How Can We Expect Matthew 24 to Be Realized?

Discussion in 'The Signs of the Times' started by The Cub, Dec 14, 2007.

1. The Cub

The Cub New Member

2. padraig

padraig Powers

I have often thought, Cub that this scripture passage is a key to understanding the signs of the times. But I think the antiChrist should not be conflated into what is to come.

3. The Cub

The Cub New Member

Padraig,

Not sure of the best answer........

what of the other prophetic texts? and of Satan? The Church is unsure as to whether Satan can see the future....but surely he can read.

I have often wondered why he doesn't simply throw in the towel......Jesus defeated him on the cross. I have rationalized that whereas God is good (by that I mean that all goodness has Him as its source), Satan is the epitome of evil. He knows that he has lost, and that his time is short....yet his pride is so great that his plan is to take as many human souls as he can.

Metaphorically speaking, the Tribulation will be similar to an incandescent light bulb burning out......just before such a light bulb goes, it gives one last burst of energy.....and then lights out.

Similarly, we can expect Satan soon to give it all that he has in one last burst.......and then Our Lady will crush his head !!!

and his 'lights will be put out'. :D

4. Rain

Rain Powers

My guess is that Satan knows he's going to lose. He keeps at it because he wants to lead as many souls as possible away from God before his time is up.

It's a numbers game called Spite.

[marq=down] :twisted: :eek: :twisted: [/marq]

5. Mario

Mario Powers

Order of events.

Cub,

You outlined the following order of events as erroneous. I agree. Could you follow up with your understanding of what the correct order of events might be?

1) The good people mysteriously die and are resurrected into their spiritual and glorious bodies;

2) and then, the good people are raptured into heaven;

3) and then, the evil people on Earth are persecuted during the Tribulation;

4) and then, Jesus will return to cleanse the world;

5) and then, Jesus will reign [in the Eucharist] for the symbolic 1,000 years;

6) and then, Satan will be unleashed from Hell;

7) and then, the armies will gather at, and be defeated at, Armagedon;

8) and then, the General Judgement

Thanks! Happy Solemnity of Mary, Y'all!

6. The Cub

The Cub New Member

Mario,

The above mentioned list is from a writing regarding the “Myth of the Pre-Tribulational Rapture”. Accordingly, my response is limited to such notion.

I risk telling you that which you already know...perhaps better than I. The Church teaches that the Pre-Trib Rapture is a man-made myth, apparently originating from Darby and a translation of the Bible that he made about 250 years ago. Even then it was supposedly mentioned only in a footnote.

Notwithstanding the lack of a teaching authority, far too many Protestants rely upon eisegesis rather than exegesis in their personal interpretation of Holy Scripture. Such is the case with dispensationalists and the so-called ‘Rapture’. That is they have reached (or accepted) this ‘feel-good theology’, and then pour over the Scriptures in search of verbiage taken out of context to support their previously-conceived notion. Should Holy Scripture get into their way; they simply ignore the ‘inconvenient’ texts.

How can one ignore 1 Cor 15, and continue to believe that (1) Holy Scripture is the inerrant Word of God, and (2) there will be a Pre-Trib Rapture? Who can believe that Jesus would give us Luke 21, and not mention the “Rapture”....even casually in passing?

I think that the answer to your question is provided in the referenced writing (i.e. The Myth of the Pre-Tribulational Rapture”); but in summary:

1. The Church will experience the Tribulation. Like Christ, we must experience our Good Friday before our Easter Sunday. Those who make the consecration to the Immaculate Heart of Mary; and respond when summoned, will be fully-protected during the Tribulation at the refuges:

See:

http://www.call2holiness.org/consecration/prayers.html

http://www.call2holiness.org/RefugesonW ... nWings.htm

I can tell you that the refuges do exist! The days of Elijah have arrived!

We will exist there fully-protected, but without many of our current conveniences. This is how Our Lady crushes the head of the serpent. God always takes care of His people.....ALWAYS!

2. The Antichrist and False Prophet will persecute the remaining Faithful who did not make the consecration to the Immaculate Heart or failed to respond when summoned.
    3. God will chastise the world in various ways i.e. “The Day of the Lord”.
    4. The armies will gather at Armageddon, and Our Heavenly Father will send His comet of chastisement causing amongst other things, the three days of darkness (Dan 2:45; Rev 16:10-11; Rev 18:21 n.b. the words ‘a stone cut ....from no human hand’)

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/era-of-pe ... 178226359/

5. Jesus will return on the clouds, purify the earth, and set up His kingdom on earth in the Era of Peace:
    http://www.call2holiness.org/EraofPeace/EraofPeace.htm

We have nothing to fear.....if we obey the directives of Our Lord....and continue to hold Our Lady's hand. Indeed, this is a glorious time to be alive!

Maranan tha !!!

7. Mario

Mario Powers

Cub,

One of my favorite writers, Michael O'Brien, depicts such a refuge in his novel, Eclipse of the Sun. Years ago, in the early 1990s, there was a seer whose name I can't recall; he said he was instructed by the Lord to build such refuges. Geralyn and I investigated a couple of them. One was located in northwest New Hampshire. If my family is so directed, we will go.

Does that mean I have better ears than other Catholics, or that in living, I would represent a more mature type of Christian? No way, Jose! None of what you write implies you believe such a ludicrous statement, but personally, I fear spritual pride. You believe you have been called to prepare others for what lies ahead and it appears you have been faithful for years. Wonderful! But remember, one only needs to be in Christ to not fear, for Christ's indwelling love casts out all fear.

Actually, I think to be in heaven would be the best of all refuges! Now that would be full protection! :D LOL! God's will be done!

In the Hearts of Jesus and Mary!

8. The Cub

The Cub New Member

Mario,

Thank you for your response.

Remember that the Warning will change the attitudes of many. We hope that what we have prepared will be helpful for those who are in a panic after the Warning, to ascertain what to do.

Indeed, one does not need to comply with the specific directives of Our Lord that I referred to above to attain Heaven. I am sure there were Israelites who refused to spread the blood of the lamb over their doors and lintels, and ended up in Heaven.....after having suffered the plagues.

Remember that God did not build the ark for Noah, but gave him directions, and blessed his work. Jesus did not lay the fish on the beach for the Apostles, but told them to cast out into the deep, and blessed their efforts. Did not God warn Lot and his family to flee from Sodom and Gomorrah before He chastised the cities?

Similarly, we are being warned how to escape the plagues, chastisements and persecution that will accompany the Tribulation. God requires human interaction.

Our Heavenly Father is as loving and merciful as He is omni-potent. He does not want His Faithful to suffer. Essentially, He has asked that we (1) convert; (2) make the consecration to the Immaculate Heart; (3) bless our homes in a specific manner with certain sacramentals; (4) store a bit of water, food and supplies for the future (only what we can --- He will multiply them); and (5) flee to the refuges immediately upon being summoned.

Is this too much to ask?

May I suggest that you Google the effects of small pox, tuleremia, ebolla, et al....and yes, nuclear radiation.....and then compare that to the costs of a few small blessed crucifixes, blessed salt, holy water, and a bit of extra food, water and supplies.

He has protected His Faithful in the past in many diff ways. One example:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/era-of-peace/message/278

This time we are being told specifically what to do to be protected.

If I read you last post correctly, you believe that I am spreading the word out of false pride. I am sorry that you feel that way. Yes, I have been given a mission by God. If I have done anything to offend you, then I apologize....that was never my intent.

God bless you and your family,

Cubbie

9. Mario

Mario Powers

Shalom!

Cub,

SIGH!

No, I do not believe you are struggling with pride. JoeJerk loves to use the weakness of forums- no voice inflexion, no body language- to sow suspicion and division. As a wise priest has told me, "In charity, always assume the best in others, but be prudent in what you share about yourself." BTW, your willingness to include material preparations in your consideration of future events, reminds me of Proverbs 22:3-

A prudent man sees danger and hides himself; but the simple go on and suffer for it.

Also, the Divine Plan almost always includes human collaboration, though the glory goes to God:

Pr 21:31 The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the Lord!

Keep up the good work. I'm encouraged by it.

In the Hearts of Jesus and Mary!

10. Luan Ribeiro

Luan Ribeiro Powers

When Jesus says to pray that our escape will not take place on Saturday or winter, is he saying that the persecution by Antichrist would begin on a date that satisfies these two conditions in the northern hemisphere (where Israel is located)? Was Jesus saying that by that date it would be too late to escape the big cities that would be under Antichrist's control?

11. AidanK

AidanK A great sinner

what is the mission you believe God has given you?

12. Allan Jose

Allan Jose New Member

I saw a Youtube video produced by a Catholic group that was quickly deleted (it was darn fast!) with the title that the Antichrist will be revealed on March 6, 2021. I was not able to watch it because as I was about to open it, it was gone in the blink of an eye! I could no longer find it. Or was it a divine purpose that I should see that date?

Coincidentally, I was able to watch another video where one of the slides showed that the Great Tribulation will start on the same date. But I did not bother with it because the video was date-setting past and future events, and it looks Protestant.

13. Christy Beth

Christy Beth Archangels

I don't think we are meant to set dates at this time. For Jesus himself said that only God the Father knows when the end times will come. I remember back in the 1970's a writer named Hal Lindsey wrote a book where he said that the end would come in 1988. Well, that didn't happen. We are to watch for the signs, as foretold by the bible, and be prepared for whenever that comes. It may happen in our lifetime, and it may not. Christians have been waiting for 2000 years for the rapture and end of time. We are to prepare as if it will happen soon, but work as if it will take awhile. God has a work for each of us to do, and we need to be doing that for as long as He gives us. I may die tomorrow, and my biggest challenge is to see to it that my soul is prepared to meet him face to face at any moment.

Sam and AED like this.