Going to the ENT today

Discussion in 'Prayer requests' started by PurpleFlower, Feb 23, 2021.

1. PurpleFlower

PurpleFlower Archangels

So for those of you who know about the cystlike thing in my mouth, I'm going to the ENT today to get it looked at. Interestingly, the night before last, I made some Chamomile tea, dipped my miraculous medal and St. Benedict medal in it, and asked for Mary and St. Benedict to drive what's bad out of my mouth, then I drank it. I've been doing that a couple times a day ever since, because something bitter started draining from it and has been draining almost constantly. It tastes awful and kind of burns my mouth a little. But the cyst is so small now, it's almost flat. So we'll see if the ENT thinks it's going away or still needs to be removed!

The reason I chose an ENT is... I've had a lump on the front of my neck for at least 2 years now that I've been worried about but too afraid to have looked at. I've been afraid it's thyroid cancer or something, and was worried I'd have to have my thyroid removed and it would affect my fertility or something. It's quite possibly a harmless nodule, but the worry is there in the back of my mind pretty much daily. Several weeks ago, I sent my guardian angel to visit Vicka in Medjugorje to ask her to pray that I'd either forget about my neck and stop worrying, or find the courage to go to the doc. Well I recently put two and two together and realised my mouth issue showed up right about that time, so perhaps it's an answer to prayer and getting me to the doctor.

Anyway, my appointment is in 2 hours and I'm nervous and could really use your prayers that it's not cancer or anything that could endanger my ability to have more kids. I'm 35 and would love to have a few more. Thank you!

Last edited: Feb 23, 2021
    AED, Julia, DesertStar7 and 8 others like this.
  2. Mario

Mario Powers

Praying! Yes, PF, it is possible. My wonderful wife, Geralyn, gave birth to Therese when 36, and gave birth to Daniel when 40.

Safe Under Mary's Mantle!

AED, Julia, josephite and 5 others like this.
  3. Jo M

Jo M Powers

Prayers said PF. May you be blessed with relief from your worries.

AED, Julia, josephite and 4 others like this.
  4. Sam

Sam Powers

5. Mario

Mario Powers

PF,

Have you ever thought of checking out any Catholic homeschooling associations in your area. They usually consist of faithful families. Even if you don't plan to homeschool as Geralyn and I did, it would possibly provide a connection for building new relationships and friendships with women in your age group. My oldest daughter, Rachel, who vowed never to homeschool her kids (she is now 34) is involved with her four children and belongs to Catholic homeschooling group of at least 30 families.

Safe in the Refuge of the Immaculate Heart!

AED, Advocata Nostra, Julia and 6 others like this.
  6. PurpleFlower

PurpleFlower Archangels

I am homeschooling, and was actually homeschooled myself! I have tried to attend some homeschool group functions in the past and will do so again, especially if my sister will go with me (her oldest is 4, and she plans to homeschool as well). I'm painfully shy, haha, so sitting and chatting with moms I don't know can be difficult.

7. Christy Beth

Christy Beth Archangels

PF, I'll be praying for you too. I know worry can sometimes get things blown up in our mind to something really horrible. I know it's easy to say don't worry, and another thing to actually not worry! Good luck at the doctor.

8. Mary's child

Mary's child Powers

Just seeing this now PurpleFlower, praying it works out alright.

AED, josephite, Mario and 3 others like this.
  9. Luiflower

Luiflower Angels

Praying for Grace - To our God Who is mighty in strength and fully understands our frailties and the challenges we face in our daily lives.

“I lift up my eyes to the hills. From where does my help come? My help comes from the Lord, who made heaven and earth.” Psalm 121:1–2

AED, Julia, josephite and 6 others like this.
  10. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

Sorry...just saw this now! Praying

AED, Julia, josephite and 3 others like this.
  11. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

praying, keep us posted
    I was 40 when I had my son Tommy:)

AED, josephite, Sam and 4 others like this.
  12. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

Did your dr. Appointment go well PF?

Julia, josephite, Sam and 2 others like this.
  13. Katfalls

Katfalls Powers

I'm praying you had good news today.

Julia, Beth B, josephite and 3 others like this.
  14. PurpleFlower

PurpleFlower Archangels

Well, he said I have a fibroma, with a mucocele involved, in my lip, and scheduled me for its removal next Tues. I'm praying it doesn't get big again between now and then.

He says I have a thyroid nodule, which has a 95% chance of being non-cancerous, but I'll have to get an ultrasound. If the ultrasound doesn't make him feel certain it's not cancer, I'll have to get a biopsy.

I can't wait till it's all over, heh.

Beth B, Jo M, josephite and 2 others like this.
  15. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

Welcome to Lent.:(
    I’ll keep praying that Jesus will heal you quickly and your nodule is benign. thanks for the update
    We’re on your side.

Mario, Beth B, Julia and 5 others like this.
  16. PurpleFlower

PurpleFlower Archangels

Thank you, that means very much to me. I think fear of the unknown is one of the hardest things to deal with for me, suffering-wise. I tried to picture St. Joseph walking with me into the doctor's office so I didn't feel alone and had someone I trust to lead me through it. I wish I were stronger and less afraid of things.

DesertStar7, Julia, Sam and 5 others like this.
  17. josephite

josephite Powers

Praying for you, HH's friend Sue and the MoG holy intentions, now, with the seven sorrows rosary to Our Lady and the Joyful Mysteries of the Josary to St Joseph which encompass, Four of St Josephs sorrows and Joys. I am also praying for two of my daughters who are pregnant, one has just been to hospital this morning with pain in her womb, they have discovered a large hematoma or possibly an active bleed in her womb apparently near the placenta. So I would also like to ask for prayers for both of them, Amy Elizabeth and Brodie Catherine. Thank you all in advance.

AED, DesertStar7, Julia and 6 others like this.
  18. Jo M

Jo M Powers

Thanks for the update PF. Continued prayers that all will go well with the fibroma removal, and the ultrasound.

AED, Julia, josephite and 3 others like this.
  19. Jo M

Jo M Powers

Praying for your daughters, Josephite. May they both be blessed with safe deliveries, and healthy babies.

20. PurpleFlower

PurpleFlower Archangels

I will pray for your daughters! I know all too well the painful fear of wondering if all will be well with your pregnancy. I truly appreciate your prayers as well.