GARABANDAL INFO & ANSWERS

Discussion in 'GARABANDAL LIBRARY' started by Glenn, Aug 18, 2017.

1. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

Conchita’s Diary note to Jesus
    From “Conchita’s Diary “ Chapter 14 (1963, age 14 )

“I would like to visit you more. I want to be your little light that calls and lights up for you and grows brighter to give light to souls that want to come where you are. I also want to be the part within the door of the tabernacle so I can be more united with You. I want to be so much, but I am nothing, nothing, nothing. But since I am the daughter of Mary, the Mother of God, I am redeemed with the Blood of Christ Crucified, and because of that I am something.”

Such humility for a 14 year old !

Sam and HeavenlyHosts like this.
  2. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

3. Joan J

Joan J HolySpiritCome!

Surely not your average 14 yr old, but one who was visited regularly!! What an indescribable grace!!

4. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

NOTABLE BELIEVERS OF GARABANDAL

Yes, there are many known and unknown , Popes, Saints & Blessed's,and Church leaders who believed. I can’t think of another apparition with this resume of believers.

Saint ( Padre ) Pio

Saint (Pope) John Paul II

Saint (Pope ) Paul VI

Saint (Mother) Teresa of Calcutta

Saint (Fr. ) Jose Maria Escriva

Saint (Madre) Maravillas

Pope Benedict XVI

Sr. Lucia ( of Fatima )

Venerable Marthe Robin,

Venerable Fr. Ciszek ,

Venerable Padre Nieto,

Cardinal Ottaviani (Vatican Prefect of the Sacred Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith) ,

Archbishop of Madrid, Casimiro Morcillo Gonzalez

Arch Bishop Carlos Sierra of Madrid, Spain,

Arch Bishop Manuel Lopez of Mexico,

Bishop of Fatima Joao Venancio,

Fr. Constant Luis Pel

Madre Esperanza of Jesus,

Mother Angelica

You’re in good company !

torrentum likes this.
  5. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

6. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

7. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

8. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

9. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

10. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

Conchita must suffer too..

“Conchita’s Diary” p204, 1966 : He [Jesus] replied..."I want to tell you, Conchita, that before the miracle occurs, you will suffer much, for few people will believe you. Your own family will believe that you have deceived them. I am the one who wants all this, as I have already told you, for your sanctification and so that the world may comply with the message. I wish to advise you that the remainder of your life will be a continual suffering. Do not be frightened. In your suffering you will find me and also Mary whom you love very much... I will be with whoever suffers for me."

" I remember my village caused me to suffer. I felt as if I was imprisoned. I acted by the commands of others who constantly advised me " Go to mass, Pray the rosary, Do this, Give up that ". At times I thought I would be happy in a hermitage away from everyone, and to work there alone for God and see what I was capable of doing without their forever telling me." Conchita 11-25-66

On one occasion I asked Conchita a question that in my mind pertained to the future events. She perceived it as an ordinary question, not one pertaining to the events. The question was, “What is the most important thing we must do?” “Keep the Commandments,” she replied. This sums up the way she lives her life today. People who think that she lives it waiting for the Miracle are misinformed. She does not. Her life is well anchored in her faith,and a daily spiritual practice of her faith. Conchita has stated to me, “I don’t know how anyone gets through the joys and trials of life without prayer. I would rather have not had the experiences, because it is so much nicer just to love God.”

11. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

MORNING OFFERING PRAYER

Our Blessed Mother said in Garabandal on October 18th, 1961,
    "We must make many sacrifices, perform much penance, and visit the Blessed Sacrament frequently. But first, we must lead good lives. "

In 1945 Jesus told Lucia, the seer of Fatima, "The sacrifice and penance I now seek and require is the fulfillment of your state in life and the observance of my laws." Whatever your state in life may be you can sanctify all your daily actions if upon arising you recite sincerely the morning offering prayer. Through the "Morning Offering of Reparation" every act you do becomes a sacrifice. The word "sacrifice" means to make "holy." Once you have made your morning offering you make "holy" every act you do throughout the day. Whatever trial God permits to pass your way during the day becomes a penance — whether it be work, bad weather, rebellious children, sickness in the family, tight economic conditions or misunderstandings by relatives or friends. All these sacrifices and penances obtain graces the Blessed Virgin needs for the conversion of sinners.
    Padre Pio said it best, "If you knew the value of suffering, you wouldn't give it up."

Use this Morning Offering Prayer to start your Lenten season !
    morningcard.jpg

FatimaPilgrim likes this.
  12. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

A Lenten Lesson from Conchita

I learned something on the first day of Lent many years ago. I was speaking to Conchita, and she asked what was I doing for my Lenten penance. As I told her what I was planning, she remarked " and you do the rosary everyday ,not just for lent ,but everyday ,? "

I said " Umm , after Lent is over, not everyday". Her next words hit me like a bolt of lightning ! Conchita said " It makes no sense to promote the apparitions, but not live the life ! To not do the Rosary is disobeying our Mother . "

Wow, a major dose humility for yours truly.

HeavenlyHosts and FatimaPilgrim like this.
  13. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

MARY TEACHES THE ROSARY.

In the apparitions of Garabandal, the Virgin would spend so much time instructing the children on how to pray it well. Most notably, She taught the girls how to say that rosary "properly, and slowly", and recited the rosary together during each apparition. Joseph Pelletier writes; "From a series of questions sent to Conchita in April, 1969, it was learned that Our Lady 'ordered - mando' the children to recite the rosary each time they saw her and that they actually did recite it during every apparition.". He later added; "The girls said the rosary in ecstasy as they walked the village streets, entered the homes of the sick, visited the cemetery, and walked around the church....She taught the girls to say all their prayers (and not only the rosary) slowly and thoughtfully. Tape recordings of the girls praying in ecstasy show us exactly what Our Lady wanted from the children and from us. These tapes show the girls praying very, very slowly, articulating each word carefully..." (jp210)Conchita, diary, jp89: "The rosary is a very important part of the Blessed Virgin's message"..."She recited the prayer very slowly--muy lento"Conchita, diary,jp65: "When we arrived at the altar...she started to say the Creed very slowly with the Blessed Virgin. Mari Cruz said that the Blessed Virgin took the lead and recited the prayer first, in order to teach her how to pray slowly. After the Creed, she said the Hail Holy Queen and then she made the sign of the cross very slowly and very properly--muy despcio, muy bien" (The Virgin first taught the girls how to say each prayer individually, before teaching the complete Rosary).
    The Blessed Virgin taught them how to pray the Rosary. You hear the girls praying the first glorious mystery. Two chants of the girls in ecstasy are included.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itbIbe8-D6I&list=UUZnlJm64nKpEXMA5-kc_x8w

14. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

PADRE PIO & THE ROSARY
    Padre Paladino (one of the Friars at San Giovanni Rotondo) reported that he asked Padre Pio how many rosaries he said each day. The answer was: "About 30, a few more, never less.
    "How do you manage it?"
    "What else is there to do during the night?"
    On another occasion Padre Pio admitted that he managed to do three things at the same time: "Pray, hear confessions and wander about the world."
    Padre Lasenzaniro, another one of the Friars, said that when he was helping Padre Pio to wash his hands in the morning, he could do only one hand at a time as Padre Pio would not put down his rosary.
    Padre Parente asked him why he said so many rosaries and not other prayers. Padre Pio told him that Our Lady had never refused a grace requested by means of the rosary.
    Our Lady herself said to Padre Pio: "With this weapon you will win." Convinced of the power of the Rosary, Padre Pio always held the Rosary in his hands. When his death was approaching, he recommended the Rosary to his spiritual children by saying: "Love Our Lady and make her loved. Always recite the Rosary."

Padre Pio always wore the Rosary around his arm at night. A few days before his death, as Padre Pio was getting into bed, he said to the friars who were in his room, "Give me my weapon!" And the friars, surprised and curious, asked him: "Where is the weapon? We cannot see anything!" Padre Pio replied, "It is in my habit, which you have just hung up!" After having gone through the pockets of his religious habit, the friars said to him: "Padre, there is no weapon in your habit! . . . we can only find your rosary beads there!" Padre Pio immediately said, "And is this not a weapon? . . . the true weapon?!"

Upon his death, Padre Pio left Conchita one of his gloves, a veil from his wake, and his rosary.
    Of all the people in the world, he chose , and believed in her , that speaks volumes to me. !

Mario and HeavenlyHosts like this.
  15. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

Saint “Mother“ Teresa, Garabandal,and Conchita

Pope Francis canonized “ Mother “ Teresa at a ceremony on September 4, 2016 in
    St. Peter's Square in Vatican City.

The famous Foundress of the Missionaries of Charity has never expressed any doubts about her profound belief in the divine origin of Garabandal: "It was in 1970 that I heard about the apparitions of San Sebastian de Garabandal for the first time . . . From the beginning, I felt that the 'events' were authentic . . ." (Letter of November 10, 1987 to Msgr. Del Val).

During her frequent trips to the United States, notably to New York, Mother Teresa had the opportunity of meeting Conchita who has lived on Long Island since 1972. This was the beginning of a strong human and spiritual friendship with Conchita and her family, that never faltered. Mother Teresa is the Godmother of Conchita’s third daughter, Anna Maria.

Personally , it speaks volumes to me about the authenticity of the apparitions, that her two closest friends were St. Pio & St. Teresa.
    1976.jpg

16. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

Don't try to test our Blessed Mother !

Two couples approached Conchita and gave her four wedding rings, so that in her next ecstasy she would give them to be kissed by the Virgin. As Conchita offered the rings to Our Lady, she was heard to say: "You don't want to kiss them? But I don't understand. Ah! So I have to tell them to straighten out their lives and be good?" After the ecstasy, Conchita returned the rings to the man who had given them to her and told him and his companions what the Virgin had said. He was very embarrassed and said, "We came here to prove Garabandal was false if the girls gave us back the rings on our fingers, because none of us are married and we only bought the rings for this occasion."

In another story, while in ecstasy the girls used to give wedding rings to Our Lady to kiss, and then always looking upwards and guided by the Virgin, they would return the wedding rings placing them directly on the fingers of the owners, never making a mistake, even though sometimes the husband would be on one side of the room and the wife on the other. On one occasion, while returning wedding rings to a couple, Mari Loli in ecstasy, was heard to say: "Why do I have to put this on the left hand? Ah, because they are from Valencia!" (that was their custom ).

Reprinted with kind permission from GARABANDAL JOURNAL, MAY-JUNE 2003

Sam likes this.
  17. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

Conchita’s mother Aniceta tells us the story:

A young man arrived here with a young woman, a couple. He was dressed like any normal young man, and I assumed that they were just a young dating couple. It was raining a lot and the place was full of people. Conchita, in ecstasy, came into the house. My sister was amidst the crowd and the young man approached her and said, “Give this cross to the girl.” My sister responded, “Why should I try to give it to her? She’s not going to take it. When she’s in ecstasy, she never receives anything.” “Well, give it to her mother then, so that her mother can give it to her.” My sister came up to me and said, “Here, that man said for you to give this to Conchita.” I responded, “Why am I going to give it to her? She never takes anything.”
    Then, I had an idea. What he wanted me to give to Conchita was a cross on a string, and so I thought of hanging it on her fingers, since she had her hands folded. Although Conchita spoke softly, I was close by and heard her insist to her vision, “I didn’t bring anything. I really didn’t bring anything.” She continued, “Well, if I have something, take it.”
    At that moment, Conchita took a step forward, lowered her hands and, in doing so, the cross fell on the ground. She took another step and stepped on the cross, “Ah! I’m stepping on it?”
    She bent down and picked up the cross, still in ecstasy, and held it up to her apparition to kiss. Then she turned around, facing the young man, made the sign of the cross over him and held it up for him to kiss. Turning back to the vision, she held it up again to be kissed and said, “Having such a beautiful habit as the Dominican habit, what a pity that he came dressed like that!”.

Then, turning back to the man, she took his glasses off and put them in his hands. The man was afraid and I said to him, “Don't worry, she won’t break them.”
    She made the sign of the cross over him, held up his cross to be kissed again, and then put it around his neck. However, she put it on him backwards, the image was turned inwards. “Oh! I put it on him backwards?” She took it off, turned it around and put it back around his neck.
    Then she opened his hands, took his glasses and put them back on his face. Then she repeated, “What a shame that they come dressed like that!”

He was a Dominican priest in disguise, wearing normal clothing, and accompanied by a young lady, who appeared to be his girlfriend, but who turned out to be his sister“.

18. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

March 1962
    Who says Padre Pio didn't have a sense of humor ?
    In response to a letter Conchita wrote to Padre Pio ,asking him to visit her in Garabandal , (maybe hearing of his ability to bi-locate) he responded: " Do you think I can travel about like that , according to my whim, and why not like Santa Claus, and come down the chimney into your home ? "

Funny thing is there was a rare documented "Bilocation visit" to Conchita on October 10,1967.

HeavenlyHosts likes this.
  19. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

MARCH 1963:

CONCHITA'S FIRST LOCUTIONS

Conchita had been suffering a great deal ever since the month of January from not seeing the Blessed Virgin. Because she already knew the date of the Great Miracle, she felt how much one must be able to wait. . . actively. Assailed by the doubts of her entourage, she, too, was beginning to waver . . . when she heard Mary's voice interiorly for the first time telling her: "Have no doubts that my Son will perform the Miracle."

This first of the two locutions that Conchita was to be granted as early as March 1963, gave her "a joy and peace still greater than when saw the Blessed Virgin . . . for then I have Our Lady inside me!," she explained. Fascinated by "this voice of intimate happiness without words," Conchita was henceforth "as certain," as she said, "that the Miracle would come, as 2 and 2 make 4!"

Conchita wrote in her Diary that she preferred locutions rather than apparitions, but still more to receive the Eucharist. She explained that her locutions occurred when she was praying "either in my room, or at the Pines, or again at church."

[From 'Garabandal' Book, page 171]

20. Indy

Indy Praying

Glenn, is it still expected that people who witness the miracle at Garabandal will be cured of their various illnesses and disabilities? Thanks.