France

Discussion in 'The Signs of the Times' started by "Quis ut Deus", Apr 27, 2021.

1. Jo M

Jo M Powers

We need a 'Catholic patrol' at our church in the summer.
    Let's just say, beach attire is frequently seen at Mass. :(

2. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

:(:confused:

Sam and Jo M like this.
  3. padraig

padraig Powers

It makes me so sad that in Islam they do not value dogs. I recall Fr Ripperger saying that the Devil hates dogs more than any other animal because they are the best friend of people. Apparently this unclean dog thing goes back to Rabbinic Judaism. I don't know of any Scripture that condemns them.

They say they are a distraction in prayer. Well I have never found them so, sometimes if there is no one about and the place is empty I bring them into Church to visit with me.

https://qz.com/india/1038116/the-mo...s-began-to-see-dogs-as-dirty-impure-and-evil/

'There is, however, quite a different unknown strand of thinking about dogs in Islam, a long history of positive interactions between Muslims and dogs that goes back to the religion’s very beginnings. According to several authoritative accounts of his life and teachings, Prophet Muhammad himself prayed in the presence of dogs. Many of his cousins and companions, the world’s first Muslims, raised young puppies. In the Mosque of the Prophet in Medina, the second holiest site in the world for Muslims after the Kaaba, dogs were regularly seen frolicking about during the prophet’s life and for centuries after as well.'

4. AED

AED Powers

:unsure:

Michael Pio and Jo M like this.
  5. AED

AED Powers

Well if the devil hates dogs...and "certain religious groups" hate them...hmmm.

6. PurpleFlower

PurpleFlower Powers

I'm more of a cat person myself, but there is something about a good, loyal big dog... I've been to Medjugorje twice. The first time I went, I took my 12 year old brother, Joseph. Each day, we'd walk from Mirjana's hotel through the vineyards to the church for Mass or confession, about a 15 minute walk, sometimes multiple times a day. One of the first houses we'd pass was Mirjana's house, and her big white dog would come out and immediately join my brother as soon as she saw us. This happened every time, without fail. She'd walk beside Joseph all the way to the church, lie down on the pavement outside while we attended Mass, then join his side again for the whole walk back. Joseph loved this.

Many years later, I went to Medjugorje once more, but this time with my husband and our then 4 year old son, Will. Mirjana's dog was no longer there. But as we began our walk back from church the first night, a white puppy emerged from the bushes and accompanied us nearly the whole way. When we were within sight of the hotel, he turned around and ran back home. This happened every single night. It was so special to have a white dog accompanying us yet again, this time a puppy for my little Will. :)

7. padraig

padraig Powers

Lovely story. :)

Medugorje is so special.

Rose, Sam, PurpleFlower and 2 others like this.
  8. Muzhik

Muzhik Powers

I recall there was a problem some years ago in Minneapolis. Many of the taxis serving the international airport were operated by Somali immigrants, all Muslims, and they were refusing to accept blind patrons who had seeing eye dogs, since the dogs were unclean animals.

(IIRC there were also some issues with some drivers refusing to take unaccompanied women who were not "properly covered". Not sure how that was resolved. )

9. padraig

padraig Powers

This reminds me of the Vision of St Peter at Joppa: God basically told St Peter that since He Himself had created all animals, then no animals were unclean.

Acts 10:9-16

9 The next day, as they were on their journey and approaching the city, Peter went up on the housetop about the sixth hour to pray. 10 And he became hungry and wanted something to eat, but while they were preparing it, he fell into a trance 11 and saw the heavens opened and something like a great sheet descending, being let down by its four corners upon the earth. 12 In it were all kinds of animals and reptiles and birds of the air. 13 And there came a voice to him: “Rise, Peter; kill and eat.” 14 But Peter said, “By no means, Lord; for I have never eaten anything that is common or unclean.” 15 And the voice came to him again a second time, “What God has made clean, do not call common.” 16 This happened three times, and the thing was taken up at once to heaven.

10. Mario

Mario Powers

Such a story does not surprise me.:love::D

11. "Quis ut Deus"

"Quis ut Deus" ADMIN Staff Member

AED and Jo M like this.
  12. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

:eek:
    Thank you for the article, John. We must watch that situation.

Michael Pio, AED and Jo M like this.
  13. BrianK

BrianK Guest

https://www.france24.com/en/live-news/20210510-new-military-letter-warns-macron-over-survival-of-france

New military letter warns Macron over 'survival' of France
    10/05/2021 - 16:26
    [​IMG]
    'We are talking about the survival of our country,' the anonymous signatories told Macron Philippe LOPEZ AFP
    Paris (AFP)

A group of serving French soldiers has published an open letter warning President Emmanuel Macron that the survival of France is at stake after his "concessions" to Islamism, weeks after a similar message from elements in the military rocked the political elite.

The letter, posted on the website of the rightwing Valeurs Actuelles magazine late Sunday, echoes the one published by the same publication last month. It too warned that a civil conflict was brewing.

Interior Minister Gerald Darmanin, a close ally of Macron, condemned the second letter as a "crude manoeuvre", accusing its anonymous signatories of lacking "courage".

The previous letter, signed by a handful of officers and some 20 semi-retired generals, sparked a furore. Prime Minister Jean Castex denounced it as unacceptable interference and France's top general vowed that those behind it would be punished.

It is not clear how many people are behind the current letter or what their ranks are.

In contrast to the previous one, it can be signed by the public, with Valeurs Actuelles saying more than 145,000 had done so by Monday afternoon.

"We are not talking about extending your mandates or conquering others. We are talking about the survival of our country, the survival of your country," said the letter, which was addressed to Macron and his cabinet.

The authors described themselves as active-duty soldiers from the younger generation of the military, a so-called "generation of fire" that had seen active service.

"They have offered up their lives to destroy the Islamism that you have made concessions to on our soil," they wrote.

They claimed also to have served in the Sentinelle security operation within France, launched after a wave of jihadist attacks in 2015.

They observed that for some religious communities "France means nothing but an object of sarcasm, contempt or even hatred".

It added: "If a civil war breaks out, the military will maintain order on its own soil... civil war is brewing in France and you know it perfectly well."

- 'Is this courage?' -

A high-ranking officer in military headquarters told AFP that the armed forces would not let the letter go without a response.

"A firm reminder will be made by the command on the respect of duty," said the officer, who asked not to be identified by name, adding that remaining apolitical was essential for maintaining the military's credibility.

"One can have personal convictions but the armed forces are apolitical and have absolute loyalty to the elected president. If you feel bad you can leave the army with a clean conscience," the officer said.

"I believe that when you are in the military you don't do this kind of thing in hiding," Darmanin told BFM television. "These people are anonymous. Is this courage? To be anonymous?"

The letter comes in a febrile political atmosphere ahead of 2022 elections, when Macron's main challenger is expected to again be the far-right leader Marine Le Pen.

Analysts say Macron has tacked to the right in recent months to prevent Le Pen from exploiting a series of attacks in late 2020 blamed on Islamist extremists who recently immigrated to France.

Prime Minister Jean Castex had labelled the rare intervention in politics by military figures in last month's letter "an initiative against all of our republican principles, of honour and the duty of the army".

France's armed forces chief of staff, General Francois Lecointre, said those who signed it would face punishments ranging from forced full retirement to disciplinary action.

© 2021 AFP

Sent from my iPhone

14. garabandal

garabandal Powers

France might survive if the military take over.

Law & order has broken down in most major cities and they have a serious muslim threat.

Michael Pio, AED, Jo M and 1 other person like this.
  15. Luan Ribeiro

Luan Ribeiro Powers

there are countless prophecies mentioning the destruction of Paris by fire; whenever there are disturbances in France, it is inevitable not to remember that.

16. Muzhik

Muzhik Powers

Perhaps in doing so, since the Republic would no longer exist and they don't have to worry about maintaining "Republic" ideals, they will actively seek to restore the French monarchy.:sneaky:

17. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

From what I understand, there are a couple of families who are claiming that they are descendants of monarchy.

Michael Pio and Jason Fernando like this.

18. Prophecies: The Coming Great, Catholic Monarch

Jo M, HeavenlyHosts and Michael Pio like this.
  19. What a great way to start the Triumph of the Immaculate Heart of Mary

HeavenlyHosts and Michael Pio like this.
  20. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

This is great, Jason. Much truth.

AED and Jason Fernando like this.