GARABANDAL INFO & ANSWERS

Discussion in 'GARABANDAL LIBRARY' started by Glenn, Aug 18, 2017.

1. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

Fr. Ramon Andreu Testimony AUGUST 1, 1961
    "Many people have seen the girls hit their knees hard when they fall and they have always
    observed that they show no feeling of pain. I have seen them stay on their
    knees for over an hour on many occasions without complaining of exhaustion or
    pain. I have witnessed how they fall on their knees many times, including from
    one or two stairs high, and they do not show the slightest sign of pain. The
    most spectacular thing in this sense was when María Dolores was on her knees
    one night and fell forwards, hitting her neck very hard against the edge of the
    stairs. It made a very loud noise, and her head resisted; the girl ended up
    sitting on the floor. An exclamation went through everyone who was there, and
    there was fear in their faces. The girl laughed once she was sitting on the
    floor and she continued talking about an object with the vision as she had been
    doing before the fall."
    “In those postures, more or less invariable, but always on their knees (except Jacinta who on one or two occasions was as we have described), staying there for an hour and twenty-five minutes. The one who wrote this, although he was almost sitting, needed to change his posture at least twice in this same amount of time. Upon finishing the trance, they prayed the rosary without moving from the place or giving any sign of fatigue. The ground of the road was full of rocks as roads are in mountain villages; with natural rocks, that are well-traveled (that have unequal surfaces that cause the inexperienced to trip). Mari Cruz had a wedge of rock about 5 centimeters wide under her left knee. Towards the end of the apparition, the girls made a visor with their hands, as though they were contemplating something that was becoming brighter and brighter.
    Fr. Ramon Andreu,
    notebook #1 August 1,1961

2. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

Padre Pio's visit to Garabandal in bilocation!

Conchita had written to Padre Pio requesting his advice on various subjects that concerned her, and before the letter had time to reach San Giovanni Rotondo, a group of Padre Pio's spiritual children composed of five Italians, one Frenchman, one Canadian, one Filipino and a Belgian priest, visit her in Garabandal, announcing to her the visit of Padre Pio to respond directly to her questions.

Then, on October 10, 1967, through a phenomenon of bilocation (the capacity of one person to be present in two places at the same time), Padre Pio's visit to Conchita took place at his house, where he was about an hour . She can see his figure, unmistakable habit, hear his voice, kiss his hands and notice the penetrating and characteristic perfume that comes out of his wounds.

During his visit, he said among other things that he had been in Garabandal four times and, as proof of the authenticity of his presence, he writes in a letter in Aramaic the phrase "in union of prayers" and signed P Pio.

Note: It must be reported that Padre Pio never left during his entire religious life, from the Convent in San Giovanni Rotondo, Italy. His visit to Garabandal only happened by the process of bilocation that only happen to some saints. 10-10-67

https://www.apostoladodegarabandal.com/en/as-cartas-do-padre-pio/

Mario and John T like this.
  3. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

TODAY IN GHARABANAL HISTORY: AUGUST 3, 1961

NEW ECSTATIC PHENOMENA

The swaying movements began on the 31st of July. They were to be the prelude of yet more striking manifestations: the ecstatic falls, a kind of slow and graceful collapse of the children until they were stretched out on the ground.

These falls occurred quite frequently. Every time they happened, the girls drew attention by their beauty, their grace and the modesty of their attitudes and expressions.

Spectators could not help but be inclined to admire and respect them. The visionaries were always dressed in a most decent way, their clothes covering them sometimes even in a sliding movement opposite to the natural direction of the fall.

Mari-Loli and Jacinta were the first to "inaugurate" this phenomenon; they would remain stretched out some ten minutes in this astonishing position.

Brigadier Secco heard Mari-Loli asking her Vision: "If you don't help me, I could not get up." Then she was seen extending her arm, and as if raised by a mysterious force, "she slowly rose to a sitting position."

[Excerpted from 'Garabandal' Book, pages 75-77.]

falls2 (2).jpg

4. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

Today in Garabandal History August 4,1961
    OUR BLESSED MOTHER'S VOICE IS HEARD!

Conchita recounts the story in the book "Our Lady comes to Garabandal" . She said " I was returning from the fields, we met my Godmother Maximina Gonzalez, she was very excited and said this to us "Do you know the voice of the Blessed Virgin has been heard on a tape recorder ?" " What did she say I asked ? " She replied " Loli and Jacinta asked her (The Blessed Virgin) "Speak, Please Speak" and the people heard an answer : " No, I won’t speak " . My Godmother told me that people began to cry because they were very moved at having heard the Blessed Virgin's voice.

You can download this whole story from the book ,
    "SHE WENT IN HASTE TO THE MOUNTAIN" CHAPTER 7 on page 156.
    Here is the link: (you can enlarge print with "+" sign in lower right corner,when you move your mouse there).
    http://stjosephpublications.com/.../PDF/Book1_Chapter_07.pdf

5. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

Today in Garabandal History August 4,1962 :

New recitation of the Hail Mary.

August 4. At 9:30, after the rosary, the four girls went into ecstasy. They went to the cuadro then later to the Pines praying the rosary. During the Hail Mary, they said, "Holy Mary, Mother of God and our Mother." They descended backwards toward the church; they walked around it. It lasted about an hour. There were two seminary professors from San Sebastian, a Claretian priest, and Father Alba, S.J., from Barcelona as well as Father José Ramon.

Father Valentin was struck by the addition of "our Mother" to the recitation of the Hail Mary. And he was not the only one. Luis Navas, the lawyer from Palencia, who was present that day, wrote: "We had never heard them say it this way, 'Mother of God and our Mother.' The village priest took note of this very interesting detail that so much reflects the maternal character of the Virgin. The visionaries' way of speaking, with their even-pitched, soft, delicate, melodious voices filled our souls with tranquility, as though we were feeling Our Lady above our heads."

We can understand Mr. Navas's sentiments. But if the new form of the Hail Mary was a novelty to him, certainly it was not to Father Valentin, unless it was due to the tone and the persistence of the girls, since "Mother of God and our Mother" was heard for the first time in Garabandal on August 1 of the previous year, as has been mentioned. (Note: Our Lady told the visionaries that she liked it very much but told them it should not be used publicly unless it was approved by the Church.

Mario likes this.