GARABANDAL INFO & ANSWERS

Discussion in 'GARABANDAL LIBRARY' started by Glenn, Aug 18, 2017.

1. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

GARABANDAL & FATIMA

I feel ,as many do, that Garabandal is the continuation of Fatima. At Garabandal, Saint Michael first appeared to the visionaries in the evening (8:30 P.M.) of June 18, 1961, exactly 40 years to the day as Fatima’s Lucia on her last day in Aljustrel before leaving for the convent school. That evening, having left her home and paying a last visit to the Cova da Iria, she is said to have seen Our Lady standing at a spot now occupied by the lower steps of the Basilica.

In the sixth apparition at Fatima on October 13, 1917, during the tableaux of visions during the Miracle of the Sun, Our Lady appeared as Our Lady of Mount Carmel with the scapular on her wrist. On July 2, 1961, the Virgin appeared at Garabandal as Our Lady of Mount Carmel with a large brown scapular draped over her right arm.

When Our Lady appeared at Fatima in 1917 she did something she had not done before: she addressed messages specifically to the entire world. While she appeared again after Fatima at Beauraing (1932-33) and Banneux (1933), she did not speak to the world at either of those places. But at Garabandal we again find this universal appeal. Although Fatima and Garabandal are separate events there is continuity in the revelations and similarities in features of the events not found among the other visits of Our Lady during the Marian Age. It is interesting to note that the 3rd secret was supposed to be released after 1960, and when it was not, Mary appeared at Garabandal in 1961.

See how the world did not heed Mary's Fatima warnings, so she stated them more profoundly at Garabandal.

2. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

TODAY IN GARABANDAL HISTORY SEPTEMBER 17, 1961:

A DISCREET "PRESENCE" OF ST. FRANCIS OF ASSISI!

Here again, we set the following scene approximately on this Sunday, then also the Feast of the "Stigmata of St. Francis of Assisi": Conchita, in ecstasy, is holding in her hand her small crucifix which appeared then to witnesses as "surrounded by a brilliant light."
    [Excerpted from 'Garabandal' Book, J. Serre, page 105]

Francis Vincent likes this.
  3. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

SAINT (POPE) PAUL VI : QUOTES ON GARABANDAL

After meeting Conchita in Jan.1966 he said:
    “ Conchita, I bless you and with me the whole church will bless you “.

Pope Paul VI had shown a very special interest in the apparitions. At an audience given to Fr. Xavier Escalda, S.J., the latter mentioned there were many opponents of the apparitions even amongst his own people. His Holiness promptly rejoined:

"It doesn't matter; tell these gentlemen that it is the Pope who has said that it is most important and most urgent to make these messages known to the world."

Father Escalada explained his work in spreading the message of Garabandal in Mexico and the Pope Paul VI encouraged him to continue saying: "These messages must be made known." Father Escalada asked the Pope for his permission to continue promoting Garabandal and the Pope said “YES”. Pope Paul VI said :
    "It is the most beautiful story of humanity since the days of Christ. It is like a second life of the Virgin on earth. And we can never be grateful enough for it."

, "Jacinta, I am with you, but we have to pray much and have much patience . . : it. is necessary to pray that the Church will become aware of the importance of Garabandal."

In June 1969, Pope Paul sent his personal blessing to Difurora Mariana of Mexico, along with the gift of a crucifix for every member of the Garabandal Centre there, encouraging them to continue promoting the messages of Garabandal.

Francis Vincent likes this.
  4. Blizzard

Blizzard thy kingdom come

I don’t know if this is relevant but Rene Laurentin, perhaps the greatest mariologist of our time (recently deceased) was also a firm believer. As was Yves Dupont who wrote the famous book “Catholic Prophecy “ in the 1960s. DuPont heard of Garabandal soon afterwards and immediately believed, though he lived in Australia and details were sketchy, penning a couple of interesting articles on the apparitions.

Beth B and Glenn like this.
  5. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

6. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

GARABANDAL : THE EYE WITNESSES VIDEO

7. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

Oh yes….how heaven is displaying it’s just anger. These are only small chastisements…. Bigger ones are coming. God have mercy.

8. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

TODAY IN GARABANDAL HISTORY SEPTEMBER 19, 1962:

"COMMUNISM" IS MENTIONED AGAIN . . .
    ON THIS ANNIVERSARY DAY OF THE
    "APPARITIONS OF LA SALETTE"

Mari-Loli and Jacinta again mentioned the theme of communism. A theme suited to the occasion on this anniversary of the apparition of the Blessed Virgin Mary at La Salette, on September 19, 1846. We know that certain elements of Melanie's famous secret indeed concerned the great evil of communism that was then soon to begin to spread more and more throughout the world . . .

As they came out of their ecstasy, the two visionaries did not want to disclose Our Lady's words: these were certainly related to the very difficult period of time of the Pre-Aviso( pre-warning) . It was only in 1978 that Mari-Loli and Jacinta confirmed the fact that Mary had really spoken to them of communism and had done so on more than one occasion.
    [From 'Garabandal' Book, J. Serre, page 150]

loli-jac.png

Beth B likes this.
  9. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

10. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

11. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

Conchita’s Diary note to Jesus
    From “Conchita’s Diary “ Chapter 14 (1963, age14 )

“I would like to visit you more. I want to be your little light that calls and lights up for you and grows brighter to give light to souls that want to come where you are. I also want to be the part within the door of the tabernacle so I can be more united with You. I want to be so much, but I am nothing, nothing, nothing. But since I am the daughter of Mary, the Mother of God, I am redeemed with the Blood of Christ Crucified, and because of that I am something.” 1963 Serifin (2).jpg

Beth B likes this.
  12. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

The Vision of the Sacred Heart, Interview with Father Benac
    On December 23, 1978, Jacinta was interviewed by the Jesuit missionary Father Francisco Benac at his home in California. Here are some excerpts from this conversation:

Father Benac: I have read some articles in which you report that you have seen the Sacred Heart of Jesus. Please tell me how it all happened.
    Jacinta: I remember that this happened on a day in which the four of us climbed a little higher above the zone of the "calleja", that is, above where the Angel had appeared to us for the first time. No one, a girl from our village, followed us on that day too. Suddenly, the other three fell into ecstasy and the Angel came. At that moment I was behind, and I saw them in ecstasy, and I said, "But I see nothing." Suddenly I saw the Sacred Heart of Jesus that impressed me greatly. He did not tell me, however, His gaze came to the deepest place in my heart.
    Father Benac: What impressed you most?
    Jacinta: His eyes, all his appearance, his eyes that arrived well inside my heart in an inexplicable way.
    Father Benac: What did you think at that moment?
    Jacinta: Oh, Father, this vision of the Heart of Jesus has been etched for ever, though I have never seen Him again. Whenever I remember His vision, I feel that infinite Love that came to my heart that day.
    Part of the group of pilgrims who went up to Garabandal. Being in Navarrete, place that has a beautiful Baroque Church, we asked Jacinta to describe to us the vision of the Sacred Heart. Jacinta, in the center of the picture, dressed in black, with her husband, Jeff, right in front of him. His daughter, Maria, is the third to count from the left.

Father Benac: Do you still feel it?
    Jacinta: Oh yes! Whenever I see His image or speak of Him, as I do now, I feel Him within me in a way that I can not explain.
    Father Benac: When you have been and have passed through the time of doubt, have you also doubted this vision?
    Jacinta: No, Father. This vision always remained alive in my mind. It's something I've never doubted.
    Father Benac: Has this vision led you to love God more? Do you think He wanted something special from you?
    Jacinta: I can not answer that because He did not tell me. However I feel my heart much closer to Him from that moment on.
    Jacinta: I remember that this happened on a day in which the four of us climbed a little higher above the zone of the "calleja", that is, above where the Angel had appeared to us for the first time. No one, a girl from our village, followed us on that day too. Suddenly, the other three fell into ecstasy and the Angel came. At that moment I was behind, and I saw them in ecstasy, and I said, "But I see nothing." Suddenly I saw the Sacred Heart of Jesus that impressed me greatly. He did not tell me, however, His gaze came to the deepest place in my heart.
    Father Benac: What impressed you most?
    Jacinta: His eyes, all his appearance, his eyes that arrived well inside my heart in an inexplicable way.
    Father Benac: What did you think at that moment?
    Jacinta: Oh, Father, this vision of the Heart of Jesus has been etched for ever, though I have never seen Him again. Whenever I remember His vision, I feel that infinite Love that came to my heart that day.
    Part of the group of pilgrims who went up to Garabandal. Being in Navarrete, place that has a beautiful Baroque Church, we asked Jacinta to describe to us the vision of the Sacred Heart. Jacinta, in the center of the picture, dressed in black, with her husband, Jeff, right in front of him. His daughter, Maria, is the third from left.

Father Benac: Do you still feel it?
    Jacinta: Oh yes! Whenever I see His image or speak of Him, as I do now, I feel Him within me in a way that I can not explain.
    Father Benac: When you have been and have passed through the time of doubt, have you also doubted this vision?
    Jacinta: No, Father. This vision always remained alive in my mind. It's something I've never doubted.

13. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

The great believer and defender of Garabandal!
    Anniversary of PADRE PIO'S LAST MASS, SEPT. 22,1968

Last edited: Sep 22, 2021
  14. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

TODAY WE CELEBRATE THE FEASTDAY OF ST. PADRE PIO ! SEPTEMBER 23RD.

PADRE PIO'S BELIEF IN GARABANDAL :

Joey Lomangino’s recall of the when he talked to Padre Pio: “We made arrangements to come back again that same day and greeted Padre Pio in the cloister. When we knelt down, we said to him, “Padre Pio, is it true that the Virgin is appearing to the four girls of Garabandal?” And he said, “Yes.” We said, “Padre Pio, should we go there? He said, “Yes, why not?” And that’s how it happened. Because I received the assurance from Padre Pio that the Virgin was appearing and that he permitted me to go, then I wasn’t afraid and I went. “

Saint (Padre) Pio affirms Garabandal to a PH.D in confession.
    Joachim Bouflet,PH.D. went to Padre Pio for confession in July of 1968. Padre Pio told him "Pray to the Madonna. Consecrate yourself to the Virgin of Carmel." "Yes, Padre, I pray to Our Lady of Mount Carmel. For that matter, I would like to become a Carmelite." He didn't comment on this but repeated with insistence, "Consecrate yourself to the Virgin of Carmel who appeared at Garabandal."
    Bouflet:"So it's true?"
    Padre Pio : "Certo e vero!" ("Yes, it's true!")

“While he was living, the same Padre Pio guaranteed the authenticity of the apparitions of the Blessed Virgin. He met Conchita at San Giovanni Rotondo. Even during the last days of his life he talked about this to his brothers in religious life and left a personal message for the principle personage of the apparitions. “

Fr. Pelletier -“Our Lady comes to Garabandal” page 219

From the book “The Final Hour “ page 141
    On the topic of Padre Pio ‘s belief in Garabandal:
    “Asked on another occasion about its authenticity, he answered curtly,

”How many times must she appear there to be believed ? “

From the book “Thunder of Justice “ page 163 : An incident which confirms Padre Pio’s belief in Garabandal occurred early in 1966. Conchita, who was only 16 years old, was visiting Rome with her mother and Fr. Luna. She had been invited by Cardinal Ottaviani, Prefect of the Sacred Congregation for the Doctrine of Faith. During the visit, Conchita met privately with Padre Pio. On this occasion, he took Conchita’s hand and her crucifix that Our Lady had kissed in Garabandal and held them both in his own two hands. The crucifix had passed through the hands of the child Jesus, during the apparition of November 13,1965.

Upon Padre Pio’s death in 1968 ,his close friend Father Bernardino Cennamo,was instructed to give Conchita several of his personal items. The priest gave Conchita one of the three veils that covered Padre Pio's face during his wake, saying that the stigmatist had requested this before he died. Conchita also was given Padre Pio's rosary, and one of the gloves he wore, stained by his stigmata.

Conchita recounts: “I had the veil in front of me, as I was writing later that evening. When suddenly the whole room became filled with fragrance, the perfume so strong I started to cry.”

The Emotion of Padre Pio about Conchita and his own words : Poor Conchita as she has suffers ... Loving the Blessed Virgin Mary with all his heart, belong to Her and working for Her, Our Lady of Garabandal, She is the one who has set her foot on the Mountain ... She is the Star on the Mountain (Father Laffineur has used Padre Pio words to call his own book “She is the Star on the Mountain) ...Padre Pio also added, We must support the seers of Garabandal……

March 3, 1962 ( Padre Pio wrote the girls a letter

"My Dear Children,

"At nine o'clock this morning the Holy Virgin told me to say to you: 'O Blessed young girls of San Sebastian de Garabandal! I promise you that I will be with you until the end of the centuries, and you will be with Me during the end of the world and later, united with Me in the Glory of Paradise.'

Padre Pio continued:

I am sending you a copy of the Holy Rosary of Fatima, which the Virgin told me to send you. The Rosary was composed by the Virgin and should be propagated for the salvation of sinners and preservation of humanity from the terrible punishments with which the good God is threatening it. I give you only one counsel: PRAY and get others to pray, because the world is at the beginning of perdition.

They do not believe in you or in your conversations with the Lady in White. BUT THEY WILL BELIEVE YOU WHEN IT WILL BE TOO LATE"

15. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

CONCHITA'S VISIT TO PADRE PIO
    On February 9, 1975 the magazine known as “NEEDLES” had recorded an interview with Conchita .
    In January 1966, Conchita arrived in Rome with her mother, a Spanish priest, Fr. Luis Luna, Professor Enrico Medi and Princess Cecilia from Bourbon and Parma. She had been called by Cardinal Ottaviani, prefect of the Holy Office, today known as the Sacred Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith. It was during this visit that Conchita had a private audience with Pope Paul VI, during which only five others were present. We have the reliable witness of Professor Medi, who at the time was president of the European Association of Atomic Energy and friend of the Holy Father; he was one of the five present. As Conchita had to wait a day before her interview with Cardinal Ottaviani, Professor Medi suggested that they go to San Giovanni Rotondo to see Padre Pio. Conchita herself tells about her visit, taken from her interview in NEEDLES magazine:
    We all agreed to go so we headed towards the monastery in Professor Medi’s rental car. We arrived about 9 o’clock at night and we were told that we wouldn’t be able to see Padre Pio until the next morning, after he celebrated the 5 a.m. Mass. Fr. Luna and the Professor went to the sacristy before Mass began. The Professor told me later on what had happened. He said that Fr. Luna told Padre Pio that the Princess of Spain was there to see him, Padre Pio replied, "I don’t feel very well and won’t be able to see her until later in the day." Then Professor Medi said to him, "There is someone else here to see you as well. Conchita wants to speak with you." Padre Pio replied, "Conchita of Garabandal? Come back at eight o'clock this morning." When we arrived we were brought into a small room, a cell, which had a bed, a chair, and a small table. I asked Padre Pio if this was his room and if he slept here, to which he replied, 'Oh no, you cannot see my room. This is a rich room.' At the time I did not realize what a holy man Padre Pio was, as I know him to be now. I was very young; I was only 16."
    Q: Who was in the room with you?
    Conchita: It was just my mother, Fr. Luna, and a priest from the monastery who spoke Spanish and took a lot of pictures. I don’t remember the Princess or the Professor being there.
    Q: Can you tell us what was said during your visit with Padre Pio?
    Conchita: I only remember a little. I do remember that the priest who had been taking the pictures asked permission from Padre Pio who responded, “You have been taking them since you arrived.” I remember that I had the crucifix that Our Lady had kissed and I said to Padre Pio, “This Cross was kissed by the Blessed Virgin. Would you like to kiss it?” Padre Pio took the crucifix and placed it in the palm of his left hand, over the stigmata. Then he took my hand and placed it over the crucifix, and closed his fingers around my hand. Then with his right hand he blessed my hand and the crucifix. He did the same with my mother when she asked him to bless her rosary that had also been kissed by the Blessed Virgin. I was kneeling the whole time I was with him, he held me by the hand, together with the cross, while he spoke to me.

I asked Conchita for a picture, and she said :” I don't have the photo, and Fr. Alesio who promised it to me, died. (conversation) “ 4-16-18

16. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

Padre Pio's visit to Garabandal in bilocation!
    Conchita had written to Padre Pio requesting his advice on various subjects that concerned her, and before the letter had time to reach San Giovanni Rotondo, a group of Padre Pio's spiritual children composed of five Italians, one Frenchman, one Canadian, one Filipino and a Belgian priest, visit her in Garabandal, announcing to her the visit of Padre Pio to respond directly to her questions.
    Then, on October 10, 1967, through a phenomenon of bilocation (the capacity of one person to be present in two places at the same time), Padre Pio's visit to Conchita took place at her house, where he was about an hour . She can see his figure, unmistakable habit, hear his voice, kiss his hands and notice the penetrating and characteristic perfume that comes out of his wounds.
    During his visit, he said among other things that he had been in Garabandal four times and, as proof of the authenticity of his presence, he writes in a letter in Aramaic the phrase "in union of prayers" and signed P Pio.
    Note: It must be reported that Padre Pio never left during his entire religious life, from the Convent in San Giovanni Rotondo, Italy. His visit to Garabandal only happened by the process of bilocation that only happen to some saints. 10-10-67
    Retrieved from the book "Garabandal 67, spiritual chronicle of a year"
    [​IMG]

Agnes McAllister likes this.
  17. Michael Pio

Michael Pio Archangels

I am interested to see this letter, last time I asked I was told it had been lost. Padre Pio is a wonderful saint, but unfortunately there are many fabricated stories abusing his name.

18. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

Next time you refer to a certain post, click on the " POST REPLY" button (bottom right ) so we know which one it is. So which letter are you referring to ?

19. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

GIFTS FROM SAINT PADRE PIO TO CONCHITA

On Sept. 23, 1968, Conchita met Padre Pio’s close friend, Father Bernardino Cennamo, at Lourdes. It was Padre Pio’s wish to leave Conchita several personal items of his to her, after his death. He left her his rosary, one of the 3 Veils that covered his face at his wake, and one of his blood stained gloves. This act of friendship speaks volumes to me about how close they were, and how much he believed Conchita and the Garabandal apparitions.

When Conchita had returned home she decided to write about the incident to a friend in Madrid. This is from Conchita’s interview in NEEDLES magazine in 1975:
    "I had the cloth in front of me while I wrote the letter when all of a sudden the room was filled with a fragrance. I had heard about the fragrances from Padre Pio, but I never paid any attention to them. The whole room filled with such a strong smell of perfume that I began to cry. It was the first time I experienced this, it happened after his death."
    (Below, the actual Glove , and the remaining piece of the Veil, she cut it up ,and gave most of it away)
    glove.jpg

John T likes this.
  20. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

Padre Pio's veil.jpg

John T likes this.