Happy Mother’s Day!

Discussion in 'The Spirit of the USA' started by BrianK, May 12, 2024.

1. BrianK

BrianK Powers Staff Member

To all our MOG mothers, and all our mothers in the Church Militant, Church Suffering and Church Triumphant,

IMG_0402.png

2. BrianK

BrianK Powers Staff Member

I must really love my 88yo mom.

Tonight we’re at Genesis Church in York county Pennsylvania to see The Gaither Vocal Band for her Mother’s Day present.
    IMG_0400.jpeg
    They are “an American southern gospel vocal group, named after its founder and leader Bill Gaither... Although the group started out recording contemporary Christian music in the 1980s, it became known for southern gospel after the popularity of the Gaither Homecoming videos.”
    IMG_0401.jpeg
    (I think I’m getting a toothache….)

Sam, Jo M, AED and 1 other person like this.
  3. AED

AED Powers

:eek::ROFLMAO::D:p
    It ain't Gregorian!:whistle:

HeavenlyHosts and Sam like this.
  4. miker

miker Powers

Happy Mothers Day to all the moms, grand moms, and women who are spiritual moms. God bless you all.

HeavenlyHosts, Sam, AED and 3 others like this.
  5. AED

AED Powers

Thanks miker!

HeavenlyHosts and Sam like this.
  6. Happy Mother's day. Just a quick note to say that I have had a prayer intention for my daughter who is estranged from the family and the Faith, to return to the sacraments. Every day for the last six months I had asked a different intercessor to pray for that intention. Yesterday, being Mother's day, I asked the Virgin Mary to pray in intercession for this intention. Our daughter made a surprise visit (first time in more than six months) and I was able to carefully articulate the importance of sacramental confession (she often quotes the Bible, but glosses over the commands that Jesus gave to us). I just wanted to witness that the Virgin Mary is the best intercessor, she is the Queen of Angels and Saints.

7. Sam

Sam Powers

8. Sam

Sam Powers

9. AED

AED Powers

Sam, Jo M and HeavenlyHosts like this.
  10. Mario

Mario Powers

My mother, Christine, passed almost 50 years ago. Prior to her retirement from the Red Cross in 1952 when she became pregnant with my brother, Tim, she was a social worker who had mastered what today are called empathetic listening skills. When I was in grade school and even high school, I would come home in the middle of the afternoon, she would be on the phone listening to usually a woman on the other end. Her most frequent responses would be, ""Hmmm..." and "Uh, uh". Just letting the person on the other end know that she had my Mom's complete and full attention worked wonders.

I was her son, yet she was mother to all.:love:

Sam, AED and Jo M like this.