Health Advice

Discussion in 'Coffee House' started by Muzhik, Dec 12, 2020.

1. Muzhik

Muzhik Powers

Wanted to pass on something from a few weeks ago. I had Covid back at the beginning of March. I only truly kicked it after (reading some preliminary reports on nutrition in people my age) I started adding vitamin D to my daily pill regimen. I started out at 2,000 units (2 pills), then after I got better I cut that back to 1 pill a day.

Just for giggles, and because I know that vitamin D deficiency is one of those hidden health problems in America, I asked my doctor to do a vitamin D serum. Mind you, I am getting about 400 units per day in my multivitamin plus the 1,000 units in the pill. I got a call from the doctor's office today. Apparently my vitamin D levels were "just a little low"! So I'm back to taking 2,000 units per day.

So if you're taking extra zinc and vitamin C to keep the flu at bay, look into increasing your vitamin D intake. Better yet, have your doctor check your vitamin D serum and see just how much extra you should be taking.

2. Katfalls

Katfalls Powers

Depends on where you live, too. In the sunny south we get lots of natural vit d sunshine, but still supplement it. Up north we were severely lacking in sunshine and I can tell a big difference.

3. Don_D

Don_D ¡Viva Cristo Rey!

Its really a good idea to take it in places further north and according to my doctor you can not take too much of it. Of course, it is always best to check with them to be sure of no adverse affects if you are taking medications.
    I take 6k IU a day as prescribed by my doctor. I have rheumatism and it is severe plus my D levels have always tested low for some reason. I have also read several doctors who suggest it for combating covid and other illnesses.

4. AED

AED Powers

Good advice. Also as a covid preventative Dr Zelenko's protocol advises 5000 units of D3 and 1000 units of C and 25 units if zinc and 500 units of quercetin. Apparently quercetin functions much like HCQ. If you can't get HCQ quercetin is an excellent substitute. His findings were recently peer reviewed and found good and to be recommended.

5. Muzhik

Muzhik Powers

I wanted to share something with you all: I'VE BEEN FACT-CHECKED BY FACEBOOK! I feel so honored to be in such a lowlife crowd!

On my FB page, I posted a link to an article from the Atlanta Journal Constitution that quoted some research in a peer-reviewed medical journal, where a Spanish hospital found that 80% of the COVID-19 patients admitted to the hospital were vitamin D deficient. In another study, 50 COVID patients were given large amounts of vitamin D, and of those only 1 had to go into intensive care. In the meantime, of 26 patients who did not get the vitamin D, 13 went into intensive care. This was all about taking vitamin D to treat COVID, and had a section that said there was no evidence vitamin D would prevent COViD. Yet, I got fact-checked about vitamin D not preventing COVID.

What's more, at last count, I had 59 shares! I've never had more than 2 or 3 shares of my FB content before.

To quote Sally Fields, "You like me! You really like me!"

Te Deum, AED, Christy1983 and 2 others like this.
  6. Booklady

Booklady Powers

:D

Muzhik, early on in the Covid madness Dr. Campbell the English doctor that has been covering the Covid crisis and what folks can do to boost their immunity, has said that they have found that Vitamin D is very important in boosting immunity levels. My husband and I checked our levels and they were low, so now we take Vitamin D daily and check our levels every 6 months. Who knew!

Te Deum, Muzhik, AED and 1 other person like this.
  7. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

This is so important!

AED likes this.
  8. AED

AED Powers

:D you've arrived!