Gregorian Masses said for my Mum

Discussion in 'Questions and Answers' started by garabandal, Jul 17, 2020.

1. garabandal

garabandal Powers

I would like to get Masses said for the soul of my deceased mother - 30 consecutive Gregorian masses for the souls in purgatory --

Has anyone had this done and could you provide a link to a reputable and orthodox organisation whom I can donate money to get this done?

Julia, Shae and Beth B like this.
  2. Dolours

Dolours Powers

I have had Gregorian Masses said through the Irish branch of Aid to the Church in Need. A simple process using their website but it may be possible, also, to make the arrangements by 'telephone. Here's a link to the website: https://www.acnireland.org/masses/gregorian-mass-offering

I received a really nice Mass card from them.

Shae, Beth B, AED and 1 other person like this.
  3. AED

AED Powers

I have done this. The Marian priests of Stockbridge Massachusetts will do this (Divine Mercy order) you can find them on line. I call them and give credit card rather than through the internet form. Also I believe the Seraphic Mass association will do them. Susan Tassone's website has a link as well.

Advocata Nostra, Shae and Beth B like this.
  4. AED

AED Powers

Aid to the Church in Need is wonderful.

Shae and Beth B like this.
  5. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

Seraphic Mass Association online. But all good ideas here already.

Shae and Beth B like this.
  6. Shae

Shae Archangels

I had the Gregorian Mass said for my brother at The Westminster Abby, Seminary of Christ the King, here where I live in British Columbia, Canada, but the wait list was a year.

7. Julia

Julia Immaculate Heart of Mary, pray for us.

Garabandal asked quote= "I would like to get Masses said for the soul of my deceased mother - 30 consecutive Gregorian masses for the souls in purgatory --
    Has anyone had this done and could you provide a link to a reputable and orthodox organisation whom I can donate money to get this done?"= end of quote.

I would ask for the Gregorian Masses for your mother by name.

I requested the Gregorian Masses for my sister recently deceased. I did it through the aid to the Church in Need UK.

To be honest Aid to the Church in Need was a lot cheaper £167 if I remember correctly. But. They do not require a name!! the request is forwarded to Poland where the 30 Masses are offered, and you don't know when it will happen, or a location. I received a nice card which I had to fill in myself without Mass dates.

I felt it was very impersonal, and asked how is God going to know who is being prayed for if loads of requests are sent without names. Just so you know.

The last time I had this done was for my other sister who died a few years ago. I booked the Gregorian Masses through the Friars in Farnborough. They say the Latin Masses. It is also the main shrine to Saint Joseph here in the UK, and the only place I have ever seen Saint Joseph with a Crown.

It is called Saint Michaels Abbey, and is a Benedictine Monastery. You can find them on the internet. It could cost between £300 and £400. And you could ask them to confirm when the Masses would be said. And they sure could do with the money.

E-mail: info@farnboroughabbey.org

Hope this helps.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2020
    Sam likes this.