Franciscan interpretation of Revelation chapter 12 (the Great Apostasy)

Discussion in 'Mother of God' started by Sunnyveil, Aug 31, 2021.

1. Sunnyveil

Sunnyveil Archangels

https://www.fromrome.info/2021/08/28/its-the-great-apostasy-lets-stop-the-denial-2/
    By Br. Alexis Bugnolo

The beloved disciple and faithful son of the Blessed Virgin Mary, the Apostle Saint John warned us a little less than 2000 years ago: In the end, a Great Apostasy would sweep away many Christians.

Saint John tells of the Great Apostasy in the Twelfth Chapter of his Book of the Apocalypse, also known as the Book of Revelations. I will put in red text the interpretation of this chapter given by Franciscan Saints* and I will use the English text of the Douay Reims Bible for the scriptural citation:

12 And a great sign appeared in heaven: A woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and on her head a crown of twelve stars: (Heaven here refers to the Catholic Church, which is Heaven on Earth. The appearance of the woman refers to the Dogmatic Declarations of the Magisterium about Our Lady, as Ever Virgin, Immaculate Conception, Assumed into Heaven, Queen of Heaven and Earth. The twelve stars refer to the affirmations by the Church of Our Lady’s 12 privileges)

2 And being with child, she cried travailing in birth, and was in pain to be delivered. (This refers to the struggles in the Church among theologians and believers against the faithful Catholics who are true children of Mary and know that the most authentic and certain path to God is through Mary to Jesus.)

3 And there was seen another sign in heaven: and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads, and ten horns: and on his head seven diadems: (This refers to the Satanic plot of Freemasonry and other nefarious groups to establish the Mystical Body of the Antichrist in the Church and thus prepare the world for the coming of the AntiChrist)

4 And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and cast them to the earth: and the dragon stood before the woman who was ready to be delivered; that, when she should be delivered, he might devour her son. (This refers to the Great Apostasy which will occur after Our Lady is declared Assumed body and soul into Heaven. It will entail the near total apostasy of all the Clergy, who are as the stars in the Heaven of the Church, and it indicates that they will submit to the Father of Lies and give themselves up to the most horrible vices and errors)

5 And she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with an iron rod: and her son was taken up to God, and to his throne. (This refers to the Rise of the true Church in war against the Anti-Christ. This true Church will be faithful Catholics consecrated to Our Lady and embracing the whole doctrine of God, and who by their fidelity will be raised up to form a renewed Sacred Hierarchy to replace the old which has apostatized)

6 And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she had a place prepared by God, that there they should feed her a thousand two hundred sixty days. (This refers to the true Catholic Faith which in the end times will have to take refuge in lowly and humble places, because the wealthy and powerful will give up their souls to the rule and domination of demons)

7 And there was a great battle in heaven, Michael and his angels fought with the dragon, and the dragon fought and his angels: (This refers to the war between the sons of God vs the sons of the Devil, that is, the war between the true Church and the Anti-Church. The Leaders in this war will be led on each side by men inspired and devoted to Saint Michael and Lucifer, respectively)

8 And they prevailed not, neither was their place found any more in heaven. (This refers to the victory of the true Church over the false AntiChurch).

9 And that great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, who is called the devil and Satan, who seduceth the whole world; and he was cast unto the earth, and his angels were thrown down with him. (This refers to the definitive excommunication of the AntiChurch and its members from the Catholic Church).

10 And I heard a loud voice in heaven, saying: Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: because the accuser of our brethren is cast forth, who accused them before our God day and night. (This refers to the future pope of great virtue who will preside over the renewed Church and condemn the AntiChurch)

11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of the testimony, and they loved not their lives unto death. (This shows that the victory will be obtained by faithful Catholics who risk everything to defend the true Faith, putting their trust in the Blood of Jesus, Who already overcame the world, flesh and the devil).

12 Therefore rejoice, O heavens, and you that dwell therein. Woe to the earth, and to the sea, because the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, knowing that he hath but a short time. (This refers to the joy Catholics will have in those days seeing the Church delivered from this monstrous cult of satanists, pedophiles and sodomites, but warns the world, since being cast out of the Catholic Church they will seek to rule over and weaponize the world against the Faithful).

13 And when the dragon saw that he was cast unto the earth, he persecuted the woman, who brought forth the man child: (This refers to the ensuing attacks of the godless against the true Faith until the end of time, for the whole world led by the AntiChurch will attack Our Lady who defeated them)

Byron likes this.
  2. I wish he would stop presenting himself as a Franciscan brother when he is not, in fact, a religious brother.

Several threads on him on the forum.

He says those who acknowledge the present Pope as being the Pope are in schism. How ironic.

A man who dresses as a Franciscan brother, and calls himself one, is not.

He says the Pope is not the Pope and there by seperates himself from Peter, yet he says those who do not separate themselves are separated from the Church.

So in his eyes Cardinal Sarah and Burke are schematics.

Black is white and white is black.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2021
    Don_D and HeavenlyHosts like this.
  3. A quote by "Brother" when he is called out for not actually being a Franciscan brother...

"But in the sense of canon law, which uses the term strictly, as someone who is canonically bound to a religious order on Earth, I am not."

So he is a man who dresses as a Franciscan brother and calls himself a Franciscan brother but admits he is not. Tries to get Catholics to separate from the Pope, says the Knights of Columbus and SSPX are masons.

hmmmm

Byron, Don_D and HeavenlyHosts like this.
  4. thomas21

thomas21 Archangels

To be fair, that “the pope is not the pope” is not his position. His position is probably “the alleged pope is not the pope”. The former position would be a self-contradiction, illogical and false, and any schoolboy can see through it.

5. Ok
    I was not quoting him. My statement is not in quotation marks.
    I said... he says the Pope is not the Pope.

Obviously, I believe that Pope Francis is the Pope, along with 99.9% of Catholics. I will refrain from giving my opinion of what kind of Pope we have on our hands.

If he fails to acknowledge the Pope as being so, it is his problem, I don't need to qualify my statement by calling Pope Francis an "alleged" Pope.

If he says a Toyota Corolla is not a car... I would say...he says that car is not a car. I would not say...He says that alleged car is not a car.

HeavenlyHosts likes this.
  6. Since several members of the forum seem to be enamored by Mr. Bugnolo's (He is not a Brother) writings and videos I think it is important to point out that he is advocating Catholics separate themselves from the Church.

Dangerous indeed.

7. I see, maybe I should exercise some caution on him...

Byron and HeavenlyHosts like this.
  8. That might be prudent. He is not a Franciscan brother, though he presents himself as such. When called out, he admitted he is not. Yet he still calls himself one, and dresses as one, and signs off as "brother".

If I dressed as a Catholic priest, called myself Fr. so and so, and told people to call me father you might have reason to question my motives and judgement if I was not indeed a Priest....right?

Byron likes this.
  9. thomas21

thomas21 Archangels

Just pointing out a straw man argument, which, if he were really making, would make him sound foolish and irrational. His position is not that the pope is not the pope.

10. Some will remember that his first video was titled:
    Priest warning from Rome - Alexis Bugnolo

No one but himself in the video.

But you see, people investigated who he was...Not a priest.

He then said he was a Franciscan Brother.

But then people investigated who he was...Not a brother either.

But he still signs off as a brother...

HeavenlyHosts, Sam and Mmary like this.
  11. HeavenlyHosts, Sam and Mmary like this.
  12. BrianK

BrianK Powers Staff Member

Admittedly, that was a title given to the video by someone (SGTReport ?) who simply copied and re-uploaded it, probably non Catholic, thinking he was a priest.

It’s disingenuous at best to claim from this that Bugnolo himself claimed he himself was a priest, regardless of one’s position. He has never claimed he was.

Clare A likes this.
  13. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

But he must have allowed that false information to continue to be disseminated?

14. BrianK

Yeah, right. Imagine if someone in Europe arbitrarily copied your video and mislabeled it and then posted it on an alternative video platform, for their viewers, and it went viral and was recopied and re-uploaded and reposted. How would you stop that?!? What if the message getting out was more important to you than the silly non Catholic error in titling it?

Clare A likes this.
  15. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

I can’t even follow this :eek: I’ll just say that Mr Bugnolo has issues and leave it at that. And anyone who has questions can form their own answers. That’s what I did, anyway.:rolleyes:

16. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

First of all, how can we trust a man calling himself a brother when he isn’t?
    Why would you draw the conclusion that the error was a “ silly non Catholic error”?
    That’s taking a leap into territory that can’t be documented. Something to think about. This whole Bugnolo issue is murky. We can’t really make assumptions we can’t prove. We do know he’s not a Franciscan.

non sum dignus likes this.
  17. BrianK

Simple. It is documented; it was done by a video channel, SGTReport, a Q anon fanatic and non Catholic and multiple other non mainstream video channels at the time.

18. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

The certainly Bugnolo would know this, since it is simple.

19. BrianK

The attacks on Bugnolo started with a liberal Patheos Legionaries of Christ priest blogger, the same one who disingenuously suggested many modern medications were created with the use of fetal stem cells - which were not - to undermine pro-life opposition to Covid vaccines made with or tested on fetal stem cell.

Bugnolo responded to this attack, for what it’s worth. I do think he’s a bit “off” but his attacker(s) are more so.

https://www.fromrome.info/2021/03/27/a-response-to-schneiders-libel/

A Response to Schneider’s Libel
    Editor
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    by Br. Alexis Bugnolo

There are numerous errors contained in the article above, which you can read by clicking the image.

This first is that the author claims I am not a brother, nor a religious.

To achieve this, the author resorts to the definitions of words which do not apply to me and then implies I am a liar for using words in a sense different than the definitions he uses.

That being the case, he does not prove anything, but his own preconceived prejudice.

These kinds of attacks in the Church are as old as the first religious orders, They are not new. After St. Francis’ death, there were those who claimed that he never received the stigmata. And after St. Thomas Aquinas’ death, there were those who claimed he was a heretic.

I do not expect a Legionnaire of Christ — the religious institute founded by Father Marcel Maciel, to which the author claims to belong — to understand Franciscan spirituality. But I do recognize that he never took any note of my existence until I wrote against the Scamdemic and the Vaxx, the former of which he believes in and the later of which he promotes zealously, even when made from tissues of human babies torn to pieces, alive, by the abortion industry for the sake of the vaccine industry.

I am a Roman Catholic. I believe in Jesus Christ. And the lives of innocents is precious to me. So how a vaccine is made is important to me. I am not a priest, but I would expect a priest to understand that.

In the Order founded by St. Francis, those who profess his Rule are called brothers (in Latin “fratres”), and in some languages “friars” — which does not mean that they cook or eat fried food. They live in monasteries, which in many lands are called “convents”, even though no women are found therein. In English, these buildings can be called “Friaries” or a “Friary” in the singular, but again, it has nothing to do with fried food. — I do not make this remark without cause, since in at least one town in Connecticut, when a religious institute of Franciscan brothers founded a convent, they called it a Friary, which caused them a multi-year long battle with the town over how their kitchen ought to be designed for grease disposal!

So all Franciscans call one another brother or friar. Here in Italy, the proper title is “Frà”, which means the same thing.

In Canon Law, there is no regulation on the use of the term or title, “Brother”, “Friar”, or “Frà”, and the author of the above article agrees with me because he has cited no canon to that effect.

This is because, the titles used to name or salute members of religious orders have to do with their spiritual traditions. Thus some are called, monks, and are saluted with “Don”, others are mendicants and are called “brothers”, some have no title.

I am a Franciscan brother because I observe the Rule of St. Francis of Assisi, which requires me to live as a brother and treat all other Franciscan as brothers in the same family. I have never claimed that by this title, “brother” or “Fra” that I am a member of a religious Order.

Since I have never claimed it, I do not have to rebut Father’s claim that I claimed or am claiming it.

As a person who has taken vows and who lives vows obliging me to keep the Rule of St. Francis, which is a recognized form of religious life in the Church, I am a religious. But in the sense of canon law, which uses the term strictly, as someone who is canonically bound to a religious order on Earth, I am not. But then again all the Saints of the Franciscan Order are not either, but I assure you they are no less religious.

I head several organizations which undertake the works of mercy or justice. I get no remuneration for my work with them.

There is the Scholasticum, founded in Italy as a non profit. And while it might ruffle the feathers of the author of the above article, I do teach under its aegis. He fails to mention my academic work, which you can find on academia.edu. He also fails to mention that I graduated Phi Beta Kappa from the University of Florida, Gainesville, in 1986 with a B. A. in Cultural Anthropology; he also fails to mention that my minor seminary, Our Lady of Grace in Boston, did teach courses in the years I attended (1986-88). The Scholasticum is fully described at its website: studium-scholasticum.org.

And there is Ordo Militaris Catholicus: I think Father does not understand what it is, and so thinks it is a religious Order. It is not. What it is, is described at the website of the private military corporation which its members founded in August of 2016, Ordo Militaris Inc.: ordo-militaris.us at length. What the corporation is is also described there in length. And its history is also detailed in its news page. At the bottom of its home page you can see a map which details its financial support to Catholics and Christians round the world. The corporation is not a non-profit, but it is a charitable organization, in that it gives its assets and income to the works of charity. This is perfectly legal in the United States of America.

Father fails to mention that I am also president of an Italian political party, known as “L’Italia per gli Italiani”, which you can learn more about at its website: ItaliaPerItaliani.it

Father does mention this electronic journal, FromRome.Info, which he incorrectly calls a blog. But he seems to think that it has some tie to the other organizations, other than the fact, that I, whom am its editor and publisher, am involved with the others.

FromRome.Info is an apostolate, and I founded it to do the work of mercy of preaching the truth.

Father does present some claims which are confused, wrong and simply false. He claims that I have lived in Rome as a hermit since 2006. I have not. He seems to think that the Congregation for Institutes of Consecrated Life, has jurisdiction over the Diocese of Rome, which it does not. Which is why they would have no knowledge of me. If they have an archive of all the letters they send to private individuals they can find the one they sent me in 2006.

He gets the details of my life mixed up on other points, too.

He seems to think that as a consecrated person of private vows I have always lived as a hermit. He thinks hermits are religious, or that prior to taking canonical vows in the hands of their local ordinary, they fall under the jurisdiction of the Congregation of Institutes of Consecrated life. They do not. He seem to think that every Diocese has hermits, or a protocol for their reception or recognition. They do not. He seems to think that the Church has a definition of what a hermit is, in canon law, and that if you do not meet that definition, you are not a hermit. She does not. A hermit is a Catholic who (1) dedicates himself to his personal sanctification, (2) lives by himself, and may or may not (3) take vows or (4) observe a Rule. I am a hermit who does all four things. But if a diocese has no such protocol, it is scarcely the fault of a hermit that it does not. Nor does that fact mean he cannot follow Christ in this manner therein. Canon Law allows this.

He also seems to think that because I head so many organizations, there is something suspicious about me. He thinks very differently than I do, because I found suspicion on the basis of doing evil, not good. He noteworthily does not cite any criminal record or civil lawsuit on my personal record or that of any of these organizations. Because there are none, to my knowledge. He also does not cite the testimony of anyone who has ever been associated with them.

What irks Father is, however, that I made a video against the Vaxx and got a lot more views than he has followers on twitter. Or that I am not a priest and have the daring to follow Christ or defend Pope Benedict.

He is correct that I am notorious for being a strong vocal critic of Pope Benedict. But I know how to make the distinction between personal disagreements and the obligation we all have to recognize that he was elected validly as the Roman Pontiff. And must regard him as such until he does that which canon law says in canon 332.2 or is called before the throne of God. Father for his part is a member of a religious institute which was sanctioned by Pope Benedict. And he is an ardent supporter of Bergoglio. I am a known whistle blower on pedos and immorality among the clergy, and so we have both strong motives to disagree on many things.

Father seems to be worried and troubled about many things, so I ask you to pray for him. Unlike him, I will not ask you money at the bottom of my article.

20. BrianK

Not if dozens of video channels and forums recopied and reposted that mis-titled video. It would be impossible.

Though when you do an internet search now for “Priest warning from Rome - Alexis Bugnolo” you’ll find many of those videos have subsequently been retitled, so I assume Bugnolo did make an effort to correct that non Catholic error.