Hallow

Discussion in 'On prayer itself' started by Inis Eoghain, Mar 3, 2021.

1. Inis Eoghain

Inis Eoghain Angels

Hello, everyone
    I have recently been introduced to an app called 'Hallow'.
    In case you think it sounds too 'techy', since it involves downloading an app, you can just ask a teenager to do it for you. That's what I did :) I am definitely not the techy type, but I find this very easy to navigate.

It has all the traditional prayers that we know, plus a lot more, like Bible Readings, meditations, music, examination of conscience and so on.
    They have an offer on right now where you can get it free for one month, but it doesn't cost a great deal of money: about £4 per month.

Here is a link:
    https://hallow.com/home

and here is some of the blurb about the app:

The Hallow app is an attempt to share these prayer techniques – the same ones that changed my life – with as many people as we can. We believe that prayer and meditation has the power to change the world. We believe that if we let Him, God will hallow – meaning “make holy” – our lives.

It is currently the number one Catholic app.

I realise that we can find all these prayers, meditations, litanies and music on the internet just by searching for them. However, for me, it is lovely to have everything in one place. One thing I especially like is being able to listen to a night time meditation or go through an examination of conscience when I go to bed.

AED, DesertStar7 and Sam like this.