How to revert back to a dumb phone?

Discussion in 'PC Help.' started by RosaryWielder, Apr 12, 2021.

1. RosaryWielder

RosaryWielder Away working on a lot of changes in my life.

I found my old cell phones the other day back at my place. I’m charging them now but they seem to be unresponsive; I think it’s because my parents removed the data from them back when I “upgraded” to my iPhone. I’m still discerning whether or not to ditch my iPhone for a dumb phone, but if I do, how do I go about doing it, what exactly does that entail? Does anyone have any expertise in this area?

Jo M and DesertStar7 like this.
  2. DesertStar7

DesertStar7 To Jesus + through Mary @-}--

3. Mario

Mario Powers

You can resort to a less smart phone, RW, but I recommend that you at least have 4G capability. Your other phones probably don't respond because your "sim card" is missing.

Safe in the Father's Arms!

RosaryWielder and Jo M like this.
  4. any name you wish

any name you wish Archangels

It's easiest to buy one at walmart.

5. Jo M

Jo M Powers

My husband has had a basic flip phone for several years. He purchased a Tracfone at Wal-Mart, but you can buy them at many retailers. You do not need a contract/data plan, you just purchase Tracfone minute cards for a basic phone, the cheapest is $20 for 60 minutes. Most of the phones come with a bonus of double minutes that will automatically be applied to your phone. Go to their website before you buy the phone, and put in your zipcode to make sure you will have a good signal where you live. You will also need to activate your new phone, and select a phone number through the Tracfone website. My husband has no complaints about his 'dumb phone', the signal is great wherever he goes, and the sound is very clear.

RosaryWielder likes this.
  6. Jason Fernando

Jason Fernando Archangels

Using a dumb phone could save your life in the future...

Michael Pio and RosaryWielder like this.
  7. RosaryWielder

The SIM cards are actually attached to the phones and cannot be removed or replaced; apparently the phones are just inactive.

8. RosaryWielder

Are Tracfones available in Canada?

Jo M likes this.
  9. Jo M

Jo M Powers

My apologies RW , I didn't realize you were in Canada. Unfortunately I do not think Tracphone is available where you are. :(I'm thinking there must be a similar no contract phone company in Canada where you can purchase a 'dumb phone'. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

RosaryWielder likes this.
  10. Mmary

Mmary New Member

In Canada, Freedom mobile has a pay as you go plan. You can purchase a flip phone for 84$.

11. RosaryWielder

Okay then, thanks.

Thanks, I’ll look into it.

Jo M likes this.
  12. Katfalls

Katfalls Powers

ATT bought out Tracphone. I just found that out last week when I got a new iphone and tried to get my tracphone number imported to the new iphone. It wouldn't work though because we are in a new area code.