Have You Felt It Hard To Pray Lately?

Discussion in 'Questions and Answers' started by Praetorian, Sep 23, 2015.

1. Praetorian

Praetorian Powers

I was just wondering if anyone else has had a hard time praying this September? I had all of these grand plans to do a lot of prayer and novenas for the Synod and now I am finding it hard to even say my daily rosary. I know everyone's prayer life is individual so it may just be something with me, but I was curious if anyone else is having trouble, maybe it is a diabolical attack to keep us from helping our leaders out.

Julia, "Quis ut Deus" and Jeanne like this.
  2. miker

miker Powers

P- I'm having a similar experience as you. I will say (maybe bad excuse) but September is always a tougher month for me- there is a lot of business fir me. It's back to school time so getting kids ready and back into a routine is always a challenge. My companies fiscal year ends in September so it's stressful closing out one year and planning for the next. Just seems like there is a worldly pull. Like I said no good excuses but reality. I don't let it discourage me too much though. I start my day with a simple prayer which basically offers all I do that day to God. So if it's getting my kids up at 6am or finishing a menial work task or washing the dishes after dinner I offer it to God and promise to try better the next day. Peace.

3. Torrentum

Torrentum Guest

I find confession helps.
    Even if you've nothing major to confess, the act of confession and the grace given, works wonders for me.

Julia, Beth B, "Quis ut Deus" and 3 others like this.
  4. Bonaventure

Bonaventure Guest

YES!!! and I go to weekly confession but still struggle....I say the rosary daily....got to get back to 3pm Chaplet but that is when my work day ends and I am so distracted getting home....Must PRIORITIZE

"Quis ut Deus", Praetorian and miker like this.
  5. Andy3

Andy3 Powers

Yes it has been but it has been an up and down month so far. Started on fire for the Lord and prayer then a week of not much now back to being on fire! Stick to it.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2015
    Julia, Beth B, "Quis ut Deus" and 2 others like this.
  6. cornhusker

cornhusker Angels

I have felt for the past few years that I am being called to a simpler existence. We are too busy ....too distracted....too focused on the world and all that it contains. I suspect the devil wants us busy and focused on his kingdom rather than the one we were made for. As much as I see this as a priority for me, I still struggle. I wish the mass, rosary and divine mercy formed the center of my day but too often it feels as if I am just finding time for them. Sigh...

Julia, miker, "Quis ut Deus" and 5 others like this.
  7. hope

hope Guest

In a word YES! Struggling terribly with the rosary, sigh. My one saving thing has been to go to an online live Eucharistic Adoration site and I honor the wounds of our Lord Jesus and do a chaplet of Mercy every day. Struggle there too. I asked the Lord if he's making me such a poor pray-er, so I end up staying an hour there. The other day I looked at the Eucharist and was apologizing for my poor way of praying and bam it hat me, he's working on me any way, even through my struggle. Must start prioritizing. Less time on this site?/!! :eek: And it probably is ol hairy legs too.

Jeanne, Julia, Andy3 and 3 others like this.
  8. "Quis ut Deus"

"Quis ut Deus" ADMIN Staff Member

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Oh how little Therese works I cant wait to post the theme for tomorrow's novena,lol she is always one step ahead of me..Just awesome..make sure you check out tomorrows post.:love::love::love:

9. I find focusing harder than usual this last while especially in the rosary. For anyone who is able though, it is hard for stan to hold the upper hand for long in the prayer of the body ie fasting.

Jeanne, Julia and Pray4peace like this.
  10. Fatima

Fatima Powers

The world can suck the peace out of you if you let it. The best way I find to not let this happen is spending some quality time reading the messages of the Divine Will through Luisa P. or Francine B. where you hear our Lord speaking to us in how to live in His peace and joy now and through out the tribulation. It takes your mind and heart off the evil of this world into the kingdom of God where these fruits of the Holy Spirit resides. But it is to us which path we take.

11. Praetorian

Praetorian Powers

Thank you everyone for your replies. It is interesting to see I am not the only one. If there was anytime in the last few years I would have expected a lot of hard core praying it would be now, with Pope Francis visiting, the Synod, etc. Yet this is the most dry time of my short prayer life.

Julia and cornhusker like this.
  12. Fatima

Fatima Powers

I want to give an example of what I posted earlier. Today during my noon hour in prayer I read the following message from our Lord to Francine B., in her 4th volume #262. How could one not feel the depths of our Lord's love after reading this? This type of prayer for me is uplifting and it is the very future of what we must become. Here is the joy of prayer.

262 – Be a Shining Light During These Times of Darkness Jesus

My children, how great and deep is the love of your Jesus of Love for each one among you! I love you so much that I gave you my Life. The Love came to earth because all that which should have been love was not so; as men had become evil, God could not reign in their hearts. My children, look at what you have become because you have refused to let The Love manage your lives; you have wanted to control everything on your own. Yes, by not wanting to ask me for anything or to give me anything, you have remained far from me, and today, you find yourselves in that place where everything is nothing but stench and falsehoods.

Men have destroyed what was necessary to them to remain love, and hatred has replaced love. Yes, my children, I am speaking to you about your world which has changed into a world of hatred. This world, which should have lived in happiness, has become, due to human will, a world where love no longer has its place, for hatred dominates hearts. I, The Love, I can no longer remain in hearts where there is but hatred; soon, I will withdraw from those vile beings who no longer want to know that I exist and who refuse to acknowledge themselves as beings of love. I have given everything and I have offered everything, so that these beings of rejection may become aware that love is the only path to follow to obtain life everlasting.

Yes, I am The Love; yes, I have maintained my Presence within those children for a very long time; yes, I have done everything so that they say yes to The Love; yes, I have begged, I have repeated, I have given them warnings; they, what have they done? They have blocked their ears, shut their eyes, stopped their gestures of love, stopped hoping in their future. Those children voluntarily refuse love from their neighbor, because for them money has become their main concern and their extreme need. Everything is centered on their external need, for their internal need is of no importance; all that counts for them is to obtain money to offer themselves material goods.

You who reject The Love within you, you who have chosen to adapt yourselves to this improper world, you who do not want to be love, your world will soon become love, but how to reconcile what you are with what is coming? Because of your own refusal to become love, living in this new world, where everything will be but love, will not suit you, for your no to The Love will turn you into unintelligible9 beings in the face of love.

You cannot imagine the pain you will feel; yes, all of you, who will refuse your-selves to me, will come to know the coldness of your own choice. What are you going to do when your bodies suffer due to this coldness? Nothing within you will warm you, for you will have said no to the Light and the Light will no longer give you his graces of light. Within you, your darkness will be complete. When it is dark around you, it is as if you were in a black hole where there is nothing on which to fix.

Because my children will no longer carry their yes within them, their intelligence will be unable to make them understand that love is the only way to be happy. Their intelligence will be reduced to nothing in the face of God’s love and that of his neighbor.

your eyes; this is what will happen to you, for you will no longer see what so attracts you right now; only I will be with you: you and me, alone; as you are going to refuse your life to me, you will find nothing familiar to you, as everything you are will be refused by me, for you will become nothing to me: my Life will reject your life, as you will have refused to give it to me so that it may resemble me.

Little beings, you who are still within me, do not refuse yourselves life, be reasonable and give yourselves the chance to live eternally with God. I am the Almighty, I am in each one of you; I have this written down for you, to make you understand my loving plans. You were created to be with God, for you come from God; you are not on earth due to a quirk of fate, no, you are not a living atom which has evolved over time. Time is in me, I am the Present. The time God gives you to live on earth permits you to follow a path, and while you follow that path, each day, you must carry out works of love. You are children of God, not of fate; you are alive through God, you are not alive because they have succeeded in creating humans from experiments in a laboratory: you have spiritual life within you. Do not fall into Satan’s trap, he troubles spirits with his schemes; he is evil, everything within him is darkness.

I, the Son of God, I am Goodness, everything within me is light; you are of me, you must shine through your interior. When Adam was created, he shone with beauty, he was illuminated with happiness, and all that emerged from him was love; his intelligence was nearly perfect, I say ‘nearly’ because it was not completely perfect; beforehand, he had to prove his loyal love to his Creator. You know of his disobedience, for it has made of you impure children. Your light is within you, but your sins prevent this light from shining in all its brilliance. For it to shine, I poured my Blood over you to purify your sins. My children, you are living a time of purification; by accepting your purification, you allow your light to gain strength so that it may be brighter. I am within you, I am asking you to shine because, the day when you see me within you, you will be used to the light and, when you will be in the light, you will not be blinded by its brilliance.

Your purification must take place as of now, each day will be a day of purification. You must not forget that your human will is weak before evil and this evil is still within you. If you fall into sin because of sin, do not forget that I am Mercy, have faith in me; you will see that despite your suffering you will have the strength to say to yourselves: “I, I want to be perfect in order to be pure when The Love reveals himself to me.” During these moments, you will feel joy within you. My children, take the trouble to go to Confession, you will be purified by my sanctifying graces and your body will receive the strength to continue allowing itself to be trans-formed, for everything must be pure: your entire being.

Soon, you will all be before me, and, you who will not have taken advantage of this time to purify yourselves, I will show you all your sins; if, at that moment you repent, your sins will be forgiven and all that which is not love within you will be consumed by a fire of purification. My children, because of your stubbornness, your purification will be according to the measure of your sins; I, I will sustain you through my graces of love. When someone goes to Confession, he benefits from my sanctifying graces which purify him and he emerges stronger, more luminous. The one who does not go to Confession accumulates sins within him, and when the Great Purification will take place, it will be all his sins, which he did not accept to confess, that will be before him.

Do you see what I am trying to tell you? Your purification will be painful, for you will have to be pure of heart, of soul and of spirit to live in my world of love, where evil will never again exist. When your soul is pure, you sparkle; when your heart is pure, it inundates with love; when your spirit is pure, everything about you becomes in God’s image; and so, my children, shine in this world of darkness where evil rules; all is ready for you to become children of the Divine Will. Only pure children will resemble me; they will love their God with all their heart, with all their soul, with all their spirit. Your strength will lie in my Divine Will, it is I who will do everything for you.

Only the Son of God can say these words to you, read carefully: “My Heart has opened so that my Precious Blood could purify each of you. Behold, a time of justice is coming when all will have to be at the service of The Love. I will stop pouring the Blood of the purification over each of you, for this time which is coming will be but love and your entire being will be but light. It is the time to acknowledge yourselves as my Father’s chosen, who must fill the skies with luminous stars, as it was told to Abraham. You are the chosen of God; in his Being, be light, for he is the Light. I, Jesus of Love, I am calling you all towards the love; only love will remain. This world of love will accept only beings made of love, for I will contain all the children of this world. I am the Author of this world of love. Behold, the God of Love is coming soon within each of you.” I love you, I The Love, I Jesus, I the All of God within God. Amen.

Julia, Florida Panther and cornhusker like this.
  13. "Quis ut Deus"

"Quis ut Deus" ADMIN Staff Member

hope likes this.
  14. CrewDog

CrewDog Guest

Another appropriate one for today:

Heartlight Daily Verse - 24 September
    Hebrews 10:35-36
    Do not throw away your confidence; it will be richly rewarded. You need to persevere so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive what he has promised.
    Thoughts on today's verse:
    Boy there are some tough times in life! They're inescapable. That's when our confidence in the Lord's salvation and our relationship with him get tested! It is one thing to sing "it is well with my soul" at the end of a peel-the-paint worship service, but it is quite another to be able to sing it when they auction your house off at the courthouse steps or you've lost a child to death. That's when the commitment to be who we want to be overrides the weakness of what we feel. Faith can't take a holiday when we travel through the suburbs of hell or we'll never find our way out. So don't throw it away. Be like Job or Jeremiah who both argued and complained to God. Just don't quit.
    Prayer:
    Holy and Almighty God, today is a good day. But I am profoundly aware that some of those I love are wrestling with throwing away their confidence in your love, mercy, grace, peace, and deliverance. Please use me, but even more I pray that you use your Holy Spirit to renew their hearts. I pray that you intervene directly to change the course of events and give them relief. In Jesus name I pray. Amen.
    Visit heartlight.org for more
    GOD SAVE ALL HERE!!

Julia and hope like this.
  15. Theophobos

Theophobos New Member

Actually, I've hardly prayed this month either. I've let myself become distracted, and haven't said the rosary in a while myself. I've been rather disappointed in myself as well.