Humbly requesting prayers:

Discussion in 'Prayer requests' started by Donna259, Sep 5, 2020.

1. Donna259

Donna259 Archangels

You are such powerful prayer warriors. My son is riddled with an anxiety disorder. It is in high gear right now, keeping him from gaining employment. If I could ask those who would to pray for him. His name is Brian. I would be so grateful. His confirmation name is Michael for St Michael the Archangel. Brian has not been to church in years. I don't know what saint to turn to for some powerful intercession but I have prayed every novena known to mankind for him. He refuses professional help.

RosaryWielder, Shae, Beth B and 7 others like this.
  2. Jo M

Jo M Powers

Sorry to hear this, Donna. Brian will be in my prayers. Very sad that so many are struggling with anxiety and depression. People are having great difficulty dealing with life right now.

Shae, Beth B, DesertStar7 and 3 others like this.
  3. Donna259

Donna259 Archangels

thank you Jo!

Shae, Beth B, HeavenlyHosts and 2 others like this.
  4. Seagrace

Seagrace Archangels

I will pray for him and for you, Donna. Try and rest a bit, I will hold you up to heaven's heart.

Mary's child, Shae, Beth B and 5 others like this.
  5. Donna259

Donna259 Archangels

thanks Seagrace!

Shae, Beth B, HeavenlyHosts and 2 others like this.
  6. Mario

Mario Powers

Donna,

I will add Michael to my daily prayers. May the Holy Spirit draw him closer to the Lord in such a way that the peace of God that passes all understanding will keep Michael's heart and mind in Christ Jesus. AMEN! May we trust supremely in the Love of God for those whom we pray.

Safe in the Father's Embrace!

Mary's child, Seagrace, Shae and 5 others like this.
  7. Sam

Sam Powers

I will pray for your son Brian, Donna. I've just put him in by name for healing from his anxiety for an octave of Masses for our Mother Mary's birthday starting Sept. 8'th at the National Shrine of the Miraculous Medal and I've included all members and their families and their intentions. I have also mentioned you and a few others by name on the forum with prayer requests up{and all members and their families and intentions} for for remembrance in the Masses and prayers offered during Our Lady of Sorrows Novena, September 6 - 14, and on the feast day, September 15 at the national Shrine of the Miraculous Medal.

8. AED

AED Powers

Donna I will definitely pray for Brian and I will ask St Michael and St Joseph. I feel deeply for you.. You are dealing with health issues and now must deal with this. You are both in my prayers starting right now. (The Memorare)

Mary's child, Seagrace, Shae and 3 others like this.
  9. AED

AED Powers

Thank you Sam!!!!!

Shae, Sam and HeavenlyHosts like this.
  10. AED

AED Powers

Yes. Truly it seems an onslaught against the young especially.

Seagrace, Shae, Jo M and 2 others like this.
  11. maryrose

maryrose Powers

Nothing is impossible to God.
    I will pray.

Shae, AED, Jo M and 2 others like this.
  12. Sunnyveil

Sunnyveil Archangels

Donna, I'll pray for your son. I really feel for you as we've experienced this in our family too both with my son and my father-in-law.

My son suffered through severe cyclical bouts of anxiety followed by depression in his late teens. It took us on a journey to discover the source. He was under the care of a pediatric endocrinologist who did a ton of blood tests and found nothing. We then went to our family doctor who said that he believed he was suffering from chronic fatigue but he couldn't diagnose or test for it. Next we found a naturopathic doctor who did more blood testing but also added saliva testing for cortisol levels and urine testing for pyroluria. The cortisol test clearly indicated adrenal failure and I believe he had pyroluria, which can predispose a person to anxiety. Anyway, the naturopath was a huge help. What helped my son over time was A LOT of rest (no job or school), eating a very healthy diet, and specific supplements. Also, he saw a therapist for about 2 months who taught him cognitive behavioral therapy which helped him to control those debilitating thoughts. He never took any prescription drugs. One of the things the naturopath believed was that there are various underlying root cause conditions that cause anxiety and depression.

The naturopath pointed us to William Walsh: https://www.walshinstitute.org/
    You can also find youtube videos of him discussing causes of depresssion/anxiety which vary from person to person.

Another helpful website was this: https://www.everywomanover29.com There are questionnaires that might help your son identify causes of his anxiety along with articles on natural treatment.

If there is anything I can do to help, you can always get in touch with me. Watching my son suffer and feeling helpless was miserable. However, there was very good reason to hope that his situation could greatly improve and it has.

13. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

Thank you Sam. How very thoughtful and generous of you
    Donna, I will pray for Brian and for you and the family. Sunnyveil has given great hope here.

Shae, AED and Sam like this.
  14. Donna259

Donna259 Archangels

Thank you Mario!

HeavenlyHosts, Shae and AED like this.
  15. Donna259

Donna259 Archangels

Thank you so much for this great info Sunnyveil......

16. Donna259

Donna259 Archangels

God Bless You Sam!

17. Donna259

Donna259 Archangels

Thank you Heavenly Hosts!

18. Donna259

Donna259 Archangels

Thank You Maryrose....

19. Julia

Julia Immaculate Heart of Mary, pray for us.

Memorare said for Brian.

20. Donna259

Donna259 Archangels

thank you dear Julia

HeavenlyHosts, Shae and Julia like this.