GARABANDAL INFO & ANSWERS

Discussion in 'GARABANDAL LIBRARY' started by Glenn, Aug 18, 2017.

1. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

Today in Garabandal History: June 28,1961 Seeing St. Michael again.
    "We were a little sad because we had not seen the Angel. We went as usual to the school. When we got out, the people in the village, seeing us so sad, wept and kissed us, saying:
    - Pray so that he will return!
    When the evening came, we went to the Calleja and did as usual. The people prayed the rosary with more faith than ever so that the Angel would appear to us. And on finishing the litany, he appeared to us and came smiling more than ever. We asked him, why have you come? He smiled and did not answer us. We began to see him around nine and it ended at ten. It seemed to us a minute or less, because we were so happy with him .”
    (During the ecstasy, the time seems very short because of the intense happiness they experience. )
    (From Conchita's Diary )

2. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

St. Michael at Garabandal (An interview with Conchita)

Conchita’s description of St. Michael : “ He looked about 9 years old,but appeared to be very strong. He wore a light blue robe that covered his feet. He had two big wide wings, motionless, pink in color but with a redish hue, much darker than his face”.

http://www.garabandal.us/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/interview-with-conchita.pdf

3. terces

terces New Member

Thank you Glenn for your Garabandal posts. I have lurked here for some time and told myself if I ever registered I would let you know that I appreciate your efforts as I'm sure many other lurkers do. You are appreciated.

Fatima, Glenn, Seagrace and 2 others like this.
  4. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

Last edited: Jun 29, 2019
  5. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

TODAY IN GARABANDAL HISTORY JUNE 29, 1962

The first visit of Neurologist Dr. Ricardo Puncernau to the village. As a Scientist, a first class witness, he played a fundamental role in Garabandal. He sought to understand the phenomena unfolding there, from every view point. The Blessed Virgin would reveal to Conchita that the huge amount of work of this physician

“ would triumph later “ !

Dr. Ricardo Puncernau, Neuro-psychiatrist

Dr. Ricardo Puncernau is the Vice-president of the Spanish Society of Sophrology and Psychosomatic Medicine and the President of the Spanish Association of Para-Psychological Investigations.

“I have weighed, thought about, and consciously observed [the events], and I have made the following conclusion: In Garabandal, there has never existed nor exists any other acting causing factor in relation to what is happening there except the Most Holy Virgin.”

During these times, in which the world is “confused” on the ecclesiastical level, similarly on international, social, familiar, and personal levels, full of injustice and egoism, we have dared to write these lines. These are a series of simple stories that deal with the famous happenings of Garabandal as seen through the prism of a Christian doctor.

Since I am Christian, I am obligated to strictly tell the truth, without adornment, at least in the essence of the narration. What is important, I dare to say, is the adornment of the story.
    At least consciously, I haven’t left out the slightest detail of what I remember. They are personal things, mine, as they relate to the history of Garabandal. They are things that I have never told before. Things that I believe are necessary to say. Next year, 1975, is the Holy Year. What better occasion to exhume events that were seemingly buried forever but, in reality, never were? It is evident that this has been written for those who already know the story of Garabandal. If not, I fear that they will neither understand nor value this testimony.

Barcelona, December 1974. Dr. Ricardo Puncernau.

Read his report here: http://www.garabandal.it/en/documentation/reports/puncernau

6. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

IN TIME , MARY REVEALS ALL.

I have a rarely heard story of Our Lady kissing a woman's powdercase. We know most of the stories are about kissed religious objects. The reason I post this ( besides being a rarely heard story ) is that it reminds me of we don't always understand everything that happened at Garabandal , until later on. I think this story proves my point. Never question our Blessed Mother's intentions, even if we don’t understand it right away.

One day Conchita was in the kitchen of her house surrounded by persons who were waiting for the moment of the apparition. On the simple table that served for the family meals, the objects that she was going to give to be kissed were being gathered. Together with these, someone had put there a stylish woman's powder case. The child and those present wanted this removed. How could the Virgin come to kiss an object so profane and used only for the service of vanity? Nevertheless, the powder case remained there.
    The ecstasy began and those present saw with astonishment that the visionary's hand, without her looking at it, before going to any other object, went first of all toward the previously discussed powder case. The child raised it toward the invisible Virgin and then set it down with great respect on the table. Among those present, surprise must have been mingled with doubt. Was it really the Virgin who was appearing? It didn't seem that she would kiss such an object . . .
    As soon as the ecstasy was finished, Conchita was asked for an explanation. And she declared that the Virgin had asked immediately for the powder case in order to kiss it, saying that it was something «belonging to her Son».The girl did not know anything more. But the person who had put the powder case there did know more and revealed the secret. During the terrible Spanish civil war (1936-1939) in the Red Zone when priests were being executed and had to be hidden, the powder case had been used to bring Communion Hosts to various locations and especially to prisoners whom the Reds held captive in order to execute. Thus it had served as a Pyx.

7. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

TODAY IN GARABANDAL HISTORY: JULY , 1961

"PRODIGIOUS PHENOMENA"

During the month of July 1961, a very striking phenomenon proper to Garabandal occurred.
    The visionaries in ecstasy, increased in weight so much that two men could barely succeed in lifting them . . .
    Without any effort, ( THEY COULD LIFT ONE ANOTHER ) the girls managed to do this!
    [Excerpted from 'Garabandal' Book, page 62.]
    conc lifts loli.jpg

8. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

TODAY IN GARABANDAL HISTORY: JULY 1 , 1961

ST. MICHAEL ANNOUNCES . . .

SATURDAY, 1st OF JULY, 1961: THE ANGEL SPEAKS: HE ANNOUNCES THE "VISIT" OF "THE BLESSED VIRGIN OF MOUNT CARMEL" FOR THE NEXT DAY

At Garabandal, his manifestations were numerous. He is the one the little girls saw during the first nine days of the apparitions. He is the one who, later, often gave them the Eucharist; he again delivered the two famous Messages, etc.

On this Saturday, 1st of July, St. Michael, for the first time, broke the silence in which the ecstasies had been unfolding until then:

"Do you know why I have come?", he asked the children.

-- No, they replied.

"To tell you that tomorrow, Sunday, the Virgin Mary will appear to you under the title of "Our Lady of Mount Carmel."

Then he asked the visionaries this other question: "Do you know what is written on the placard (escritorio)?"

-- No!

"The Blessed Virgin will tell you."

[Excerpted from "Garabandal

9. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

JULY 2,1961- MARY FIRST APPEARS !

On the Feastday of the Visitation of the Blessed Virgin Mary [traditional calendar], about 6pm, at the “cuadro”, in front of a large crowd ( there were eleven priests and many medical doctors present ) the children fall into ecstasy. The Blessed Virgin appears to them accompanied by St. Michael, and St. Gabriel, the Angel of the Annunciation . The four girls see a fiery frame in the midst of which appears a triangle with an eye and a written sign. The unknown letters on the sign seem to be of oriental origin.. In the children's vision. the Eye, "Eye of God" is placed above Mary, effectively designates Yahweh, who dominates all creation, all times and History itself.

The four girls describe the features and dress of the Blessed Virgin. “ The Virgin appears in a white garment and a blue mantle with a crown of gold stars on her head. Her hands are delicate but her feet are not visible . The scapular which she wears on her right wrist is of a brownish color with a small mountain designed on it. The Blessed Virgin’s hair is of deep chestnut color, long, slightly waved and parted in the middle. Her face is more long than round with a rather long nose. Her mouth is delicate and very nice with rather full lips. Her complexion is tan but lighter than that of the angel. Her voice is different from the angles, a voice very sweet and very unusual. Its hard to explain. There is no other woman who resembles the Blessed Virgin, either in face, or voice or anything. Sometimes she carries the Child Jesus in her arms. He is very tiny, like a new born babe. His face is round and similar in shade to that of the Virgin. His mouth is very tiny and pretty. He has blond hair, which is slightly long and his hands are tiny. His gown is like azure blue tunic. The Virgin seems to be about eighteen years of age. “

During the apparition of this very day, July 2nd, 1961, "a shower of stars suddenly began to fall from heaven everywhere on earth," probably symbolizing the rain of graces from God of which Mary is the "depository." Simultaneously, "thirty-three large Spanish letters spelling out six Spanish words, "formed a halo all around Our Lady: the seers called these the "secret of the Angel." To this day, no book has yet spoken of this, and the visionaries did not reveal it either. According to us, it is very likely related to an ultimate Marian dogma, of which the mystery of the Visitation would be its biblical basis. MARIA DEPOSITORIA DE TODAS LAS GRACIAS, such might be the very concise and formal expression of this future "definition of faith" . . .

From Her first visit, the Blessed Virgin carried the Child Jesus in Her arms. His presence was not explicitly mentioned by Conchita in her Diary for that 2nd of July, but the visionary nevertheless described Him here, always in her very concrete, vivid, even sober usual way: "He is very very small, like a newborn babe, a round face, same color of complexion as that of the Blessed Virgin, a small mouth, rather long, curly, blond hair, tiny little hands, a dress like an azure-blue tunic. He is always smiling."

"The Blessed Virgin came wearing a white dress, a blue mantle, a gold crown decorated with 12 little stars. We could not see her feet. Her arms were open and she wore the Scapular on Her right arm. The Scapular was brown. Her hair was long, dark auburn and wavy, and parted in the middle. Her face was rather long. Her nose fine and long, a very beautiful mouth with slightly full lips. Her complexion was golden . . . Her voice was enchanting. It was a very special voice . . . No other woman is like the Blessed Virgin, neither in voice nor in any other way" (Conchita's Diary, p.35). [Excerpted from 'Garabandal' Book, pages 45, 49.]
    Mary 2angels7_o.jpg

10. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

JULY 2, 1961 "THE CALLS"
    MOST PARTICULAR AND TYPICAL PHENOMENA OF GARABANDAL

The "calls", "llamadas" in Spanish, began as early as July 2, 1961. They always preceded and announced the apparitions of the Blessed Virgin, but not those of the Angel. The children would then experience, in three successive yet very distinct moments "a kind of interior voice," a kind of intimate summons, or 'mystical calls.'

A feeling of joy accompanies the first call. One or two hours later, the delight felt by the visionaries signaled the second call. "As if they had been guided," they would set out towards the site where the ecstasy was to take place. The third "llamada" gave them yet a more intense joy, which would increase until they would effectively fall into ecstasy a few minutes later.

Ecstasies occurred more and more frequently during the night, sometimes lasting until morning. This was to make them more discreet, but also because the symbol of night evokes the evil that men commit at that time. It then becomes necessary to double the efforts in prayer and supernatural enlightenment. Significant also is the fact that the ecstasies never occurred to the little girls when at school, or during liturgical ceremonies, more, even when carrying out domestic duties!

It happened almost every day that several apparitions would occur on the same day or evening, but never at school, or during the liturgical ceremonies. Only the first apparition was preceded by the three calls. At the end of the ecstasy, the Virgin directly announced her first visit to the visionaries: "In a moment I will come back," "At such an hour . . .," etc.

When the girls waited in the evening for an apparition that finally did not occur, they had to make up for lost sleep. On the other hand, they did not at all experience the need to make up for the sleep they lost during the vision.
    [Excerpted from 'Garabandal' Book, pages 72, 73.]

[Photo] Conchita is resting while awaiting for the last call . . .
    Vissionaries_49.jpg

11. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

Sunday, July 2,1961 : Dr. Morales, tries to prevent apparition !
    The Calleja is full of people praying the rosary. Everyone wants to be there when the ecstasy happens. The second in command of the Nansa Electrical Company, Mr. Rocha, was next to me. He had come up to the village with Dr. Morales and Dr. Piñal, both of whom had been sent as part of the Committee organized by Bishop Fernández. I remember that Mr. Rocha told me, “This afternoon, the visionaries won’t go up to the Cuadro to see the vision.” I responded that in supernatural affairs, the doctor doesn’t get any say in the matter.
    I went around the bend in the Calleja and saw that they were about halfway up the path. I stayed there waiting for them to go up to the Cuadro because Dr. Morales was going to try to impede the apparition. However, to Mr. Rocha’s surprise the visionaries went up to the Cuadro unaffected by Dr. Morales’ attempt to hypnotize them. All four of them, on their knees, began to pray the first mystery of the rosary and right away they had the vision. Dr. Morales arrived on the scene and wasn’t able to prevent the apparition.

The four visionaries cried out together, “The Blessed Virgin!” At first they thought that it was Our Lady of Perpetual Help, but later they realized that it was Our Lady of Mount Carmel, because she carried the Child Jesus and had a scapular on her wrist. The Blessed Virgin was surrounded by six angels, whom Conchita counted out-loud. Conchita also said “what an eye!” and after the vision we learned that it was the Most Holy Trinity, in the form of an eye. During the vision the girls started to cry, Mari Cruz more than the others. One of the doctors grabbed her by the neck to try to turn her face away but he wasn’t able to. I thought that he hurt her because I heard her neck crack, but she was unharmed.

(Witness, Juan Seco, General of the Civil Guard )

http://garabandal.it/en/about/witnesses/mr-juan-alvarez-seco

12. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

THIS DAY IN GARABANDAL :JULY 3, 1962:

CONCHITA PREDICTS THE FUTURE "MILAGRUCU" (LATER KNOWN AS THE LITTLE MIRACLE )

As the "voice"(St. Michael ) had asked her, from this day on Conchita began to spread the news of the "Milagrucu," first of all warning the village, then writing to the main witnesses of the events of San Sebastian de Garabandal: "People will see the Host, that the Angel will give me, appearing on my tongue" . . .

[From 'Garabandal' Book, page 138]

13. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

THIS DAY IN GARABANDAL - JULY 3,1961

The Visionaries mention their * “interior calls” for the first time. Fr. Valentin separates the girls, Mary Loli and Jacinta are in Loli’s house while Mari Cruz and Conchita are in Conchita’s, Although they are totally ignorant of the time, they all arrive at the cuadro at exactly the same moment. They are holding out pious objects such as medals, rosaries, wedding rings and pious pictures to be kissed by the Virgin.

* There are 3 successive calls prior to the ecstasy, which make up the “interior calls”.

“ The Village Speaks“ , pg 21

14. Muzhik

Muzhik Powers

Apparently the movie isn't being distributed in the US anymore; but there's hope it will come out on DVD by Christmas.

Carol55 and HeavenlyHosts like this.
  15. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

That would be even better, really.

Carol55 likes this.
  16. Richard67

Richard67 Powers

HeavenlyHosts and Carol55 like this.
  17. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

THIS DAY IN GARABANDAL: JULY 4,1961

There is a 35 minute ecstasy in the evening. The Virgin Mary explains the meaning of the plaque which represents the first part of an important message which the four girls must make known publicly on October 18,1961. The Blessed Virgin gives the text of the Message to the four girls.

Here is the first question the Blessed Virgin had asked the children on the previous 2nd of July:
    "Do you know the meaning of the notice the Angel had under his
    feet?"
    - "No, we don't."
    "It was a Message that I am going to tell you and that you will
    repeat in public on October 18" (1961):

"WE MUST MAKE MANY SACRIFICES,
    PERFORM MUCH PENANCE, AND
    VISIT THE BLESSED SACRAMENT
    FREQUENTLY. BUT, FIRST, WE MUST
    BE VERY GOOD. IF WE DO NOT, A
    CHASTISEMENT WILL BEFALL US.
    THE CUP IS ALREADY FILLING UP,
    AND IF WE DO NOT CHANGE, A
    VERY GREAT CHASTISEMENT WILL
    COME UPON US."

It was from this day on that Our Lady gradually initiated the young visionaries in a motherly way to the meaning and scope of this Message.]

[Excerpted from 'Garabandal' Book, page 55.]

18. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

Yes, this trip has been talked about for years, thats why I didnt post it, kind of old news again, BUT hoping this time its true ! Yes, part of the Pre-Warning signs is that the Pope will return from a trip to MOSCOW (specifically),and hostilities breaking out in Europe, then the Warning to follow shortly after.

19. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

Padre Pio & Garabandal

66380499_2794655177216151_267894676667760640_n.jpg https://www.garabandal.us/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/padre_pio.pdf

20. Fatima

Fatima Powers

Any lets not forget that Conchita was told a Synod would take place shortly before the meeting in Moscow between Russia's leader and the pope. A Synod does not take place over night, in fact that one coming up this October in the Amazon, as one Cardinal has called out as heretical, has been in the works for two years. Prayers needed.

HeavenlyHosts likes this.