Golden Rose Plea. 8th Ammendment.

Discussion in 'Ireland' started by Julia, Apr 29, 2018.

1. Julia

Julia Immaculate Heart of Mary, pray for us.

Here is a simple beautiful little prayer, we could say from Monday 30th April for the Nine days as we approach the decision in Ireland regarding the 8th Amendment. Novena ending 8th May 2018. Please join in.

Our Lady of Knock, petition for the protection of Life in the Republic of Ireland.

Golden Rose, Queen of Ireland
    All my cares and troubles cease,
    As I kneel with love before you.
    Lady of Knock, my Queen of Peace.

gracia, Sam, Michael Rafael and 6 others like this.
  2. jackzokay

jackzokay Archangels

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I stumbled across this..... thought it interesting and thought I'd share it.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

A Last Vision of St. Patrick

Fr. William B. Morris
    Not only did the conversion of the Irish people to Christianity take place with extraordinary rapidity, but to this first grace God added another almost as great: that is, the long presence of the great Patriarch with his children. Other Apostles have had to leave their work to be finished by lesser men, but for 59 years after the power of paganism had been broken at Tara, St. Patrick held undisputed sway as Pontiff and Teacher of the Church in Ireland. He lived long enough to see the grey hairs on the heads of those whom he had baptized as children, so that he had time to organize and consolidate that infant Church, and to create a native clergy.

[​IMG]
    St. Patrick left an endurings mark on the whole Church in Ireland
    The evidence on this point in St. Patrick must, as usual, be extracted from detached sentences from his writings. He alludes to the thousands of men (tota millia hominum) whom he had baptized. “Greatly am I in debt to God, who has given me such grace that great multitudes are, by my ministry, born to God, and then confirmed. And that for this people whom the Lord hath taken, coming to the faith in those latter days, clerics everywhere were ordained." (Conf.,c.IV,§18.)

There seems to be no doubt that St. Patrick retired from the government of the See of Armagh many years before his death, probably in 455, and during the long interval between that period and his own death he saw four Bishops successively fill that see. Sixty years of ecclesiastical rule in Ireland gave St. Patrick time, not only to teach the faith, but to establish traditions.

The rulers of the Church during this long period were his own spiritual children, so while one generation passed away, and another succeeded, there was no change or disturbance in the life of that Church, which had all its organization and discipline, as well as its doctrines, from one man. The same prodigious power, which in the beginning had broken all opposition, preserved unity and peace when the struggle was over, and made the fold of St. Patrick like the infant Church in Judaea, when "the multitude of believers were of one heart and one mind." ....

The latter years of the Saint's life were spent for the most part at Saul or Armagh, where in retirement he held communion with God, and again tasted the ineffable joys of his youth, when his soul was espoused to God in solitude on Slemish during his captivity on the emerald island. The Last Day alone will reveal the lights then given to him, and the graces that he obtained for his children.

Once the Saint had a great vision, in which the actual state and the future of the Church in Ireland were revealed to him. In the first place, he saw the whole land, as it were, like a great furnace whose flames reached to the sky. And he clearly heard the voice of an Angel saying, "Such is now - the state of Ireland in the sight of the Lord."

After a little time, instead of this far-spreading universal fire, he saw flaming mountains here and there over the land, then torches shining, succeeded by glimmering lights amidst an ever-increasing darkness. Last of all, he saw a few live coals buried and burning deep in the earth. Then an angelic voice was heard, saying that such should be the successive states of the Irish people in times that were coming.

Then, with tears rolling down his cheeks, the Saint repeated many times those words of the Psalmist, "Will God then cast us off forever ? Or will He never more be favorable again? Or will He cut off His mercy forever from generation to generation? Or will God forget to show mercy? Or will He in anger close off His mercies?"

The Angel answered and told him to look to the north of the land, and that there he should see the Hand of the Most High. The Saint lifted up his eyes, and, behold, a little light arose in Uladh (Ulster), which had struggled long in the darkness, until at length the whole island was filled with the brightness of its glory, and Ireland returned to its first state of all-pervading fire. (Acta SS., p. 575).

At the time when Jocelyn wrote this in the 12th century, conflicting interpretations of this vision were prevalent. The days of darkness were taken by some to be the terrible time of the Danish persecution in the 9th century. The light that began in Ulster was thought by some to signify the figure of the great St. Malachy, first Bishop of Down in Ulster and Legate of the Holy See under Innocent II, whose life and labors were recorded by his friend St. Bernard. The English invaders boldly asserted that the light was a figure of the state of things that they had introduced. Jocelyn himself abstained from giving any opinion on the subject.

gracia, Julia and RoryRory like this.
  3. RoryRory

RoryRory Perseverance

St. Patrick pray for Ireland and Canada.

gracia, Julia and Dolours like this.
  4. Muzhik

Muzhik Powers

Ulster, hmmm? Where Orange isn't a color, it's a way of life? Imagine if such passions should be returned to the Mother Church after the Illumination!

gracia, Julia, Dolours and 1 other person like this.
  5. Julia

Oh, please say this little prayer each day until the 8th May. Give Heavenly Mother a reason to powerfully intercede for Ireland and the sanctity of life.
    A whole forest grows without making a sound, while one tree falling makes a hell of a din. The same goes for the power of intercessory prayer. We can be the silent forest, the fall of the 8th Amendment will have a hell of an outcome later.

gracia, maryrose and Sam like this.
  6. RoryRory

RoryRory Perseverance

I am saying this prayer and I do Adoration on the first Friday May 4 with little children for a half hour and will pray for this cause as I have written it in my plan so I won’t forget.
    That hymn is often sung in our parish. We love ❤️ it.

gracia and Sam like this.
  7. Sam

Sam Powers

I am praying it Julia, also finishing the 54 Day Novena for Ireland

OL-KNOCK-2.jpg

Carol55, Dolours and gracia like this.
  8. Julia

Bump, by the Grace of God. No pun intended.

AED, Dolours, gracia and 1 other person like this.
  9. RoryRory

RoryRory Perseverance

Praying

Julia likes this.
  10. RoryRory

RoryRory Perseverance

Was the decision for life made yet?

11. garabandal

garabandal Powers

25th May 2018

12. Julia

Today, 25th May 2018 Saint Padre Pio's birthday is the day the people of Ireland will vote to uphold the sanctity of life in keeping the 8th Amendment to their Constitution; or open the gates of hell and let loose principalities and powers that will drag Ireland down the sewer to the pit of hell, unless God intervenes urgently.

I hope others joined in the little prayer at the beginning of this thread. I have a little testimony about it.

On Wednesday 23rd May 2018, a lady gave me a yellow rose she had brought back from her trip to the shrine of St Rita. The Rose was blessed. Another lady came to me after Mass and said; oh, you have a golden Rose. That is in honour of Our Lady of Knock. I was so happy, blessed Mother had acknowledged my little attempt to pray for Ireland and the 8th Amendment.

We were made aware by word of mouth that there would be a chance to attend Eucharistic Adoration and Mass in preparation for the Vote in Ireland, and a chance to petition Almighty God for His Holy Spirit to enlighten enough people to bring a successful outcome from this vote. I attended.

It turned out after spending the night of prayer with Eucharistic Jesus, that being Thursday night. The Mass in honour of Our Lady of Knock was celebrated at 6 am this morning 25th May, followed by a statue of Our Lady Crowned in honour of Our Lady of Knock. And we had a procession around the outside of the Church with the statue. The final hymn was Golden Rose, Queen of Ireland.

I am so touched by the many unexpected coincidences around this little thread, no matter the outcome of the vote. God is with us, and so too our most blessed Mother who is so generous in her way of acknowledging our little efforts. It is mind blowing. Praise be Jesus and Mary.

Last edited: May 25, 2018
    SgCatholic, RoryRory, Carol55 and 4 others like this.
  13. AED

AED Powers

Thankyou for sharing this Julia. What a powerful witness. I feel very much the movement of God. Warrior Angels led by St Michael and all the saints known and unknown who were Irish and all their Guardian Angels. I have felt too the strong intercession of the holy souls in Purgatory. In another thread in a reply to Dolours I told her of a spiritual dream I had in the wee hours. Powerful and radiant leaving me with such peace and a deep desire to pray the Chaplet of Saint Michael for Ireland. The words of the chaplet almost crackled with electricity. It was so very very deep and peaceful. I haven't had an experience like that in years! God bless Ireland and the Irish and all praying for the Irish and this referendum.
    (I got a little cheeky with God yesterday. I said "I am asking a huge huge impossible intention. I am asking in Jesus Name for a landslide victory." )

SgCatholic, RoryRory and Sam like this.
  14. RoryRory

RoryRory Perseverance

Have been praying from with Irish blood. Canada is in bad shape also.
    Prayed also at Mass and Adoration and in Rosaries and Golden Rose Queen of Ireland. Please Lord help !

AED and Carol55 like this.