GARABANDAL INFO & ANSWERS

Discussion in 'GARABANDAL LIBRARY' started by Glenn, Aug 18, 2017.

1. Mario

Mario Powers

Here I am, Dear Lady!

2. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

MASS FOR PRAYER REQUESTS IN GARABANDAL

Every last Thursday of the month, the Pastor of Garabandal offers a Mass for prayer requests. You have a few days to send your request by Wednesday, so it arrives on time.
    Requests sent using this form in Spanish ( below ) are received in the email address of the Parish.
    Then printed and delivered every Thursday the Pastor, to be deposited in an urn at the foot of the altar , through the intercession of Our Lady of Carmel, before the Blessed Sacrament exposed in the Chapel of San Sebastian de Garabandal.
    I have downloaded the English explanation, but you might want to use " Google Translate" or something like that to send your prayers in Spanish so they can read it.

SOME CELL PHONES WILL NOT CONNECT, YOU MAY HAVE TO USE A COMPUTER
    PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE THE PRAYER REQUESTS HERE ON MY PAGE.

http://www.garabandalparroquia.com/en-union-de-oraciones

3. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

PADRE PIO'S BELIEF IN GARABANDAL
    Joey Lomangino’s recall of the when he talked to Padre Pio: “We made arrangements to come back again that same day and greeted Padre Pio in the cloister. When we knelt down, we said to him, “Padre Pio, is it true that the Virgin is appearing to the four girls of Garabandal?” And he said, “Yes.” We said, “Padre Pio, should we go there? He said, “Yes, why not?” And that’s how it happened. Because I received the assurance from Padre Pio that the Virgin was appearing and that he permitted me to go, then I wasn’t afraid and I went. “
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Saint (Padre) Pio affirms Garabandal to a PH.D in confession.
    Joachim Bouflet,PH.D. went to Padre Pio for confession in July of 1968. Padre Pio told him "Pray to the Madonna. Consecrate yourself to the Virgin of Carmel." "Yes, Padre, I pray to Our Lady of Mount Carmel. For that matter, I would like to become a Carmelite." He didn't comment on this but repeated with insistence, "Consecrate yourself to the Virgin of Carmel who appeared at Garabandal."
    Bouflet:"So it's true?"
    Padre Pio : "Certo e vero!" ("Yes, it's true!")
    “Fr. Pelletier -“Our Lady comes to Garabandal” page 219
    “While he was living, the same Padre Pio guaranteed the authenticity of the apparitions of the Blessed Virgin. He met Conchita at San Giovanni Rotondo. Even during the last days of his life he talked about this to his brothers in religious life and left a personal message for the principle personage of the apparitions.
    From the book “The Final Hour “ page 141
    On the topic of Padre Pio ‘s belief in Garabandal:
    “Asked on another occasion about its authenticity, he answered curtly,
    ”How many times must she appear there to be believed ? “
    From the book “Thunder of Justice “ page 163 : An incident which confirms Padre Pio’s belief in Garabandal occurred early in 1966. Conchita, who was only 16 years old, was visiting Rome with her mother and Fr. Luna. She had been invited by Cardinal Ottaviani, Prefect of the Sacred Congregation for the Doctrine of Faith. During the visit, Conchita met privately with Padre Pio. On this occasion, he took Conchita’s hand and her crucifix that Our Lady had kissed in Garabandal and held them both in his own two hands. The crucifix had passed through the hands of the child Jesus, during the apparition of November 13,1965.
    Upon Padre Pio’s death in 1968 ,his close friend Father Bernardino Cennamo,was instructed to give Conchita several of his personal items. The priest gave Conchita one of the three veils that covered Padre Pio's face during his wake, saying that the stigmatist had requested this before he died. Conchita also was given Padre Pio's rosary, and one of the gloves he wore, stained by his stigmata.
    Conchita recounts: “I had the veil in front of me, as I was writing later that evening. When suddenly the whole room became filled with fragrance, the perfume so strong I started to cry.”
    The Emotion of Padre Pio about Conchita and his own words : Poor Conchita as she has suffers ... Loving the Blessed Virgin Mary with all his heart, belong to Her and working for Her, Our Lady of Garabandal, She is the one who has set her foot on the Mountain ... She is the Star on the Mountain (Father Laffineur has used Padre Pio words to call his own book “She is the Star on the Mountain) ...Padre Pio also added, We must support the seers of Garabandal……
    March 3, 1962 ( Padre Pio wrote the girls a letter
    "My Dear Children,
    "At nine o'clock this morning the Holy Virgin told me to say to you: 'O Blessed young girls of San Sebastian de Garabandal! I promise you that I will be with you until the end of the centuries, and you will be with Me during the end of the world and later, united with Me in the Glory of Paradise.'
    Padre Pio continued:
    I am sending you a copy of the Holy Rosary of Fatima, which the Virgin told me to send you. The Rosary was composed by the Virgin and should be propagated for the salvation of sinners and preservation of humanity from the terrible punishments with which the good God is threatening it. I give you only one counsel: PRAY and get others to pray, because the world is at the beginning of perdition.
    They do not believe in you or in your conversations with the Lady in White. BUT THEY WILL BELIEVE YOU WHEN IT WILL BE TOO LATE"
    Padre Pio's visit to Garabandal in bilocation!
    Conchita had written to Padre Pio requesting his advice on various subjects that concerned her, and before the letter had time to reach San Giovanni Rotondo, a group of Padre Pio's spiritual children composed of five Italians, one Frenchman, one Canadian, one Filipino and a Belgian priest, visit her in Garabandal, announcing to her the visit of Padre Pio to respond directly to her questions.
    Then, on October 10, 1967, through a phenomenon of bilocation (the capacity of one person to be present in two places at the same time), Padre Pio's visit to Conchita took place at her house, where he was about an hour . She can see his figure, unmistakable habit, hear his voice, kiss his hands and notice the penetrating and characteristic perfume that comes out of his wounds.
    During his visit, he said among other things that he had been in Garabandal four times and, as proof of the authenticity of his presence, he writes in a letter in Aramaic the phrase "in union of prayers" and signed P Pio.
    Note: It must be reported that Padre Pio never left during his entire religious life, from the Convent in San Giovanni Rotondo, Italy. His visit to Garabandal only happened by the process of bilocation that only happen to some saints. 10-10-67
    Retrieved from the book "Garabandal 67, spiritual chronicle of a year"

4. Richard67

Richard67 Powers

Powerful Rosary from Garabandal by the director of the Rosary Network.org in memory of his late wife Maria Blanca:

5. Carol55

Carol55 Ave Maria

Hi Glenn, Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family and to all MOG members and their families.

I saw this news story today https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-59363256 or https://www.businessinsider.com/cov...cross-europe-over-winter-restrictions-2021-11 and I thought of "hostilities breaking out in Europe".

The following story could possibly be related also, if the speculators are correct.

https://www.militarytimes.com/flash...ry-ukraine-defense-intelligence-agency-chief/

Only God knows, of course. +

Glenn and Mario like this.
  6. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

Conchita’s Locution with Jesus regarding Heaven ( July 20, 1963 )
    **Conchita- Will I go to heaven? **
    And He answered me:
    Jesus - You should love much and pray to Our Hearts.
    C- When will You give me a Cross?
    J- What will I be? [This is another of Conchita’s worries—her destiny. That is,to discern the designs God has for her life. For awhile now, she has been questioning whether she has a religious vocation, and she frequently asks the apparition about it, but—according to her own words—the Virgin has never responded in the affirmative.
    In the same way, during this locution Our Lord keeps his silence when asked the question “What will I be?” Conchita has always received confirmation of her suffering and of the cross, wherever she is.]
    He didn’t answer me. He only told me that everywhere that I would be, I would have much to suffer.
    I said to Him:
    C- Am I going to die soon?
    J- You have to stay on earth to help the world. [This seems to be a clear announcement of a “concrete” vocation; it is a call to live in the world and not in a convent].
    And I said to Him:
    C- I am very small. I couldn’t help in anything.
    J- With your prayers and sufferings, you will help the world.
    C- When does one go to heaven? When one dies? [This question seems rather childish. Conchita’s lack of education makes some of her questions seem simple, as though they don’t correspond to her age. In contrast, the response is profoundly astonishing.]
    J- One never dies. (I thought that we didn’t go to heaven until we were resurrected).
    C- I asked Him if St. Peter was at the gate of heaven to receive us. He told me” no.”

“Memoirs of a Spanish Country Priest” pg. 60

Personal note : If a young visionary girl like Conchita isn't guaranteed Heaven, we have a lot of work to do..

7. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

I am posting "The Message of Garabandal" on "facebook" in 9 different languages. English, Spanish, Portuguese, Filipino, Italian, French, Polish and Japanese, & Russian !
    So if you know of anyone who needs to hear Mary's messages, in one of these languages, please send me a PM (private message), and I will give you a link to the facebook page for that language.
    THANK YOU AND GOD BLESS YOU!

Last edited: Dec 1, 2021 at 1:11 AM
  8. Praytherosary

Praytherosary AGE 22 Penace penace penace

Dear Glenn I have a few questions if you dont mind.
    This is off topic a little but im a cna and i was wandering what kind of nurse Conchita was.
    like a rn or lpn.

Also
    Im not sure if its ok but i wander if its ok to think what the miracle may look like. What do you think?

Maybe i need to save up some money so when she announced 8 days before i should maybe book a flight to garabandal its gonna be packed probaly. I probably wont find a hotel in garabandal.

Thank you and God bless

9. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

THE MORNING OFFERING PRAYER

Our Blessed Mother said in Garabandal on October 18th, 1961,
    "We must make many sacrifices, perform much penance, and visit the Blessed Sacrament frequently. But first, we must lead good lives. "

In 1945 Jesus told Lucia, the seer of Fatima, "The sacrifice and penance I now seek and require is the fulfillment of your state in life and the observance of my laws." Whatever your state in life may be you can sanctify all your daily actions if upon arising you recite sincerely the morning offering prayer. Through the "Morning Offering of Reparation" every act you do becomes a sacrifice. The word "sacrifice" means to make "holy." Once you have made your morning offering you make "holy" every act you do throughout the day. Whatever trial God permits to pass your way during the day becomes a penance — whether it be work, bad weather, rebellious children, sickness in the family, tight economic conditions or misunderstandings by relatives or friends. All these sacrifices and penances obtain graces the Blessed Virgin needs for the conversion of sinners.
    Padre Pio said it best, "If you knew the value of suffering, you wouldn't give it up."

O Jesus, through the Immaculate heart of Mary, and in union with the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass being offered throughout the world, I offer you all my prayers, works, joys and sufferings of this day in reparation for the offenses committed against the Immaculate heart of Mary, for my sins, and the sins of the whole world.

10. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

That was a long time ago, and I dont really remember what title she had ( not that it is of any importance). I don't think abut the "Miracle" at all, I am more concerned about informing people that the Warning & the Miracle are coming, and they are unprepared, or unaware of both.

11. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

Today in Garabandal History : NOVEMBER 25, 1962
    Some new explanations were given Conchita about new circumstances of the future Miracle: "It will occur at 8:30 p.m." (Spanish time), "on a Thursday," truly a Eucharistic and priestly day, also a day, par excellence, of the Unity of Christians. Indeed, it was on the evening of the Last supper in the Upper Room, that Christ addressed His sublime prayer to God; "Father, that they may all be One, as You are in Me and I am in You" (John 17: 21). There are so many corresponding details - but there are others! - that lead us to think that the "D" day might "fall" on a Holy Thursday. This intuition seemed all the more valid since we know that the "D" day will fall in the month of . . . April and, to repeat it, on a very special "Thursday," although we now know that it will not be a Holy Thursday! Conchita also said that: "the Miracle will last about a quarter of an hour; it will be seen in heaven, so clearly or in such an obvious way that there will no longer exist any doubts about the existence of God and His love for mankind." "The sick present at Garabandal, the place of the Miracle, will be healed."
    Finally, Conchita "will announce the date eight days prior to the Miracle." Again, according to the visionary, "it will be the greatest Miracle that Jesus will ever have performed for the world."
    [From 'Garabandal' Book, by Jacques Serre, page 159]
    *Conchita will announce the 8 day notice of the Mirace on all my language pages.

12. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

TODAY IN GARABANDAL HISTORY NOVEMBER 25,1966
    Notes recorded by Mother Nieves ( the directress of Conchita's college ) "Conchita's Recollections"
    " I remember that my village made me suffer. I felt as if imprisoned in it. I acted by the command of others who constantly advised me, Go to Mass , . . Pray the rosary . . . Do this , . . Give up that ... At times I thought I would be happy to be in a hermitage away from everyone, and to work there alone for God, and see what I was capable of doing without their forever telling me."

And you wonder why she moved to America.

Dusica likes this.
  13. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

For those new members who would like a brief but detailed explanation of the Marian Apparitions at Garabandal,Spain (or to share this with family or friends who don’t know about Garabandal) a short video by actor Ricardo Montalban.

14. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

CONCHITA ON PENANCE
    On the 4th of November1961, just 15 days after the publication of the first message, the Virgin commends a new task to the children: to start getting up early to pray the Rosary at dawn in the Calleja everyday. “Jacinta and Mari Cruz went at six in the morning” Conchita writes,”but she (The Lady) told me to go at five in the morning, and I did, because the Virgin always wants us to do penance”.
    From: “Garabandal: Message of Hope” Fr. L. Saavedra, pg. 144

Why the late hour visitations ?

When the children were asked why the Virgin came at such late hours, they answered that the Virgin told them that it was at that time most of the sins of the world were committed and that they should do penance... And for them it was a penance, and not the smallest, to stay up until the Virgin came to visit them, late in the night, or very early in the morning. They performed this penance because the Virgin wanted it and also because they wanted to see her again.
    From “Memoirs of Spanish Priest” pg 51

15. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

16. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

Mari Loli Mazon: “the Warning and Miracle are within the same year”!

We’ve all heard that Mari Loli once said that the Warning was “within a year” of the Miracle. But in a later interview he gave a more accurate and clear answer… ”in the same year“!
    July 27, 1975 Interview with Mari Loli magazine “Needles”.
    Question. You said you knew the year of the Warning. Can you tell us if this will happen in the next few years or is it still in the distant future?
    Answer. Nothing. I'm speechless.
    Question. Did the Dear Mother tell you not to talk about the Warning?
    Answer. No, he didn’t, but, since the Warning and the Miracle were in the same year, I feel inside not to say anything.
    Question. How do you know that the Warning and the Miracle are in the same year? "
    Answer. In an apparition — I just can’t remember when — the Blessed Virgin told me.

This interview was republished in "Garabandal International" magazine October-December 2004

17. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

Today in Garabandal History NOVEMBER 28, 1963:
    For the second time this month, when the locutions began, each of the two visionaries was unaware that her companion was going through the same spiritual experience
    CONCHITA'S AND MARI-LOLI'S LOCUTIONS
    The Blessed Virgin spoke to the two visionaries about Felipe Sobrado, a priest martyr of the Spanish Civil War, and whose remains were transferred to the church of Pontejoz, on November 18, 1963 precisely. "He will not be canonized, but through his intercession God will perform miracles" said the Blessed Virgin of Mount Carmel to Conchita.
    The locutions always came when Conchita and Loli were praying. The most important ones were given them at the church after they had received Holy Communion.
    [Excerpted from 'Garabandal' Book, page 179]

18. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

Today in Garabandal history : November 29,1966
    (A foreshadowing of Mary's future prediction of "many priests are on the road to perdition " )

Notes recorded by Mother Nieves ( the directress of Conchita's college ) "Conchita's Recollections"
    Conchita: " I remember a young priest of the Heart of Mary, to whom I wanted to give the crucifix to kiss, drew back, and weeping said, I am not worthy, I am not worthy . . . When I had finished seeing the Virgin, I went up to him and, apart from everyone, communicated to him what she had told me. He wants to take off the habit and leave the congregation. On hearing this, he began to cry again. I've never seen him since."
    “She went in haste to the Mountain” Book 2 Chapter 3, pg. 96

19. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

WALKING BACKWARDS IN ECSTASY

The Girls always watched the Virgin Mary as they walked, sometimes forward and sometimes backward over the rocky cow paths. The walking backward especially at night (which is more impressive) has been suggested as diabolical by opponents of Garabandal. This was a ridiculous desperate accusation hoping to discredit the apparitions, when in fact ,the girls always walked backwards away from the blessed sacrament, rather than turning their backs on it, especially when they carried crucifixes and recited the rosary while walking ! (Demonic people don’t carry crucifixes and recite the rosary)

These ecstatic marches were obviously not a diabolical sign but instead, the opposite, another Heavenly sign of authenticity of the apparitions, a reminder to always do a daily rosary, and a sign of respect before the Blessed Sacrament.

.@ 3:15 of video, walking backwards over the rocks at night

Sean Dowling likes this.
  20. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

GIFTS FROM SAINT PIO TO CONCHITA

On September 23, 1968, Conchita met in Lourdes a close friend of Padre Pio, the father of Bernardino Chennamo. Padre Pio wanted to leave some of his personal belongings to Conchite after his death. He left her with his rosary, one of the 3 veils that covered his face after his commemoration, and one of his bloody gloves. This act of friendship tells me a lot about how close they were and how much he believed in Conchita and the ghosts of Garabandal.

Back home, Conchita decided to write about the incident to a friend in Madrid. This is from Conchita's interview with NEEDLES magazine in 1975:

“When I was writing the letter, there was a cloth in front of me, when suddenly the room was filled with aroma. I have heard about scents from Padre Pio, but I never paid attention to them. The whole room was filled with such a strong smell of perfume that I cried. I experienced it for the first time after his death. "