GARABANDAL INFO & ANSWERS

Discussion in 'GARABANDAL LIBRARY' started by Glenn, Aug 18, 2017.

1. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

Mari-Loli's 3-day journal written on
    April 19-20-21, 1967.

Several years ago Julia Mazon, the mother of Mari-Loli, one of the four Garabandal visionaries, found some packed-away things long forgotten from the days of the apparitions and beyond. Among these precious objects was a journal Mari-Loli kept while making her retreat in Balmori, Spain, in April 1967. She was not quite 18 years old.

Loli's writings are so deeply profound... never before read or published by anyone but what shines through is her simplicity and sincerity in such a way they cannot but help to increase the spiritual life of one's soul. Her intense desire to be so completely united with the Lord through the Holy Virgin Mary, is so overwhelming that she manages to capture her most intimate thoughts as she takes pen in hand to record them. Never did it cross her mind that one day her writings would shine out with tremendous hope not only to those who profess and try to do the will of God and yet fall so many times but to all humanity particularly the youth in the world. Therefore, I feel compelled to share them with you during this point in time:

1st Day - Spiritual Exercises - April 19, 1967
    I am going to start my exercises in which our Lord and the most Holy Virgin will speak to me by means of Rev. Father Gustavo Morelos. I propose to listen with great love and confidence so that our Lord by these means will illuminate my life so I can walk down a righteous path. I desire that in these days of intense union with our Lord and the Blessed Virgin my spiritual ideas will become clear.

Virgin Mary, grant that I through these exercises I may learn to love you as you deserve and wish to be loved. Please don't forsake me not even for an instant. I am so weak that I immediately stumble and fall. Do not permit Oh Lord, that at the final judgment you will ask me to give an account and find my hands empty.

2nd Day - First Talk - Summary of the Talk Regarding Meditations - April 20, 1967
    In order to meditate well, it is necessary to keep your mind centered on the theme about which you are meditating because otherwise your imagination will wander to other things that have happened or you might want to do.

Oh Virgin Mary! Help me to be holy and carry the small crosses that you send me with joy and resignation, so that all that I do I will do for the love of your Holy Son and you.

Second Talk - "From Whom Do I Come?"
    To think that I am here because of an act of God's love towards me. This alone is enough for me to be good. So many beings in your imagination to whom you have not given life.

Oh Lord! Thank you so much for having chosen me. Help me Lord, so that I can do everything well, and in that way you will be pleased in having selected me.

Why Am I Here?
    Oh Lord! I know you have created me to be a saint. Help me to attain this title and try day by day to be more so, that my life may be a continuous act of love towards you. Lord, when I do not feel You near me, don't permit me to be dejected as I am now. Help me, otherwise I cannot have peace and interior joy.

Where Am I Going?
    I know Lord that I have to go toward You. Help me so that this idea becomes engraved in my soul. I know this because it has been made know to me through the Holy Church.

3rd Day - Horror of Sin! - April 21, 1967
    Lord do not permit me to lose the enormous grace you have given me due to an act of sin. May your grace increase in me each day more and more and may it never be taken away from my soul. It is so grand Lord, to think that you have a place for me in Heaven.

Oh Lord! Help me to acquire it. I know that with my efforts alone I would be unable to do it, but with Your great love which You have for me You aide me so that one day I shall be able to sit in Your celestial glory.

Resolutions
    At home do not get upset when nobody helps me with my homework, when I think it is not done properly. On the street, show myself agreeable with those who do me harm. This means humble myself so as not to belittle them. When I pray with God our Lord, the principal thing which is the fountain of all the other good acts must not be done routinely particularly when receiving Holy Communion during Holy Mass.

heyshepard, Carol55 and John T like this.
  2. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

TODAY IN GARABANDAL HISTORY APRIL 20 MARY LOLI MAZON DIED.
    Mari Loli Mazon LaFluer ( one of the 4 girls ) died on April 20,2009. She was only 59 years old. She suffered from Lupus and Scleroderma which ultimately caused fibrosis of her lungs. Loli died surrounded by her loving family and sister Sari (visiting from Spain at the time) .
    She lived in Massachusettes first,then moved to New Hampshire in 1982.At the time of her death, Loli had been married to her husband Francis for over 35 years. Mari loli had lupus, and her father had Brain cancer and died the night of her wedding. The life of a visionary is not an easy one, it is filled with sufferings that you never hear about. Remember her today in your prayers.
    mari loli.png

Carol55 and John T like this.
  3. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

4. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

October 13, 1963

Letter of Mari Loli to Fr. RetenagaL october 13, 1963: “I told the Virgin that one day I was going down the road and suddenly a man with long hair appeared to me in a long coat, and said to me, ‘I am hungry’. As I was carrying my lunch in my hand, I gave it to him and suddenly he disappeared without me knowing how. I was very frightened. And I said to her, ‘who was that man?’. And she smiled and didn’t tell me.”

“She went in haste to the mountain”, book 3, chap. 7

Billy Hill and John T like this.
  5. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

Garabandal and the Holy Shroud

Only after Father Eusebio Garcia de Pesquera had written his comprehensive book on Garabandal, SHE WENT IN HASTE TO THE MOUNTAIN, did it come to light that the Shroud was mentioned at Garabandal. It was during one of Conchita's ecstasies when the Blessed Virgin spoke to the visionary about the Sabana Santa (Spanish for Holy Shroud). Among the spectators at that ecstasy was the Marquesa de Santa Maria, an excellent witness, and it was from her that Prof. Jacques Serre learned what the Virgin said about the Shroud. The Marquesa heard Conchita repeat the words of Our Lady:

"It is the divine imprint of my Son."

Shroud1.jpg

6. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

MASS FOR PRAYER REQUESTS IN GARABANDAL

Every last Thursday of the month, the Pastor of Garabandal offers a Mass for prayer requests. You have a few days to send your request by Wednesday, so it arrives on time.

Requests sent using this form in Spanish ( below ) are received in the email address of the Parish.

Then printed and delivered every Thursday the Pastor, to be deposited in an urn at the foot of the altar , through the intercession of Our Lady of Carmel, before the Blessed Sacrament exposed in the Chapel of San Sebastian de Garabandal.

I have downloaded the English explanation, but you might want to use " Google Translate" or something like that to send your prayers in Spanish so they can read it.

PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE THE PRAYER REQUESTS HERE .

http://www.garabandalparroquia.com/en-union-de-oraciones

7. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

8. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

Descriptions of St. Michael the Archangel

Description of St. Michael the Archangel

June 23, 1961 – Fr. Ramon Andreu

(notebook #1 )

“During the first two weeks after June 18th, only the Angel appeared to the four girls.

The description that the girls make of the Angel is like this: He is nine years

old, does not carry a sword, he ordinarily smiles, and you can’t see his feet

because they are covered by a long white tunic. His wings are a pink color, and

you always see them from the front. As they appear they almost disappear from

the front. The Angel revealed his age and identity when he said that he was the

Archangel St. Michael.”

The Angel appeared to the children, wearing a blue tunic, with dark eyes and hair, a mat complexion, and "wings that looked as if they were made of fire," according to Conchita. "A very beautiful person, surrounded by a very strong light that did not hurt the eyes," the visionary again pointed out. According to Jacinta, "the Angel appeared to be nine years old, but 'very strong.' He looked like a young boy, but before him we felt great respect." We are almost certain now that the angel who appeared at Fatima was also St Michael. At Garabandal, we are sure of that, since on the following 2nd of July the girls learned his identity from Our Lady herself. [Excerpts from 'Garabandal' Book, page 28.]

I personally believe that he appeared young as to not intimidate or frighten the girls. Notice that even our Blessed Mother appeared as a 16 year old to them, and talked about simple events of their life , to put them at ease.

St. Michael.png

9. Mario

Mario Powers

I will certainly do so, Glenn; I have a loved one who suffers similarly.:love:

Safe Under Mary's Mantle!

10. Indy

Indy Praying

Its been on my mind a lot recently "When Communism will be at its worst" I am getting the feeling we will shortly see a few more events which will make this much more of a reality.

Billy Hill and Carol55 like this.
  11. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

John T, Mario and Carol55 like this.
  12. Mario

Mario Powers

Putin is ever ready to step in and present himself as an alternative to Trump. First this month in the Middle East and now in North Korea. This can only result in heightened tensions as Russia presents itself on the international stage as a level-headed alternative to the USA. I also worry about this because Trump's advisors, such as Bolton, are trigger happy!

Prayers!:notworthy:

Indy likes this.
  13. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

14. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

Mary on Obedience

The virtue of obedience is one of the greatest indicators for determining the authenticity of alleged apparitions. According to the Saints, it is the only virtue the devil cannot imitate (who, by his nature, is disobedient), and is therefore the hallmark of authentic apparitions. In the apparitions of Garabandal the examples of obedience are so numerous and varying, that one can say that it permeated from all facets of the girls' lives. Most notably, the Blessed Virgin instructed the children on the importance of obedience, especially to the Bishop. In fact, She told the children to obey the Bishop even before her; "She taught us to obey the Bishop before her." (Interview with Conchita, 1972). What is most striking, is even the Blessed Virgin Herself, in the apparitions, obeyed the commands of the bishop, as detailed in the account below;

Conchita, interview, 1973: "At the beginning, we used to go into the Church (editor's note; The Blessed Virgin often led the girls into a local church, where She would recite the Rosary together with them). But then the people, because they wanted to be first when we extended our arms, would make a big disturbance. So the bishop said we could not go into the church anymore. Then the Virgin, from the time the bishop said not to go into the church, never would let us in there again." Conchita recounts that, from that day forward, the Blessed Virgin no longer entered the Church, but instead remained outside.

The children learned from the example of the Virgin, and followed it themselves. The girls were not only obedient and docile to the bishops, but also to their parents, interrogations by doctors, physical exams, psychological tests, criticisms and slander, and so forth. They went along with everything imposed on them.

Joseph Pelletier notes; "This simple unquestioning obedience to the commission manifested by the girls on this occasion is typical of their attitude and conduct toward the Church and clergy all during the apparitions" (jp53)
    In 1965, in response to those eager to spread the message of Garabandal, Conchita writes; "This is agreeable to the Blessed Virgin. She is very pleased to have us work to spread the message. That is what She wants. But she wants us to obey the Church, for in this way we will give greater glory to God. She will provide time for the message to be spread with the permission of the Church." Six years later, Conchita expresses similar sentiments; "Reflect on this. If something is God's work, He will see that it triumphs in the best way over all obstacles. It is God who does everything. Sometimes He acts through us, but He can also bypass us to perform great miracles and prodigies. What we should do is sacrifice ourselves, be faithful in prayer and in the recitation of the Holy Rosary, and visit the Blessed Sacrament often." (jp181)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Very interesting quote from the Blessed Mother to Jacinta: "How many times do I have to tell you that you must obey your parents, even before obeying me? " - WOW

15. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

16. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

17. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

SIMILARITIES BETWEEN DIVINE MERCY AND GARABANDAL

Reprinted with kind permission from GARABANDAL JOURNAL July-August 2004

THE PASSION "Fix your gaze upon the Passion of my Son." --- Our Lady to Faustina (Diary, 449) "Think about the Passion of Jesus," --- Message of Our Lady, June 18, 1966
    APPEARANCE OF OUR LADY "I saw the Mother of God in a white garment and blue mantle with her head uncovered." (August 15, 1935) (Diary, 468)

"The Blessed Virgin appears with a white dress, blue mantle and a crown of small golden stars." [but no head covering] --- Conchita's Diary (On one occasion Our Lady appeared as above however without her crown.)

HUMILITY AND SIMPLICITY "I keep company with you as a child to teach you humility and simplicity." --- Our Lord explaining to Faustina why He sometimes appeared to her as the Child Jesus (Diary, 184)

"Love humility, simplicity." --- locution of Conchita with Our Lord, February 13, 1966

NOT FOR YOU ALONE "The graces I grant you are not for you alone, but for a great number of other souls as well." --- Our Lord to Faustina (Diary, 723)

"I have not come for you; I have come for everybody." --- Our Lord to Conchita, July 20, 1963

ABORTION "I was seized with such violent pains that I had to go to bed at once ... Jesus had me realize that in this way I took part in His Agony in the Garden, and that He Himself allowed these sufferings in order to offer reparation to God for the souls murdered in the wombs of wicked mothers." --- September 16, 1937 (Diary, 1276)

"Can you imagine how somebody could kill children in the womb without thereby killing the mother? ... Well, the Blessed Mother spoke about this and she let me know that this will happen with the overflowing of the chalice [of iniquity]." --- Conchita to Albrecht Weber of Germany, November 14, 1965.

HUMBLE AND PROUD "He [God] is well pleased only with the humble; He always opposes the proud." --- Our Lady to Faustina (Diary, 1711)

"What God loves most is humility; what most displeases Him is pride." --- Words of Our Lady at Garabandal as recounted by Conchita to Sister Maria Nieves in Burgos on April 19, 1967

COMMUNION FROM AN ANGEL "I saw at my bedside a Seraph who gave me Holy Communion ... This was repeated for thirteen days..." (Diary, 1676)

“The angel appeared to us with a goblet that looked like gold ... and then he gave us Holy Communion. He gave us Holy Communion over a long period of time." --- Conchita's Diary .

18. Billy Hill

Billy Hill New Member

I feel the foundation of widespread communism is addressed in this video:

Indy, Carol55 and Mario like this.
  19. Blizzard

Blizzard thy kingdom come

We often use this quote in reference to the extraordinary events of Garabandal and other apparitions.

Some may not know that it is from none other than Thomas Aquinas.

[​IMG]

Beth B and Carol55 like this.
  20. Mario

Mario Powers

In 1965, in response to those eager to spread the message of Garabandal, Conchita writes; "This is agreeable to the Blessed Virgin. She is very pleased to have us work to spread the message. That is what She wants. But she wants us to obey the Church, for in this way we will give greater glory to God. She will provide time for the message to be spread with the permission of the Church." Six years later, Conchita expresses similar sentiments; "Reflect on this. If something is God's work, He will see that it triumphs in the best way over all obstacles. It is God who does everything. Sometimes He acts through us, but He can also bypass us to perform great miracles and prodigies. What we should do is sacrifice ourselves, be faithful in prayer and in the recitation of the Holy Rosary, and visit the Blessed Sacrament often." (jp181)

One of my favorite Conchita quotes of all time!:love:

Safe in the Refuge of the Immaculate Heart!

Beth B and Carol55 like this.