Garabandal Warning

Discussion in 'Marian Apparitions' started by Muzhik, Nov 16, 2019.

1. Muzhik

Muzhik Powers

Greetings! I'm too busy now to look up the details. My apologies. I understand one of the signals of the Warning is that it will occur on the feast day of "a little known Martyr of the Eucharist." I have tried to go through the hagiographies to find all the "Martyrs of the Eucharist" acknowledged in the Catholic Church.

Just today I was reminded of something: that a true Martyr of the Eucharist might be someone who, for whatever reason, is not known as such in the Church. Please read the story of Lin:

https://casorosendi.wordpress.com/2016/04/23/li-a-precious-martyr-of-the-eucharist/

I wrote the author to see if a date of her martyrdom had been known, but unfortunately the author said no. If anyone else has any information in this regard I would love to hear it

2. Sam

Sam Powers

The miracle will happen on a feast-day of a martyred Saint for the Eucharist. Conchita looked at a calendar in her kitchen and saw the feast day, so the saint must be known in the church. It was Mari loli who knew the date of the warning and she has passed on.

3. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

At the time that Conchita looked at the calendar, wasn’t the old calendar of saints days in use?

Sam and Muzhik like this.
  4. Mario

Mario Powers

Here is the printed story of Little Li which inspired the seminarian, Fulton Sheen, to choose to do a daily hour of Adoration every day of his priesthood:

...She would never forget the day these men entered the classroom and screamed at the children demanding that they hand over any holy objects they had. The terrified children gave up their carefully hand-painted pictures of Jesus, Mary and the Saints. Then in a fit of anger, their Inspector pulled the Crucifix off the wall, threw it down on the ground and trampled on it screaming: “The New China will not tolerate these grotesque superstitions!”

Little Li, who loved her picture of the Good Shepherd so much, attempted to hide it in her blouse. It was the special image given to her for her First Holy Communion. But, a loud slap on her cheek sent her crashing to the floor. The Inspector called Li’s father and humiliated him before the children.

That same day, the police made a sweep of the village, and crammed all the inhabitants into the tiny Church. The Inspector ridiculed their beliefs and he told them they were tricked into believing that God is present in the tabernacle. The people watched with disbelief, as with a thundering voice, he ordered the soldiers to fire at the tabernacle. All together the people began to pray intensely because their Jesus was in the tabernacle.

In front of all them, he grabbed the ciborium and threw all the Sacred Hosts onto the tile floor. Stunned, the faithful turned their gaze away from this awful man and the sacrilegious act he had just carried out, all the time trying to hold back their tears. Little Li froze in horror.

Her innocent and righteous little heart bled for the Sacred Hosts strewn all over the ground. “Isn’t anyone going to help Jesus?” she wondered in amazement. The Captain continued his tirade of insults, interrupting his blasphemy only to let out his horrible laughter. Li wept silently.

“Now get out!” the inspector yelled. “And woe to anyone who returns to this den of superstition! He’ll answer to me!” Before they left, the Communists locked the priest in the large coal bunker in the church, where a small opening helped him to see through to the sanctuary where the Hosts lay strewn on the floor.

The church quickly emptied. When the communists left however, they did not pay any attention to the small girl who remained praying in the Church. It was Little Li. As well as Li, there were the angels who are always present around Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament to adore Him, and also there was Father Luke who observed, through the opening in his bunker, a beautiful, well dressed woman come into the church. She approached the little girl and comforted her, asking her if she would like to leave now with her. Li was very glad to do so and she broke into tears before they both left.

One month previously, foreseeing the takeover of the village, the parishioners had asked Father Luke, their priest from the Foreign Missions, to be careful. The soldiers appeared to have forgotten all about him when they left.

There was little the priest could do. However, feeling very upset at what had happened, there was still one thing he could do. He sank into prayers of atonement for the sacrileges committed against Jesus and suffered because he was not able to come to Jesus’ defence.

He prayed in anguish. “Stop this sacrilege! Lord Jesus!” Father hardly noticed the length of time he spent imprisoned. However, he did notice the arrival on the next day of the little girl who very silently came into the Church. Slowly, she made her way into the sanctuary and it was then that Father Luke saw her. He trembled: she could be killed at any moment! Unable to communicate with her, he could only watch and beg all the saints in Heaven to protect this child. He observed as she bowed for a moment and adored in silence, just as she had been taught to do in school.

Little Li stayed with Jesus in adoration for one whole hour, knowing that she was supposed to prepare her heart before receiving Him. Her hands joined together, she whispered a prayer to her Jesus who was so mistreated and abandoned. Father Luke never took his eyes off the young girl, and he continued to observe her as she lowered herself down on her knees, bent over, and with her tongue, took up one of the Hosts. She then remained there on her knees, eyes closed and in deep joy at having her Heavenly Friend within her.

Each second seemed an eternity to Father Luke. If only he could speak to her! However, his fear was gone when the young girl, with a gentle spring in her step, left the Church quietly and unnoticed.

Meanwhile, the Communists searched the entire village to rid it of anything holy, and this type of purging was going on right throughout the “New China.” The villagers stayed quietly and in fear in their bamboo homes and were terrified to venture out. Yet, every morning, Little Li slipped away to find her Living Bread in the church. Like on the first day, she repeated the same routine of spending one holy hour in adoration of her Friend Jesus. As before, she then took up one Host with her tongue and disappeared quietly. Father Luke, concerned for her safety, couldn’t understand why she didn’t take more than one. He knew exactly how many Hosts had been in the ciborium: there were thirty- two of them and surely she would be seen if she came in each of those days?

But, Li didn’t do that, as Sister had taught the children they could have only one Host per day and they were never to touch it except with the tongue. The little girl kept to all she had been taught because she knew just how precious the Host was: it was Jesus Himself really and truly present in it.

Father Luke was relieved when the last day came around. Today, Little Li would consume the last Host – her special Friend. At daybreak, she entered the church as usual and drew near to the altar. She knelt to the ground to pray very close to Jesus in the Sacred Host. Father Luke had to stifle a cry when a soldier suddenly appeared at the church door and aimed his gun at her. A single shot was heard, followed by laughter. The child immediately collapsed. Father Luke thought she was dead, but no! Grief stricken, he watched her struggle to crawl over to where the Host was, and could hardly believe his eyes when, in obvious pain, she put her tongue over the Sacred Host to receive her Jesus for the last time. She then drew her last breath and died: a true martyr’s death.

For a moment, the soldier simply looked as if trying to make sense of the terrible thing he just did. Then, he turned and rushed out of the church. However, it left the priest in a state of shock, but he knew what he must do next. The soldier returned and he released Father Luke and told him he was free to go. Without any hesitation, he rushed to the sanctuary to see the lifeless body of the little girl. As he knelt beside her, the soldier approached him and, by now saddened at what he saw he had done to a small child, said: “Sir, if in every town there was such a little girl, no soldier would ever fight for the Communists!”

Fortunately, Father Luke just had enough time to give little Li a decent burial. As he left the cemetery and walked along the road, a man approached and invited him into his car. He dropped him off at the border. The priest escaped death and was now free and, that is the very reason we know about the story of this beautiful young Chinese girl martyr today.

Little Li was dead, but not before she had ensured that Jesus would not be further desecrated. Though gone from this world, her memory still lives on as it did in the person of Archbishop Sheen, and in the countless millions of people worldwide that he, through her story, encouraged to pray a holy hour as often as possible before the Blessed Sacrament.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2019
    Jo M, Heidi, AED and 2 others like this.
  5. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

I have never heard this story. Thank you so much for sharing it.

AED and Mark Maiocco like this.
  6. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

I just found this video on the “Warning “....the New book. Thought you might like it.....

Byron, Lumena and Shae like this.
  7. Mark Maiocco

Mark Maiocco Archangels

Muzhik, thank you so much. I’ve never heard this before. It is such a powerful story and testament of faith. Out of the heart of a child!

AED likes this.
  8. AED

AED Powers

I heard this story from Bishop Sheen in one of his talks. It is so powerful to me. What beauty and grace and love and courage. Little Li pray for us!

Jo M, SgCatholic, Heidi and 2 others like this.
  9. Carol55

Carol55 Ave Maria

I also thought that Conchita looked up the saint's feast day in her calendar but there is the following so I am no longer certain about that story.

Bishop: ... You know, Conchita, that we are attracted to Garabandal because we love the Virgin. We know she utilizes humble people and means like at Lourdes and Fatima and other apparitions. It has been said that the Virgin told you the Miracle will be on a Thursday. Is this true?
    Conchita: Yes. The Virgin said it will be on a Thursday, and she also gave the day, month and year.
    Bishop: Are you sure? Did you check it on the calendar?
    Conchita: No, I didn't have to, because she told me the Thursday, the day, month and year.
    Bishop: I am so glad to hear this. I had been told that you knew it was to be a Thursday, and began to guess at the dates. But the Virgin told you the exact date, the exact month and the exact year. No one need have any doubts now. If everything in life were so perfectly clear there would be no problems. ...

Interviews with Conchita
    Interview was conducted in the early 1980s by Monsignor Francisco Garmendia, Auxiliary Bishop of New York
    GARABANDAL JOURNAL, March—April 2004​

Mary's child, Jo M, Sam and 1 other person like this.
  10. Mario

Mario Powers

Yes, it would be. Of course, just like the USA has particular feast days for its saints, such as Francis Cabrini on Nov. 13, Spain has its own special days, I'm sure.

O Mary conceived without sin, pray for us who have recourse to thee.

HeavenlyHosts likes this.
  11. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

You are right!

12. We will know the Miracle is coming because we will have lived through the warning. Plus Conchita will announce it 9 days prior

Conchita was told the date of the miricle, not the name of a saint. When she looked at the calendar she commented on the unusual name of the saint on that miricle day of the month.

Has the celebration date of saints changed since that day she looked at the calendar...yes. Years ago many were speculating that April 11th was the date (St. Stanisław) because it is an unusual name in Spain and the Miracle is claimed by some to be only in the month of April between 8-16. The problem is that his feast day was moved to April 11th from May 7th in 1969, AFTER the year Conchita would have seen the Saint's name.

This just illustrates the futility of trying to guess the year of the miricle and or warning. Feast days are moved. New saints are named.

We will know the Miracle will be coming within a year of the warning. We will all experience the warning prior to the Miracle.

13. Muzhik

Muzhik Powers

Just a quick correction: in the dialect used by Conchita et al, what is translated as "within a year" is better translated as "about a year". IOW, it could be anywhere from 10 months to 14 months after the Warning.

HeavenlyHosts likes this.
  14. Luan Ribeiro

Luan Ribeiro Powers

There was a time when I considered the possibility of the martyr being a saint of the Orthodox Church, as many consider that the great event of the Church on Miracle Day is the reunification of the Churches, but I have not found any Eucharistic martyr, unique to their worship. Knowing that Conchita looked at the martyr's date on the calendar, this totally rules out that possibility, but I still consider it possible that the miracle day event is reunification with the Eastern Orthodox Church.

Sam likes this.