Fr Ubald

Discussion in 'Prayer requests' started by Mijas, Nov 11, 2020.

1. Mijas

Mijas New Member

Perhaps people might add this priest to their prayers. He got stranded in Usa in March and has recently got infected with covid. He made an early recovery from ventilation and then had to be ventilated again. He remains sedated on ventilation. I believe he is offering his suffering for the US elections. His PA is doing live Rosary at 6pm Irish time daily on his face book page. He is an extraordinary priest.
    https://www.facebook.com/ubald.rugirangoga/

2. maryn

maryn New Member

I've just clicked on the Facebook Link and this is a truly amazing priest from Rwanda and is the leader of a peace and healing movement with an amazing life story.

Mary's child likes this.
  3. Mijas

Mijas New Member

Here is a youtube video of his story.

WTW, AED and maryn like this.
  4. AidanK

AidanK A great sinner

There is a very beautiful village in southern Spain named Mijas

Booklady likes this.
  5. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

Sad news to share
    Fr Ubald passed away January 7, 2021, due to complications from Covid.

josephite, WTW, Mary's child and 3 others like this.
  6. AED

AED Powers

I am sad to hear this although I am sure he is very glad you be with the Lord. May he pray for all of us.

josephite, WTW, Mary's child and 3 others like this.
  7. padraig

padraig New Member

Praying for the Father. It looks like he is a Victim Soul.

josephite, AED, WTW and 3 others like this.
  8. Dolours

Dolours Powers

For some inexplicable reason I only saw this thread last night. Too late to pray for Fr. Ubald's recovery. If Fr. Ubald was close to you, please accept my sincere condolences at your loss. Such a saintly man is a great loss to the world at a time when we have never been more in need of priests like him.

Thank you for posting that video. It has touched me deeply. Such lovely, faith filled people are an example to all of us. I did offer a prayer for the repose of Fr. Ubald's soul but I'm more inclined to pray for his intercession because if he didn't go straight to Heaven, the rest of us are in serious trouble. Perhaps there's a special meaning to be taken from the fact that he died in the US after all he had endured and overcome in his own country. I will say some prayers asking his intercession for the US at this difficult time.

josephite, AED and HeavenlyHosts like this.
  9. Mario

Mario Powers

Eternal rest grant unto him, O Lord!

josephite, AED and HeavenlyHosts like this.