Gay Marriage Referendum Ireland.

Discussion in 'Ireland' started by Sanctus, Aug 29, 2014.

1. miker

miker Powers

2. Indy

Indy Praying

The massive attack on the priesthood in Ireland and the related sex abuse scandals are paying evil dividend now and thus we are left in this sad state.

I am so sad to read this.
    http://spiritdaily.com/Irelandapparitionsgays.htm

3. Spirit of Truth

Spirit of Truth Archangels

Very interesting read. Thanks!

I'd be interested in reading the above if, when posted.

God bless!

4. Fatima

Fatima Powers

Ireland ‘defied God’ by voting for gay ‘marriage’: Cardinal Burke
    By Pete Baklinski

OXFORD, May 28, 2015 (LifeSiteNews.com) -- Cardinal Raymond Burke lamented how formerly Catholic Ireland has gone further than the pagans in the pre-Christian days of old and “defied God” by calling homosexual behavior “marriage” in the referendum last week.

“I mean, this is a defiance of God. It’s just incredible. Pagans may have tolerated homosexual behaviours, they never dared to say this was marriage,” he told the Newman Society, Oxford University’s Catholic organization, in an address Wednesday about the intellectual heritage of Pope Benedict XVI. The Tablet, Britain’s liberal Catholic newspaper, reported his remarks.

On Friday, 1.2 million Irish people voted to amend the country’s constitution to say: “Marriage may be contracted in accordance with law by two persons without distinction as to their sex.” A little over 734,000 people voted against the proposal.

Burke said that he could not understand “any nation redefining marriage.”

The cardinal also emphasized the important role that parents play in protecting their children in a culture increasingly hostile to God’s laws. “The culture is thoroughly corrupted, if I may say so, and the children are being exposed to this, especially through the internet,” he said. One practical piece of advice that he offered families was to put computers in public areas to prevent children from “imbib[ing] this poison that’s out there.”

During the same Oxford visit, but during a homily at a Mass the day before, Burke called marriage between a man and woman a “fundamental truth” that has been “ignored, defied, and violated.”

Burke warned during the homily of the dangers of “various ideological currents” and of “human deception and trickery which strives to lead us into error.”

5. I have been following this thread at a prayerful distance over the last while. I am deeply saddened over the whole affair. While it may not have made much difference to the outcome, I feel the Irish bishops could have done more! I have rarely heard an inspired homily from any mass I have attended in over 30 years, and that to me is a generation of non teaching. So we are now reaping the fruits.
    When I pray for Ireland now an image comes to mind of the country exposed to the elements, a bleak white/grey sky like one would see before a bad storm.
    Before the voting I promised the Lord I would do the Lough Derg pilgrimage when it was defeated! I still plan to do it but now in reparation for the wounds we have inflicted on His heart. Maybe some of you other Irish posters would like to join me!??

6. Mario

Mario Powers

Joe Biden said, "You should never underestimate the epiphanies that follow when a culture makes a breakthrough of conscience.

epiphany- a manifestation, especially of divinity

John 16: 1 "These things I have spoken to you so that you may be kept from stumbling. 2 "They will make you outcasts from the synagogue, but an hour is coming for everyone who kills you to think that he is offering service to God.

The Vice-President clearly speaks a warning to those who adhere to their misguided consciences!:rolleyes: That includes us!

Safe in the Hearts of Jesus and Mary!

7. padraig

padraig New Member

I prayed for a reading from the bible for light tonight, asking for a verse and opened the old family Bible at this verse,

'Humble yourself and God will exalt you'.

I took it as a definite sign from God.

1 Peter 5:6

Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time.

8. Adoremus

Adoremus Powers

You're not alone, there is a deep feeling of sadness, depression etc among many people I have spoken to in the past week. I think what we need to do now is start some serious intercessory prayer, as Francis Hogan has been saying. Individual prayer, fasting, pilgrimages etc are great, but more importantly, gathering together a small group specifically for intercessory prayer and reparation for our country. It doesn't have to be large numbers - 'where two or more are gathered'... For instance, my sister, mother and I began doing this together once a week a few months back (though we have not been as consistent as we should).

9. Well hopefully some members on here will agree to join me in Lough Derg... :)

10. padraig

padraig New Member

11. garabandal

garabandal Powers

12. Bartimaeus

Bartimaeus Archangels

With the help of God I'll be doing Lough Derg the last weekend in July - it only makes sense to me in the context of intercession or reparation... God give us strength.

13. Infant Jesus of Prague

Infant Jesus of Prague The More you Honor Me The More I will Bless Thee

Is this the same Francis Hogan on EWTN...if so shes' awesome. Im watching her now as I do every sunday morning for 2 years, she really brings the Gospel alive. Wish she was on everyday, such a wise soul:):):)

14. Bartimaeus

Bartimaeus Archangels

[​IMG]A really good book - have to live it now. She is excellent.

15. garabandal

garabandal Powers

16. josephite

josephite Powers

I have avoided reading this thread for months because I believe I don’t have the words to express what should be said. However I have now read through the thread and will put in my two cents worth.

They say the devil will tell a thousand truths to seed a lie.
    How true is this when looking at sexual sin!

Before looking specifically at sexual sin, first we must look at what sin is.
    And also look at the destructiveness of sin which then indicates its grade, that is its destructiveness in relation to truth.

What does sin do?
    Sin separates us from truth.

How does sin do this?
    All that is not truth is a lie and lies aren’t part of creation (or evolution if you like) as a lie doesn’t’ exist (instead a lie destroys) therefore lies take life from us.

God is truth and life.

Most animals reproduce sexually and most animals use their sexuality for is intended purpose.

Sexuality in its purity affords all creatures of God a part in giving life and for mankind it is much more.

Sexuality is a beautiful gift and just like all gifts, our sexuality can be used for its intended purpose or used in other ways that degrade is intended purpose.

When separated from its intended purpose sexuality is used for perverse and base desires which are destructive; being control, selfishness, greed, self pleasure and putting one’s own pleasure before the needs of others.

A perverse desire is one that centres on the self, affecting others negatively and debilitating both the others involved and one’s own psychological and mental functioning.

Mans soul, body and mind is involved in all mans acts, which means that all our acts impact our mind, our psychology, our body and soul.

For that reason our good and ordered acts raise our hearts to God.

Our use of our sexuality is far more important than the use of most other gifts, as its impact is so great on ourselves and the other involved and even the world we live in.

God saw fit to raise this union of man and woman to be one of the seven sacraments of the Church, marriage.

The above denotes the holiness of marriage and all other sexual acts outside of this are therefore either disordered or perverse.

Last edited: May 31, 2015
    Miriam likes this.
  17. Julia

Julia Immaculate Heart of Mary, pray for us.

Josephite, thank you for a beautiful pink fluffy idealised convent view if how love should work in the context of copulation within the human species. Under the direction of Gods watchful eye.

In most cases, it does not really work like that. But it is nice to read how it could be. :)

18. josephite

josephite Powers

Hi Julia.

There is nothing pink, fluffy or convent in the reality of Gods gift of marriage. It is not for the faint hearted nor for two same sex lifestyle happy clappers.

It is a vocation and demands selfless giving to your spouse and your children.

And as you put it so elequenly, I would like to know how you think love should work in the context of copulation within the human species?

Do you think the sacrament of marriage matters?

Adoremus and Heidi like this.
  19. miker

miker Powers

I think Saint Pope JP II really covered this completely and in light of where we are today prophetically in his Theology of the Body. I think it is well worth the read, but there are also good overviews like this one.:

https://www.crossroadsinitiative.co...Theology_of_the_Body____Christopher_West.html

20. Julia

Julia Immaculate Heart of Mary, pray for us.

Josephite, yes, I believe in the sanctity of the Sacrament of Matrimony.

While I remain as shocked and scandalised as anyone else who is still trying to come to terms with how the majority of my people, the Irish should have fallen under the spell of such a spirit of deception, and supported an ancient sodomite culture. The destroyer of peoples, nations and cultures has rooted itself on Saint Patricks hard won territory for God and His Kingdom.

Sodomy is not about marriage; but the urge of the flesh. It is not about love to me it is about lust.

God bless you.