GARABANDAL INFO & ANSWERS

Discussion in 'GARABANDAL LIBRARY' started by Glenn, Aug 18, 2017.

1. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

MORNING OFFERING PRAYER

Our Blessed Mother said in Garabandal on October 18th, 1961,
    "We must make many sacrifices, perform much penance, and visit the Blessed Sacrament frequently. But first, we must lead good lives. "

In 1945 Jesus told Lucia, the seer of Fatima, "The sacrifice and penance I now seek and require is the fulfillment of your state in life and the observance of my laws." Whatever your state in life may be you can sanctify all your daily actions if upon arising you recite sincerely the morning offering prayer. Through the "Morning Offering of Reparation" every act you do becomes a sacrifice. The word "sacrifice" means to make "holy." Once you have made your morning offering you make "holy" every act you do throughout the day. Whatever trial God permits to pass your way during the day becomes a penance — whether it be work, bad weather, rebellious children, sickness in the family, tight economic conditions or misunderstandings by relatives or friends. All these sacrifices and penances obtain graces the Blessed Virgin needs for the conversion of sinners.
    Padre Pio said it best, "If you knew the value of suffering, you wouldn't give it up."
    morningcard.jpg

Francis Vincent likes this.
  2. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

July 25, 1961, notes taken by the lawyer from Palencia, Luis Navas Carrillo. St. James appeared !
    On the following Wednesday, July 25th, all over Spain there was a big celebration: the feast day of its patron and Father in the Faith, the Apostle St. James. It was the second time during the apparitions that this holy day took place in Garabandal. Would something happen on this day?
    Leafing through a mixed-up stack of references and testimonies referring to this time, I found this statement from María Herrero de Gallardo, who wrote down what she heard from Father Valentín months later:
    “You see, Señora, that at times I tell you things that I don’t tell anyone else, since I know that you receive them well and think about them, while many others find them ridiculous.
    For example, I remember the feast day of St. James the Apostle. It was almost midnight and about twenty people were watching the girls’ ecstasy. At times I looked at the sky, a beautiful summer sky covered with stars, with here and there a little white cloud drifting by. Suddenly — I saw this with my own eyes, and the persons that I mentioned also saw it — our patron St. James appeared on a beautiful white horse, like the tradition described in Spanish history. For a few
    minutes he seemed to make a path across the sky, disappearing at times behind white clouds and reappearing again. It was really wonderful.”
    (From “She went in haste to the Mountain”)

Francis Vincent likes this.
  3. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

MASS FOR PRAYER REQUESTS IN GARABANDAL

Every last Thursday of the month, the Pastor of Garabandal offers a Mass for prayer requests. You have a few days to send your request by Wednesday, so it arrives on time.

Requests sent using this form in Spanish ( below ) are received in the email address of the Parish.

Then printed and delivered every Thursday the Pastor, to be deposited in an urn at the foot of the altar , through the intercession of Our Lady of Carmel, before the Blessed Sacrament exposed in the Chapel of San Sebastian de Garabandal.

I have downloaded the English explanation, but you might want to use " Google Translate" or something like that to send your prayers in Spanish so they can read it.

PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE THE PRAYER REQUESTS HERE ON MY PAGE.

http://www.garabandalparroquia.com/en-union-de-oraciones

Joan J likes this.
  4. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

THIS DAY IN GARABANDAL HISTORY: July 27, 1975
    MARY LOLI ON THE “WARNING & MIRACLE IN THE SAME YEAR “ !

Q. You have said that you know the year of the Warning. Can you tell us if it will occur in the next few years or is it still in the distant future?
    A. No. I can't say anything.
    Q. Did the Blessed Mother tell you not to speak about the Warning?
    A. No, she didn't , but, because the Warning and the Miracle are within the same year, I feel it inside not to say anything.
    Q. How do you know the Warning and the Miracle are within the same year"
    A. During an apparition-I don't remember just when- the Blessed Virgin told me.

1975 NEEDLES Warning interview with Mari Loli:
    Reprinted with kind permission from GARABANDAL International October-December 2004

5. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

THURSDAY, JULY 27, 1961:

CONCHITA IS STRONGLY REQUESTED
    TO GO TO SANTANDER. FIRST MENTION
    OF THE FUTURE DOUBTS AND DENIALS

The Priests and Physicians, members of the "Special Commission" questioned the visionary every day at Santander. Verbally jostled about, even threatened to be sent to "a house for the mentally ill," she was forbidden to receive Communion, to go to confession and to attend Mass. Instead, she was taken to the beach and
    the movies. They were hoping to dissuade her from returning to her village.
    Doctor Pinal tried to hypnotize Conchita to "find out the magic fluid from which she held her power of suggestion over her little playmates," 'concluding' that this was coming . . . from her braids! The girl ended up by "acknowledging" that she had not seen the Blessed Virgin, but she did not swear not having seen her.

On the day of her arrival, Conchita fell into an ecstasy right in the middle of the street in front of the church of the Consolacion. At the same time, at the Pines, the three other visionaries also had an apparition of the Blessed Virgin. This was Conchita's only ecstasy in the capital of the Cantabrian region.

In an interior locution, Conchita learned, in these doubly significant circumstances, that "there would come a time when she and her companions would deny their apparitions and doubt everything." When she returned to Garabandal, she confided this news to her mother and her aunt.

Aniceta, a widow since many years and head of the family, watched over her children carefully. She asked for several signs to confirm the authenticity of the phenomena. she obtained them and had no longer any doubts. She died in 1990.
    Maximina, Conchita's first confidante, always supported her godchild and never doubted the supernatural origin of the apparitions. She is one of the best "reporters" of these events.
    [Excerpted from 'Garabandal' Book, pages 69, 70.]

* NOTICE how the first Commission , went to great lengths to try and discredit Conchita, but mentally & physically abused her for a week, even to the ridiculous point that they cut off alot of her hair, her braids, because it had magical powers ! This poor innocent child ( with the mentality of an 8 year old as affirmed by Doctors at that time ) must have been terrified, and would agree to almost anything to be returned to the safety of her home in Garabandal. Imagine if they did this to your Daughter today ? Unthinkable !

Below: They cut off her braids !
    Con w doll 2.jpg

6. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

PUTTING TO BED AN INTERNET RUMOR !
    CONCHITA STILL LIVES IN NY ! SHE DID NOT MOVE,WE JUST SPOKE.
    ANY OTHER CLAIM IS A LIE!

Booklady and Mario like this.
  7. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

TODAY IN GARABANDAL HISTORY: JULY 28, AND JULY 29, 1961:
    "TWO EVENINGS OF TEARS"

As was promised, the Blessed Virgin, since July 4, was gradually explaining to the children the Message she had revealed to them. This catechesis was absolutely necessary, considering their young age and the small amount of religious knowledge they had. What, indeed, did the words "sacrifice," "penance," mean to them, and how, in practice, were they "to be very good"?
    The ecstasies of July 28 and 29, 1961, were to represent a kind of particularly intensive course in which only Jacinta and Mari-Loli took part. For the first time Our Lady showed them "the Cup filling up with the wine of the Wrath of God." She spoke to them of the trials the sins of humanity would eventually cause, in a time we may call "time of the Pre-Warning" (or Pre-Aviso). Mary was also to reveal to them later, the unique and inescapable event of the future Warning, a stupendous phenomenon and experience called "Aviso," of both cosmic and moral-spiritual (interior) dimensions, that would affect the whole of mankind. We could die from the effect of the emotion aroused by it. It would place us before our conscience thus "scanned" in the light of God revealing to us the evil we had done and of the good we had not done, in our lives. Through its frightening physical dimension and its prodigious divine interior action, we would know that the Warning really came to us from God, but also that it will still be a "warning of grace and mercy!"
    Finally, the Blessed Virgin recalled the final Chastisement of which mankind would be the object . . . should it persist in refusing to amend its ways. The first of the two "Nights of tears" occurred at the cuadro, and the second at the Pines.
    Sari and Mari-Carmen, mandated by Our Lady, were the only ones authorized to stay by the visionaries. The crowd, kept at a distance, could see the terrified girls crying . . .
    [Excerpted from 'Garabandal' Book, J.Serre page 71.]
    LOLI-JACINTA night tears.jpg

TinNM likes this.
  8. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

TODAY IN GARABANDAL HISTORY: JULY 28,1962 : Dr. Enrique Valcarce Alfayate
    Records events , of which he was an eye witness.

"The phenomena as a whole were for me something tremendous and amazing. The fast walk over really rough terrain, almost inaccessible, strewn with the worst obstacles . . . running at times at incredible speeds, both forwards and backwards, as if the girls had wings on their feet . . . with their heads tilted sharply backwards, with their eyes unblinking and fixed constantly on the alleged vision ."
    “She Went in Haste to the Mountain “(Page 164)

TinNM likes this.
  9. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

A COLLECTION OF CONCHITA’S THOUGHTS
    After a 1966 Locution with Jesus, Conchita gives her thoughts
    Living the Message
    The Blessed Sacrament
    The Priesthood
    Daily Duty & Sacrifice

https://www.garabandal.us/pdfs/talk_world.pdf

TinNM likes this.
  10. garabandal

garabandal Powers

Glenn - the current state of the world with covid vaccine mandates and introduction of covid passports for participating in society - does this fit the picture as the 'return of communism' as predicted in Garabandal. Or will the coming predicted 'great reset' by the political elites fit the picture better?

https://www.weforum.org/great-reset/

11. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

TODAY IN GARABANDAL HISTORY : JULY 30 ,1961
    “Expert Witness” Father Enrique Valcarce Alfayate
    On Sunday, July 28th, there came to Garabandal for the first time, an illustrious priest from Madrid: Father Enrique Valcarce Alfayate. ( A Cardinal for many years in the diocese of Madrid with important functions and duties there ), He made a digest of his observations in a report that he wrote later in Comillas and that bears the date of July 30th, 1962.
    In it he describes a most remarkable experience: his own participation in one of the girls' ecstatic marches: «After the rosary, I remained praying for a while in the church. Suddenly Dr. Ortiz came in and told me to go outside if I wanted to see the girls in ecstasy. I went out immediately. They were walking with the people behind them. I pushed my way through and managed to join Mari Loli and Conchita, who were walking together, holding arms. Later I was told that the other two, Jacinta and Mari Cruz, were going in the same way with another group of people down a different street. The phenomena as a whole were for me something tremendous and amazing. The fast walk over really rough terrain, almost inaccessible, strewn with the worst obstacles . . . running at times at incredible speeds, both forwards and backwards, as if the girls had wings on their feet . . . with their heads tilted sharply backwards, with their eyes unblinking and fixed constantly on the alleged vision . . . The trip was made while singing the holy rosary (the girls leading and the people in the village following) except for the Our Fathers and certain ejaculations which the girls said 53 with great devotion, very slowly and with deep feeling. Furthermore their singing was beautifully intoned, with dulcet voices and excellent harmony. The walk lasted from about 10:15 at night until after 11:30. During almost all this time, I was able to go with them, hanging on either to Loli’s or Conchita’s arm. By holding on this way, I was able to follow them in spite of many obstacles, running swiftly and with a strange sensation of security. The falls and stumbles that I made at times always happened to me when I let go of the girls. (7) The end of it all took place at the church doors, which were locked. First of all Loli raised Conchita in her arms, higher than Loli herself, and then Conchita did the same with Mari Loli. After kneeling down and suddenly recovering their normal state, they looked around with a smile, which later they shared with all of us.»
    Nevertheless, taken as a whole, everything that I have tried to describe was truly exceptional and amazing. It is certain that it is not a product of disease, either psychiatric or organic. It seems to me, therefore, that the facts do not have a natural explanation.____
    “SHE WENT IN HASTE TO THE MOUNTAIN” BOOK 3 PGS 52-54

TinNM likes this.
  12. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

If you go back and read the girls interviews, they refer to a "pre-warning" era (after the pope returns from a trip to Moscow), inwhich hostilities break out in Europe, and it sounds like more of a military aggression by Russia. I am not discountuing the way the government is imposing its will on the people with covid restrictions,without much recourse for us, like the "Communism of old days". Scarier days ahead I fear.

13. PurpleFlower

PurpleFlower Powers

Is it possible that those things foreseen by the seers were conditional, and changed when Russia was consecrated to the Immaculate Heart in 1984?

So maybe an aggression from Russia and re-takeover of the world by communism was what would have happened if people's prayers and the consecration hadn't have happened?

Avprog likes this.
  14. AED

AED Powers

This is a valid question IMO. In 1983 a year after St JPII made the consecration--incomplete though it was-- the soviet union had a massive explosion at their naval base (may 13!!!!) And it set back their war plans considerably.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2021
    TinNM and Carol55 like this.
  15. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

This question has been debated since 1984. The debate is centered around the phrasing of the words used. It is granted that the world has been consecrated and that Russia belongs to the world. Russia has been consecrated as part of the collective of nations, but not specifically. It’s the difference between a priest blessing a congregation in which you are present and the priest blessing you specifically by name. Here in lies the problem, Mary asked for it specifically to be mentioned , and apparently , (maybe for political reasons) it was not. To complicate matters more, apparently Sr. Lucia originally said it was not accepted, To complicate matters even further, Russia is mentioned at Garabandal and Fatima ,as a source of Communism, and future problems for the Catholic Church, so how could they be consecrated ,if Mary said they still will be a problem in the future, until the Warning comes ? So, I am sure this debate can rage on forever, with examples on both sides, but I really rather it didn't ,for the sanity and peace of the forum. So with that said, I really cant answer your question,as I feel that event did not take place. Thank you.

John T and AED like this.
  16. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

TODAY IN GARABANDAL HISTORY : JULY 31,1961
    For the first time, the Visionaries in ecstasy move about on their knees. They recite the Rosary without having learned it, without prayer beads, without counting on their fingers and without making any mistakes regarding the mysteries, as well as the number of “Ave Marias”.
    “The Village Speaks”, pg 23

THE VILLAGE SPEAKS: http://www.garabandal.us/pdfs/village_speaks.pdf

TinNM likes this.
  17. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

THE BLESSED MOTHER'S 2 MAIN MESSAGES OF GARABANDAL
    Our Lady's 1st Message of Garabandal :October 18, 1961- ” We must make many sacrifices, perform much penance, and visit the Blessed Sacrament frequently. But first, we must lead good lives. If we do not, a chastisement will befall us. The cup is already filling up, and if we do not change, a very great chastisement will come upon us.”

2nd message:June 18, 1965- “As my message of October 18 has not been complied with and has not been made known to the world, I am advising you that this is the last one. Before, the cup was filling up. Now it is flowing over. Many cardinals, many bishops and many priests are on the road to perdition and are taking many souls with them. Less and less importance is being given to the Eucharist. You should turn the wrath of God away from yourselves by your efforts. If you ask His forgiveness with sincere hearts, He will pardon you. I, your mother, through the intercession of Saint Michael the Archangel, ask you to amend your lives. You are now receiving the last warnings. I love you very much and do not want your condemnation. Pray to us with sincerity and we will grant your requests. You should make more sacrifices. Think about the passion of Jesus.”

TinNM likes this.
  18. TinNM

TinNM Archangels

Thanks for telling us this. I am inquisitive and had to look to see if there was anything on this and sure enough, there is. Excerpted:

How Our Lady Saved the World from a Nuclear War
    Sr. Lucia of Fatima revealed that Our Lady told her if the consecration had not been made by John Paul II, there would have been a nuclear war.

Joseph Pronechen BlogsOctober 13, 2019
    On Sept. 1, 1983, flying from Anchorage to Seoul, a Korean Air Lines Boeing 747 with 269 people on board strayed off its planned route and flew over an island that violated Soviet air space. Quickly, a Russian fighter plane shot down.

The outrageous action prompted five Western European countries including Great Britain and Germany to okay accepting United States medium-range missiles beginning in November of that year.

With their military advantage rapidly shrinking, the Soviets were readying for war.

Then 205 days later, On March 25, 1984, St. John Paul II consecrated the world to the Immaculate Heart of Mary. He invited all the bishops in the world to join him for this ceremony closing the Holy Year of Redemption. He did the consecration at St. Peter’s in Rome as he knelt before the statue of Our Lady of Fatima brought there from Fatima.

Less than two months later in 1984, on May 13, the 67th anniversary of the first apparition of Fatima, catastrophe hit the Russia fleet at the Severomorsk naval base located near Finland on the Barents Sea.

Of 900 anti-aircraft missiles, 580 were destroyed. Of 400 surface-to-surface missiles able to carry nuclear warheads, 320 were obliterated. Upwards of 300 military personnel died.

Story continued at: How Our Lady Saved the World from a Nuclear War| National Catholic Register (ncregister.com)
    The story goes on to speak about an Officer Petrov, who apparently was instrumental in not launching any missiles and was later interviewed by the BBC.

This book apparently covers this:

[​IMG]

Quite a story to absorb. I have not seen this book but perhaps will try to follow up. From Ignatius Press, I note, today is the feast day of St. Ignatius Loyola, that's a sidenote, irrelevant really.

More:

"The tragedies foretold in Fatima did not come to an end with the demise of Communism. The crisis has not been resolved. From a certain point of view it is still as serious as it ever was, as it is primarily a crisis of faith, hence a moral and social crisis."
    — Pope Benedict XVI
    Fatima Mysteries (ignatius.com)
    A lot to reflect on.

Also, this story seems to put a damper on the "Russia has not been consecrated" crowd, I have read what these people say but that's another topic I'm willing to engage in at any time.

You are to be commended for telling us this. As I've said, there really is so much to Fatima actually and good for the authors to break this info down as in the above article. I believe I have two of Sister Lucia's books, her memoirs and such but still sort of need guideposts on the matter.

AED and PurpleFlower like this.
  19. PurpleFlower

PurpleFlower Powers

Yes, and Pope John Paul II DID say Russia, just under his breath, and Sr. Lucia DID say the consecration was accepted by Heaven.

AED likes this.
  20. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

AUGUST 1963:
    "THE FUTURE VERY GREAT CHURCH
    EVENT WILL BE THE SECOND ONLY OF
    ITS KIND IN CHURCH HISTORY!"

The visionary explained to Dr. Jean Caux, the well-known witness of the Garabandal events that "it will be possible to film and even televise the great Miracle!" She also added that "the happy and future great Church event of "D" day will be the second only of its kind in Church history," though, of course, much more important than the first one!
    Conchita was at this time, achieving the writing of her precious Diary: some forty handwritten simple, yet priceless pages. The vivid style sometimes rises to a real level of poetry. The description of the portraits of Our Lady, of the Child Jesus and of the Angel, is charming and the details are exquisite; Conchita's spelling is . . . pleasantly outrageous and is matched only by the "revolutionary expressions" of her syntax! The account covers, quickly and very concisely, the period of the apparitions, and stops after the beginning of the locution phase. The brief testimony "from within" is nevertheless an irreplaceable document.

From 'Garabandal' Book, J. Serre page 177
    "Conchita's Diary" listed below

http://www.stjosephpublications.com...ZBeApa2w85uffi-dZYZGIwtba8b8yG2LlN5OCFbRhMfLM