Going to the ENT today

Discussion in 'Prayer requests' started by PurpleFlower, Feb 23, 2021.

1. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

PF....it’s good now that you went and will get treatment rather than to keep worrying...I’ve done the same, but it’s good now that you can get treated and tested. Continuing prayers....it’s scary sometimes...

AED, Julia, josephite and 5 others like this.
  2. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

I’ll definitely be praying for them Josephite! Plus try hard to not worry too much!

AED, Julia, josephite and 3 others like this.
  3. bflocatholic

bflocatholic Powers

FWIW - my wife had (has!) a thyroid nodule that would "act up" and get bigger during a pregnancy and for a little while after, and then subside. She did the ultrasound thing a few times, and if memory serves, even had a biopsy, but it was never anything more than a minor inconvenience.

Praying that all works out for you next week!

AED, Advocata Nostra, Julia and 7 others like this.
  4. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

That's comforting to know.
    I'm also praying for all of these intentions. So many earthly problems. Praying for your daughters, Josephite.

AED, Julia, Beth B and 3 others like this.
  5. Sam

Sam Powers

Will be remembering your daughters and their babies and all the prayer requests of all in my prayers.

P.S., by the way I think you have invented a new word-Joyful Mysteries of the Josary to St Joseph! I love it! I will be praying my Josary honoring St. Joseph during this year dedicated to St. Joseph!

AED, Julia, Beth B and 4 others like this.
  6. PurpleFlower

PurpleFlower Archangels

This is very comforting to hear, thank you! Mine did seem to show up when I was pregnant with my daughter.

AED, Julia, Beth B and 5 others like this.
  7. PurpleFlower

PurpleFlower Archangels

So I've felt God tugging on my heart to go to daily Mass for a couple years now... I haven't because of the kids and my husband's work schedule, but I realized that if I get the baby to bed sooner and up sooner, the baby and I can get to Mass while the other two sleep (and my husband sleeps from his overnight shift). So I went to Mass this morning and it was just wonderful.

I'd asked St. Joseph to find me exactly the right doctor and lead me there, so when the doctor walked in at my appointment yesterday, I was a little disappointed to see he was really old and matter-of-fact, not comforting in manner at all. I was scared and wanted reassurance and comfort, but oh well, I leaned on St. Joseph instead. The doctor looked at the fibroma in my mouth and said it would be there forever. I could have him remove it or not, it didn't matter. So I decided to have it removed next week. Well, it's been getting smaller every day and is so tiny now! I was thinking of the doctor today at Mass. He had no warmth or light to him. Of course I'm no reader of souls, but I could feel he was probably spiritually dead. It was weird...I wear several medals on my scapular and when he came near me, without thinking I slipped them out of sight under my shirt, which I never do. It was like I instinctively was embarassed for him to see them, but I've never done that before. I thought about this and felt bad...and I realized, I spent that whole doctor visit thinking about myself. How he wasn't comforting to me... But what about him? What does he need? I prayed for him and came up with a proposition for God: I'll attend daily Mass every day this week, praying for the doctor's soul and my mouth to heal. If my mouth is healed by my appointment next week, I will show him it's healed and tell him I went to Mass every day and God healed it. Perhaps he'll be so surprised since he said it would never go away, that it'll plant a seed of faith in his heart. He's old and his time may be near. It's a good time to start thinking about God.

I don't know if God will go for my proposition, haha, but at the very least, the doctor will have many masses prayed at for him.

AED, Carmel333, Mario and 11 others like this.
  8. padraig

padraig New Member

I went to a Dentist to have a tooth pulled one time and got these exact same feelings. I could not get out quick enough.

It is such a kind thought to pray for the old Doctor. Prayers at night.

But just imagine what it might be like to work or even live with such a person

AED, Mary's child, Julia and 4 others like this.
  9. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

I love your attitude.

AED, Mary's child, Mario and 4 others like this.
  10. PurpleFlower

PurpleFlower Archangels

Honestly, shifting the focus away from myself has helped so much. I bring on a lot of my own suffering by just being way too self-focused.

11. DesertStar7

DesertStar7 To Jesus + through Mary @-}--

Praying! Unsure how I only saw this today!

AED, Beth B, Julia and 3 others like this.
  12. Jo M

Jo M Powers

I have had encounters with doctors who are emotionally vacant, and I never returned to them. I don't know how someone can be a physician and be so detached from compassion. You are so good to pray for that old doctor PF, God bless you.

AED, Sam, Julia and 6 others like this.
  13. josephite

josephite Powers

It was not I who coined the phrase Josary, but Dr Scott Hahn! I watched the following video about 6 weeks ago, and started to pray the Josary daily in the morning after the seven sorrows rosary to Our Lady; (in the afternoon I pray the Rosary).

Like the Hail Mary, the Hail Joseph (which is prayed on the ten Hail Mary beads) in the Josary, consists of the Salutation of the Angel to St Joseph who announced to Joseph that he was indeed worthy to be Virginal Husband of Mary and the earthly father of God made man and the second part is asking for his intercession.

Hail Joseph, son of David do not fear, Jesus will save His people from their sins. St Joseph virginal father of Jesus intercede for us sinners in need. Amen.

Dr Scott Hahn explains and prays the Josary below.
    It is beautiful.

AED, Mary's child, Beth B and 3 others like this.
  14. josephite

josephite Powers

I forgot to add that the reason I pray the Josary after a Rosary is because Pope Leo XIII stated the following prayer to be prayed after the Rosary and I finish the Josary with this Prayer of Pope Leo XIII.

To thee, O Blessed Joseph, we have recourse in our afflictions, and having implored the help of thy most holy Spouse, we now, with hearts filled with confidence, earnestly beg you to take us under thy protection. By that affection which united thee to the Immaculate Virgin Mother of God, and by thy fatherly love with which you embraced the Child Jesus, we humbly beg you to look graciously upon the beloved inheritance which Jesus Christ purchased by His Precious Blood, and to aid us in our necessities.

Protect, most watchful guardian of the Holy Family, the chosen people of Jesus Christ. Keep us, loving father, from all blight of error and corruption. Aid us from on high, most valiant defender, in this conflict with the powers of darkness. And just as you once saved the Child Jesus from mortal danger, so now defend Gods Holy Church from the snares of the enemy and from all adversity. Guard each of us by thy constant patronage, so that, sustained by thy example and help, we may live a holy life, die a holy death, and obtain the everlasting happiness of heaven. Amen

Prescribed by His Holiness Pople Leo XIII, for the month of October after the recitation of the Holy Rosary

Additionally the prayer has indulgences this year....

During the Year of Saint Joseph
    The prayer is ordinarily enriched with a partial indulgence (Handbook of Indulgences, conc. 19). During the Year of Saint Joseph, however—which lasts from December 8, 2020 to December 8, 2021—the use of this prayer has been included among those enriched with a plenary indulgence (see Decree of the Apostolic Penitentiary issued Dec. 8, 2020, section E). It may be said on any day of the Year of Saint Joseph, but especially on his various feast days or other devotional days dedicated to St. Joseph:

• December 27, 2020, the Feast of the Holy Family of Jesus, Mary and Joseph
    • March 19, 2021, the Solemnity of Saint Joseph, Spouse of the Blessed Virgin Mary
    • May 1, 2021, the Optional Memorial of Saint Joseph the Worker
    • the nineteenth day of each month
    • every Wednesday, the traditional day of the week for devotions to Saint Joseph
    • "St. Joseph Sunday" and suitable days of other liturgical rites in the Eastern Catholic Churches

15. PurpleFlower

PurpleFlower Archangels

Wow, I didn't know about this! I will add it to the end of my daily rosary. Thank you!

16. Sam

Sam Powers

Thank you for posting this josephite love it !

AED, Mary's child, Beth B and 2 others like this.
  17. PurpleFlower

PurpleFlower Archangels

I got my ultrasound of my thyroid/neck yesterday. In a couple hours I'll be back at the ENT to see if they think it might be cancer. If so, I'll need a biopsy. I'd appreciate your prayers, please, that I can be unafraid and resigned to God's Will, but also that it won't be cancer! Taking care of these kids is such a full time job. I can't imagine dealing with cancer on top of it. God did help my mouth heal on its own without the need for surgical removal, and for that I am so grateful. He is very good to me.

AED, Mary's child, josephite and 7 others like this.
  18. bflocatholic

bflocatholic Powers

Still praying!

AED, josephite, HeavenlyHosts and 2 others like this.
  19. Prayers for you, Purple Flower!

HeavenlyHosts, Jo M and Beth B like this.
  20. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

Heidi,

my closest friend had this biopsy. Was recommended to her to have her thyroid removed. She did...over seven years ago.
    It removed her cancer risk! Praying your biopsy is negative, but don’t panic! She’s fine now+++

AED, Mary's child, josephite and 3 others like this.