I guess battle lines are drawn.

Discussion in 'The Signs of the Times' started by fallen saint, May 20, 2020.

1. fallen saint

fallen saint Baby steps :)

2. Christy1983

Christy1983 Principalities

This, from the Church Militant article about "pope bashers."
    A question: Fr. Iannuzzi, is a supporter/colleague of Mark Mallett, I believe. So, what does this means for Mark Mallett's readers. Is Mark, also, a follower of Vassula Ryden?

..."On Friday, Fr. Joseph Iannuzzi, a long-term defender of Rydén's "revelations," wrote to TLIG supporters reiterating that critics of Pope Francis "ought to leave TLIG."

In his missive, Iannuzzi, author of A Theological Review of the Ecclesiastically Approved True Life in God Prophetic Revelations, attacked "the Church Militant website [which] has long been known for its anti-papal, anti-Medjugorge, anti-Ecumenical, anti-True Life in God, anti-Vatican II statements" as having "no ecclesial authorization."

"The True Life in God messages that support Pope Francis have ecclesial authorization. End of story," Iannuzzi stated.

However, a Rome-based canon lawyer said that the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith (CDF), had cautioned against Rydén's "alleged heavenly revelations."

In a 1995 notification, then-Cdl. Joseph Ratzinger asked bishops to intervene so that "no opportunity may be provided in their Dioceses for the dissemination of her ideas" and invited "all the faithful not to regard Mrs. Vassula Rydén's writings and speeches as supernatural..."

AED and HeavenlyHosts like this.
  3. Julia

Julia Immaculate Heart of Mary, pray for us.

Thank God we are not obliged to believe every messenger that comes down the pipeline. I do agree that Pope bashing is wrong.

Jesus did say, let those who are not against Him be. That is how I feel about Vassula Ryden. Praised be Jesus and Mary.

4. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

We show obedience in these matters by following the directives given to the hierarchy to give to us. We can’t pick and choose to suit ourselves, as some would have it.