Hidden Truths of Greatness

Discussion in 'The Spirit of the USA' started by Mario, Nov 17, 2020.

1. Mario

Mario Powers

Glenn Beck is a great collector; he has the money to be so. I love this clip. Do listen to the whole thing when given a chance, but if you're short on time, start at the 7:00 minute mark. Beck owns the draft of the Declaration of Independence marked up with recommendations by various "greats" which were then voted on by the representatives of each of the 13 colonies. Only those approved unanimously were included.

One of those recommendations was to outlaw slavery in the colonies. Unfortunately, it failed to be included; close but not quite- the vote was 11-2! Glenn's point was that revisionists who seek to paint the Framers as a bunch of slavery-loving-white-supremacists, have distorted the picture!

Anyway, the whole clip is fascinating. At a bare minimum, I request you also listen from 34:00- 39:45, for it speaks about courage in the present moment.

O Mary conceived without sin, pray for us who have recourse to thee!

Jo M and DesertStar7 like this.
  2. Jo M

Jo M Powers

Excellent Mario, thank you for sharing this.
    It is indeed all about courage at this point, and he is right, courage is contagious. I have always detested the phrase ‘new normal’, as though we are expected to accept it.

Clare A likes this.