How sad for the Irish

Discussion in 'Ireland' started by Julia, Nov 13, 2020.

1. Julia

Julia Immaculate Heart of Mary, pray for us.

If Priests offered the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass in Atonement for the sins of mankind facing East, as was traditionally practised. No one would consider looking for the best or a better performance. It should never be about performance, but Believing in what you are doing and adhering to the well tried and tested Rubrics, Don't Irish Priests realise this.

https://spiritdaily.org/blog/news/irish-priests-worry-about-on-line-ratings

Last edited: Nov 13, 2020
    Suzanne, AED and AidanK like this.
  2. AidanK

AidanK A great sinner

Those who attend the Novus Ordo are often heard to say "I like Fr...... he doesn't keep us too long". This signifies a lot. Our predecessors not so long ago walked for miles in all weathers to participate in Holy Mass in hidden places whilst fearing for there lives.one wonders do they have any understanding of the holy sacrifice of the Mass and the real presence. Of course the people are not fully to blame for this living in a society where the catechism is no longer taught and with no truly Catholic schools anymore

Julia, Suzanne and AED like this.
  3. Dolours

Dolours Powers

Sad for the Irish indeed. Here's the latest on the association's co-founder: www.irishtimes.com/news/social-affairs/religion-and-beliefs/fr-tony-flannery-rejects-vatican-offer-to-restore-ministry-for-silence-submission-on-teaching-1.4356735

Note that the Redemptorists were supporting his return to ministry. This merely confirms my belief that in Ireland the apostasy began in the priesthood. (Note also, that Fr. Flannery's brother is a strategist for the party which introduced abortion to Ireland - not that the other parties are any better).

Julia, AED and garabandal like this.
  4. garabandal

garabandal Powers

I had an email exchange with Fr Tony Flannery in 2018 about abortion. He responded to a post I placed on the ACP website -- here is my response to him ---

Thankyou for your response.
    Let me just inform you that I am a simple layman who prays the Rosary daily.
    Anyone who is a minister of the Gospel has a duty to be a prophetic voice informing consciences that the moral law of God is immutable as the 6th commandment is clear that 'thou shalt not kill' and that includes the life of the unborn. We are reminded in the catechism that procured abortion is a grave evil and formal cooperation in an abortion constitutes a grave offence. So yes, as pastors of the flock the ACP has a moral obligation to inform the consciences of the flock on the issue of abortion and should have come out clearly on the issue that procured abortion on demand is an evil. You have a duty to proclaim the gospel of life. Let me quote Pope Francis on the issue -
    “Every child who, rather than being born, is condemned unjustly to being aborted, bears the face of Jesus Christ, bears the face of the Lord, who even before he was born, and then just after birth, experienced the world’s rejection. And every elderly person…even if he is ill or at the end of his days, bears the face of Christ. They cannot be discarded, as the ‘culture of waste’ suggests!”
    That the ACP sat on the fence in this issue and washed your hands from making a definitive judgement on the moral evil of abortion is like Pilate washing his hands of the death of Christ. Therein I fear lies the problem. The ACP gave a false impression that one can in good conscience support something which is objectively evil namely the killing of an innocent child in the womb.
    The ACP has clearly spoken previously on behalf of the marginalised of society like refugees, the poor and unemployed. These marginalised groups have a voice but the unborn do not. It is the failure to support the humanity of the unborn and failure to see the face of Christ in the innocent that smacks of an injustice to the unborn.
    It also seems clear that some supporters of the ACP were uncomfortable with the position of the ACP on the issue so I am not sure why you are surprised by my robust denunciation of the 'lukewarm position' of the ACP.
    Let me remind you too that free speech remains one of the corner stones of a democracy and I have a right to speak the truth as I see it. And I maintain that the ACP sat on the fence. And with fence sitting comes uncomfortable splinters.
    It seems that my email has been removed from the website as it made uncomfortable reading too hot for the ACP to handle! Biblical terminology and comparisons not allowed!

Mary's child, Julia, Suzanne and 3 others like this.
  5. Dolours

Dolours Powers

I'm not surprised your response was deleted. What's more concerning for me is that the Redem0t9rist order wanted him to be restored to ministry.