Hitting a dry patch here...

Discussion in 'Prayer requests' started by RosaryWielder, Dec 23, 2020.

1. RosaryWielder

RosaryWielder Powers

Hello,

I think I'm hitting a dry patch in my prayer life right now, I'm hoping it's a sign that I'm advancing, but there are still things I struggle with, primarily with anger and irritation; there things happening here, at my parents' house that get on my nerves sometimes. I also sometimes worry that I don't do enough, that I fail to find opportunities to speak, and don't listen to and open myself up the Holy Spirit enough.

Please pray that I can bear my cross, and keep going forward and trust in God.

Indy, DesertStar7, Sanctus and 2 others like this.
  2. Don_D

Don_D ¡Viva Cristo Rey!

Don't let up. Easy to say I know and I have times when I can barely manage a prayer at all and all they seem to be are empty words. I try to say them anyway.

3. "Quis ut Deus"

"Quis ut Deus" Powers Staff Member

Life is a prayer.. Words are just repeatative.. ;)(y)

AED, RosaryWielder and Don_D like this.
  4. padraig

padraig New Member

I was praying a set prayer the other day. It comes from Luisa on Divine Will and is a pray to Our Lady. It consists of several parts.

Firstly telling Our Lady we love her.

Secondly asking Our Lady to tell us she loves us.

Placing all loving Acts to Divine Will in her lap.

Asking for her blessing and Maternal Gaze on our efforts during the day.:)

This is all new to me so do it in bullet point fashion , ticking boxes to get it right. A little like driving a new car.:)

Anyway I was struggling along doing this when suddenly our of the blue Our Lady said,

'Why are you talking to me like a robot? You can do better than this, you well know how to do better than this!'

This caused me to laugh. So dry and funny. But she was right of course. I was so concentrating on the mechanics of the prayers I had let the heart part fall out.

...and prayer if all about heart.

It reminds me of the words of St Paul, about us all falling well short of the Glory of God.

Romans 3:23

…22And this righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no distinction, 23for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, 24and are justified freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus.…

You know its not the falling down that's important, its the getting back up again.

I love Our Lady's dry sense of humour. :)

'Why are you talking to me like a robot!':D:D Love it

[​IMG]

AED and RosaryWielder like this.
  5. RosaryWielder

RosaryWielder Powers

That's true, I have made advancements in mental prayer these past several months, I guess Jesus and Mary are calling me to keep going and go deeper. Although, a few days before started hitting this dry patch, I was thinking about the future, and the potential for things to get worse; and I was hoping I could go through the illuminative stage before things got really rough in my life, for obvious reasons. :LOL::eek:

Either way, I'll try to go deeper.

padraig and DesertStar7 like this.
  6. AED

AED Powers

I will pray for you RW but remember God knows your heart. You are His child. He won't let go of your hand. My advice? Keep it simple. Loving and being loved.

7. padraig

padraig New Member

I think the present Chastisement will lead to many Great Saints being Gifted to us. As Scripture says we are , '..being tried in furnace of Afflictions'.

Isaiah 48:10

Israel's Stubbornness
    …9For the sake of My name I will delay My wrath; for the sake of My praise I will restrain it, so that you will not be cut off. 10See, I have refined you, but not as silver; I have tested you in the furnace of affliction.11For My own sake, My very own sake, I will act; for how can I let Myself be defamed? I will not yield My glory to another.…

I was thinking recently of making a General Confession soon, to get ready for death if it comes. Who knows? We know not the day or the hour...

RosaryWielder likes this.
  8. RosaryWielder

RosaryWielder Powers

Yes, perhaps I can see if I can make one, although getting an ordinary confession is really hard here; I'll try and get one in January.

In the meantime I've got to keep going deeper and keep gathering more oil.

Merry Christmas everyone!

AED likes this.