Has anyone else gotten the vaccine?

Discussion in 'The Signs of the Times' started by Shae, Apr 27, 2021.

1. Shae

Shae Archangels

After much consideration and prayer, I made my decision to get the vaccine and last week I got the Pfizer shot. I have only been seeing posts from MoG members who have decided not to get it and I respect their decision and have appreciated reading all their posts. I am wondering if there are any other forum members, like me, who decided to get the vaccine. I must admit, I was very reluctant to post this, but surely I can't be the only one on the forum who made the choice to get it. Or am I? Anyone else?

2. PurpleFlower

PurpleFlower Powers

You are very brave to post this. :p Haha! I have not, but my father -in-law with stage 4 cancer just got his 2nd dose of the Moderna shot last Sunday. I've been checking in on him frequently, I've been so worried about it, but so far he's ok.

Booklady, Denmomof3, Jo M and 6 others like this.
  3. Byron

Byron Powers

Shae so many in my family and friends have gotten vaccinated. My father, my husband, a sister, aunts, uncles, nieces and cousins. As well as, the majority of my friends. I’m still holding out. May God protect us all.

Booklady, Denmomof3, Jo M and 5 others like this.
  4. Shae

Shae Archangels

Haha, thanks PF, I was a tad nervous to post.:p

Denmomof3, Jo M, Mary's child and 5 others like this.
  5. Shae

Shae Archangels

Bless you Byron.

non sum dignus, Byron, Beth B and 2 others like this.
  6. maryrose

maryrose Powers

My extended family have had the jab and also friends who are prayerful. My husband and I have decided not to have it.
    I pass no comment on anyone else's decision. Its up to each person to make their decision but we should register our displeasure at vaccine's utilising fetal cells derived from abortion and request that an ethical alternative be made available.
    I hope you are well and that all goes well for you in the future.

sunburst, Indy, Shae and 4 others like this.
  7. MMM

MMM Archangels

I see it as a personal decision. My mother, mother-in-law, twin sister and boss all had it recently and I didn't try to stop them. For some it will be beneficial. If you are healthy with strong immunity I don't think it's needed at all.

My 49 year old boss has the AZ one. Was sick for 3 days, severe headache, throat issues, high fever, chill and sweats. Day 5 still has a little headache and sore arm.

Shae likes this.
  8. Dolours

Dolours Guest

Other than children, I may well be the only member of my extended family not to have been vaccinated by the end of the year. So far, some have had one shot each of Astrazeneca or Moderna or Pfizer and a couple have had two shots of Pfizer. Only two have had adverse side effects, one from the first shot of the Pfizer vaccine and the other from the first Astrazeneca jab. The one who was ill from the first Pfizer jab has since had the second shot with no ill effects.

If these vaccines have all the dreadful long lasting negative effects predicted, I will need a crash course in caring for vaccine victims. Thank God for digital thermometers because I wouldn't have a clue how to use the old fashioned ones. They tell me that I'll be sorry when I get covid. And I tell them that I could be the only one standing to hear the fat lady sing.

Good luck, Shae. Everyone has their own reasons for taking or avoiding the vaccine and their reasons are their own business to share or not as they think fit.

9. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

My situation as well! God protect us all. Love one another....

Sunnyveil, HeavenlyHosts and Shae like this.
  10. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

God keep you safe and healthy! No judgment from me! A quandary for sooooo many!

Allan Jose, Sunnyveil, Jo M and 2 others like this.
  11. Muzhik

Muzhik Powers

Since I had COVID a year ago and have the antibodies to prove it, I'm not getting vaccinated. I can't see how any man-made concoction can prove any more effective than what the human body can do naturally.

Sunnyveil, sunburst, Adoremus and 5 others like this.
  12. Shae

Shae Archangels

Thank you Maryrose. I am well, aside from a sore arm for a few days, I haven't had any adverse after-effects.

maryrose, AED, Sam and 1 other person like this.
  13. Shae

Shae Archangels

Thanks Beth! I appreciate your kind words:)

AED, non sum dignus and Beth B like this.
  14. non sum dignus

non sum dignus Archangels

After much prayer, consulting my spiritual director, knowing two people who have died from the virus, and considering the health concerns of my wife, I was vaccinated. No side effects...Phizer.

I had been sure I would not get it, because of the uncertainty of long term effects. But considering my wife's significant health concerns, I prayed and I am willing to take any side effects if it possibly prevents her from contracting the virus.

You are not alone in deciding to take the vaccine. I don't judge anyone for getting it or not getting it. It is up to each of us to pray before deciding.

I have made my voice heard asking for a more ethical alternative. I chose the Phizer over J and J because the association to aborted cell lines was more remote.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2021
    Donna259, Heidi, Denmomof3 and 5 others like this.
  15. Byron

Byron Powers

Non sum dignas - you did what you felt was best for you and your family. God knows your heart. Go on with your life with peace of mind. May God protect us all.

Donna259, Denmomof3, Jo M and 4 others like this.
  16. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

I agree...I don’t believe that anyone here is judging anyone for their decision. I think post about this are intended to inform and instruct. This is such a convoluted and evolving issue. We are just sharing information that we believe can help one another make the decision to vaccinate or not .....and we are not all going to agree about these post or decisions. OnlyGod can judge any of us for anything . God bless everyone!

Donna259, Denmomof3, Jo M and 4 others like this.
  17. Arantxa

Arantxa Angels

After much praying and because of my age and medical issues, my family implored me to have it. I got the Moderna, both doses about 3 months ago in a hospital. The only side effect after the second dose was a discomfort in my arm and felt a little tired for a couple of hours. Even now I wonder whether I made the right choice, but it's done. I pray every day for Our Lady to end this madness and to show us the way.

Donna259, Denmomof3, Jo M and 5 others like this.
  18. Shae

Shae Archangels

I am truly touched by the kindness and thoughtful responses to this thread.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2021
    Donna259, Denmomof3, Rose and 4 others like this.
  19. Denmomof3

Denmomof3 Principalities

I ended up getting the Pfizer after much prayerful consideration, medical issues, elderly parents and talking to my priest. It was a really tough decision to make. I have a cousin who passed away from COVID and another cousin who is suffering from its after effects. Several other relatives and close friends also ended up with the virus and had a bit of a rough time with it.
    Almost everyone in my family has also gotten vaccinated except for my son. I totally respect his choice because it is a very personal decision. After the second vaccination, I ended up with a sore arm, a bad headache for a couple of days, fatigue and some nausea. I too wonder whether I made the right choice but it is too late now.
    I was a tad nervous to admit it Shae but I want you to know that you are not alone here.

Donna259, sunburst, Heidi and 6 others like this.
  20. Shae

Shae Archangels

Thanks for the company, Denmomof3:)