Homosexual rationale

Discussion in 'The Signs of the Times' started by AidanK, Nov 20, 2020.

1. AidanK

AidanK A great sinner

There are senior clerics who wish to "accompany" active homosexuals by granting them full access to the sacraments including marriage. Now, bear with me while I try to figure something out. Since my wife and I separated ten years ago I have been living alone and it's a very lonesome journey and I often crave companionship. And yes, as I am still in my 50s,I struggle with my sexual tendencies. If I see a scantily clad woman I will succumb to lustful thoughts. However, I abstain from all sexual activity because I know that it is forbidden to receive the sacraments while living in a state of serious sin. Not only the churches law but Christs law. Believe me, it's not easy, but I do it out of love and need of the sacraments and abstention is necessary for my souls sake. Have I left anything out folks?

2. garabandal

garabandal Powers

Aidan, you are an inspiration!

You are walking the narrow path.

Those who are addicted to their passions I am afraid have taken the wide road.

Don_D, Mary's child, Suzanne and 4 others like this.
  3. DesertStar7

DesertStar7 Powers

Well my husband (of 27 years) wasn't able to take Communion until his 1st wife (abandoned him after a serious injury which disabled him) obtained their divorce from the Church about 15 years ago.

I was still a Protestant, so didn't care one way or the other then.

Husband is not interested in returning to Catholicism (is currently attending a Baptist church).

But if he had been wanting to take Communion prior to 1st wife's Church-sanctioned divorce, why should he have been disallowed? She abandoned him and filed for legal divorce years prior to seeking it via the Church.

Not fair to him! Why should anyone else get special treatment?

4. non sum dignus

non sum dignus Archangels

I am trying to understand...

You say he obtained a divorce by the church...

It could not be the Catholic Church because the Catholic Church does not recognize divorce.

If it was the Catholic Church he could have possibly obtained an annulment, which finds that a valid "marriage " never took place and so is declared "null"

If he had legally obtained a divorce decree by the government but was not in another relationship he would not be denied Communion. Only if he entered into another marriage (or sexual relationship) would he be denied Communion; since the first marriage was yet to be found null.

Since the Church believes as Christ commands that sacramental marriage is until death, entering into a second relationship would be living in a state of serious sin (and so denied Communion) unless the first "marriage " is actually invalid.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2020
    AidanK and Sam like this.
  5. non sum dignus

Any senior clerics that allow active homosexualls to recieve Communion or "marriage" are deceived and enabling others to commit serious sin.....

Oh, how compassionate of them!

One has to ask to WHERE are they "accompanying" them.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2020
    Suzanne, AidanK and WTW like this.
  6. DesertStar7

DesertStar7 Powers

Yes, that must have been it (annulment / declared null).

Husband had said "She's divorced me by the Church now, I guess she wants to be re-married," but at the time he was still rather unwell (effects of seizures and a head injury) and I didn't poke my nose into it (lots of very hurt feelings) and seldom recall it.

Don_D likes this.
  7. AidanK

AidanK A great sinner

Unfortunately it has always been the case that bad things happen to good people, and I fear it will continue to be so. Such is the problem of suffering, including when one person leaves a marriage leaving the other person to live alone

WTW, AED and DesertStar7 like this.
  8. AidanK

AidanK A great sinner

A sacramental marriage is not erased because one or other walks away. Just as a persons non-participation in Holy Mass does not erase their baptism.

WTW, AED, Suzanne and 2 others like this.
  9. non sum dignus

Yes exactly.
    An annulment is a finding that at the time of the "marriage " no real Sacramental marriage actually took place.

10. An Guilbneach

An Guilbneach Mane Nobiscum Domine

Dear AidanK, as an old Priest friend said to me long ago, We are all under the Cloud. Keep up the good fight, I have found it very important to guard the eye's at all times, be careful of TV and TV adverts in particular. Remember there is much out there that is designed to corrupt our hearts, we will not always be aware of this, I have a bit of experience in design, sometimes I am able to detect the evil intent that is behind the design of cloths and products. Lustful thoughts will often come into our heads, but succumb to them we must not, it's a very important first battle that we have to win. In my own difficulties I have found our Lady a massive help, She is such a wonderful MOTHER. God bless you Aidan. I'll pray for you and if you can say one for me. (Ps. I am in my 50s too!)

OREMUS PRO INVICEM
    Let is pray for one another.

Sam, AED, HeavenlyHosts and 1 other person like this.
  11. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

Those evil thoughts that come to us are merely temptations unless we give into them and entertain them.
    St. Aloysius is a good saint to pray to for holy purity.

12. AED

AED Powers

I say 3 Hail Marys every morning and every night to be protected from sin. I don't suffer from the temptations you speak of any more but I've got plenty of others. Remember though if you don't give in and entertain the thought or the image it is not a sin. The devil confuses us with guilt that is not ours. Full consent is required for there to be sin.
    I seem to recall an old priest being asked by a young priest when he would finally be free of temptations against purity and the old priest answered "about an hour after you're dead." IOW its a struggle to the end.

Don_D and HeavenlyHosts like this.
  13. non sum dignus

Partial consent is sufficient for venial sin.

One commits venial sin when, in a less serious matter, he does not observe the standard prescribed by the moral law, or when he disobeys the moral law in a grave matter, but without full knowledge or without complete consent.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2020
    AED likes this.
  14. An Guilbneach

An Guilbneach Mane Nobiscum Domine

AED, I also say the 3 Hail Mary's, morning and evening, consecrating my soul body and affections of the heart, have done so for years now, it is really a wonderful help.

HeavenlyHosts and AED like this.
  15. AED

AED Powers

Yes it is!!!

HeavenlyHosts likes this.
  16. Muzhik

Muzhik Powers

My local Catholic radio station (KCRD-LP FM Dubuque, listen online) (Full disclosure: I'm on the board.) broadcasts a collection of recent sermons every morning. ("Sermons for Everyday Living", from "Station of the Cross Radio Network") I've started to listen to that because I've gotten so tired of listening to NPR's bias. At the end of every show they ask us to say 3 Hail Mary's for the priests featured on that day's show. I'm finding it a very uplifting way to start the day!

AED, Mario, Sam and 1 other person like this.
  17. Mario

Mario Powers

(y):D(y)

18. AED

AED Powers

Lovely.