Gay Marriage Referendum Ireland.

Discussion in 'Ireland' started by Sanctus, Aug 29, 2014.

1. Jonah

Jonah Angels

It is interesting that Our Lady in the grotto in Mount Melleray showed the seers a vision like the Flood at the time of Noah. She said to them that man has 10 years in which to improve or this will happen. That was in 1984. I know those apparitions are not officially approved but the grotto and the Abbey are wonderful places of prayer and peace. It's no wonder that the Blessed Mother gave that warning in Ireland since we have been the ones to lead the world in 'equality' and LGBT rights. For shame.

I do believe that the Theology of the Body of John Paul II is the answer, the antidote and the way forward for the church and that Ireland has an important role to play in that. I have come to understand in prayer that the apparition at Knock is about the profound teaching of JPII in the TOB. To my mind it is no coincidence that he visited Knock the same year that he began to give the Wednesday Audience talks that have become known as the TOB, and also that Our Lady gave her messages at Melleray the year he finished those teachings.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2015
    maryrose likes this.
  2. miker

miker Powers

Jonah and hope like this.
  3. Mario

Mario Powers

Miker,

I'm a big picture guy. Though your expression, spot on, has truth in it, I am actually experiencing terror from Charlie's post. Yes, the unleashing of pagan ascendancy means the protecting hand of God over humanity is removed. I will continue to pray for mercy for souls, but chastisement is here for both the watchful and the blind. I trust God and love God, but now His saving work will be accomplished through judgment. O Mary conceived without sin, pray for us who have recourse to you.:love:

Safe in the Father's Arms!

maryrose likes this.
  4. Jonah

Jonah Angels

We Irish prided ourselves on being the land of Saints and Scholars, this is a master class in humility, to be the nation that lead the world into darkness. I'm devastated. God have Mercy on us and on the whole world.

Siena, Sanctus, Miriam and 2 others like this.
  5. Julia

Julia Immaculate Heart of Mary, pray for us.

What I have learned from Charlie's site is how things we don't see as huge turn out to be terrible from a spiritual point of view. The gay referendum in Ireland would be one such experience of terror on a spiritual level; but life seems to go on as usual around us.

We just need to Trust in God. Take the next right step, and love those around us. God is still in control, and only permits what will in the end be best for all of us. Praised be Jesus and Mary.

6. Scolaire Bocht

Scolaire Bocht Archangels

"...this is a master class in humility, to be the nation that lead the world into darkness. I'm devastated."

Devastating it certainly is but you know humility is good for the soul, much better than spiritual pride. Don't give up on Ireland just yet!

7. maryrose

maryrose Powers

I was speaking to a friend about this and she is at peace about it as it is called revelation of the truth of where we are at.
    This can only be good. They just started a prayer group in her parish and 18 people showed up and this is a small country parish. Maybe this is the wake up call.

8. Krizevac

Krizevac Archangels

But my hand was made strong
    By the 'and of the Almighty.
    We forward in this generation
    Triumphantly.

How long shall they kill our prophets,
    While we stand aside and look?
    Some say it's just a part of it,
    We've got to fulfill de book.

Won't you help to sing
    These songs of freedom?
    'Cause all I ever have,
    Redemption songs

(With apologies to Bob Marley R.I.P. for moving lines around a bit :D)

9. Tut tut :p

Krizevac likes this.
  10. Sanctus

Sanctus Guest

I don't know about anyone else here, but the spiritual effects of the referendum result in Ireland are beginning to be felt spiritually, and they're not good.

Julia, miker and Miriam like this.
  11. Bartimaeus

Bartimaeus Archangels

Have faith - the pendulum swings!
    Ironic turn of events or what?

Shoppers, tourists and workers were canvassed by Oscar-nominated actress Saoirse Ronan on O'Connell Street yesterday for a 'Yes' vote in Friday's same-sex marriage referendum.
    [​IMG]
    Saoirse Ronan pictured with Eamon Farrell at the launch the Yes Equality Your Yes Matters campaign under the clock at Clerys on O'Connell Street. She is encouraging people to get out and vote Yes in the Marriage Referendum on May 22.
    Jason Kennedy – 18 May 2015 03:00 AM

and three weeks later...
    I'll meet you under Clerys clock no more
    [​IMG]

Published 13/06/2015 | 02:30
    [​IMG] Open Gallery 1
    Staff leaving Clerys on O'Connell street
    In 1916 when the GPO was pounded, and in 1966 when poor old Admiral Nelson took to the sky and the pillar was no more, across the street Clerys stood imperious, looking on disapprovingly.

It has been an institution in Dublin city since its first incarnation in 1853 as 'The New or Palatial Mart'.

It would be another 43 years before it came under the name of Clerys and was the go-to place for everything from the Christening robe to the Confirmation suit.

Expensive goods were laid out in glass cabinets as if they were Egyptian artefacts. No matter how exotic, they might be made one's own through down-payments and the 'never never'. But, just like Hector Grey's and the last of the 'cheeky Charlies', another Dublin institution is to shut its doors. The generations who shifted uneasily under its clock, waiting for that someone special to materialise out of the evening, will also have fond memories.

If ever there was a relic of old decency, then Clerys surely was it. But as the ballad says, nothing stays the same.

For the staff, there is the very real loss of their jobs.

For the rest of us, we have lost another part of what was Dublin in the rare old times.

Irish Independent

Julia, Sanctus and Adoremus like this.
  12. Adoremus

Adoremus Powers

This strikes me as a sign. Like the cursing of the fig tree.

Bartimaeus and Miriam like this.
  13. miker

miker Powers

Thank you Sanctus for posting this. Can you share a bit more how the spiritual effects are being felt already?

Julia likes this.
  14. miker

miker Powers

I've only been to Dublin once in my life many years ago and found it so full of charm. We stayed in an old part of the city (Dublin 12) very close to Christ Church. We stayed with my cousins mom and her sister who treated as if we were royalty. What a fond memory of the people and city - as us the case here in NY, consigned only to my memory. :(

Julia, Indy and Miriam like this.
  15. Sanctus

Sanctus Guest

Hi Miker, it feels like there is a much heavier atmosphere in Ireland at the moment as a consequence of the referendum result, and it will probably increase in intensity when it eventually legislated for next month or so and officially brought into law in the country. As the Papal Nuncio for Ireland said, it is a defeat for humanity , and what is worse is that Ireland have set a trend and global example by being the first country to introduce it by popular vote. Any Catholics I know here feel a sense of great loss and sadness for the country over the result.

16. miker

miker Powers

Thanks Sanctus. I will continue to pray for you all as I'm sure you will for us here in the States in a few weeks when the SC rules in favor of gay marriage. I think that same heaviness will be here for us too.

Sanctus and Miriam like this.
  17. Sanctus

Sanctus Guest

Thanks Miker.

18. Katfalls

Katfalls Powers

When thinking of the Gay Pride marches etc. it brings to mind this Bible verse :
    Pride goes before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall.

Spirit of Truth and Miriam like this.
  19. garabandal

garabandal Powers

Gay pride. An oxymoron.

20. Adoremus

Adoremus Powers

It just occurred to me that the two high-profile companies that have gone bankrupt in Ireland this week are Cleary's (where courting couples traditionally met before going to buy their engagement rings at the Happy Ring House jeweller's nearby) and 'Irish Pride!', one of the country's best-known makers of bread. Is someone trying to tell us something?

Last edited: Jun 14, 2015
    Miriam likes this.