GARABANDAL INFO & ANSWERS

Discussion in 'GARABANDAL LIBRARY' started by Glenn, Aug 18, 2017.

1. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

2. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

A MEMBER ASKED: WHY IS CONCHITA GIVING US 8 DAYS NOTICE BEFORE THE MIRACLE ?

Mary never revealed why she chose that number of days but the number 8 is very significant such that it is used 73 times in the Bible. It is the symbol of Resurrection and Regeneration. In Bible numerology, 8 means new beginning; it denotes “a new order or creation, and man's true 'born again' event when he is resurrected from the dead into eternal life.” So with the Warning and Miracle, we have another chance to live as God wants us to, (as he has shown us the error of our ways in the Warning), a new beginning. Just my opinion.

Mario, Indy, jackzokay and 1 other person like this.
  3. JeromeinDesert

JeromeinDesert Totus Tuus

thank you so very much Glenn for your Herculean efforts at keeping us informed!

Mario, John T, Carol55 and 2 others like this.
  4. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

5. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

6. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

7. jackzokay

jackzokay Archangels

I can but echo these sentiments.
    Good stuff, Glen..

Glenn likes this.
  8. garabandalmiracle

garabandalmiracle New Member

did conchita say that the miracle will occur during 'easter season', i.e after easter sunday and not during lent.?

9. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

She never used either of those terms. The reason I said it was in April is from 2 interviews,were she inadvertently cancelled out March & May. here is the proof I offer.

"We Now Know That The Miracle Will Happen In The Month Of April ..."

Interview with Father Gustavo Morelos

Reprinted with permission from The Vigil January - April 1988

While in Rome, Maria Saraco met with Father Gustavo Morelos on May 6,1986, and did a tape-recorded interview with him. Father who is Mexican was ordained a priest 28 years ago. He is the founder of "The Sons of The Divine Will." He conducted a serious 3-month study of the Garabandal Apparitions with the permission of his bishop during his stay there in 1965. He was also a great and personal friend of Padre Pio. Father Morelos is responsible for introducing Our Lady of Carmel of Garabandal to the entire South American part of the world.

Q. Did Conchita ever reveal anything special to you?
    A. Well, she used to say to me that if I guessed the day of The Miracle that she would tell me, so I would try to guess the date but I never did. Every time I would give her a date she would say, "No that's not it." Until one time she said, "I will help you to guess. It will happen between the months of February and July and it will be between the 7th and the 17th, but I will not tell you which year." She assured me that The Miracle would not happen in the month of May. I enjoyed talking to Conchita about this while trying to guess the date... Of course, only Conchita knows the exact date and year which she will announce 8 days before it happens.

However, in the book, "Miracle at Garabandal" authored by Harry Daley; page 89, Conchita is quoted as saying, "I will also tell you that it (meaning the Miracle) is going to happen either in April or May. Since she had already assured Father Morelos back in 1965 that the Miracle would not happen in May, it can safely be concluded that April must be the month in which it will take place. I spoke to Conchita about all these details as recent as April 25, 1988 during a telephone conversation, and while she was not able to recall saying what she did to both Father Morelos and Harry Daley, commenting that she had not read his book, she did not deny saying them nor did she contradict April as being The Miracle month. I pointed out that I intended to publish this information in "The Vigil" unless she said it was not true which she did not do, rather her reply was, "You can do what you want."

John T, Genuflect and Sam like this.
  10. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

MANY MEMBERS HAVE ASKED ME WHEN WAS IT SAID THAT THE "WARNING & MIRACLE " ARE IN THE "SAME YEAR" ? THE REASON THEY ASK IS THAT MARI LOLI FIRST SAID THAT THE "W&M" WERE "WITHIN A YEAR". SHE LATER GAVE THIS INTERVIEW.

This interview was published in the “ Garabandal International” October-December 2004 issue
    The Warning. Interview with Mari Loli. July 27, 1975

Q. You have said that you know the year of the Warning. Can you tell us if it will occur in the next few years or is still distant in the future?
    A. No. I can't say anything.
    Q. Did the Blessed Mother tell you not to speak about the Warning?
    A. No, she didn't, but, because the Warning and the Miracle are within the same year, I feel it inside not to say anything.
    Q. How do you know the Warning and the Miracle are within the same year?
    A. During an apparition — I don' t remember just when — the Blessed Virgin told me.
    Q. Reportedly, you have said that when the Warning occurs everything will stand still, even planes in the sky. Is this true?
    A. Yes, but just for a few moments.
    Q. You mean that everything will stop at a given moment and at that moment the Warning will occur?
    A. Yes.
    Q. When was this information revealed to you?
    A. During an apparition the Blessed Virgin told me all this.
    Q. Was all the information given you during one apparition, or did Our Lady tell you this over several apparitions?
    A. She told me all of this during one apparition. I don't remember now if she spoke about the Warning during any other apparition.
    Q. Do you know how long the Warning will last?
    A. Just a few minutes.
    Q. Are you afraid of the Warning?
    A. Yes. Like everyone else. I have faults, and the Warning will show me my faults and this makes me afraid.
    Q. Can you tell us anything else about the Warning?
    A. All I can say is that it is very close and that it is very important that we prepare ourselves because it will be a terrible thing. It will make us feel all the wrong we have done.

John T likes this.
  11. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

josephite likes this.
  12. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

I am posting this in response to some who "think" they know Garabandal prophecy,but are incorrect in assuming this virus is the " Tribulation". Here is what the girls actually said about that event,and you can clearly see,it is unrelated.
    THE TRIBULATION

At 10.30 P.M. on June 19 th. 1962 in what became known as the first “nights of the screams” Mari Loli, Jacinta & Mari Cruz (Conchita was not present) were shown events in the period leading up to the time of the Warning. At Our Lady’s request, the onlookers were to keep at a distance, but they could clearly hear the screams of the young girls as they were shown the terrifying scenes of future events which lasted for up to 50 minutes. The people were so shocked they thought the world was about to come to an end, that practically the whole Village made very sincere Confessions the next morning & received Holy Communion.
    It was some time later before the girls started to speak about their ordeal when in 1967 Mari Loli revealed the following: “Although we continued to see the Blessed Virgin, we saw a great multitude of people who were suffering intensely and screaming in terror. The Blessed Virgin explained to us that this great tribulation, would come because a time would arrive when the Church would appear to be on the point of perishing. It would pass through a terrible trial. We asked the Virgin what this great trial was and She told us it was “Communism”.
    In 1965, Conchita had already said, “when communism comes again, everything will happen”. When questioned if this meant that communism would go away before then, Conchita replied, I don’t know, the Blessed Virgin simply said : “ when communism comes again “
    Mari Loli later went on to say “Russia will suddenly & unexpectedly overrun and overwhelm a great part of the free world “. These comments clearly refer to a Communist takeover led by Russia which will appear to have succeeded and in the midst of this frightful aggression will be a harrowing persecution of the Church. Priests will have to go into hiding, Churches will be boarded up and it will become very difficult for the faithful to practice their religion or for Holy Mass to be celebrated freely.
    During an interview with Fr. Francis Benac, S.J. in 1978, Mari Loli further explained “it was all related to communism and what is going to happen in the Church and to the people because all these things are to have repercussions amongst the people. When the Church suffers confusion, the people are going to suffer too. Some priests who are communists will create such confusion that people will not know right from wrong “.
    Jacinta stated in 1979, “These difficult events will take place before the Warning, because the Warning itself will occur when the situation will be at its worst “.

HeavenlyHosts, Sam and John T like this.
  13. Elisa

Elisa Powers

14. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

Read the bottom line, its available on the blue link, not on MOG.

15. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

MARTHE ROBIN (MARCH 13, 1902 - FEBRUARY 6, 1981) & Garabandal

At the origin of the Foundation of the Homes of Charity, Marthe was chosen by the Lord to live His Passion "the most completely after My Mother," He revealed to her in 1933 . . . He even added, "no one in the Church will ever have lived IT as completely as you will!"

Paralyzed since the age of twenty-seven, and also stigmatized, Marthe Robin would spend some fifty years of her life without sleep or food, nourishing herself uniquely with the Eucharistic Bread.
    When Fr. Laffineur, O.P. died in November 1970, he had left behind him his plan for the diffusion of the Message of Garabandal in a difficult situation. His close collaborator Fr. Combe decided to ask Marthe, whom he knew well, for her advice. The famous woman mystic welcomed him in the first months of 1971, in her house of La Plaine . . . Here is the account of her meeting as reported by Fr. Combe himself:
    ". . . Myself: "Dear Sister Marthe, as you know, I care about Garabandal . . ."
    Marthe: "Yes, Father . . ."
    Myself: "I was helping Fr. Laffineur . . . He died last November. And all that has followed . . ."
    Marthe: "Yes, the critics . . ."
    Myself: "I see that you know. So I come to ask for your advice. To me, the situation appears to be so difficult that from now on I would like to take care of only my parish of Chazay d'Azergues. I have already enough work in this ministry . . ."
    Marthe: (in a firm and almost cutting voice): "That's it, Father . . . You want to let everything go! . . ."
    Myself (I received the blow right through the heart and waited for the rest . . .)
    Marthe: "Aye! What must we do, Father, when we have received graces?"
    Myself: "I understand, Sister Marthe . . . I must then take up again the spreading of the Message of Garabandal? But, by doing so, I will receive blows from all sides, from the 'critics,' from the
    priests, the vicar-generals, and even blows from the shepherd's crook of Bishops . . ."
    Marthe: "Ah well! You will offer them to God. There, father, give me some news of the "children" of Garabandal . . ."
    This I did. Marthe listened, sometimes asking for details . . . Finally:
    Marthe: "Tell the four girls that I pray for them every day!"
    The limited time allotted to me for our interview was drawing to an end. Then Marthe asked me: "Would you like us to say an Our Father and a Hail Mary together?" - "Yes, Marthe. For the girls of Garabandal and their Bishop, for yourself and for the Houses of Charity and also for the blows dealt to us with a stick! . . ."
    After our prayer, I said: "Marthe, would you accept to have my Guardian Angel invite yours every day to take part in my Mass!" - "Oh! Yes, Father; they will pray together." And our conversation ended as usual with my blessing given with deep emotion.
    My heart was freed and determined; I came down from Marthe's room to the chapel of the Home of Charity. On my knees before the Lord Jesus, I gave thanks for the light received. Then, turning to the Blessed Virgin, I said to her: "Most Blessed Virgin, I understand very well . . . You want this . . . I will therefore take up again my pilgrim's staff . . . I am ready to walk for you to the end of the world" . . .
    Later, I saw Marthe Robin again. Every time, we spoke of Garabandal. She was interested in making known the Message; she loved to receive news from me about the four children, about their families and . . . especially about the Bishop of Santander . . .

Another of Marthe Robin's testimonies on Garabandal is the one she gave to Msgr. J. Bretault (Founder and first Bishop of the Diocese of Koudougou). One day, I took him to Chateauneuf-de-Galaure, which he liked so much. Before dropping him off, I asked him to remember me to Marthe and to ask her for a little word for me. The little word was a long report he wrote out immediately with tears of joy before the Blessed Sacrament . . . Msgr. J. Bretault had been overwhelmed by all the information Marthe knew about the difficulties in spreading the news about Garabandal in France after the death of Fr. Laffineur. She asked him to transmit a few details and some advice . . . that were very useful and effective for me."
    [From 'Garabandal' Book, pages 228-229]

Another great future Saint involved with Garabandal, Marthe Robin's cause for beatification was introduced in Rome in 1984. Pope Francis declared her “ Venerable “ on Nov. 8,2014.The recognition of a person as “venerable” is one step in the process leading to canonization.

16. Credo

Credo Christi Crux est Mea Lux

Hi Glenn,

For most of Conchita's adult life she has been notably reticent or taciturn regarding the happenings in Garabandal. It seemed this was an expression of her profound humility, innate (reserved) disposition, and personal opinion that everything of importance had already been voiced and documented in numerous books on the topic.

In fact, as you well-know, when Conchita was interviewed on the Late Late Show in New York by (the now-deceased) Gay Byrne on the Irish public broadcast service RTÉ, she mentioned that her own children knew absolutely nothing about her past Marian apparitions. In later years, her children were apprised of the situation.

It's now many decades later. Conchita's children are grown adults with families of their own. They, like the rest of us, are undoubtedly concerned about the moral landscape in our contemporary world which is now deteriorating at an exponential rate. Even devout Catholics of deep faith and prayer are not wholly unperturbed by the times in which we now live.

Throughout the ages, there have been so-called "private" revelations, some of which have been recognized by the authority of the Church. They do not belong, however, to the deposit of faith. It is not their role to improve or complete Christ's definitive Revelation, but to help live more fully by it in a certain period of history. Guided by the Magisterium of the Church, the sensus fidelium knows how to discern and welcome in these revelations whatever constitutes an authentic call of Christ or his saints to the Church. . . . - Catechism of the Catholic Church, §67

For many faith-filled individuals, Garabandal backdrops these current perilous days and accentuates the fact that God is faithful and can be trusted. As Christians, we walk by faith, and not by sight (2 Cor. 5:7). Our Lady of Garabandal points the way back to her Son, Jesus, who is the way, and the truth, and the life (John 14:7). Despite our "nearsighted' perception that the sand underneath or feet is precarious and constantly shifting, our merciful and loving God always remains in control and close at hand. God has an unstoppable plan that was set in place from the beginning of time. Of course, we too are expected to cooperate with actual grace by cultivating lives of prayer, virtue (e.g., obedience), and charity.

As Saint Pope John Paul II incisively stated in his book entitled Crossing the Threshold of Hope, "Christ will conquer through her [Our Lady], because He wants the Church’s victories now and in the future to be linked to her.”

Question: Do you suppose that Conchita - from time to time - offers her own (now-adult) children spiritual consolation and reassurance by reminding and inculcating within them the basic message that she herself was provided by Our Lady of Garabandal (e.g., Warning & Great Miracle, etc.)?

Thanks in advance, Glenn.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2020
    josephite, Beth B and Carol55 like this.
  17. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

Knowing how she raised them, and personally seeing how they have handled their mother's role & fame, their Father's passing,Joey's passing, I feel 100% confident they do not need any reassurance from her. Why ? Because she taught them from the time they became aware of her prophetic role,the most important message of Garabandal, which she announced at the amazing age of only 16 years old.....
    “To guess at dates regarding the [prophesied] Miracle shows a lack of faith in the Blessed Virgin .Indeed, the energies expended on this are so much better spent on living the Message! “

THEY LIVE THE MESSAGE,NOTHING ELSE TO WORRY ABOUT.

Fatima and John T like this.
  18. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

19. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

ARE YOUR HANDS EMPTY ?

The Last Apparition at Garabandal

November 13, 1965, was a day mixed with joy and sadness for Conchita. The Virgin appeared with her Child to the teenager but it was to be for the last time at Garabandal.

As Mary had already indicated this was to be a special apparition for kissing religious objects and Conchita had many with her. After kissing the articles, the Virgin said: 'Through the kiss I have bestowed on these objects, my Son will perform prodigies. Distribute them to others. Talk to me, Conchita, talk to me about my children. I hold them all beneath my mantle. This will be the last time you will see me here but I shall always be with you and with all my children. Conchita, why don't you go and visit my Son in the tabernacle? He waits for you night and day."

Conchita said to the Virgin, "I am so happy when I see both of you. Why don't you take me now to heaven with you?" She replied, "Remember what I told you on your patronal feast day? " When you present yourself before God, your hands must be filled with good deeds done for your brothers and for His glory. At the present time, your hands are empty."

Indy likes this.
  20. Credo

Credo Christi Crux est Mea Lux

Thank you for your response, Glenn.

Admittedly, I sometimes don't communicate very effectively. It would appear that my recent comments were inadvertently misunderstood. Yes, I would fully agree that any inordinate preoccupation with dates and the tendency to worry are definitely not good attitudinal stances.

Perhaps it was inappropriate for me to inquire about Conchita's personal life. For this impropriety, I apologize.

Blessings!

Last edited: Mar 15, 2020