GARABANDAL INFO & ANSWERS

Discussion in 'GARABANDAL LIBRARY' started by Glenn, Aug 18, 2017.

1. Petrus

Petrus New Member

Thank you for the address to that site. It is a weird one that leads me to facebook, then directs me to a place that says: "page not found". But don't worry, I already tried contacting them through email, and these things could be very slow.

I didn't post in here to request for these things by the way, I really wanted to thank you for this thread. :)

Glenn likes this.
  2. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

UNTANGLED ROSARIES AND MEDALS.
    Another interesting miraculous phenomenon was the returning of rosaries. Now that people started to believe the Blessed Mother was actually appearing at Garabandal, they would bring their rosaries and medals to be kissed by her. They were all piled on a table for the girls to offer up to her. Entangled when presented by the girls to be blessed by the Blessed Mother, the rosaries and medals would incredibly untangle smoothly when being returned to their owners. Even without any pre-established order, the Garabandal visionaries also never erred in returning each object to its proper owner.
    [​IMG]

lynnfiat and Petrus like this.
  3. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

Mary & The Brown Scapular
    When Mary appeared as Our Lady of Mt. Carmel, wearing the Brown Scapular over her arm, she instantly sent a message of its importance. It also connected the wearing of the Brown Scapular to the devotions Mary talked about (the rosary, the Morning Offering prayer ) and to the Garabandal messages.
    Mary has appeared in four apparitions with the Brown Scapular.
    Aylesford in 1251
    Lourdes 1858
    Fatima 1917
    Garabandal 1961-65
    [​IMG]

Booklady, lynnfiat and Petrus like this.
  4. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

GARABANDAL- “The Pines - Sacred ground
    The Virgin Mary referred to “the Pines“ : "God loves this place very much. This place is sacred."
    We all know about the special area of Garabandal called "The Pines" (the 9 Pine trees where the Blessed Mother appeared, and foretold of the great Miracle that will take place there),but there are some other facts that have been forgotten about over time. Mary called this place "sacred".
    Conchita 's Grandfather Serafin, in 1947 he was the mayor of the village, had the idea that every child, in commemoration of his or her First Holy Communion would plant a pine tree on the heights above the village as a symbol for his or her life. Of those planted, nine survived and grew into massive trees, at the place to which the Virgin Mary referred ' saying: "God loves this place very much. This place is sacred." Today they are called "los pinos" and we await the great Miracle announced by the visionary children. Mary said "It will be the greatest miracle that my Son, Jesus, will have ever performed for mankind. It will also be the last one before the end”.
    Recently I have confirmed that Garabandal has a history of doing a nightly Rosary for over 500 years ! It’s no wonder why “God loves this place very much,this place is sacred !”
    [​IMG]

Booklady and Petrus like this.
  5. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

6. Advocata Nostra

Advocata Nostra Archangels

I loved reading your post and appreciate it immensely as a member of this forum!~AN

Donna259, Mario and Petrus like this.
  7. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

OCTOBER 16 1961

Loli heals a sick baby/ Conchita confirms apparitions to doubting priests.

On the following day a group of people from Asturias came to Garabandal. It was an ordinary day, Monday, October 16th. An ordinary day on the calendar, but very distinguished in our annals.
    As night fell there was an ecstasy, a phenomenon that was never dull . . . not even for those who were seeing it every day. During it the accustomed time arrived for presenting the holy articles that the people wished to be kissed, and then the time for their return to their owners.
    In the room where Loli's trance was taking place, a man finally forced himself in. It was the first time that he had been at Garabandal, and he carried in his arms a sick baby who was a heavy cross on his shoulders. The baby was crying. Loli, undoubtedly advised by the apparition, went toward it and — without looking — signed it with a perfect sign of the cross. Immediately the tears stopped and on the convulsing face of the little child an unexpected smile appeared. The father's sad expression softened with emotion, and he said simply, I have never yet seen him smile!

Loli holds up article to be kissed.
    When the ecstasy ended, Mari Loli asked for the sick baby who was carried in his father's arms. She wanted to meet him, since she had not yet seen him, and at the same time she wanted to transmit the message with which she had been charged. She caressed the little baby and said to the father, dwelling slowly on the words, The Virgin told me that you shouldn't worry.
    Jacinta — who at the time was in ecstasy in the street, searching for the man who had come — also repeated, on the part of the Virgin the same words of comfort concerning the little baby. [According to Fr. Valentin's notes, it seems that the episode of the sick child occurred not on the 16th, but rather on the 17th; perhaps during the night between the 16th and the 17th: «Loli, in ecstasy, went up to a sick child, made the sign of the cross over him several times and gave him the cross to kiss. It was a very moving scene, since the father of the child wept and cried aloud for his cure.»]
    I would have liked to present a follow-up on the outcome with this baby, but up to now I have not been able.
    Watching the different facets of that vigil was a large group of spectators, among whom were the Asturians whom we mentioned. These were mainly young boys, but two men among them appeared to be their guides or leaders. One said to the boys, Observe with close attention, and don 't let yourself be influenced, because these things . . .
    At 10:30 at night they gathered in front of Ceferino's ancient house. Then Conchita came there in ecstasy, drew near, and began to hold out the crucifix to be kissed . . . The two men kept themselves away from her, and in order to hide better, went up the outside stairway of a nearby house.[This house was torn down a few years later. It had a staircase with half a dozen stone steps leading up from the street.] However the girl — with her head in a position incredibly tilted backwards, without seeing either them or the stairway — climbed the stairs miraculously and held out the crucifix for them to kiss. The first man shook visibly, and turned his head; but the girl managed to make the sign of the cross on him twice with the holy image. She insisted again that he kiss it and once again the man refused. A third time the girl made the sign of the cross over him with an extreme gentleness in her expression. Only then did the man relent and put his lips on the crucifix! Almost the same thing happened with his companion.
    Conchita majestically descended the stairs and went toward the captain of the Civil Guard to give him the holy cross to kiss. Unexpectedly she turned and again walked toward these two men and held the crucifix in front of them. Once again they refused to kiss it! The onlookers were both indignant and scandalized. The girl suddenly came out of the trance, and everyone could see the most obstinate of the two trembling as if he were in pain. He went to hide in a corner where some of the young boys followed him,
    — Father X, what has happened? — Let me alone, let me alone. Finally he confessed:
    — You have seen how I refused the crucifix that the girl offered me . . . Well, after finally kissing it, I mentally asked God for proof: "My Lord, if all this that is happening is truly supernatural, let the girl come to me another time and let her ecstasy stop immediately; thus I will be able to believe." You see what happened. Don't ask me anything more.
    Those two men who attracted attention by their attitude were priests; one of them appears to have been a pastor in Turón, the big mining center in Asturias.
    Of course we can seek signs from God; but we do not have the right to demand them according to our pleasure. If He condescends, praise be to His name!
    In this case there was still more. Conchita, once the ecstasy had ended, had no reason to stay in that spot during the late hours, so she took the street to her home. But she had hardly left the plaza when she went into ecstasy again . . . And once again the people gathered around her. Our difficult priest still desired more than what he had received, and requested in his mind: If the girl comes to me because she knows supernaturally that I am a priest, let her prove it to me, and let her give me the crucifix to kiss again, and let her make the sign of the cross several times over me (something that she had not done with anyone else).
    The girl's response to this new and most secret demand was marvelous, satisfying the minister of God who was acting so much like St. Thomas on that unforgettable night in Garabandal.

"SHE WENT IN HASTE TO THE MOUNTAINS" BOOK 2 PG 280-282.

8. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

OCTOBER 16, 1968:
    PADRE PIO, LOURDES AND CONCHITA:
    NEW EXCEPTIONAL "CONFIRMATIONS"
    OF THE AUTHENTICITY OF GARABANDAL

When Blessed Padre Pio died, on September 23, 1968, Conchita was very perplexed. The Blessed Virgin's prophecy, predicting that he would see the Miracle, had apparently not been fulfilled . . .
    But, on October 16 of the same year, the visionary received a telegram from Lourdes. It was sent by a lady friend of hers, urging her to go to the world-famous Sanctuary, to receive a letter written by Blessed Padre Pio (written, by the way, just . . . one day before the Blessed Capuchin "confirmed," once more, the supernatural authenticity of Garabandal to a French author in spiritual matters, whom we know very well ( Jacques Serre).
    Convent of the Capuchins, August 22, 1968,
    For Conchita - Padre Pio has said:
    "I pray the most Blessed Virgin to comfort her and to guide her towards sanctity. I bless her with all my heart."
    Fr. Pellegrino
    This note dictated by Padre Pio the very day, at the time of the Feast of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, to Fr. Pellegrino, then Superior of the Monastery of San Giovanni Rotondo, was brought to Conchita by one of the famous Capuchin's messengers and friends, the Franciscan Fr. Bernardino Cennamo, who himself had been in San Sebastian de Garabandal on June 18, 1965, and had witnessed the spectacular ecstasy of that famous day, but still doubting about its divine origin . . . until the famous Capuchin of Pietrelcina asked him to offer Conchita the little veil that was to be used to cover his face soon after his death -- a most exceptional 'relic' that the visionary inherited at Lourdes. She also learned from Fr. Bernardino that Padre Pio had clearly "seen the Miracle" shortly before dying (on August 22, 1968): "He told me so himself," the Franciscan insisted.
    A few days later, Conchita wrote to Joey Lomangino and mentioned the altogether important recent "event." She would later write a complete account of this for Elisa, a friend of Barcelona. ( Fr. A. Combe, a French priest, who had accompanied Conchita and her mother to Lourdes, also would provide us with a full account of that most remarkable, providential trip). Furthermore, all the irrefutable facts occurred before and after the famous Note of Msgr. Cirarda, October 9, 1968! As to Fr. B. Cennamo himself, he will eventually corroborate firmly what has been said above, in a letter of July 4, 1969, to an English gentleman.
    [From 'Garabandal' Book, pages 216-217]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

October 17th, 1961: Testimony by the Brigadier Leader of the Civil guard in Garabandal, Mr. Juan Alvarez Seco

"I went up that day with 14 pairs of guards to maintain order, as it was the day before the 18th. Conchita came up to me in ecstasy and gave me the Cross to kiss, which for me was a sign of hope that everything was going to turn out well, despite the huge number of people that came to Garabandal and despite the heavy rain that hadn’t stopped all day. There wasn’t even the slightest problem. I calculated that there were about 12 thousand to 15 thousand people in Garabandal that day. The fact that there were 8 hundred to a thousand cars and no accidents, to me was a huge surprise."- Juan Alvarez Seco,
    [​IMG]

Petrus likes this.
  10. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

Mr. Juan Alvarez Seco. He is one of the most important witnesses at the apparitions because he can not believe what the Bishop's "Commission" is doing, which is trying to discredit the apparitions, and not doing a legitimate investigation. Juan Seco : “ THEY WERE NOT INTERESTED IN BELIEVING WITNESSES, BUT ONLY THE UNBELIEVING. THEY WANTED AT ALL COST, TO DISCREDIT THE MANIFISTATIONS, AND IN ORDER TO ACHIEVE THIS, THAT HAD TO ELIMINATE ANY WITNESS,INCLINED TO BE FAVORABLE, NO MATTER WHAT HIS COMPETENCY”.

From “The Village Speaks” pgs 69 - 70.

11. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

"LIVE THE MESSAGES !"

At age 16 Conchita was already was spiritually wise: "There is no point in our believing in the apparitions if we do not heed the message."

(Star on the Mountain, p. 118 )

“To guess at dates regarding the [prophesied] Miracle shows a lack of faith in the Blessed Virgin. Indeed, the energies expended on this are so much better spent on living the Message! “

March 2013 Glenn’s conversation with Conchita

With all of the arguing over which of the different visionary’s is right, predicting dates, the future of our new Pope, the direction of the church, I've learned one thing, its all distracting, and detracting from our spiritual goals. The best advice I ever got was from Conchita ( when I asked her about the direction of all these things) ,she talked about what is most important, maintaining your spiritual life, (Confession, penance ,mass, communion, the rosary, the Morning Offering, etc.) and she said :

" I surround myself with good people, pray and don't worry " .

( Sounds like she took the advice of her friend Padre Pio )

When asked the question, “What is the most important thing we must do? She said: “Keep the Commandments,” This sums up the way she lives her life today. People who think that she lives it waiting for the Miracle are mistaken. She does not. Her life is anchored in our Catholic beliefs. If you lived in her neighborhood and observed her, you would simply see an average wife and mother who practices her religion daily. Conchita has said to me, “I don’t know how anyone gets through the joys and trials of life without prayer.”

Many years ago when I started promoting the apparitions, while having a conversation with Conchita, she asked me " Do you do the rosary every day? " I said " well, ...not every day, I'm busy, I have several jobs". She said " Don't promote the messages, unless you are going to live the messages". Wow, that kind of knocked me for a loop, but she's right ! It is amazing that when you make the time to do those things, it seems like there is plenty of time to do them. God is funny that way. One of the most powerful weapons we all have, is sitting right in our homes every day, waiting to be used, USE IT !

10300269_850885898266575_3458989782506247037_n.jpg

12. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

TODAY IN GARABADNAL HISTORY : OCTOBER 18, 1961:

THE BLESSED MOTHER'S 1st MESSAGE AT GARABANDAL

October 18, 1961-- 59 years ago today, Mary sent her first warning to us . Sadly the world has not heeded her words. Hopefully the “Warning & Miracle” will change the hearts of this selfish world.

“We must make many sacrifices, perform much penance, and visit the Blessed Sacrament frequently. But first, we must lead good lives. If we do not, a chastisement will befall us. The cup is already filling up, and if we do not change, a very great chastisement will come upon us. “

(Below: footage from that rainy day )

13. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

TODAY IN GARABADNAL HISTORY : OCTOBER 18, 1961:

The Blessed Virgin wanted the Message read in front of the church.

THE FIRST "MESSAGE" IS MADE PUBLIC AT LAST .

It was on this liturgical and extremely meaningful day (see note at end of this message) that, at 10 P.M. at the Pines, the visionaries read the (first) Message of Garabandal. It was a formal, public and explicit Message which, on the previous June 24, had appeared in large writing at the feet of the Angel. These were all new and original elements carrying biblical overtones. A message of salvation, the principal revelation of Garabandal, was being given to the world. The Blessed Virgin who, as early as on the previous July 2, had asked the girls if they had understood its meaning, was thus straightaway manifesting the primary intention of her "visit."

"WE MUST MAKE MANY SACRIFICES, PERFORM MUCH PENANCE, AND VISIT THE BLESSED SACRAMENT FREQUENTLY. BUT FIRST, WE MUST BE VERY GOOD. IF WE DO NOT, A CHASTISEMENT WILL BEFALL US. THE CUP IS ALREADY FILLING UP, AND IF WE DO NOT CHANGE, A VERY GREAT CHASTISEMENT WILL COME UPON US."

The Message, apparently "childish and infantile," conceals, in fact, a powerful prophetic and evangelical charge of universal scope. It calls upon the unavoidable responsibility of every human moral conscience, that of the Christian as that of the unbeliever. It already makes reflect the interior light of the "Splendor of Truth" (God) on man and the quality of his heart, and finally on the whole world.
    On this October 18, 1961, at San Sebastian de Garabandal, the weather itself was to testify in its own way to the twofold aspect of the Message: a torrential rain fell all day on the village; it hailed, it snowed, the thundery rain never stopped rumbling and the thunder itself reverberating. Must we impute that to chance? Or was this not a very special reminder of the theophanies of the Old Covenant, e.g. that of the Exodus and of Mount Sinai? . . . On the other hand, at the moment when the Message was about to be proclaimed and translated into various languages, a strong wind blew in the valley, chased away all the clouds and revealed a bright moon shining in the sky!
    An ecstasy followed the reading of this first Message. Our Lady then announced to Conchita, definitively this time, that a great Miracle was certain to come.
    Father Ramon Maria Andreu was the first person to whom the visionary spoke of this miracle, on the morning of the next day. Back from the Pines, totally downhearted and bewildered by the simplicity of the "little" Message, Ramon had been called first by Mari-Loli and then by Conchita after the ecstasy of the evening of this 18th of October, 1961. They repeated to him what the Blessed Virgin had revealed to them about him: that is, the details of his extremely painful interior states and the exact sites where he had felt them. The next day, as we saw, Conchita assured him that the Blessed Virgin had sent her to console him in that "there would be a Miracle. However, I still do not know what it will be, or when it will come."

Note: How one could not discern here the profound spiritual meaning of the choice of "October 18" for the first Message to be given at San Sebastian de Garabandal, that is on the very Feastday of the evangelist (and author of the Acts of the Apostles), whose very attractive and accessible personality is already so marvelously adapted to contemporary men and women? The first Message displays some connection with the essential characteristics of the hagiographer's writings: Luke's sincere attachment to the person of Mary, Mother of the Redeemer; his universal call to the radical Message, which is the Gospel; his exhortation to conversion and to change (metanoia), to repentance, to prayer and to the spirit of poverty; his delight in the spirit; his insistence on the authentic divine kindliness and mercy, on the preaching of the Gospel to the entire world within the framework of the mystery and the time of the Church, and his interest for everything that concerns the mystery of the salvation of Israel; his theological and eschatological hope already existentially existing between an already acquired salvation and one that is not yet fully accomplished; finally his recall of the possibility of a fair condemnation, the mysterious counter-picture of a jealous divine Love for the human being, symbolized in Scripture but also in the two Messages of Garabandal, by the image of the "Cup of the Wrath of God." However, this Wrath will come to bear only after the patient delays of His Mercy.
    [Excerpted from 'Garabandal' Book, page 109.]

14. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

Booklady, lynnfiat and Petrus like this.
  15. lynnfiat

lynnfiat Fiat Voluntas Tua

Glenn,
    If you have been to or planning a trip in the near future to Garabandal, you may want to visit the House of Sanctification which located near the pines. Also, Fr. Raphael of the Home of the Mother is located near by. Two good places to visit. God bless.

16. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

I have no immediate plans to go, but thank you, I'll keep this in mind.

17. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

SAINT (POPE) PAUL VI : QUOTES ON GARABANDAL

“ Conchita, I bless you and with me the whole church will bless you “.

Pope Paul VI had shown a very special interest in the apparitions. At an audience given to Fr. Xavier Escalda, S.J., the latter mentioned there were many opponents of the apparitions even amongst his own people. His Holiness promptly rejoined:
    "It doesn't matter; tell these gentlemen that it is the Pope who has said that it is most important and most urgent to make these messages known to the world."
    Father Escalada explained his work in spreading the message of Garabandal in Mexico and the Pope Paul VI encouraged him to continue saying: "These messages must be made known." Father Escalada asked the Pope for his permission to continue promoting Garabandal and the Pope said “YES”. Pope Paul VI said :
    "It is the most beautiful story of humanity since the days of Christ. It is like a second life of the Virgin on earth. And we can never be grateful enough for it."
    , "Jacinta, I am with you, but we have to pray much and have much patience . . : it. is necessary to pray that the Church will become aware of the importance of Garabandal."
    In June 1969, Pope Paul sent his personal blessing to Difurora Mariana of Mexico, along with the gift of a crucifix for every member of the Garabandal Centre there, encouraging them to continue promoting the messages of Garabandal.
    [​IMG]

Joseph Gregory, lynnfiat and Petrus like this.
  18. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

SAINT JOSE MARIE ESCRIVA AND GARABANDAL

On October 6, 2002, Pope John Paul II canonized the founder of Opus Dei in St Peter’s Square, Rome, in the presence of more than 300,000 people from all round the world.
    His feast day is June 26th.
    The link between St Josemaría Escrivá de Balaguer with the Garabandal apparitions is not well known. In the summer of 1962 he spent a few days on holiday in Suances, Cantabria, during which he visited Garabandal, accompanied by several young men , probably members of Opus Dei. He spoke cheerfully and profoundly to the girls, an experience they still recall fondly after all these years. The visit was not unusual since at that time, and up until the Official Note of the Bishop of Santander of 7 October 1962, many priests visited Garabandal.

As it happens, news of this visit came out by chance years later when somebody showed the girls a prayer picture for God’s favour through his intercession, printed during his canonization. It was then that the girls joyfully recounted the meeting. He would not have risked his reputation if he did not believe in the apparitions, and tell others about his trip to talk to the girls. This was also confirmed by Mother Nieves.
    “A Saint is a sinner who keeps trying”. - St. Escriva
    [​IMG]

Joseph Gregory, lynnfiat and Petrus like this.
  19. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

A Doctor’s experience ( Testing Loli )

" My husband approached the kneeling girls, grabbed Loli under her arms, and attempted to lift her. It was impossible to even budge her. She appeared welded to the floor, more like a block of stone than a little girl "

https://ourlady.ca/2020/04/a-doctors-experience/

20. Julia

Julia Immaculate Heart of Mary, pray for us.

Glenn, thank you for your fidelity in keeping the message of Garabandal alive. I do believe you are consoling Our Heavenly Mother, and saving many souls by your awesome courage and conviction. God bless you and your family. Peace, and fraternal love now and always. Julia :)