House of Prayer

Discussion in 'Marian Apparitions' started by Fatima, Sep 11, 2018.

1. jackzokay

jackzokay Archangels

I don't understand this post?
    What does it mean?

2. jackzokay

jackzokay Archangels

Nor do I understand this post?
    What does it mean?

3. Julia

Julia Immaculate Heart of Mary, pray for us.

There is another update from Christina Gallagher, not a message, but a call to respond to Heavens request for prayer and fasting. I confess to believing there is a genuine mission for conversion in Ireland through the House of Prayer. But understand and respect those who don't, based on media and other testimonies. I don't believe anyone was pressured in giving money to Christina Gallagher, if they gave freely, so be it. Why they gave or how much they gave is irrelevant, as long as it was not stolen money. Sadly the whole debate is about money, not whither her prophesies came true......Many prophesies did, and are coming true as we speak. I think the date must be circa the beginning of March 2020, no date shown. Incidentally, since this call was published it appears the Irish Government has cancelled the Saint Patricks day Parades.

URGENT - A call to 'prayer like never before'.

Christina states,
    At this critical moment when Ireland and the entire world are confronted by the coronavirus, I am surprised not to have heard from every Church leader an appeal calling people in their homes to storm Heaven with prayer for the mercy of God to protect us because this virus is a war against life. Seeing it for what it is - a weaponised disease of biological warfare..not only targeting the elderly but, according to certain experts, also causing permanent damage to the lungs of the younger generation, surely no effort can be spared to implore Heaven to come to our rescue.

I believe now is the time we are called to carry out what Our Lady suggested to us, namely that those who already have in their homes Her 3-dimensional image as Queen of Peace, pray Her Rosary before it from their hearts every day and wear Her sacramentals, ie the Matrix Medal and Precious Petal.
    It is already some years since Our Lady Herself begged humanity not only to pray but to "pray as never before" and now that the events which She clearly and repeatedly warned us about (over the past 30 years) are upon the world, are people going to wait until it is no longer possible to do even that?
    In the present crisis when the world is in the grip of a deadly pandemic and totally bereft of any medical remedy, surely there should be a nationwide (indeed a worldwide) summons to all people- irrespective of their beliefs- to turn to Almighty God in their own homes and beg fervently for protection and deliverance even if it is clear that we are already in the very grip of this plague?

It is bewildering and frustrating to hear from politicians insistent calls to the public to wash their hands while, at the same time they permit people to come and go from the worst affected areas abroad without restriction and they refuse to cancel huge gatherings of people such as St. Patrick's Day parades and sporting fixtures which will propagate and embed this deadly virus more fully in communities nationwide. Is the economic concern more important than conserving and saving people's lives? A medical professor in Texas, speaking recently on PRIME TIME observed that Ireland had a unique capability, being an island, to ensure the virus would be kept out of the country but had failed.

Or is it deliberately permitted by certain world powers to allow a Stockmarket and banking collapse with a view to imposing more easily 'the chip' so as to usher in a total control of people? One wonders...

Christina Gallagher.
    Fr. Gerard McGinnity,
    Spiritual Director.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2020
    jackzokay likes this.
  4. Yes Julia the message she wrote would have been absolutely perfect if she had of left out promoting sales of the above..now let me think were could one get the items she mentions?????

oh right I see from her very expensive online shop....

This is the big big problem I have with the house of prayer and yes I happened to visit it twice , Achill is indeed very beautiful and so is the house of prayer but as you mention about money scandals and that if you don't believe her messages your doomed that is the biggest warning of all for me...

5. Julia

Good point, well presented. I do not have those items spoken of in the 'call' either. Am not planning on purchasing them, and don't feel doomed. The thing is, a lot of people are scared right now with the media hype about the coronavirus. I have my Divine Mercy Image which promises protection in times of trouble, but many people do not have the comfort of knowing all the existing means of protection already made available through different devotions. And the way I see it, those items might be a comfort to someone who is down right scared. OK Julia is too much of an optimist, looking for the good in the article. But not about to spend money on the items mentioned. Besides, I thought all the petals were already distributed, so where would more come from. And yes, that message would have had a powerful impact if it stopped at the things to be done without spending money. We have after all been discussing how useful bicarbonate of soda and coca cola will be in surviving this pandemic. God bless and take care of you and your loved ones as we march through these global killing fields. :eek:

AED, "Quis ut Deus" and jackzokay like this.
  6. (y):love:

I should have added I was once in the presence of Father McGinnity whilst he said mass and prayed, I have no doubt at all he is a very Holy man as he definitely touched my soul..

Fatima and Julia like this.
  7. Dolours

Dolours Powers

I have never been to the House of Prayer and I don't believe any of Christina Gallagher's messages. I think it unfair for people to promote her messages without making it clear that she has no official Church approval whatsoever. I have posted statements from her local Bishop. A huge red flag for me was her choice to not have the Blessed Sacrament in her place rather than comply with the Bishop's wishes. It has been a while since I read about it, but I'm fairly sure that I recall a report about her telling the Bishop that she was "going global" and would be applying direct to the Vatican for Church approval. Did she ever get that sorted out with her local Bishop or with the Vatican?

Beth B, HeavenlyHosts and AED like this.
  8. Fatima

Fatima Powers

Given to Christina Gallagher

SWARMS of LOCUSTS

In His message given in October 2012 (see The Cross Uncovered p.333) Jesus said, “My people, hear and respond as I have called you, for even worse turmoil is on its way. The locusts will come and devour you while you are spiritually asleep.”

On March 29, 2009 (see The Cross Uncovered p.309) Our Blessed Lady had said, “Locusts such as have never been seen before will form a plague; it will seem as if they themselves have an evil intent, almost as if they have an awareness that they are to wreak destruction…"

Nearly ten million people in the affected region of East Africa already face dire food shortages owing to floods and drought. A humanitarian crisis now looms there in the face of unprecedented numbers of voracious locusts. Not only have the countries of Ethiopia, Somalia, and Kenya been infested but South Sudan and Uganda are facing similar invasion.

From Spiritdaily.com Today
    Second Massive Wave Of Locusts Swarms Across Africa
    April 10, 2020 by sd

From Associated Press:

[​IMG]Weeks before the coronavirus spread through much of the world, parts of Africa were already threatened by another kind of plague, the biggest locust outbreak some countries had seen in 70 years.

Now the second wave of the voracious insects, some 20 times the size of the first, is arriving. Billions of the young desert locusts are winging in from breeding grounds in Somalia in search of fresh vegetation springing up with seasonal rains. Millions of already vulnerable people are at risk. And as they gather to try to combat the locusts, often in vain, they risk spreading the virus — a topic that comes a distant second for many in rural areas. Weeks before the coronavirus spread through much of the world, parts of Africa were already threatened by another kind of plague, the biggest locust outbreak some countries had seen in 70 years. Now the second wave of the voracious insects, some 20 times the size of the first, is arriving. Billions of the young desert locusts are winging in from breeding grounds in Somalia in search of fresh vegetation springing up with seasonal rains. Millions of already vulnerable people are at risk. And as they gather to try to combat the locusts, often in vain, they risk spreading the virus — a topic that comes a distant second for many in rural areas.

Julia and lynnfiat like this.
  9. Fatima

Fatima Powers

Jesus spoke to Christina on April 26, 2020

Man of Sorrow, I call upon you to listen and hear what I reveal to you through My messenger. You are only at the beginning of the battle of the antichrist. The antichrist is on the earth and has many in his army at work for him. Your world will be plunged into the wrath of the Justice of My Father. You have rejected My Word and My Mercy all these years. My people, your heart and lips were full of mockery. Soon you will enter a time of suppression. You will be suppressed and filled with fear. I have called you many times but you would not listen because your hearts were full of hatred and your mouths full of filth that spewed nothing but mockery for My message and My messenger. There will be eternal death for many such people whose only desire was to live in sin. There will be many sufferings that will befall your world through sin. The man of perdition, the antichrist and the many in his army are uniting with you through your acceptance of all that is anti of My Life: murder is in the hearts of many - abortion, euthanasia and killing the handicapped - all that is opposed to My commandments. I desire that you read and live the Ten Commandments of your God.

The battle of the antichrist will continue with many illnesses and hunger which will befall the world but it is he who is antichrist in union with sin that will make it possible to bring this about.

What is taking place now (part of the third secret of Fatima which was never made public) is the Abomination - through the world leaders leading My people of the redeemed into a suppression of darkness and fear. Life will be lost but in many cases it is happening through the permittance of the dictatorship. You are surrounded by darkness and a suppression that is not of Me. How it grieves My Sacred Heart to witness how those of My shepherds who should uphold Truth and lead My flock, have scattered, many of them uniting with him who is not of Truth. I say to you, "O shepherds, who have permitted this, woe unto you when you come before Me. You have gone down the road of darkness and merryed your ways to hell.

My Church - its doors are now closed without need, while the raising up of antichrist is taking place, setting him in his true anchorage, in domination of the whole world. Black Masses, uniting more deeply with antichrist, are multiplying at this time for his enthronement.

My dear people, I have called you ‘man of sorrow’ for now you await the mark of the beast which will separate you from life in Me. The mark of the beast is ready and many will run to receive it. There will be a facility called ..* which will activate the mark of the beast for control, even unto death for many. Those who receive the mark of the beast , their life in union with Me will end for them, for they are in union with him who is antichrist and their only life will be with him. But for those who turn to Life and Truth and live it, let My commandments be in your heart and life and in that way you will remain in My Life. How My mercy flows and there are none to desire it. You have permitted yourselves to be thrown in the pit. Even in this late hour if you could only open your heart and your eyes and receive My mercy and wisdom, I could help you. Turn to Me, My people, for there is no reason that you cannot receive Me in Body, Blood, Soul and Divinity. Ask Me for help and I will help you. The world's powers in evil are united for your destruction, suppression and control. I as your Lord God will permit this to take place until you decide you desire Life or death. I am aware there will be but a remnant that will remain faithful and then I will send forth at the appointed Hour of My Father the chastisement unto the world that will purify it of the dense darkness and evil and those who have united with it. My Father will permit fire to fall from the sky and many will be annihilated - antichrist and all who have given themselves to him and there will come a time of peace where there will be no tears but peace in union with your God. Do not be afraid and those united with you. I will be among you.

Fear not, for I am with you and I will inspire you to be in a place of safety in the coming Hour that is close at hand. I, Jesus bless you in union with My Father through the Holy Spirit.

Julia likes this.
  10. Irishguy2

Irishguy2 Angels

Her local Bishop dumped her with a statement long ago. Blessed sacrament was removed in the house of prayer which I noticed. Was it on bishop order?

Visited house of prayer once as friend showed me around re her mansion with a high walled gate. Felt sorry for people who were manipulated and duped by her.

Beth B and HeavenlyHosts like this.
  11. Julia

I have been to the House of Prayer a few times years ago. I have to be honest and testify that I received the grace to love and pray the Holy Rosary from the House of Prayer.

As we all know, we used to plough through the Rosary if and when we bothered to say it, and get it over and done with without much attention to what we were saying for years.

It was after visiting the House of Prayer that I found myself focusing on what I was saying and thinking of what was entailed in the Mysteries. I realised by degrees this change came after visiting the House of Prayer.

I remember reading years ago there was a battle with the Bishop demanding the keys to the purse of any donations given to the House of Prayer. Then I remember going there and being told we were asked to go to the local Church for Mass or other sacraments. It is important to say at this point, there were no services available at the local Church, just normal services for locals. Visitors were not accommodated at all, that I could see. If the local parish Church had made services available, I would have been happy to attend them. On the other hand, the parish would have had to finance extra staff at the parish to look after visitors. They didn't to my knowledge, or maybe they would have had a roaring trade going on, if they had.

I was given to understand the local Church needed more money coming in, and the visitors were not visiting the local Church as they were able to hear Mass at the House of Prayer, and from then on Mass was stopped so people would have no choice but to go to the Church and to me that was a way of getting the donations into the coffers of the diocese. I am sorry to be so blunt. But that is how I understood what I saw happen years ago. I know there was dreadful criticism, which people are free to believe. I refuse to be influenced by the rumours and calumny. God will judge Christina. As for me, I thank God for allowing me the grace to pray Rosary better. And it would be a betrayal on my part to deny the grace I received, a treasure to this day.

It seems over the years that many of the prophesies Christina Gallagher published came about, and it was with each realisation of another prophesy that I became convinced Christina's messages were indeed coming from supernatural sources. Only God knows at this time if my experience proves correct, but in the meantime it seems to be just like it is with Our Lady of America, follow the money if you want an insight into the truth. But the messages which unfold and the call to return to God and His Ten Commandments should be our focus, not passing judgement on those who are the bearers of the message.

Last edited: May 8, 2020
  12. maryrose

maryrose Powers

I visited the House of Prayer once after it opened. It very nice and I met Christine. She was very gracious. I'm not sure what to make of all the subsequent reports but I don't feel I have enough evidence to judge her one way or the other. I keep a weather eye on what she says and leave it at that.

Julia and AED like this.
  13. lynnfiat

lynnfiat Fiat Voluntas Tua

My experience with Christina Gallagher - for your discernment.

This is written from my memory and as this was 25-26 years ago (shortly after I came into the Catholic Church) much has not been remembered exactly as had happened, but this is my story as I remember it:

Soon after coming into the Church, I had a wonderful nun, Sr. Maureen Ryan (from Ireland but living in the States), who was helping me at that time as I had many mystical experiences happening to me that I didn’t understand. Shortly after my meetings with her, I went to a Marian conference with my husband where Christina was to have spoken (as we went to many, I do not remember which one this was). As she was sick at the time and unable to travel, they had set up a large screen and televised her talk. As soon as I heard her speak, a feeling of great peace came over me. Christina spoke about a medal that Our Lady wanted us all to have and many, many people at the conference went to the back of the auditorium to get their medal. As I looked back, I thought to myself that I would never get through that crowd, but went ahead to get my medal. As I walked toward the table where the medals were, it seemed as though everyone parted aside without even looking at me and I was able to walk directly up to the table and get my medal.

Back at home I went to meet with Sr. Maureen and told her about the conference and the medal I had gotten from Christina. She then told me an amazing story: Sr. Maureen was in Medjugorje a few years prior to this and went into Mass noticing that people were saving seats, so she saved the seat next to her. As Christina walked down the isle of the Church, Sister motioned to her to sit in the seat next to her. Sister had no idea of who Christina was. After Mass, Christina asked if she could talk to Sister, so they went outside and sat on the steps of the Church where Christina told her what she was experiencing at that time and told Sister that Jesus asked that she have a medal made and gave her instructions on how it should look. Sister Maureen directed Christina to one of the Medjugorje Priests. Christina had gotten Sisters address and had been writing her many letters for quite some time, but Sister thought it was time that Christina had someone in Ireland to help her, so she directed her to a Sister in her order back in Ireland.

But, the story continues: A few years after this, my husband and I started a Divine Will prayer group in North Palm Beach, FL. We had quite a large group of people. (I won’t go into details, but Jesus told me several things that would happen in that group – which did happen!) One of the ladies in our group had gone on a pilgrimage to the House of Prayer in Ireland and came back to the States and opened the House of Prayer in Florida.

When I first became Catholic, I asked Our Lady to never allow me to become deceived by any untruth (books or visionaries) I believe Our Lady has always been true to my request.

I have had another incredible experience concerning Christina that is truly amazing, but I will post only if it be God's Will.

Mary's child, Mario, Julia and 2 others like this.
  14. Fatima

Fatima Powers

I agree on the picture and its method of raising funds, are perhaps essential to keep the House's of Prayer going. I almost bought one last year while in the House of Prayer in Minnesota, but I thought, would it be more pleasing to our Lady then my already full size picture, in my home Shrine, blessed decades ago by a Schoenstatt priest in our home? Now, it is without doubt that the several House's of Prayer throughout the world take money to keep them up, just as do all other places of retreat houses, churches etc., do. So, if this is one way to help, if figure there is not a problem doing it, it just wasn't for me. One is not forced by Christina to purchase these picture, it is only recommended.

Now on another note, if anyone has not read the latest 'shout-out' by her long time spiritual director, companion and priest Father McGinnity, I suggest you read what he posted in debunking so many of the rumors and myths that have been levied against Christina as follows at http://www.christinagallagher.org/en/:
    • STATEMENT OF REV DR GERARD MC GINNITY Spiritual Director of Christina Gallagher: "I feel a strong and urgent duty to confront the continuing appearance of certain poisonous remarks and slanderous gossip in online blogs and posts designed to discredit Christina and undermine the mission entrusted to her by Heaven".
    Other statements of clarification by Father McGinnity on the following:
    • The first of these is a remark that “Christina is not obedient to the Church”.
    • The second slander implies financial impropriety.
    • False accusations.
    • Conclusion.

Julia and Jackie like this.
  15. padraig

padraig New Member

I am happy enough to follow the Church on Apparitions. If the Church changes her opinions I will be happy enough to change mine.:)

I do admit , though, that she has a huge hit rate on her prophesies. A huge hit rate.:)

Mary's child, Julia and Jackie like this.
  16. Fatima

Fatima Powers

If I lived in Ireland I would check it all out for myself. I would make time to talk with Father McGinnity with any confusion or differences I hear to what he knows and believes and why. We know from scripture, "no prophet is welcomed in their own land", but after hearing Father speak in Minnesota, he is the one who sold me on Christina being a messenger for these times. I have never seen a more reverent holy said mass then the one Father McGinnity say's. The only thing I did not like was the "push" to sell items, which I spoke to in an earlier post that money is necessary to have a mission like hers throughout the world. But you are right.... she has been most accurate on her prophecies to this point.

17. Jackie

Jackie Archangels

After my reversion, so it has been quite a few years ago, I drove with a friend to Our Lady’s House of Prayer in the tiny little town of Humboldt, Kansas. My immediate family thought I was crazy. I do not know if it is still one of the Houses.

Julia likes this.
  18. Malachi

Malachi Archangels

The bar has to be pretty low to say she has any kind of hit rate. It would be like going to the bookies and placing a bet on every horse in the race.

Dolours and AED like this.
  19. Fatima

Fatima Powers

The only House's of prayer are in Ireland, Texas, Minnesota and Florida.

20. Julia

God bless you lynnfiat. You are one of a rare find to share your own testimony. I do believe many other people have received special graces, but it is quite possible they don't happen to post on this Forum. Thank you so, so much. And your testimony is utterly beautiful.

I for one would be grateful if you feel able to share the other experience you encountered with Christina.

I had a cousin who was a Priest, now R I P. He was not sure about Christina; but he did tell me years ago that a Priest friend of his had visited Christina and she had told his Priest friend things about himself that no one but God knew. I should clarify this Priest friend of my cousins was in a bit of a crisis, and got good advice and encouragement from Christina. So his Priest friend was convinced Christina had a special mission from God and it was especially for Priests. I am grateful to have had the chance to have heard this second hand testimony from my Priest cousin. Your testimony is first hand. :)

Last edited: May 10, 2020
    maryrose and Mario like this.