Holy Hour

Discussion in 'On prayer itself' started by padraig, May 23, 2020.

1. padraig

padraig New Member

I had my first Holy Hour in goodness knows how long during the week. :) The Church had just reopened !! Allel:):):)uia!!

It is so true that we often have to loose something in order to value it and goodness was it ever valued. Sitting down and setting the times on my phone reminded me of my Auntie Grace. Grace was a Nursing Sister who travelled the world with her best friend Thelma and I think all they ever saw was the beaches.

Spiritually it felt just like that, lazily having a whole entire hour in front of the Blessed Sacrament. Heaven.

I noticed the Church had an amazing amount of people the whole time. Many of them in and out for a while, But I also noticed others who I think were doing far more than the mere hour.

Folks streaming in and out of the Confessional constantly. How wonderful.

Coming out it was like Moses coming down from Mount Sinai. Best of all I am about to go back to that Holy beach to lie down for another our.

God is so Good , so very ,very good. I would so love when my time comes to die during a Holy Hour, I would not have to wait to go to heaven, for already I would be in heaven.

Jo M, Dolours, Shae and 2 others like this.
  2. AED

AED Powers

Yes. Eloquent and true. Just yes.

Shae and padraig like this.
  3. padraig

padraig New Member

I was given the most beautiful Prophetic Scripture during the Holy Hour there now.

I hope it helps someone out there.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

AED, Sunnyveil, Shae and 2 others like this.
  4. padraig

padraig New Member

God Bless President Trump he's wonderful.:)

I'm starting to wonder about the Media though? Where is all this wickedness coming from?

Who is pulling their strings? They're like Rabid Dogs. So vexing. They're all wearing masks.

I am starting to HATE masks.

I'm never going to wear a mask again unless I'm in a clinical environment with actual virus victims. I've had it with this FEAR thing.

upload_2020-5-23_16-11-47.jpeg

Last edited: May 23, 2020
    AED, Jo M, Jackie and 2 others like this.
  5. padraig

padraig New Member

By the way the French Supreme Court during the week ruled the week ruled that Government had no right to interfere with the Right to Religious Worship. This has not got any traction in the Media. Surprise , surprise. if we don't defend our rights we won't have any.

I have no doubt whatsoever that the US Supreme Court will do the same if a challenge were launched.

It's hard not to angry. But maybe we should be angry. Maybe we should be furious.

I just kept on thinking these things during my Holy Hour. We ask God to help. but maybe God is expecting us to help ourselves.

To care enough to act on His behalf.

[​IMG]

AED and Shae like this.
  6. garabandal

garabandal Powers

The problem is that our pastors and bishops are so engrossed in 'dialogue' with the secular world they would go along with anything suggested.

If the secular governments said we had to wear silly hats to go up to receive communion our lot would put in a requisition for silly hats tomorrow!

'Dialogue' (yuck!) - a word never used by the Church before Vatican II.

[​IMG]
    German cafes enforcing social distancing with pool-noodle hats.

Dolours and HeavenlyHosts like this.
  7. padraig

padraig New Member

1 Corinthians 2:9-16

“What no eye has seen,
    what no ear has heard,
    and what no human mind has conceived”a]">[a]—
    the things God has prepared for those who love him—

10 these are the things God has revealed to us by his Spirit.

The Spirit searches all things, even the deep things of God. 11 For who knows a person’s thoughts except their own spirit within them? In the same way no one knows the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God. 12 What we have received is not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, so that we may understand what God has freely given us. 13 This is what we speak, not in words taught us by human wisdom but in words taught by the Spirit, explaining spiritual realities with Spirit-taught words.b]">[b] 14 The person without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God but considers them foolishness, and cannot understand them because they are discerned only through the Spirit. 15 The person with the Spirit makes judgments about all things, but such a person is not subject to merely human judgments, 16 for,

“Who has known the mind of the Lord
    so as to instruct him?”c]">[c]

But we have the mind of Christ.

AED and HeavenlyHosts like this.
  8. padraig

padraig New Member

I suppose in a real way it is God revealing the madness of the world, in departing from Him, to itself.

He is showing us how crazy we have become.

AED, Jo M, Sunnyveil and 2 others like this.
  9. garabandal

garabandal Powers

The world is so crazy most cannot even see the madness.

A collective madness.

10. padraig

padraig New Member

How many will wake up in hell to find themselves surprised to find themselves there.

Hell being the ultimate Lunatic Asylum.

Lucifer being the craziest.

Rebellion against the most High God is the Ultimate madness. For how can it succeed?

AED likes this.
  11. Katfalls

Katfalls Archangels

You and me both! I have been getting 'mask shamed' on FB for saying I won't wear one unless it is mandatory. ugh.

AED, Jo M, Sunnyveil and 1 other person like this.
  12. Shae

Shae Archangels

This was wonderful for me to read just now.

AED and padraig like this.
  13. padraig

padraig New Member

:)

14. AED

AED Powers

Me too.

padraig likes this.
  15. padraig

padraig New Member

It's really strangely lovely doing all these Holy Hours as a result of no Mass being allowed. I haven't done so many in years and years. It gives so much time for concentrated meditation and prayer. So restful, a source of huge peace and calm in life. Oceans of Grace.

My trusty old copy of the, 'Imitation of Christ' taught me yesterday the need to make Christ my all-in-all. Insofar as I base everything on Christ everything becomes real and fruitful and real. Insofar as no Christ , everything fails.

It was a Huge Old Presbyterian Church up until a few months ago and so is not typically Catholic yet. They liked few Papist adornments.:) But there is a stained glass picture of an angel I like to look up at and I love to imagine him looking down at me.:)

My very own Presbyterian angel.:);)

They've placed the most beautiful Statue of Our Lady of Fatima over the Tabernacle, which is wonderful and the Parish Priest who happens to be Canadian has built a Shrine to St Joseph; also wonderful.

I love reading and rereading a series of books by an Italian author on a priest called, 'Don Camillo.'

The Father used to like to go into his Church and have conversations with Jesus who Hung on a Cross above the altar. Jesus used to give advise, correct and instruct the poor country priest who knelt at his feet. These times when the mass is barred to us remind me so much of Don Camillo and those lovely conversations.:)
    Don Camillo used to fight the bit our with the local Communist Mayor, Peppone. he was a busy country Parish Priest.

But it all ended so well because he found the time to pray at the Feet of Jesus on the Cross in his little village Church.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 25, 2020 at 11:28 AM
    Sam and AED like this.