health update prayer thank you

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Katfalls, Dec 21, 2019.

1. Katfalls

Katfalls Powers

Thank you to everyone who has been praying for me. It has been quite the three months. Since the headaches started the middle of Sept. and discovering I have a non cancer brain tumor . . .After seeing all the big Docs, MRI's, MRA, then having my back go out. I was in horrific pain, more pain in my back than my head! And this went on for weeks. The headache pain has subsided, now it is just very painful if I cough. Like ice picks in my head, then pain all over for about a half hour. So I try not to cough! They are going to monitor the tumor for one year, then another MRI next year to see if there is growth. If I do not lose my vision, my hearing, or start falling I will just take meds. for headaches. That is the least invasive option. The location is in the deep brain, so surgery is very risky. Saw a neurosurgeon about the tumor, and about my really bad back pain. He gave me some exercises and said if the back did not improve, to see him in a month for an MRI on it. Well three days after starting the exercises the pain was just about gone! It was miraculous. I attribute this to all the prayers and Masses being said for me. I actually was able to attend our Secular Carmelite meeting last Saturday. I have offered up all the pain as redemptive suffering, hopefully it will do some good somewhere. At times when the level was a 9 or 10, I asked God to just take my life and get it over with. But here I am today, feeling almost normal again. I know there is a reason for everything, God must not be done with me yet. So, my update. My gratitude to everyone, Merry Christmas, I love all of you.

josephite, Beth B, gracia and 16 others like this.
  2. Shae

Shae Powers

Merry Christmas to you too Katfalls! Offering prayers for you

3. Jo M

Jo M Powers

Merry Christmas! How wonderful that your back pain is better. Praying for your health in the new year.

4. AED

AED Powers

Merry Christmas to you Katfalls. This is wonderful news. Wonderful!!!

5. Dolours

Dolours Guest

Looking good for a painfree Christmas. Thanks be to God. Will keep you in my prayers.

6. maryrose

maryrose Powers

Katfalls you are in my prayers.
    I was feeling very ill last Christmas from Chemo but thank God now I'm much better and I also attribute my recovery to all the prayers offered up for me. Every day is a precious gift.

Beth B, Dolours, Byron and 4 others like this.
  7. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

8. I'm glad you are feeling better, Katfalls. You are an example of great courage and also for redemptive suffering.

AED likes this.
  9. Byron

Byron Powers

Merry Christmas Katfalls. Stay strong. Will keep you in my prayers.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2019
    AED likes this.
  10. padraig

padraig Powers

What huge courage, great Faith ..more prayers!!

maryrose and AED like this.
  11. padraig

padraig Powers

What an example!! More Prayers. You both teach me not to worryabout little things. To Thank Godfor my health.

AED likes this.
  12. bflocatholic

bflocatholic Powers

Merry Christmas, Katfalls! Continued prayers going up!

13. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

Dear KF....I’m so happy you are on the mend! You’ve been through quite a lot. I’m betting your suffering is being used for a very needy soul. If Our Lord allowed you to survive all this, He certainly knew that you would offer all of this up. I’m sure you’ll see that soul in heaven one day. What a beautiful gift you gave Katfalls!

God bless you and your family this Christmas! Enjoy it all!

gracia and HeavenlyHosts like this.
  14. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

Maryrose, I hope you’ve fully recovered! Prayers work!

gracia, Byron and HeavenlyHosts like this.
  15. maryrose

maryrose Powers

Yes prayer works and I am eternally grateful to all who prayed for me.

Beth B likes this.
  16. kristian

kristian New Member

My prayers are with you.