GOD’S GEOGRAPHY - APPARITION LATITUDES

Discussion in 'Marian Apparitions' started by Glenn, Apr 6, 2020.

1. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

GOD’S GEOGRAPHY - APPARITION LATITUDES

Garabandal, Medjugorje, and Lourdes are all on the same latitude 43 degrees

North ! Fatima and Akita are on the same Latitude 39 degrees North !

LaSalette & Champion ,Wisconsin are 44 degrees North.

I wonder if he is trying to tell us something ?

2. padraig

padraig New Member

So many mysteries. I have just no idea. I do recall reading this mentioned years ago but the author had no idea either.

Sometimes in Mysticism you come across nuggets of information which are totally baffling.:)

I think sometimes in the study of Mysticism we don;t pay enough attention to physical things. A for instance I personally think hell is actually physically at the centre of the world. But most people would laugh at this.

3. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

I tend to agree with you, Padraig, on hell being at the center of the Earth. Would not be surprised.

josephite, Jo M and sparrow like this.
  4. sparrow

sparrow Powers

Well, Our Lady showed the Fatima children hell by opening the ground... Makes sense..

josephite, Jo M, Beth B and 1 other person like this.
  5. bflocatholic

bflocatholic Powers

Glenn- I recall you bringing this up a few years ago, and back then, it prompted me to take a quick look at my own latitude here in Buffalo, which is pretty close to 43 degrees north.

I also discovered that the Basilica of the National Shrine of Our Lady of Fatima in Lewiston, New York (about 20 minutes east of Niagara Falls and about 30 minutes north of Buffalo) is also on that same latitude - 43 degrees north!

Here's a picture taken a few years ago of the very large statue of Our Lady of Fatima that sits at 43 degrees North atop the Basilica.

Our Lady Fatima Shrine 2-21-14.jpg

josephite, Jo M, Carol55 and 5 others like this.
  6. Texas Mama of 2

Texas Mama of 2 Moderator

I’ve been there and it’s a very special place! When I was a grad student at UB, I would drive out there... very peaceful. :)

7. torrentum

torrentum Archangels

Always found this fascinating. I really love reading facts like this. Makes you realize how little we can ever hope to know about some of Gods Mysteries.

Garabandal
    43.2008N 4.4236W

Medjugorje
    43.2000N 17.6833W

Lourdes
    43.1000N 0.0500W

Latitudes are all within +/- 0.1 degrees. How utterly incredible.

Also, the apparitions of Our Lady in France traces a giant “M” across the map, just like the Miraculous Medal.

5C715170-0658-4922-AFDA-716132525A88.jpeg

8. Malachi

Malachi Archangels

I think the whole idea of place and space when it comes to things incorporeal and spirtual goes against this notion. Perhaps...
    Think about it. If it was "located" physically "somewhere" then theoretically we could analyse it scientifically. Could we develop a probe to reach into the bowels of hell for instance

padraig likes this.
  9. padraig

padraig New Member

Sometimes I think we can see things too much in terms of Spiritual Realities. Thus people speak of Purgatory and Hell as being spiritual, rather than physical realities.

But I think one of things that really sets the Catholic Church apart is the interrelation it recognises between the physical and spiritual. Something which I think the Protestant sects seem to do much , much, much less.

Thus we have the relics of the saints under our altars. Our devotion to the Holy Shroud of Turin. The Healing Waters of Lourdes. The Stigmata and so on. The Sacramentals and so on.

The thing about hell at the moment I think is that we have not gone through the Resurrection in which the body is reunited with the soul. But at that point we enter into heaven with our resurrected bodies. Just so then the damned will also enter hell with their resurrected bodies. In order to do so their must by an actual physical place for them to go to.

Anyway it is just a theory and I am not a theologian. But there is an account in scripture of people actually being thrown physically into hell and a hell that is beneath our very feet. This being from the account of the Old Testament of the fate of those who rebelled against Moses.

Numbers 16

Rebellion Against Moses and Aaron

3 So the Lord spoke to Moses, saying, 24 “Speak to the congregation, saying, ‘Get away from the tents of Korah, Dathan, and Abiram.’ ”

25 Then Moses rose and went to Dathan and Abiram, and the elders of Israel followed him. 26 And he spoke to the congregation, saying, “Depart now from the tents of these wicked men! Touch nothing of theirs, lest you be consumed in all their sins.” 27 So they got away from around the tents of Korah, Dathan, and Abiram; and Dathan and Abiram came out and stood at the door of their tents, with their wives, their sons, and their little children.

28 And Moses said: “By this you shall know that the Lord has sent me to do all these works, for I have not done them of my own will. 29 If these men die naturally like all men, or if they are visited by the common fate of all men, then the Lord has not sent me. 30 But if the Lord creates a new thing, and the earth opens its mouth and swallows them up with all that belongs to them, and they go down alive into the pit, then you will understand that these men have rejected the Lord.”

31 Now it came to pass, as he finished speaking all these words, that the ground split apart under them, 32 and the earth opened its mouth and swallowed them up, with their households and all the men with Korah, with all their goods. 33 So they and all those with them went down alive into the pit; the earth closed over them, and they perished from among the assembly. 34 Then all Israel who were around them fled at their cry, for they said, “Lest the earth swallow us up also!

35 And a fire came out from the Lord and consumed the two hundred and fifty men who were offering incense.

josephite, Jo M and Malachi like this.
  10. padraig

padraig New Member

Anyhow its just a thought.

But I believe Blessed Catherine Emmerich tells the strangest story. She says that there is a place High in the Mountains of Tibet on the Roof of the World that there is a special place set apart for special relics like for instance the Ark of the Covenant, The Holy Grail, The Staff of St Joseph and so on and that this special place has its own Guardians. A kind of Catholic Shangrila if you like high in mountains.

Anyway its a lovely story, I'd love to believe it's true:)

It reminds me of the story of the Garden of Eden which I also believe is a physical reality and is out there somewhere.o_O;)

11. Malachi

Malachi Archangels

Its a great question for sure. And not at all implausible I suppose. Christ's resurrected body for sure occupies space and he can eat and drink etc. But we also see that it transcends the limitations of time and space and that he does not actually need food. If I make it upstairs I wonder if there will be chicken wings and whiskey :)

josephite, bflocatholic and padraig like this.
  12. padraig

padraig New Member

I think maybe if you don't believe in the physical reality of so many things and regard them as purely spiritual you kind of kill them of a lot. Look at the Eucharist for instance. The Body of Christ, yes, but in the physical form of Bread.

torrentum and bflocatholic like this.
  13. padraig

padraig New Member

I think the idea of hovering about on a cloud , singing with a Golden harp and dressed in a white night shirt doesn't do it for me.

A big party , dance and song and loads of drinks in a big Irish Pub(s) for the first ..say.. thousand years with family and friends and talking to loads of saints would be a help.

After that walking the mountains of heaven alone with the dogs for a million years to recover would be nice too.

I think we can be a little too spiritual about these realities. We are not to be globs of floating lights. At least I hope not.:oops::rolleyes:

Ideas of heaven can be a little too nice for me. Too sweet to be wholesome. Bringing in the physical helps. What could be worse than a boring Eternity?

josephite, torrentum and Malachi like this.
  14. padraig

padraig New Member

Some of the visionaries say they have seen a place in heaven were Our Lady and the other women saints look after the newly dead babies, infants and children. When you think of it, how else would it be?
    Especially with aborted babies.

Anyway its interesting to think on..

josephite, Jo M and Evenstar like this.
  15. I am not laughing at you! I believe it is a tangible place AND a state of being that exists for lost souls.

josephite likes this.
  16. Jason Fernando

Jason Fernando Principalities

[​IMG]

Wait till you discover the straight line of the 7 monasteries of St. Michael

https://wearehumanangels.org/saint-michael-mysterious-line-sword/

A mysterious imaginary line links seven monasteries, from Ireland to Israel. Is it just a coincidence? These seven sanctuaries are very far from each other, and yet they are perfectly aligned.

According to legend, the line represents the blow with which St. Michael sent the devil to hell.
    Here is the list of the sanctuaries, incredibly linked by a straight line and a bit of history about them. See for yourself:

17. I’ve been to two points on his sword!

josephite likes this.