GARABANDAL INFO & ANSWERS

Discussion in 'GARABANDAL LIBRARY' started by Glenn, Aug 18, 2017.

1. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

Conchita’s last thoughts before her final meeting with Mary Nov.13,1965
    That evening , when the rain was at its heaviest, the Seer sets out with memories of the past years: “ I was saying to myself, very sorry for my faults, that I wouldn’t fall into them anymore, because I felt bad presenting myself like that before the Mother of God, whom my defects hurt so much, and I think that in me they are greater, because I have seen Her”.

“Conchita’s Diary (Spanish Version) pg 96
    “ Garabandal: Message of Hope” pg 173

Mario and Beth B like this.
  2. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

SAINT JOSE MARIA ESCRIVA EXPERIENCES THE WARNING !
    Saint Josemaria Escriva de Balaguer, testified to have experienced the grace described by Conchita in the “warning”. On the 27th of April 1954, the Founder of Opus Dei finds himself on the brink of death: he suffers anaphylactic shock. Reactions like this are almost unavoidably fatal. Blessed Alvaro del Portillo, who was with the Saint during that entire day, gives him absolution in articulo mortis.
    A moment later the founder of Opus Dei was dead. Fr Alvaro testifies to this. But hours later St. Josemaria recovers and says : “Alvaro my son, I now know how it will be when I’m dead”.
    Effectively on that day the Lord permitted St. Josemaria to see his whole life, with great rapidity, as if it were a movie. For St. Josemaria this was in anticipation of God’s judgment, like the description of the “Warning” of Garabandal.
    Mysteriously, after this episode, Escriva was found to be totally cured of Diabetes, never suffering any relapse or experiencing the need for insulin. It was an instantaneous and scientifically inexplicable healing, things of the saints.
    [​IMG]

3. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

The Warning experienced by St. John Vianney !
    In the biography of St. John Maria Vianney (1786-1859), we also find a clear precedent of the “Warning” of Garabandal. The Holy Cure of Ars had asked God in the first years of his priesthood for “ full clarity about his own wretchedness”, that is ,the same grace spoken of in relation to the “Warning”. The saintly priest may have been inspired to make this request by the prayer of St. Augustine: “May I know You, Lord. May I know myself”.
    Not until years later would the saint make any reference to his petition, testifying that he had received that extraordinary grace. He tells it in a letter to Baroness Alix de Belvey, to whom he gives spiritual direction: ; "Never ask God for a total knowledge of your wretchedness. I asked for it once and obtained it. If God had not then sustained me I would have despaired in that same instant". And to Catherine Lasagne, an intimate confidant St John would laconically say " I was unable to bear it."
    From “Garabandal: Message of hope”. Pg 185
    [​IMG]

4. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

MASS FOR PRAYER REQUESTS IN GARABANDAL
    Every last Thursday of the month, the Pastor of Garabandal offers a Mass for prayer requests. You have a few days to send your request by Wednesday, so it arrives on time.
    Requests sent using this form in Spanish ( below ) are received in the email address of the Parish.
    Then printed and delivered every Thursday the Pastor, to be deposited in an urn at the foot of the altar , through the intercession of Our Lady of Carmel, before the Blessed Sacrament exposed in the Chapel of San Sebastian de Garabandal.
    I have downloaded the English explanation, but you might want to use " Google Translate" or something like that to send your prayers in Spanish so they can read it.

SOME CELL PHONES WILL NOT CONNECT, YOU MAY HAVE TO USE A COMPUTER

PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE THE PRAYER REQUESTS HERE ON MY PAGE.

http://www.garabandalparroquia.com/en-union-de-oraciones

Carol55 likes this.
  5. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

Today in Garabandal history August 23,1961
    The Apostolic Administrator from Santandar, Bishop Doroteo Fernandez, closes the doors to the church ,so apparitions can not happen inside. His reasoning is that overflow crowding is leading to damage of the church. I mention this only for the more important fact of “OBEDIENCE” that Mary taught to the girls. Read Conchita’s account of why below.
    Obedience
    The virtue of obedience is one of the greatest indicators for determining the authenticity of alleged apparitions. According to the Saints, it is the only virtue the devil cannot imitate (who, by his nature, is disobedient), and is therefore the hallmark of authentic apparitions.
    In the apparitions of Garabandal the examples of obedience are so numerous and varying, that one can say that it permeated from all facets of the girls' lives. Most notably, the Blessed Virgin instructed the children on the importance of obedience, especially to the Bishop. In fact, She told the children to obey the Bishop even before her; "She taught us to obey the Bishop before her." (Interview with Conchita, 1972). What is most striking, is even the Blessed Virgin Herself, in the apparitions, obeyed the commands of the bishop, as detailed in the account below;
    Conchita, interview, 1973: "At the beginning, we used to go into the Church (editor's note; The Blessed Virgin often led the girls into a local church, where She would recite the Rosary together with them). But then the people, because they wanted to be first when we extended our arms, would make a big disturbance. So the bishop said we could not go into the church anymore. Then the Virgin, from the time the bishop said not to go into the church, never would let us in there again." Conchita recounts that, from that day forward, the Blessed Virgin no longer entered the Church, but instead remained outside.
    The children learned from the example of the Virgin, and followed it themselves. The girls were not only obedient and docile to the bishops, but also to their parents, interrogations by doctors, physical exams, psychological tests, criticisms and slander, and so forth. They went along with everything imposed on them. Joseph Pelletier notes; "This simple unquestioning obedience to the commission manifested by the girls on this occasion is typical of their attitude and conduct toward the Church and clergy all during the apparitions" (jp53)
    In 1965, in response to those eager to spread the message of Garabandal, Conchita writes; "This is agreeable to the Blessed Virgin. She is very pleased to have us work to spread the message. That is what She wants. But she wants us to obey the Church, for in this way we will give greater glory to God. She will provide time for the message to be spread with the permission of the Church."

6. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

MARI CRUZ GRABBED BY THE JAW
    A report from Brigadier Juan Alvarez Seco. “Mari Cruz whom the doctor grabbed by the lower jaw to twist her face so that she could not stare so fixedly: he was unable to do it, in spite of the force he applied, and I heard a snapping sound and he feared he had harmed the child. The girl suffered no effects”.

Story and photo from: “Garabandal: Message of Hope”. (center section of photos after page 187 )
    Photo also from “ She went in haste to the Mountain” 1st ED. Book 1, page 53
    [​IMG]

Beth B and Carol55 like this.
  7. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

A Doctor’s experience ( Testing Mari Loli & Jacinta)

" My husband approached the kneeling girls, grabbed Loli under her arms, and attempted to lift her. It was impossible to even budge her. She appeared welded to the floor, more like a block of stone than a little girl "

https://ourlady.ca/2020/04/a-doctors-experience/

Sam likes this.
  8. Byron

Byron Powers

Glenn, please give us your personal input on whether you think this Pope will be healthy enough to go to Russia?

9. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

Healthy or not, I think certain circumstances will dictate the necessity of his trip to Moscow.

Beth B likes this.
  10. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

You all know by now that both St. Padre Pio and St. John Paul II were believers in the Garabandal apparitions,but did you know they both were longtime friends ?
    Saint Pio and Saint Pope John Paul II friendship is dated back to the 1947, when the young Father Karol Wojtyla was engaged in doctoral studies at Rome’s Pontifical International Athenaeum Angelicum, the future Pontifical University of Saint Thomas Aquinas. He made the pilgrimage to the small town of San Giovanni Rotondo in Southern Italy to meet Padre Pio and to have his confession heard by him. Father Karol Wojtyla spent nearly a week in San Giovanni Rotondo in the company of Padre Pio and had the opportunity to speak at length with Padre Pio, who called himself the ‘ humble friar who prays’.
    Indisputable proof of Pope John Paul II’s high esteem for Padre Pio was an event that took place in 1962 when young Bishop Wojtyla was in Rome, attending Vatican II. He received a letter from Krakòw that informed him that one of his main collaborators, Dr. Wanda Poltawska, a doctor in psychiatry with whom he had worked frequently in family services, was seriously ill with throat cancer. The doctors had decided to operate on her, but the hope of saving her was negligible.
    Wojtyla learned of the news with great sorrow and thought about Padre Pio. He composed a letter, written Latin and addressed to Padre Pio, and sent it to Msgr. Angelo Battisti, the administrator of the hospital “Home for the Relief of Suffering,” founded by Padre Pio. Msgr. Battisti personally delivered the letter to Padre Pio, who after having read it, said, “Angelo, I cannot say no to this request. ” Eleven days later, Msgr. Battisti returned to San Giovanni Rotondo with a second letter from Archbishop Wojtyla, in which he thanked Padre Pio, saying, “The lady who was ill with cancer was suddenly healed before entering the operating room. ” Today Dr. Wanda Poltawska is 99 years old, the recipient of a true “miracle” from the hand of God through the intercession of Saint Pio and at the request of the future Saint John Paul II.
    Karol Wojtyla was repeatedly touched by Padre Pio and his legacy, first as a priest in 1947, then as a cardinal in 1974 when he visited San Giovanni Rotondo, and again in 1987 as a Pope when he marked the 100th anniversary of Padre Pio's birth. But it was that first encounter — along with Wojtyla's belief that it was Padre Pio's intercession that had cured his friend Wanda Poltawska from cancer in 1962 — that helps to explain why Saint Pope John Paul II was undoubtedly so important in the canonization process of Padre Pio.

Carol55 and Mario like this.
  11. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

Jacinta enters CONVENT
    Jacinta’s attempt, having entered a convent of Discalced Carmelites in 1965, ends in a similar way. ( from the previous page Conchita entered and left a convent also ) Jacinta abandons the attempt and becomes a boarding student in the College of Santa Ana de Borja (Zaragoza) run by the Sisters of Charity in September 1965, together with Mari Loli.
    [​IMG]

12. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

13. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

14. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

GARABANDAL CONFERENCE IN TORONTO 11-9-96

WITH JOEY LOMANGINO AND JACINTA MOYNIHAN.

I thought it would be a wonderful for those of you who have never heard Joey speak about his life, accident, conversion, meeting Padre Pio, trips to Garabandal, and the Warning and Miracle.

I was blessed to accompany Joey and Marilyn Lomangino to Toronto for this Garabandal conference , organized by Dr. Michael Rozeluk and his wife Helen, who run the Canadian Garabandal site ( ourlady.ca )

At about the 51:25 mark of this home made video, and the end of Joey’s talk, you can see people lined up to meet Jacinta and venerate the crucifix our Blessed Mother kissed. Also another line to meet Joey & Marilyn Lomangino , and venerate the large medal our Blessed Mother kissed.

Here is the You Tube link :

15. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

"Then I will believe"
    It was the afternoon of October 16, 1961. Among the numerous spectators present that day were two priests from Asturias (Spain), but since they were not wearing their clerical attire nobody realized that they were priests. When Conchita arrived in ecstasy, she held out the crucifix so that the people could kiss it. The two priests, not believing in the apparitions, left the group to see what would happen from the upstairs window of a nearby house. The girl followed them. She climbed the stairs quickly in the typical posture with her head thrown backwards. Everyone was impressed to see with what ease she was able to go up the stairs without seeing where she was going. She offered them the crucifix to kiss but they refused. While still looking upwards she made the sign of the cross over the first but he again refused to kiss the crucifix. The same happened with the second.
    Conchita began to go down the stairs but she suddenly turned back and again offered them the crucifix to kiss, and once more they refused to do so.
    The bystanders were shocked; they didn’t know that they were priests. One of the priests thought to himself: “My God, if what is happening is really supernatural, let the girl come towards me again and let the ecstasy suddenly end; if so then I will believe.” It happened just as he requested. Conchita came out of the ecstasy and began to walk home, but before having even reached the square, she fell into ecstasy again and began to retrace her steps. This was in answer to another petition made by the priest: “If the reason the girl came to me before was because it had been supernaturally revealed to her that I am a priest, let her demonstrate it to me again, and come and hold out the crucifix once more so I can kiss it, and let her make the sign of the cross over me several times.”
    When the ecstasy ended, they gave her a holy card to sign. In the note the girl surprised everyone present when she made a specific reference to their priesthood. There were numerous episodes similar to this one in Garabandal that emphasize the importance and the dignity of the priesthood.
    https://www.garabandal.it/.../sto.../829-then-i-will-believe
    [​IMG]

16. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

Garabandal and the Holy Shroud
    Only after Father Eusebio Garcia de Pesquera had written his comprehensive book on Garabandal, SHE WENT IN HASTE TO THE MOUNTAIN, did it come to light that the Shroud was mentioned at Garabandal. It was during one of Conchita's ecstasies when the Blessed Virgin spoke to the visionary about the Sabana Santa (Spanish for Holy Shroud). Among the spectators at that ecstasy was the Marquesa de Santa Maria, an excellent witness, and it was from her that Prof. Jacques Serre learned what the Virgin said about the Shroud. The Marquesa heard Conchita repeat the words of Our Lady:
    "It is the divine imprint of my Son."
    It is not a coincidence that the blood on the Shroud is the same type AB found on the scientific examination of the first Eucharist miracle in Lanciano, Italy in the 8th century.
    [​IMG]

17. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

18. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

For those new members who would like a brief explanation of the Marian Apparitions at Garabandal,Spain (or to share this with family or friends who don’t know about Garabandal) a short video by actor Ricardo Montalban.

19. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

Garabandal Girls speak other Languages in ecstasy: September of 1961

As he continued, Father Ramón Andreau brought out another very remarkable matter that occurred in the early ecstasies at Garabandal: “I myself have witnessed things that have given me reason to say that the girls spoke foreign languages while in their state of trance. Actually it isn't exactly that, at least not at the time I am writing these lines; the fact is that the girls have spoken words in other languages. I have heard the following . . . He (St. Michael) gives some words in French, in Latin, in German, and the beginning of the Hail Mary in Greek.) The most interesting thing is not that they spoke these words in ecstasy, but that they corrected themselves when they spoke them badly, so as to come to correct diction and pronunciation. They gave the impression that they were hearing the words from someone, one after the other, and that they were simply repeating them.”

“ She Went tin Haste to the Mountain” Chpt.5 pg 107

20. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

Today in Garabandal History : September 1, 1962
    The pastor of Garabandal, Don Valentin Marichalar, took notes of what he observed during his many visits to the village at the time of the apparitions. He relates an event involving a visit to the cemetery by all four girls. It took place on September 1, 1962.
    At about nine in the evening, after the public rosary in the village church, Conchita went into ecstasy at the door of the church, a place where many apparitions began. A few minutes later, Our Lady appeared also to Loli and Jacinta and then after a few more minutes to Mari Cruz. In the first days of the apparitions, Our Lady always appeared to the four girls together. This pattern changed quite quickly and the Blessed Virgin began appearing to one, two or three of the girls as well as to all four together. By September of 1962, apparitions to all four girls together were rare.
    The girls then began an ecstatic march in which Loli and Jacinta went together while Conchita and Mari Cruz walked alone. The four girls went to the pines, followed by a large number of people. They recited the rosary and left the pines, walking backwards in ecstasy and still praying the rosary. On this return march, Conchita joined Loli and Jacinta, while Mari Cruz went alone. ALL FOUR WENT TO THE CEMETERY and from there to the church.
    Fr. Joseph Pelletier “ Garabandal and Purgatory”.
    https://www.garabandal.us/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/purgatory.pdf