Hi again!

Discussion in 'Coffee House' started by Gary david, Jun 9, 2019.

1. Gary david

Gary david Archangels

http://www.shalomplace.com/seed/

[​IMG]

The 98 year old Mother Superior from Ireland was dying. The nuns gathered around her bed trying to make her last journey comfortable. They gave her some warm milk to drink but she refused. Then one of the nuns took the glass back to the kitchen. Remembering a bottle of Irish whiskey received as a gift the previous Christmas, she opened and poured a generous amount into the warm milk. Back at Mother Superior's bed, she held the glass to her lips. Mother drank a little, then a little more and before they knew it, she had drunk the whole glass down to the last drop."Mother," the nuns asked with earnest, "please give us somewisdom before you die."

She raised herself up in bed and with a pious look on her face said, "Don't sell that cow.

maryrose, padraig, Seagrace and 7 others like this.
  2. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

Lol...I love that!!

HeavenlyHosts likes this.
  3. heyshepard

heyshepard Archangels

Thank you!

HeavenlyHosts likes this.
  4. Jo M

Jo M Powers

:LOL:

5. Joan J

Joan J HolySpiritCome!

My Mom had a stroke late yesterday afternoon. I needed this!

She's hanging in there though can't move the left side. Time will tell if she can hold anything down. She wasn't last night. She's scared and extremely aware she can't move that side and doesn't understand why. It's all in her eyes.

I said 2 Rosarys with her last night. She calmed down with the first Our Father.
    I have a heavy heart but at peace. I'm waiting to hear back from Hospice before I call for Last Rites.

padraig and Jo M like this.
  6. Jo M

Jo M Powers

Sorry to hear this. Your mom will be in my prayers. God bless you both.

7. Carol55

Carol55 Ave Maria

Joan, I'm so sorry to hear this also and your mom & your family will be in my prayers too.

8. Joan J

Joan J HolySpiritCome!

I spoke with the Hospice Nurse just now. Mom is taking thick liquid by spoon and holding it down this morning (wasn't last night). She is more calm this morning.

When the social worker came by for a visit this morning, she kicked him out:ROFLMAO:! SHE'S STILL THERE!! :)I laughed at that. I'm sure my sister did as well.

Sam likes this.
  9. Sam

Sam Powers

Glad she's hanging in there and is feisty too! She's in my prayers{you and your family too!}:love:

10. padraig

padraig New Member

Prayers
    this evening and offering up mass tomorrow.

A big hug from Ireland

11. Joan J

Joan J HolySpiritCome!

:)

12. maryrose

maryrose Powers

Prayers at the Sacred Heart Novena

13. Prayers to Our Lady of Perpetual Help for your Mom.