GARABANDAL INFO & ANSWERS

Discussion in 'GARABANDAL LIBRARY' started by Glenn, Aug 18, 2017.

1. Glenn

Glenn Garabandal Expert

TODAY IN GARABANDAL HISTORY: September 24, 1962

“The girls live a life of true sacrifice. Conchita’s mother told me that she sleeps better in a chair than in her own bed now since she passes so much time sitting and waiting with us for the ecstasies. She sleeps supporting her head on the wall. The next day she goes to work, and so do the girls. They wash, clean, go to the river to do laundry, and continue with normal life. On Sundays they play in the road with the other girls from the village. We see them very little on the days when they work. They are very healthy and beautiful. They don’t show any signs of fatigue. They are very different from others in their character and their manner of acting. I asked them if they are friends, and they said that they were as good friends with each other as they were with the other girls in the village. What impresses me most is the way their faces change when they are in ecstasy.”

Fr. Valentin Marichalar Torres , Notebook #2 , September 24, 1962
    At rest.jpg

2. Glenn

Glenn Garabandal Expert

Conchita & Jesus’s comment on belief and approval of Garabandal
    Conchita: “ I would also like to say about Rome that there are people there who want to put too much pressure on the Church. I believe that it is better to leave it as it is, and to do what they can. They should try to speak about the Virgin’s Message, but the rest they should leave in God’s hands.”
    The Lord Himself said to me: “Don’t worry about whether they believe you or not, especially in Rome. I will do everything. “ “This is what I would like to say to all those who want for Rome and the Bishop to move ahead.”
    Conchita’s Interview with Monsignor Francisco Garmendia, Auxiliary Bishop of New York on the date in New York on August 27, 1981.

Reprinted in the GARABANDAL JOURNAL, March-April 2004

3. Glenn

Glenn Garabandal Expert

Why the late hour visitations ?
    When the children were asked why the Virgin came at such late hours, they answered that the Virgin told them that it was at that time most of the sins of the world were committed and that they should do penance... And for them it was a penance, and not the smallest, to stay up until the Virgin came to visit them, late in the night, or very early in the morning. They performed this penance because the Virgin wanted it and also because they wanted to see her again.
    From “Memoirs of Spanish country Priest” page 51

Francis Vincent likes this.
  4. Glenn

Glenn Garabandal Expert

THE MORNING OFFERING PRAYER
    “By reciting the beautiful Morning Offering daily, we can fulfill our Lady's request in her Garabandal message that we “make many sacrifices and do much penance”. The more faithful we are to our state in life, the more meritorious our day is before God and our Lady will take all of these merits and offer them to the Eternal Father in reparation for sins. My brothers and sisters, I often think of how many graces are being lost every day in hospitals and homes for the Aged that are literally factories of conversion because they are unaware of the value of the Morning Offering. How many mothers, fathers and young adults who are good people, do not say their Morning Offering and how many graces are slipping by them through the day? Everyone should know that through the Morning Offering we give the Graces we receive to Jesus, through Mary and thus we obtain the conversion of Sinners, free souls from Purgatory and strengthen our church.
    Joey Lomangino, GARABANDAL magazine , Jan.-March 1979 issue, page 4.

THE MORNING OFFERING PRAYER “ O Jesus, through the Immaculate heart of Mary, and in union with the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass being offered throughout the world, I offer you all my prayers, works, joys and sufferings of this day in reparation for the offenses committed against the Immaculate heart of Mary, for my sins, and the sins of the whole world. “

5. Glenn

Glenn Garabandal Expert

Pope John Paul I died today on September 28,1978. (only 33 days after being installed as Pontiff).
    Now I mention this with good reason. His passing actually caused one of the prophecy misunderstandings. When Conchita said there would be "3 more popes, until " the end of the times" she (and Mary )were not counting Pope John Paul I because of his short reign. Albrecht Weber, the author of the book “The Finger of God“, had become involved in Garabandal in 1963 and became friendly with Conchita. On November 14, 1965, the day after the last apparition of Our Lady in Garabandal, Mr. Weber interviewed Conchita at her home in the presence of her mother. There was also present with Mr. Weber an interpreter. During that interview, it came out that when Conchita had spoken, on the very day that Pope John XXIII died, of “Three more Popes and then would come "the end of the times,” (NOT the end of all time ) her mother had asked her several questions. In response to one of her mother’s questions, Conchita responded that Our Lady had actually said that there would be FOUR MORE POPES but that She was not counting one of them. When Conchita’s mother heard that she strictly forbade Conchita to repeat that again as her mother feared there would be erroneous interpretations and much gossip. People might wrongly believe that one of the Popes might be false or bad, etc. During that conversation with her mother, Conchita also said that Our Lady had told her that one of the Popes would have a very short reign. The 4 popes are Paul VI, John Paul I, John Paul II, Benedict XVI .

6. Glenn

Glenn Garabandal Expert

TODAY IN GARABANDAL HISTORY: SEPTEMBER 29, 1967:
    In the evening of the Feast of St. Michael, Conchita, preferring not to join this group in prayer, rather climbed up to the Pines with a few other persons. While the visionary and her friends knelt down in prayer, a star rose and remained above them during their whole prayer!
    [Excerpt from 'Garabandal' Book, J. Serre, page 214

Francis Vincent and Ang like this.
  7. Glenn

Glenn Garabandal Expert

3 Girls went into convents.
    Many people have commented over the years “ Why didn’t the girls go into the religious life, become Nuns after the apparitions ?

Most people don’t know that actually 3 of the 4 girls did enter convents ! Conchita, Jacinta, and Mari Loli did for a short time, then left for different reasons, and became boarding students instead. Mary Cruz did not go at all. On February 7,1966 Conchita (on her 17th birthday) enters the Discalced Carmelites Missionaries of Pamplona. On February 13,1966 she has a locution from Jesus, where he tells her this was not his wish to be here. Both Jacinta and Mari Loli were 16 at the time they decided to enter a convent. On September 30, 1965 they left for the Sisters of Charity of St. Ann, in the Aragon town of Borja. Jesus said to Conchita: “ I choose you in the world, that is, in the normal condition of the faithful, so that you would remain in it. “ I guess our Lord had other plans and vocations for the girls, to remain in the world, and not hidden away in a convent. How else would we know all that we do about the apparitions and messages.

Sources :
    “A decisive hour for Conchita” by Fr. Alfred Combe
    “Garabandal: Message of Hope”. Pg 227
    GARABANDAL JOURNAL JAN.-FEB. 2022 PGS 4-6

8. Glenn

Glenn Garabandal Expert

THIS DAY IN GARABANDAL HISTORY : OCTOBER 1, 1961:
    "THE BLESSED VIRGIN TOLD ME ONE THING . . . MORE IMPORTANT THAN ALL YOU [DON VALENTIN] HAVE WRITTEN UNTIL NOW."

First day and also first Sunday of the "month of the Holy Rosary" Conchita, at the end of a nocturnal ecstasy, told Don Valentin that she had just learned something from the Blessed Virgin which was far more important than anything that the pastor of Garabandal had been able to note until now. It dealt almost certainly with the future conversion of Protestants or Anglicans, according to what Conchita herself told Placido Ruiloba at that time: "Why do you criticize the Protestants, since 'soon' [better said 'without delay' ('pronto'), since that Spanish word does not in effect mean necessarily 'soon,' but rather the fact that an event will occur 'fast and unhindered'], we will be reunited (or "ONE" - comunes)". Our Lady would reveal gradually to the visionary the first element of a future "major Church event," that is, "the perfect Unity of all Christians at last being accomplished, the very "reunification of Churches" in the Unique Church of Christ! True she began revealing it, one might reasonably think, through the deceased Padre Luis, from August 15, 1961 on other people there. Kind of a prophetic preview and experience of the future worldwide AVISO? [The Warning].
    Excerpted from 'Garabandal' Book,by J. Serre, page 105
    [Photo] Pastor Don Valentin
    don VALENTIN.jpg

9. Glenn

Glenn Garabandal Expert

The Eucharist
    Our Lady's 1st Message of Garabandal :October 18, 1961-- "We must make many sacrifices, perform much penance, and visit the Blessed Sacrament frequently. "

2nd message: June 18, 1965- "Less and less importance is being given to the Eucharist. "

Conchita has said: “The Blessed Virgin told us that it is a greater grace to receive Jesus in Holy Communion than to see her.”

"I asked the girls why they went to the church so often, since it was closed (they were not allowed to enter it in ecstasy), and they answered candidly: BECAUSE THE VIRGIN LIKES TO GO NEAR THE PLACE WHERE HER SON JESUS IS. "-Luis Navas, eyewitness

Mary said to Conchita: "You should visit my Son in the tabernacle more often. Why do you let yourself be carried away by slothfulness so as not to visit Him? He waits for you day and night."

10. Glenn

Glenn Garabandal Expert

THE SUN DANCES AT GARABANDAL– October 3, 1972
    “ NEEDLES” magazine, Winter 1973 Issue , pages 19,20 By Fr. Joseph A. Pelletier

On 3 separate dates in 1972, people witnessed the Sun “dancing” in the skies of Garabandal. On May 24, 1972, June 8, 1972, and October 3, 1972. May 24, 1972 - “This happening is mentioned in the “NEEDLES” (Fall 1972 issue pg.24). The magazine quotes Marita Foley as follows: “On Wednesday May 24, while some 40 of our group were gathered together after the recitation of the rosary, the Salve Regina and other prayers, under the Pines, someone exclaimed “ Look at the Sun !, Look at the Sun ! “ We did so. And to our amazement the sun was spinning in a clock wise direction. ( The event took place at 6:30pm and lasted about a half an hour ).

Thank you to Tony Ambrosio for donating his "Needles" collection to me for our education and enjoyment.

11. Glenn

Glenn Garabandal Expert

Many people have asked me when the “Warning “ happens, will it happen to people of a certain age ? Here is Jacinta’s answer.

“THE WARNING: INTERVIEWS WITH THE SEERS” April 16, 1983
    ( Question to Jacinta)
    Q. When the Warning comes it will be seen and felt by everyone on earth. Does this include little children who have not yet reached the age of reason?
    A. Yes. That's why we felt sorry for them because it was such a terrifying experience.
    Q. Can you tell us anything about what the world will be like when the Warning comes?
    A. Bad.
    Garabandal magazine, July-September 1983.

12. Glenn

Glenn Garabandal Expert

OCTOBER 5 , 1930 JOEY LOMANGINO’S (earthly ) Birthday.

I could write pages of what an enormous blessing it was to meet Joey, first as a boy, and have a healing from the kissed medal on my legs, then 20 years later, and start working with him, becoming friends with him, getting to know his family, and all the spiritual lessons he taught me along the way, always with a smile and laughter. I treasured all 20 + years I knew him, and what makes me smile everyday is how all my pages has grown, knowing he is watching over me, and knowing his life's work of making Mary’s messages at “Garabandal” known around the globe, continues everyday here, with his blessing, since 2009. He was the greatest Apostole of Garabandal.

I once asked Joey, “ what was your greatest blessing in life ? “ ( thinking to myself well maybe it’s meeting Padre Pio, Conchita, the messages of Garabandal, his family ). He said “ my blindness “. A little dumbfounded I said “ why ” ? “Because if I had never been blinded , I never would have probably been saved” . He taught me one lesson after another. He saw through “spiritual eyes”, Your soul and its final destination , that should be our focus and aim in life. Thank you and may God bless you Joey with eternal rest in his kingdom. Mother A..jpg

Francis Vincent, Sam, Ang and 2 others like this.
  13. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

Amen. Beautiful tribute.

Glenn and Prayslie like this.
  14. Glenn

Glenn Garabandal Expert

October 6, 2002, SAINT JOSE MARIE ESCRIVA AND GARABANDAL
    On October 6, 2002, Pope John Paul II canonized the founder of Opus Dei in St Peter’s Square, Rome, in the presence of more than 300,000 people from all round the world.

The link between St Josemaría Escrivá de Balaguer with the Garabandal apparitions is not well known. In the summer of 1962 he spent a few days of holiday in Suances, Cantabria, during which he visited Garabandal, accompanied by several young men , members of Opus Dei. He spoke cheerfully and profoundly to the girls, an experience they still recall fondly after all these years. As it happens, news of this visit came out by chance years later when somebody showed the girls a prayer picture for God’s favour through his intercession, printed during his canonization. It was then that the girls joyfully recounted the meeting. He would not have risked his reputation if he did not believe in the apparitions,and tell others about his trip to talk to the girls. This was also confirmed by Mother Nieves.

Francis Vincent likes this.
  15. Glenn

Glenn Garabandal Expert

TODAY IN GARABANDAL HISTORY: OCTOBER 7,1962 FEAST OF OUR LADY OF THE HOLY ROSARY AT GARABANDAL
    The young visionaries, in ecstasy, cried out in unison: "Viva Santo Domingo que lo (i.e. el "Rosario") ha fundado!" ("Long live St. Dominic who 'founded' the Rosary") as they were reciting the rosary. This feast of our Lady of the Holy Rosary was highlighted by the magnificent ecstasy of Conchita who ran through the village, while singing the rosary for more than an hour. According to the visionary “ the rosary is a very important part of the Message of Our Lady at Garabandal”.
    * On that day as well, the Blessed Virgin kissed Loli’s Missal , page by page.
    Excerpted from 'Garabandal' Book, J.Serre, page 106

Francis Vincent and Juanita like this.
  16. Glenn

Glenn Garabandal Expert

OCTOBER 8, 1962
    MARI-LOLI AND JACINTA LEARN ABOUT THE COMING OF A VERY GREAT MIRACLE.
    After a month of deprivation because of a new disobedience to her parents, Jacinta began to have ecstasies again. On this October 8, 1962, the two visionaries especially learned of the coming of the future great Miracle that would prove the authenticity of the Messages and the "events" occurring at San Sebastian de Garabandal.
    From 'Garabandal' Book, by J. Serre, page 151

Carmel333 and Francis Vincent like this.
  17. Glenn

Glenn Garabandal Expert

"A Foot Race", A story from Serafin Gonzalez ( Conchita's Brother )
    “On one occasion, a boy who was a good athlete arrived and said: ‘No one can beat me in a race. No girl can beat me.’ One of the girls had an ecstasy and set off running, and this boy ran after her. It was clear that the Blessed Virgin wasn’t trying to outrun him in the race, but at this point the girl was running at such a speed right toward the wall of a house that the boy thought: ‘If this is not from God, this girl will kill herself running into that wall.’ The boy had to stop to give him time to slow down, but the girl continued running without stopping until she reached the wall, and then she stopped in an instant. She said to the Blessed Virgin: ‘Oh, it is so he will believe…!’ The boy heard this and believed, since it was not humanly possible to stop in an instant at that speed.”
    Serafin (2).jpg

18. Glenn

Glenn Garabandal Expert

I will be off line from Tuesday -Friday this week. I will return to posting on Saturday.

19. Byron

Byron Powers

20. Glenn

Glenn Garabandal Expert

Byron likes this.