Fr Corapi's announcement - he's leaving priesthood

Discussion in 'Video Blogs' started by garabandal, Jun 18, 2011.

1. MomsCalling

MomsCalling Principalities

Garabandal, that was wonderful.

There is a new video, not of Fr. Corapi, but of 4 of his friends asking him to return to the priesthood. It is worth watching, or at least browsing through. It is about 17 minutes long (so how did they get to post more than 15 minutes of video on YouTube?) The best testimony is at minute mark 10:40, where a former bodyguard of his speaks. He mentions an apparition that Fr. Corapi had of Mary and of a healing that he believed occurred to his daughter.

2. padraig

padraig Powers

Ephesians 4:32 Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.

3. maryrose

maryrose Powers

we are in a time of diabolical disorientation. A dear friend of mine who has done fantastic work for Our lady over the years has recently seperated from her husband who also is a very very good man. From what I know it was really all a kind of disorientation stemming from property disagreement. The problem I think is to do with pride which is the ultimate temptation. Once I hear people talking about their rights I get worried. Think of the saints they suffered the greatest humiliations silently. Sr Faustina died under a cloud and it was not for many many years that her visions were accepted. She trusted in God's vindication not mans. Pray for all priests as they really need prayer now.

Mary

4. Mario

Mario Powers

This is what is so marvelous about this forum. To peruse the new posts in the morning anf find a thread with five encouraging or insightful posts, one right after another. Thank you maryrose, Momscalling, Padraig, and garabandal. Thank you Jesus! Thank you Mary! :D

Proverbs 11:14 Where there is no guidance, a people falls; but in an abundance of counselors there is safety.

5. padraig

padraig Powers

I love that quote from Proverbs, Terry.

What Mary said about diabolical influence from Mary reminds me of something strange I witnessed just last week.

After work every night I take the dog and park up at a private car park up the road (because if I park outside my place at nights the car will get stolen, its happened more than once.

Anyway the place I park is a beautiful group of appartments for the mentally unwell. My firend Mal comes out to greet me and gives the dog a plate of meat each night. Mal is a schizophrenic and is under really heavy medical treatment, poor man. He used to be a quite serious drug dealer and was a bit of a hard man, he used to beat people up for not paying him , I heard. :shock:

Anyway Mal is very religious now and LOVES Medugorje and has been out several times.

Well anyway I showed up last week and Mal was all excited he was going to book a trip to Medugorje later this month. I encouraged him as much as I could.

But the next night night I called things had changed so much, Mal seemed cold and restless. I was astonished when he attacked and criticised Medugorje as nonsense and even seemed anti religious, he could not get rid of me quick enough. He said he was not going on pilgrimage.

I just sensed a really bad spirit had been active and I felt its presence as we talked.

Of course you could say its because Mal is unwell...but I don't know...

6. garabandal

garabandal Powers

Interesting that Michael Brown's headline on Spirit ~Daily is on diabolical disorientation:

http://www.spiritdaily.com/disorientation2.htm

7. PotatoSack

PotatoSack Powers

As you can tell I've been going back and forth on how I feel about this. It's all because of course I don't want to think of him as a casuality of this war, but when I really think about it the holy spirit would not be leading him down this path. My prayers will continue to be with him and all priests.

Garabandal - what a tremendous post!! Now that is being guided by the holy spirit!! I will print it out to keep by me for inspiration.

You speak of white martyrdom, and I figure we all must be experiencing that to some degree. Anytime anyone of us defends the faith or says in a group that they are against abortion...that's white martyrdom...earning one's way to heaven through "daily witness." There was a Zenit write-up on white martyrdom several years ago that is quite good. Part of it states:

As for the red variety...I like to think I'm there, but I don't think I am yet. That's why I'll print out Gab's post and leave it by my bedside and keep praying!

8. garabandal

garabandal Powers

In case you are wondering. I am daily trying to live a white martyrdom. I am not ready yet for the red variety for I am not yet fully converted. I have a little way to go yet but pray daily for the strength to die for Christ should the opportunity arise :wink: I am determined through God's grace to be fully converted but therein lies the challenge - there is a fleshy part of each of us that is stubborn and refuses to die but this brings perseverance and perseverance develops faith, hope and love -- Interesting too that I have a strong attachment to St Stephen, the first martyr of the Church -- and his feast day is 26th December the date of my dark night in 2003 that convinced me of the reality of purgatory and hell and I now consider this to be the date of my true conversion from sin and darkness to the light of God.[​IMG]

9. MomsCalling

MomsCalling Principalities

Mario, I'll have what you're having! :p

I love your quote from Proverbs too. I think we have an abundance of counselors here on this forum! LOL So we are safe here...

Potatosack, we are definitely on the same page with this topic. I keep teetering back and forth, quite uneasy about the whole thing, but hopeful that it will work out for the best. Hoping that he is being guided by our Mother, not misguided by someone or something else. Here is the latest Black SheepDog video from today, where he tries to clarify himself a bit, and clear up a few misconceptions. Of course on this forum, we have already talked through much of this, but many out there who don't have the great scholors that we do here (Padraig, Mario, Garabandal, and many other learned individuals) will find some of the information he gives helpful. I find his softened demeanor in this video more encouraging, anyway.

I will read his autobiography when it comes out, and I will keep an eye on his postings. He has always intrigued me. You know, when I first saw him on EWTN, I DID NOT LIKE HIM! I thought he was too harsh! I didn't like being yelled at, and his voice annoyed me. But as time went by and I stopped to listen for a few minutes here and there, he started to grow on me. Then I went to Medjugorje. Now I have one of his video series in my library and some of his later talks still saved on my DVR. He helped me with my conversion too, and gave me the understanding that the rosary is a weapon, not grandma's pretty beads. I have and will continue to tell that to others. I thank him for that, and my combat boots are still laced and ready. I hope to see him on the battlefield with us...not shooting at us from the other side, as he would be a formidable enemy!

10. garabandal

garabandal Powers

I think Fr Corapi has [in some ways understandably] taken the easier way out. He could/should have been obedient to the Church orders even though they may have been unjust. Padre Pio is an example because he was accused unjustly yet Padre Pio lived in obedience. Padre Pio, like Jesus, was obedient unto death. St Francis was the saint of poverty; Padre Pio was the "saint" of obedience. The documents of his life are there to bear witness. Christ too was obedient unto death and faced his accusers in silence - his accusers were the religious authorities of the day -- Padre Pio too in silence to the religious authorities of his day - a saintlike response. It is human to defend your rights - it is divine to remain silent in the face of accusations, incredibly hard for us humans to do, in fact impossible without the grace of God.

Imagine that Fr Corapi had obeyed and remained silent in the face of the accusations - for years and years - we would all be saying that his response was Christ-like and we would be saying he was a saint for putting up with all of the accusations yet remaining faithful.

So I remain troubled that he has gone public and insists on defending himself. I understand why but his ministry would have been incredibly fruitful had he chosen to remain silent. His path to sainthood would have been guaranteed. No matter how many videos and talks he puts out into the stratosphere I will not listen because he insists on being heard. He claims that his human rights have been violated and that the church authorities were out to get him - such language is the language of the secular world. Christ was innocent yet embraced the Cross.

The path to follow is always the path of humility.

11. PotatoSack

PotatoSack Powers

The utube of the 4 catholic men reaching out to Fr Corapi is very compelling. Thanks for posting MCalling!! It is well worth watching, so I'll post the link below again. These men are very strong in their faith, and they are really telling it like it is...just as Fr Corapi did for us. I hope he watches it at some point, but I'm not sure his heart would be open yet, to what they are telling him. Link is below:

12. padraig

padraig Powers

Wow!! What a beautiful video, very,very touching. When you watch something like this you have to say, 'Stan is going to be on the ropes!!' Very,very Christian, very,very Catholic.

I couldn't help reading some of the other blogs and emails on the net and compare and contrast them ; some of them I have to say are very bitter, unChristian nad downright nasty. The fact that Fr Corapi is a very public figure does make him a targt, he is was and will alwyas be our brother.

I sense as these brothers on the vidoe do a great struggle for the Father's soul. There are times when we are really, realy tested and the fight could go either way. THere are times when Satan realy puts us on the ropes. But with the prayers of great ordinary Cahtolics like the men on this video I am just full of hope.

God can change the greatest disasters into victories. Being down never must mean we are out.

Ecclesiastes 9:13-18

13 I also saw under the sun this example of wisdom that greatly impressed me: 14 There was once a small city with only a few people in it. And a powerful king came against it, surrounded it and built huge siegeworks against it. 15 Now there lived in that city a man poor but wise, and he saved the city by his wisdom. But nobody remembered that poor man. 16 SoGod’s wisdom can turn what looks like sure defeat into victory, although His wisdom may not even be remembered; it may even be popularly rejected. I said, “Wisdom is better than strength.” But the poor man’s wisdom is despised, and his words are no longer heeded.

17 The quiet words of the wise are more to be heeded
    than the shouts of a ruler of fools.

18 Wisdom is better than weapons of war,
    but one sinner destroys much good.

13. Lee

Lee Principalities

This is all so grievous and sad that such a great holy priest would find himself here.
    I was talking with a friend who at one time was very close to this priest and he let on that Fr. Corapi's background was that of a severely addicted personality, and even a homeless man, that many many of the wounds that were inflicted had never been healed. My friend all these years had had the fear of waiting for this other shoe to drop.

He did received a decisive gift from the Holy Spirit that being of preaching, understanding and sound teaching but the wounds of his past had never been addressed. We all operate from our unhealed wounds.
    He, although he was anointed, still he had great fears regarding money ( being homeless again) and kept rolls of hundreds on his person, and would try to pay his way through situations.He was so stricken with fear of people that he had to be lead by the hand to go forward in crowds. He would be stricken with migraine headaches only to alleviate it with prescribed narcotics for the pain, for an addict this is absolutely dangerous ground. The fears of the past never left him. His dependence and trust upon God was not fully developed.

I can not attempt to say what is the truth here but when our sins/fears of the past still haunt us, it's a slippery slope to say the very least. There is no freedom of redemption, no liberation, no deep healing, there is only trying to figure another escape route. Lord have mercy on our souls. We can only pray for his soul and those who love him.

14. maryrose

maryrose Powers

Lee
    I have felt that the wounds from his past life are a factor here. Its very difficult to deal with public acclaim whilst all the time struggling with human weakness. We need to keep him in our prayers.

Mary

15. Lee

Lee Principalities

Mary, I sometimes think trying to discern what happened is only a distraction. We should be like Carmelites here, just taking his heart, mind and soul into the Presence of God.
    Lee

16. padraig

padraig Powers

I was praying for himn last night and I prayerfully saw him in a seat in a garden of what looked like a large house or religious community in the garden on a bench. A man had just left him and he was so sad. he started to read something like a book and suddenly stopped and his head dropped into his hands. He looked so abject and sad..was he crying/

I will really devote myself to praying just for him the next week.

I am so very,very ,very sad about the whole thing. Very sad. The way his fellow Catholics many of them are using this situation to attack him is truly dreadful.

Please pray; I feel he needs our prayers very, very much and he is owed them.

Poor, poor man.

17. padraig

padraig Powers

I was praying for him last night and I prayerfully saw him in a seat in a garden of what looked like a large house or religious community in the garden on a bench. A man had just left him and he was so sad. he started to read something like a book and suddenly stopped and his head dropped into his hands. He looked so abject and sad hewas in lay clothes..was he crying?

I will really devote myself to praying just for him the next week.

I am so very,very ,very sad about the whole thing. Very sad. The way his fellow Catholics many of them are using this situation to attack him is truly dreadful.

Please pray; I feel he needs our prayers very, very much and he is owed them.

Poor, poor man.

18. Lee

Lee Principalities

Padraig, I'll join you in your prayers for Fr. Corapi. In the union of our prayers is great power, that was demonstrated to me on pilgrimage.
    Fr. Corapi needs deep healing, Our Lady can bring that to him but he has to be a willing participant.

19. maryrose

maryrose Powers

I am praying also

Mary

20. padraig

padraig Powers

http://www.ncregister.com/father-john-corapi-resigns-from-solt.html

Well that's that, then.

:(