Husband's friend is problematic

Discussion in 'Prayer requests' started by DesertStar7, Jan 17, 2020.

1. DesertStar7

DesertStar7 + To Jesus through Mary @-}--

Merely a prayer request. I don't wish to create a discussion.

Please pray that the Holy Ghost turns Tony's attention solely onto his wife.

My husband has known Tony since early 1990s. I first met him (and 1st wife & kids) in 1999 or 2000. He remarried in 2008.

He has an infatuation with me. I've not encouraged it. I haven't set foot in his home / on his property in 20 years.

Especially since 2015 (why?), he's trying to involve "us" with him as much as possible (gifts, favors, invitations to his family celebrations). I've refused invitations and don't acknowledge gifts/favors. Husband has brushed off my stated concerns.

I got a text message from Tony a week ago. :unsure: It can only be that Tony suggested he send photos of husband standing beside their project, with a text, and husband gave him my cellphone #. :X3:

This guy just will not give up, apparently. :cautious: So please offer up prayers that he gets an illumination or little lighting bolt upside the head. :confused: I do not KNOW this man, am increasingly concerned that he might want to "cash in" on his "goodwill gestures."

Thank you.

2. Don_D

Don_D ¡Viva Cristo Rey!

My prayers are with you Desertstar and your husband, I have experienced something similar years ago but it was my friends wife and it unfortunately ended any possibility of friendship which it became obvious was not what it seemed to begin with.
    I know you said your intention was not to start a conversation but in these days this sort of thing is becoming more and more openly accepted and something many of us will have to face in one way or another, either us, our spouses or IMO more likely directed toward our children.