GARABANDAL INFO & ANSWERS

Discussion in 'GARABANDAL LIBRARY' started by Glenn, Aug 18, 2017.

1. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

josephite likes this.
  2. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

josephite likes this.
  3. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

4. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

TODAY IN GARABANDAL HISTORY: JULY 8,1961
    The four children learned from the Angel (St. Michael) how to receive Communion the correct way.
    It prepared the visionaries to receive their first real Communion from the Angel on the following July 16th, the very day of the Feast of Our Lady of Mount Carmel. Until then, St. Michael had given them only hosts that were not consecrated.
    “Garabandal” by J. Serre pg.57

TinNM likes this.
  5. Claves.Sancti.Petri

Claves.Sancti.Petri Archangels

Mari Loli talked about an even year. I could be wrong. Never got to meet her but helped out with a ministry she was connected with. God rest her soul.

6. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

I POSTED IT A FEW DAYS AGO. SEE POST #4137

7. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

8. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

TODAY IN GARABANDAL HISTORY: JULY 10, 1963:
    CHRIST'S FIRST LOCUTION TO CONCHITA.
    TOWARDS THE "CONVERSION OF RUSSIA
    AND THE WHOLE WORLD . . ."
    The first of the two very remarkable locutions of Christ to Conchita occurred in the village church. Its content is so dense and transparent and of such quality, that we need only, at least for the moment, to read it very attentively:

"As I was giving thanks to God and asking Him for certain things, He replied.
    "I asked Him to give me a cross, for I experience no suffering in my life, except that of not having any crosses. As I was asking Him for that, Jesus replied:
    "Yes, I will give you a Cross."
    Very moved, I kept on asking for other things and I said to Him:
    "Why is the Miracle coming? To convert many people?"
    And He replied: "to convert the entire world -Para convertir al mundo entero" - [Our Lord was thus indicating the importance of the events of Garabandal.]
    "Will Russia be converted?"
    "Yes, it will be converted; thus everyone - todos - will love our Hearts."
    "Will the chastisement come after that?"
    He gave no reply.
    "Why do You come into my poor heart without any merit on my part?"
    "Because I do not come for you; I come for the whole world."
    "When the Miracle takes place, people will think I am the only one to have seen the Blessed Virgin."
    He replied: "I let you be the one who, by your sacrifices and patience in trials, will intercede with Me to perform the Miracle."
    And I said to Him, "Is it not better that I be with the four or that You take none of us for the intercession?"
    And He said, "No."
    "Will I go to Heaven?" And He replied, "Will you love our Hearts a great deal and will you pray to them?"
    "When will you give me the cross?"
    He did not answer me.
    "What will I be?"
    And He did not reply. He only told me that, wherever I am and whatever I am doing, I will have much to suffer.
    And I asked Him, "Will I die soon?"
    And He replied, "You must stay on earth to help people."
    And I said to Him, "I am of little importance, I will be unable to help You in any way."
    "Through your prayers and your suffering, you will help the world."
    "When we go to Heaven, are we dead when we go there?"
    And He said to me, "One never dies."
    I thought that we did not go to Heaven before we rose up again.
    I asked Him if St. Peter was at the door to greet us and He said, "No."
    When I was thus in prayer or in a conversation with God, I felt I was outside this world.
    Jesus told me that "Now more people love My Heart."
    On the subject of priests, he told me that I ought to pray a great deal for them, so that they may be saints and fulfill their duty well and make others better. "May they make Me known to those who do not know Me and make Me loved by those who know Me and do not love Me."
    [From 'Garabandal' Book, J.Serre . pages 175-176]

Beth B and TinNM like this.
  9. Mario

Mario Powers

A good summary, John.(y)

John T likes this.
  10. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

TODAY IN GARABANDAL HISTORY TUESDAY, JULY 11, 1961:
    THE PHYSICIANS AT WORK . . .
    PERFORMING TESTS
    Garabandal was an exceptional field of study for theologians as well as for physicians, psychologists and psychiatrists who, as early as June 25, went up to the village as independent observers.
    In the first two weeks of July, Msgr. Doroteo Fernandez set up a "Special Commission" made up of three priests and two physicians. These were in charge of investigating the "events" and the girls of San Sebastian de Garabandal. The members of this "Commission" came only three times to the village during the four years that the events occurred.
    Commissioned by the bishop, Doctors Jose Luis Pinal Ruiz and Luis Morales, psychiatrist, began their first experiments on July 11.
    All kinds of tests were performed on the children in ecstasy. Pinching, burns, pricks, intense light: so many sensory stimulants producing no effect.
    "This is no way supernatural. It is a psychogenic reaction to the situation . . . Vulgar hysterical phenomena . . ." Such was Dr. Morales' opinion on the one ecstasy that he had attended. His report, quickly drafted, influenced the negative verdict by the "Commission" concerning the supernatural origin of the phenomena of Garabandal. He, who had really been the "directing head" of the
    "Special Commission," completely reversed his position in 1977. In May 1983, during some lectures he gave at Santander, then at Madrid, he publicly defended the authenticity of the apparitions.
    [Excerpted from 'Garabandal' Book, J.Serre pages 59; 61]

Francis Vincent likes this.
  11. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

Dr. Luis Morales changes mind on Garabandal !
    On September 3, 1978, my first visit with Dr. Morales was recorded in its totality with his consent and lasted two hours. During the interview he was somewhat reserved in explaining his change of position on Garabandal and finally, because of my insistence, he said, "Now I see the existential reality of Our Lady in Garabandal. I think of Garabandal as Fatima: a gift of Divine Providence for humanity. Garabandal truly is a gift to us from Christ through his Mother..." At the end of the interview he answered my last question by saying, "Oh, yes! Garabandal has been a manifestation of Divine Grace...!"

A typed copy of this conversation was presented to Bishop del Val. He reacted with a mixture of surprise and satisfaction to the change of opinion of Dr. Morales.

February 8, 1979, I had a second interview with Dr.Morales and found him calm, happier and very open. In this friendly atmosphere he answered my pointed questions by saying that he accepted Garabandal as supernatural and that the messages came directly from God.

Then he told me how, a month before his wife died of cancer, he had borrowed from another cancer patient a crucifix kissed by the Virgin of Garabandal and presented it to his wife to kiss. Her pains disappeared and she remained with interior peace until the end. He also told me, with evident joy, that the patient from whom he'd borrowed the crucifix miraculously recovered completely from his cancer and now works in a bank.

This should be enough to illustrate to the reader the position of the Church on Garabandal. To understand the apparently long wait from the ecclesiastical authorities to pronounce a judgment on Garabandal it is convenient to remember that when the Fatima apparitions occurred in 1917 the Church never made a pronouncement until 1930, when the Bishop of Leiria made a short statement about them.

Signed: Father Francis A. Benac, S.J.,
    Bombay, India

Reprinted with kind permission from GARABANDAL JOURNAL November-December 2005

Beth B likes this.
  12. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

COMMISSION PRIEST RESIGNS !

What does it say about this " Commission" when its OWN investigative Priest resigns ? Don Juan Antonio Del Val Gallo later becomes the Bishop of Santandar ,and he lifts the ban on priests to say mass there, and more importantly ,he initiates a new investigation Committee ,who findings are much different from the first bogus Commission, and they are sent to the Vatican. ( * also note the first Commission , never sent a report to the Vatican because they could not verify their claims, because they had no witnesses interviewed, they never even interviewed the girls or their families ! )

Padre Lucio Rodrigo was consulted by the members of the "Special Commission" (except Dr. Morales), in the second half of the month of August 1961. Following this encounter with the renowned Spanish theologian, Don Juan Antonio del Val,( the future bishop of Santander ). . ., resigned from the "Commission."

[Excerpted from 'Garabandal' Book, J,Serre, page 100]

13. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

NOTABLE BELIEVERS OF GARABANDAL

Yes, there are many known and unknown, Popes, Saints & Blessed's, and Church leaders who believed. I can’t think of another apparition with this resume of believers.

Saint ( Padre ) Pio

Saint (Pope) John Paul II

Saint (Pope ) Paul VI

Saint (Mother) Teresa of Calcutta

Saint (Fr. ) Jose Maria Escriva

Saint (Madre) Maravillas

Pope Benedict XVI

Venerable Marthe Robin,

Venerable Fr. Ciszek ,

Venerable Padre Nieto,

Cardinal Ottaviani (Vatican Prefect of the Sacred Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith) ,

Archbishop of Madrid, Casimiro Morcillo Gonzalez

Arch Bishop Carlos Sierra of Madrid, Spain,

Arch Bishop Manuel Lopez of Mexico,

Bishop of Fatima Joao Venancio,

Fr. Constant Luis Pel

Madre Esperanza of Jesus,

Fr. Aloysius Ellacuria

Mother Angelica

You’re in good company !

Carol55, Beth B and josephite like this.
  14. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

15. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

ARE YOUR HANDS EMPTY ?
    The Last Apparition at Garabandal

November 13, 1965, was a day mixed with joy and sadness for Conchita. The Virgin appeared with her Child to the teenager but it was to be for the last time at Garabandal.
    As Mary had already indicated this was to be a special apparition for kissing religious objects and Conchita had many with her. After kissing the articles, the Virgin said: 'Through the kiss I have bestowed on these objects, my Son will perform prodigies. Distribute them to others. Talk to me, Conchita, talk to me about my children. I hold them all beneath my mantle. This will be the last time you will see me here but I shall always be with you and with all my children. Conchita, why don't you go and visit my Son in the tabernacle? He waits for you night and day."
    Conchita said to the Virgin, "I am so happy when I see both of you. Why don't you take me now to heaven with you?" She replied, "Remember what I told you on your patronal feast day? " When you present yourself before God, your hands must be filled with good deeds done for your brothers and for His glory. At the present time, your hands are empty."
    Mary said “ Conchita, I am not coming only for you but I am coming for all my children, with a desire to see them closer to our hearts”.

“Garabandal“ by J. Serre -p.201

16. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

St. Joseph Indulgence
    A MESSAGE FROM CONCHITA ON OBTAINING PLENARY INDULGENCES , January 13, 2021

I met with Conchita today, and she asked me to post this short message. Conchita urges everyone to read this message carefully (as many have not heard about it ) on how to obtain this indulgence, and to do it as frequently as possible this year, not only for yourselves, but especially for the intentions of family members and friends who may have passed on. She reminded me that the indulgence wipes away the penalty due for our sins from that day and previously, (not for future sins).
    From December 8, 2020 – December 7, 2021 , The gift of special Indulgences is granted on the occasion of the Year of Saint Joseph, announced by Pope Francis to celebrate the 150th anniversary of the proclamation of Saint Joseph as Patron of the universal Church. See how to do it below.
    https://www.ewtn.com/catholicism/library/in-the-year-of-saint-joseph-the-gift-of-indulgences-20560

TinNM and josephite like this.
  17. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

TinNM and Mario like this.
  18. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

Don't try to test our Blessed Mother !

Two couples approached Conchita and gave her four wedding rings, so that in her next ecstasy she would give them to be kissed by the Virgin. As Conchita offered the rings to Our Lady, she was heard to say: "You don't want to kiss them? But I don't understand. Ah! So I have to tell them to straighten out their lives and be good?" After the ecstasy, Conchita returned the rings to the man who had given them to her and told him and his companions what the Virgin had said. He was very embarrassed and said, "We came here to prove Garabandal was false if the girls gave us back the rings on our fingers, because none of us are married and we only bought the rings for this occasion."

In another story, while in ecstasy the girls used to give wedding rings to Our Lady to kiss, and then always looking upwards and guided by the Virgin, they would return the wedding rings placing them directly on the fingers of the owners, never making a mistake, even though sometimes the husband would be on one side of the room and the wife on the other. On one occasion, while returning wedding rings to a couple, Mari Loli in ecstasy, was heard to say: "Why do I have to put this on the left hand? Ah, because they are from Valencia!" (that was their custom ).

Conchita’s mother Aniceta tells us the story:

A young man arrived here with a young woman, a couple. He was dressed like any normal young man, and I assumed that they were just a young dating couple. It was raining a lot and the place was full of people. Conchita, in ecstasy, came into the house. My sister was amidst the crowd and the young man approached her and said, “Give this cross to the girl.” My sister responded, “Why should I try to give it to her? She’s not going to take it. When she’s in ecstasy, she never receives anything.” “Well, give it to her mother then, so that her mother can give it to her.” My sister came up to me and said, “Here, that man said for you to give this to Conchita.” I responded, “Why am I going to give it to her? She never takes anything.”
    Then, I had an idea. What he wanted me to give to Conchita was a cross on a string, and so I thought of hanging it on her fingers, since she had her hands folded. Although Conchita spoke softly, I was close by and heard her insist to her vision, “I didn’t bring anything. I really didn’t bring anything.” She continued, “Well, if I have something, take it.”
    At that moment, Conchita took a step forward, lowered her hands and, in doing so, the cross fell on the ground. She took another step and stepped on the cross, “Ah! I’m stepping on it?”
    She bent down and picked up the cross, still in ecstasy, and held it up to her apparition to kiss. Then she turned around, facing the young man, made the sign of the cross over him and held it up for him to kiss. Turning back to the vision, she held it up again to be kissed and said, “Having such a beautiful habit as the Dominican habit, what a pity that he came dressed like that!”.

Then, turning back to the man, she took his glasses off and put them in his hands. The man was afraid and I said to him, “Don't worry, she won’t break them.”
    She made the sign of the cross over him, held up his cross to be kissed again, and then put it around his neck. However, she put it on him backwards, the image was turned inwards. “Oh! I put it on him backwards?” She took it off, turned it around and put it back around his neck.
    Then she opened his hands, took his glasses and put them back on his face. Then she repeated, “What a shame that they come dressed like that!”

He was a Dominican priest in disguise, wearing normal clothing, and accompanied by a young lady, who appeared to be his girlfriend, but who turned out to be his sister“.

Reprinted with kind permission from GARABANDAL JOURNAL, MAY-JUNE 2003

Francis Vincent likes this.
  19. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

Glenn’s Locution (and a glimpse at the Warning) 7-15-95
    26 years ago today, I was on a “Youth 2000” retreat in July 14-16, 1995 at Steubenville University in Ohio. During that weekend, there was to be outdoor confessions, and a mass, set up in a giant tent. When that night arrived, there had been a terrible storm heading our way, so the event was moved indoors, into a gym.
    I had traveled there with some friends, one of which was a priest.
    He gave the homily about the story in the bible about the woman who had a blood disorder, and her faith was such that she felt that if she could just touch the hem of Jesus’ garment, she would be healed, this nameless, bleeding woman who'd traveled 30 miles, fueled by nothing but faith.
    ( “ if I just touch his clothes, I will be healed” -Mark 5:28 )

After the homily, the priest walked around the gym with the Monstrance holding the Eucharist. Many people became "slain in the spirit" thus falling over as he passed by. When he came near me, ( I don’t know what motivated me) but I touched the bottom of his priestly garment (alb ), and I fell over too. Unfortunately I experienced a great sadness about myself ( an awareness of my sinfulness, a minor foreshadowing of the Warning to come , but I fear will be much worse).
    Amazingly enough, the next day when we awoke, the entire outdoor area for the event was heavily damaged by the storm, but something miraculous had also happened. The only tents that remained standing, was the confessional tents, and the giant tent where the mass was supposed to be held . More amazing was that the large poles that held the tent had become unearthed, and knocked over hundreds of chairs. We all immediately drew the same conclusion that the “evil one” was infuriated by this event, and he destroyed the area ( imagine if hundreds of kids were at the outdoor event ?? ). An amazing sign that God would not let the mass and confessional tents be knocked down , during this furious storm, or the evil ones temper tantrum.

When I returned home I still had questions as to what happened to me. I went to a Eucharistic Adoration night at the church ( and on the advice of a friend, he told me to just sit quietly ,which if you know me, is very tough, lol )
    I asked one question, then remained silent. The question I asked Jesus was "why did this happen to me ?". And as clear as if someone was speaking to me, I heard a voice in my head say "I let you touch me, so I could touch you. "
    I actually turned around to see if someone was near me because the voice was so clear, and of course, no one was there. It’s quite an amazing feeling to know that God took a few seconds to acknowledge my question, and answer me, so personally.

20. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

TinNM likes this.