Fr Corapi's announcement - he's leaving priesthood

Discussion in 'Video Blogs' started by garabandal, Jun 18, 2011.

1. garabandal

garabandal Powers

Apparently Fr Corapi has made an announcement that he is leaving the priesthood in a rather bizarre audio where he refers to himself as the Black Sheep Dog - it is available on the youtube link below. Truth is sometimes stranger than fiction - one would almost thing this is all one big hoax but it may well be true!

2. padraig

padraig Powers

It's so hard to find anything to write about all this in charity.

If we say Fr Corpai is innocent we could offend against charity against the woman who made the accusations, suggesting she is a liar and the worst kind of slanderer and that clerical authorities are grossly unjust.

If on the other hand we say Fr Corapi is guilty, again how can we be sure and we would do the poor priest a grave injusdtice. So I suppose all we can do is pray .

But it all reminds me of a story I read about the great Redemptorist lay brother and wonder worker St Gerald Majella. St Gerald was accused by a lady of the worst sort of misbehaviour. St Gerald was interviewed by his Superior, St Alphonsus Ligouri, himself a great saint, Founder of the Redemptorists, a Doctor of the Church and himself a well trained, highly qualified lawyer of both Canon and Secular Law, no better person to get to the truth.

However Gerald when interviewed simply kept quiet and refused to confirm or deny the accusations.
    I always wrestled with this silence , thinking it lacked common sense and prudence. For, it seemed to me St Gerald's silence lacked a concern for the scandal his silence caused; that he would have been much more reasonable to simply have told the turth and denied it. He had a huge reputation and by denying it the whole buisness might have ended then and there...I thought.

However I read years later that the saint had been inspired by God to imitate Jesus in this matter, who Himself had stod silent before His accusers.

Prophecy: Isa.53:7 “He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth.”
    Fulfillment: Matt.27:11-14 “And Jesus stood before the governor: and the governor asked him, saying, Art thou the King of the Jews? And Jesus said unto him, Thou sayest. 12And when he was accused of the chief priests and elders, he answered nothing. 13Then said Pilate unto him, Hearest thou not how many things they witness against thee? 14And he answered him to never a word; insomuch that the governor marvelled greatly.”

Anyhow the shadow of suspicion lay heavily against Gerlad for quite some while; even St Alphonsus himself seeming to have turned against him.

But eventually the woman came forward, confessed her guilt in making false accusations and Gerald was cleared.

But you know maybe; just maybe if Gerald had not kept quiet like Jesus maybe the woman would never have felt guilty and came forward. That it was St Gerald keeping quiet froced her forward...and if he hadn't kept quiet maybe she would never have done so..who knows? But I think St Gerald was one very,very,very holy man for keeping quiet.

Anyway I read another story today..nothing really to do about Fr Coropi; althought it has to do with discernment so maybe it touches on the story.

St Martin of Tours lived as Abbot of his monastery and there was a little Cahpel nearby were crowds flocked , praying and seeking miracles as it was supposed to be the tomb of a martyr. However Martin had bad vibes about the place and would never go near it.
    Finally Martin got sick of folks asking why he never went to the Shrine and decided to visit and pray for discernment if the place was cool or not. As he knelt and prayed the shadowy figure of a man appeared. St Martin quizzed him if he was the 'Maryr' of the shrine. THe amn confirmed he was, that he had been a bandit arrested and executed by the authoirites. The locals had wrongly gotten into the tradition of regarding him as a matyr.

St Martin had the shrine demolished.

There's a moral to this tale; I'm not wuite sure what though. :lol:

3. Kathleen

Kathleen New Member

Don't rush to judgement- but I do think we can react with sadness to our loss of Fr. Corapi, as well as the sadness of two or more people getting caught up in sins that are forgivable if one were simply to go to confession. I read someone saying that she is the accuser is now selling his rosary and starting a ministry. Sickness abounds here.
    I have tried to use really cool priests to help my husband connect to the church. The priest that blessed our marriage has since left the church to marry a nun. The first church we tried- I ended up helping the bishop fire the priest due to inappropriate behavior (he was a pedefile and preached that confession wasn't necessary- I provided evidence to the second part of that) At our new church, the priest we befriended to help with our marriage just moved quickly to another church. The most recent one we tried to work with (who did help us quite a bit) has left entirely due to personal issues which he never disclosed. So I turned to the internet and we became fond of Fr. Corapi. Hmmm, I need to rethink my plan here.

I am so sad for the loss we all have every time we lose a priest and scandel surrounds it. I can't imagine other's having the stamina to keep trying. How many folks are we losing from the church from this stuff! Pray, pray, pray Kath

4. padraig

padraig Powers

[​IMG]

http://marienfried.com/catholic%20teachings/prophecy%20of%20apostasy.html

Kathleen, your post reminded me that there is a real war in the heavens between good and evil:

Revelation 12:7-9: "And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels, and prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven.And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth,and his angels were cast out with him".

Being in a real war we can expect that there will be casualites on all sides and I guess it looks like Fr Coraopi is one of those casualities.

I have felt drawn to pray for him for quite some time now, it reminds me of our duty to pray for all priests, especially our own.

THere was atime when I ws younger when I expected that all priests were holy. Now I admit I have a certain guardedness when I meet strangers, including priests and am delighted when I discover that someone has a real holiness.

I suppose that's why I have felt tears come to my eyes every time I attended the CLnard Novena this week, for it reminds me of the realy huge resevoir of faith out there in the world. It reminds me not to be cynical despite the truly terrible things we hear and see around us, none sadder than the fact that a really huge apsotacy taking place in the Church. But this apostacy was prophesied by both Catholic saints and scripture right from the beginning.

II Timothy 3:1-5,7 "But realize this, that in the last days difficult times will come. For men will be lovers of self, lovers of money, boastful, arrogant, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, unloving, unforgiving, malicious gossips, without self-control, brutal, haters of good, treacherous, reckless, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of god; holding to a form of godliness, although they have denied its power; always learning and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth."

In the early 17th century, a Conceptionist nun in Ecuador, Mother Mariana de Jesus Torres (1563–1635), was the recipient of various apparitions from the Mother of God, including many prophecies concerning the 20th century. The fact that these prophecies date back 400 years makes them especially noteworthy. Mother Mariana’s incorrupt body was discovered in 1906 and can still be seen today.
    Our Lady of Good Success

“Thus I make it known to you that from the end of the 19th century and shortly after the middle of the 20th century… It will be difficult to receive the Sacrament of Baptism, and also that of Confirmation… The Catholic spirit will rapidly decay; the precious light of the Faith will gradually be extinguished…”

“Various heresies will be propagated in this land, then a free Republic. As these heresies spread and dominate, the precious light of Faith will be extinguished in souls by the almost total corruption of customs [morals]… The small number of souls who, hidden, will preserve the treasure of the Faith and the virtues will suffer an unspeakably cruel and slow martyrdom…”

“In the 20th century… the corruption of customs will be almost universal and the precious light of Faith all but extinguished.”

Again, referring to the 20th century:

“How the Church will suffer on that occasion – the dark night of the lack of a Prelate1 and Father to watch over them… The lukewarmness of all the souls consecrated to God in the priestly and religious state will delay the coming of this Prelate and Father.”

Our Lady of La Salette

In 1846, the Mother of God appeared to two shepherd children in La Salette, France. She gave them many warnings about how God is going to punish mankind if mankind did not stop sinning. She also made some startling predictions.
    Our Lady of La Salette
    Universal relaxation:

“Lucifer, with a great number of demons will be unchained from Hell. By degrees they shall abolish the Faith, even among persons consecrated to God.”

“In every place there will be extraordinary prodigies, because the true Faith has been extinguished.”

“[T]he abomination shall be seen in holy places, in convents, and then the demon shall make himself the king of hearts.”

“Rome will lose the Faith and become the seat of Antichrist.”

Fatima:

“Satan rules even in the highest positions and determines the direction of things. He will succeed in worming his way even into the highest summits of the Church…”

“But this will be a time of great trials for the Church. Cardinals will oppose cardinals. Bishops will oppose bishops. Satan will walk in their ranks. In Rome, there will be great changes. What is rotten will fall and what will fall will never rise again. Darkness will envelope the Church and the world will be thrown into a panic.”

Our Lady of Marienfried
    Our Lady of Marienfried

As the pleas, requests, and warnings sent to mankind by a merciful God through His Immaculate Mother at La Salette and Fatima went unheeded, He sent that same loving Mother once again to warn a prideful world in 1946 at Marienfried, a small town in Germany.

As the pleas, requests, and warnings sent to mankind by a merciful God through His Immaculate Mother at La Salette and Fatima went unheeded, He sent that same loving Mother once again to warn a prideful world in 1946 at Marienfried, a small town in Germany.

“The Star of the infernal regions (Lucifer) will rage more violently than ever and will cause frightful destruction, because he knows that his time is short, and because he sees that already many have gathered around my sign.”

Venerable Anna Katarina Emmerick (19th century)

The Venerable Anna Katerina Emmerick was a German mystic who was favored with extensive revelations. Six weeks after her death, upon a rumor that her body had been stolen, she was disinterred and found to be incorrupt. She came to international fame when Mel Gibson’s “The Passion of Christ” was acknowledged to have been based upon her revelations.

“I saw also the relationship between the two popes… I saw how baleful (evil; harmful) would be the consequences of this false church. I saw it increase in size;2 heretics of every kind came into the city (of Rome)3 … Once more I saw the Church of Peter was undermined by a plan evolved by the secret sect (Masonry), while storms were damaging it.”

“I saw a secret sect relentlessly undermining the great Church… When the Church had been for the most part destroyed (by the secret sect), and when only the sanctuary and the altar were still standing, I saw the wreckers (of the secret sect) enter the Church with the Beast.”

“I saw an apparition of the Mother of God, and she said that the tribulation would be very great. She added that these people must pray fervently with outstretched arms… They must pray above all for the Church of Darkness to leave Rome.”

Anna Katherina Emmerick

“The Church is in great danger… I see that in this place (Rome) the (Catholic) Church is being so cleverly undermined, that there will hardly remain a hundred or so priests who have not been deceived. They all work for destruction, even the clergy. The great devastation is now at hand.”

“When I saw the Church of St. Peter in ruins, and the manner in which so many of the clergy were themselves busy at this work of destruction – none of them wishing to do it openly in front of others – I was in such distress that I cried out to Jesus with all my might, imploring His mercy. Then, I saw before me the Heavenly Spouse… He said, among other things, that this translation of the Church from one place to another meant that She would seem to be in complete decline. But She would rise again; even if there remained but one Catholic, the Church would conquer again because She does not rest on human counsels and intelligence. It was also shown to me that there were almost no Christians left in the old acceptation of the word.”4

“The Church is completely isolated and as if completely deserted. It seems that everyone is running away.”

“Among the strangest things that I saw, were long processions of bishops. Their thoughts and utterances were made known to me through images issuing from their mouths. Their faults towards religion were shown by external deformities. A few had only a body, with a dark cloud of fog instead of a head. Others had only a head, their bodies and hearts were like thick vapors. Some were lame; others were paralytics; others were asleep or staggering.”

“I saw what I believe to be nearly all the bishops of the world, but only a small number were perfectly sound…”

“Then I saw that everything that pertained to Protestantism was gradually gaining the upper hand, and the Catholic religion fell into complete decadence…”

“In those days, Faith will fall very low, and it will be preserved in some places only, in a few cottages and in a few families which God has protected from disasters and wars.”

“I saw that many pastors allowed themselves to be taken up with ideas that were dangerous to the Church. They were building a great, strange, and extravagant Church. Everyone was to be admitted in it in order to be united and have equal rights: Evangelicals, Catholics, sects of every description. Such was to be the new Church…”

“I heard that Lucifer (if I am not mistaken) will be freed again for awhile fifty or sixty years before the year 2,000 AD.”

[​IMG]

5. Seán

Seán New Member

Well, he's still going to be a priest, just not allowed to exercise his ministry publicly. This is a trial for him, a great cross he must carry.

6. MomsCalling

MomsCalling Principalities

Wow, I was thinking all along as I watched and listened to that garbled recording that the whole thing with the black sheepdog is a hoax, but now I'm not so sure. Seems all the Fr. Corapi sites and Facebook pages are buzzing about it, and no one is really calling it fake. It really is so strange. Sean, it sounds like he is choosing this for himself, not that they are demanding it of him at this time. He is still proclaiming his innocence, he is not being silent like Jesus. He is just apparently decided not to keep repeating himself. He has said he is not guilty and is now going to leave us with that. Unfortunately, that includes walking away from his powerful ministry and messages. Sad, very sad. It appears that Stan has won this round...for the moment silencing a MAJOR warrior against him. However, I do not think we have heard the last of Fr. Corapi.

7. padraig

padraig Powers

It is very strange. I am praying for him and every one involved. I don't suppose the clerical powers that be might issue a statement to clear things up?

m :shock: aybe not.

8. MomsCalling

You know, I was thinking about this last night, and before too...we always talk about how much Satan targets the ones who fight against him the most, especially if it would mean that God could lose souls upon his downfall...well, I have been troubled with Fr. Corapi's sudden change in appearance (bout with vanity?) before this happened. Some say that it is an indicator he was having an affair, as that would make a man want to look younger, and etc. He lost weight and dyed his beard. I thought he was just going through a little middle-age crisis, and I know he had been sick also, though they don't ever really say what was wrong with him. All I can find is exhaustion (I thought maybe depression) or maybe they didn't know what was wrong. Anyway, I have been thinking, "What if...he was possessed? I mean, no one ever thinks of that. He has been battling Satan for so long, and Satan has been fightingback, no doubt. What if he had a demon, what if it changed his personality and what if..."it" said ir did something to this woman, or others? How would the Church deal with that in the public eye these days? Would they make him "go away" to avoid scandal, or...would they ever tell us about it? I think they are so uncomfortable with the modern day's reaction to possession that they would not allow it to be known as it would cause many to laugh at the church. It would explain this odd turn and also why Father is going down like a lamb instead of the Lion we are used to seeing. I don't know, just speculating here. These days the idea of possession comes to mind when I see people do strange, out of character things. The rest of the world thinks of drug addiction or mental illness, but there is always that third possibility.

9. MomsCalling

Hmmm, in looking for photos of Fr. Corapi, I stumbled upon other information and a "doctored" photo that received a LOT of circulation. First, I read that he was misdiagnosed, perhaps with Cancer or with a vitamin D deficiency? Not sure which was the correct diagnosos and which was the false one, but he may have received chemo and or radiation therapy. Now, it is not uncommon for hair to grow back differently after these treatments. There are many accounts of old people in their 70's and 80's regrowing black hair afterwards. So some are saying this is what happened to Fr. Corapi, not that he bought a box of Grecian for Men. If so, he probably didn't think it was a big deal, like his viewers made it out to be. As for the Vitamin D thing, sunlight or tanning would be "prescribed". Some also commented on his tan, This is a reason why he may have become more tan...not just to "look good".

Also, the photo that circulatied, I found, was a snip from a video Fr. did on EWTN about Haiti.

The first photo below is the one everybody saw on the internet. The second photo is one I just snipped from the same video. Notice the gray portions of the beard, and also notice that the photo isn't as "thin". Someone darkened his beard and shrunk in the sides of the snip to give him a thinner appearance. See, everybody loves a scandal, and if the truth isn't as good as they want it to be, they will embellish it to be so. Ho hum. Sad times indeed.

10. PotatoSack

PotatoSack Powers

Boy, I truly don't know what to make of this situation...beyond a pit in my stomach of course! Watching Fr Carapi has been an important piece of motivation and inspiration for me and my conversion process. I can't tell you how many times a statement from his sermons pops in my head to keep me going in the right direction and on the narrow path. I believe he has brought so many souls back to the faith, it is difficult to think he won't be speaking as a priest again. Here are a few random thoughts of mine on the situation...

My first thought when he was suspended was stan is at work here...doing everything he can to silence the ones speaking clearly and loudly on the truth of the church and the ones dragging most of the souls with them towards Heaven.

I still think this is the case. Based on previous apparitions posted by Padraig, the church has been infiltrated and I do believe this. This infiltration has resulted in unholy priests/bishops and they would want to silence someone like Fr Carapi. The fact that the new stringent process that is the result from the abuse crisis can be used to silence any holy priest with limited evidence is so ironic it seems to me stan is involved. (whenever something is perceived or positioned as "good" but ends up being very evil, that is when I see stan's fingerprints on a situation. For instance, abortion is perceived to be "good" for women because it empowers them and lets them control their bodies...but then ironically far more girls than boys are aborted because of cultural preferences...so in reality abortion is really a travisty for women...this to me is stan's fingerprints on a situation. The same here...the perceived goodness of a stringent process to address the abuse crisis ends up as a way to silence holy priests...that's the way I feel anyway).

God forgive me for any uncharity to the alleged victim, but I do think this is what is happening.

It will be interesting to hear what he preaches about now. I don't think he has left the Catholic faith? He is just not living the life of a priest, right? From my take, he is only branching out on his own to he can continue to speak and not be silenced. If he does not talk of Jesus, God, and the blessed Mother and if he starts dating women, then I guess my conclusion is he's lost his faith and I would have to stop listening to him. We'll see what he preaches about.

Having said all that, I do think the video was a little weird. Maybe he didnt know what to wear, since he can't wear the collar anymore, but the sheep and the wolves in the dog's eyes was creepy. I understand the meaning of the black sheep and sheep dog and why he chose the name, and I dont have a problem with him writing books. but certainly the video was creepy and would have been better if he was a talking head.

That's all I have on the topic...random thoughts. He must have prayed a lot on this, especially to the blessed Mother and lots of time in adoration...that's what he preached about after all. I hope he prayed a lot on this anyway. I felt called to pray for him when the initial suspension happened, and I prayed the novena I posted at that time. Yesterday was I was reflecting on this, I got a definate nudge to pray for him, so will start praying again for Fr Carapi and all involved.

11. MomsCalling

He has released another audio "video". This time he took away the actual dog's eyes and instead has a "tamer"picture...perhaps he got a LOT of "creeped out" feedback on the dog...it reminded me of the "jackal" or of a werewolf. I think he thought it was cool and wanted it to look forceful, but didn't realize how evil it would appear to many. Anyway, here is round2:

Potatosack I agree with you, I need to wait and see what he is going to do next. Is Stan into the religious leaders who are the cause for Fr. Corapi breaking away, or is he actually into Fr. Corapi? It remains to be seen. In this latest "video", he gives many reasons why he is disgruntled at the Church's policies in their support of him as a priest. Ok, fine, but under all that, what it feels like he is doing is attacking the Church...so I am even more concerned now than I was before I listened to this latest one. Leaves me rather empty, as I too, really loved him and thought of him as the "leader" of the rosary warriors, just behind Mary, and St. Michael, and Pope JP II, and Padre Pio in the front battle-lines for our souls...
    Is he doing this to keep his position on the front lines? Or has he run ahead so far now as to join the other side? I just don't know. We must Pray, Pray, Pray.

12. padraig

padraig Powers

Since its impossible to tell if the Father was involved in either the video or audio its really impossible to refer these to the position of the priest himself.

However if he did and its a big if:

Well the videos strikes me as the product of a deeply immature and disturbed mind. The Fr Corapi I used to watch and deeply enjoy so much always struck me as a deeply mature and adult person. Its as though they came from two different people which perhaps they did.

The audio tape too. Its seems ..well its simply not what I would expect from a person of deep prayer. Also taking Bishops or religious to court is appalling. Forbidden by scripture.

1 Corinthians 6:1-7
    When one of you has a dispute with another believer, how dare you file a lawsuit and ask a secular court to decide the matter instead of taking it to other believers! Don’t you realize that someday we believers will judge the world? And since you are going to judge the world, can’t you decide even these little things among yourselves? Don’t you realize that we will judge angels? So you should surely be able to resolve ordinary disputes in this life. If you have legal disputes about such matters, why go to outside judges who are not respected by the church? I am saying this to shame you. Isn't there anyone in all the church who is wise enough to decide these issues? But instead, one believer sues another—right in front of unbelievers!

Also the tape had a carping, complaining , also immature quality that does not find its roots in prayer and the Holy Spirit which would advise through scripture:

Isaiah 53:7:

He was oppressed and afflicted, yet he did not open his mouth; he was led like a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is silent, so he did not open his mouth.

But perhaps these things are not coming from Fr Corapi. I hope not.

Which of us does not go through a day when folks do not misjudge us or we do not misjudge others? Which of us go through a week were we do are not mistreated or do not mistreat others? It is the result of being fallen, sinners. Jesus shows us the way to deal with such mistreatment, He the lamb of God, in meekness and humilty, silence and prayer, like Jesus Himself.

[​IMG]

.....and you know the real bottom line here is, do these, well..rants.... build up or harm God's Church? Are they the source of good or of scandal and harm?

I pray it is not the Fr Corapi I admired so much that is doing these things...but if it is he has become an enemy of God's Church..a 'Black sheepdog' indeed.

I have to say that the name, 'Black sheepdog' gives me a creepy spooky feeling and the video too...as though Satan is having a snide laugh at us all, saying 'Look what I just did'. Where in Scritpure does the Holy SPirit use the term 'black' to describe its servants?

But if its not Fr Corpai; will the real Fr Corapi please stand up and say so...please?

[​IMG]

13. MomsCalling

I so want it to be a hoax too, but it is everywhere. Raymond Arroyo is talking about it on his Twitter page and on Facebook, and so is the National Catholic Register and these others:

http://twitter.com/#!/raymondarroyo

http://www.ncregister.com/father-corapis-bombshell.html

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/06/18/catholic-priest-john-corapi-quits-blasts-church_n_879839.html

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43470896

It is all soo soo strange.

14. MomsCalling

This video was on EWTN just before the scandal happened. Here he has his dark beard, and as he and Fr. Mitch have a discussion on fear, it is interesting what Fr. Corapi brings up. This is a bit of a glimpse into where his head was at just before the bottom fell out. He talks about writing his autobiography (so this was begun well before all the hoopla). He mentions being literally tormented by demons early in his conversion, he talks about now laying awake nights in total fear, and blaming it on those in the media who constantly dig for dirt on him. He talks a lot about his own fear instead of talking about fear to the audience, and Fr. Mitch propigates the conversation. I don't know, I just found it interesting and insightful. Seems he was already disturbed deeply during this show. He brought almost every conversation back to himself...he was preoccupied with his own fear, it seemed.
    But, at the same time, he also tells us how he would trust in God, and how important this seemed to be to him. He even talks about carrying his cross, seeming to be opposite of what he is doing now.

Oh, and partway through the show, a camera-man fainted...what a strange thing to happen.

15. PotatoSack

PotatoSack Powers

I'm still confused and sad over this. At least he has not left the Catholic faith, at least it seems that way based on the 2nd audio. Yes, he does a lot of lashing out towards the alleged victim and the process and those he feels are trying to shut him down, but I feel that's his natural personality...he says it like it is and can be combative. Who knows how difficult this has been for him. I do believe the church has been infiltrated as has been mentioned. And if you have read Miracle Detective by Randall Sullivan, he talks extensively of the divide between liberal and conservative priests, so there is natural division within the church.

Having said all that, I don't think the holy spirit would guide him to make the decision to leave the priesthood. So sadly, I do feel the direct and indirect attacks from stan have led him astray...a casuality of the war. It can happen to anyone of us in the blink of an eye...especially when we feel our faith is strong...we need to always be humbly on our knees asking God to increase our faith.

As for the name black sheepdog, I do think he is referring to himself as the black sheep among his fellow priests (meaning traditional, old-school sermons, marion priest) and sheepdog that guards the flock. I don't find it offensive, but could have chosen a better name. Perhaps his book about to be published will explain the name a bit more. Who knows...maybe some of what is in the book has gotten him in trouble...we don't know. Although I'm glad the image is gone in the 2nd audio, I think it's weird Fr Corapi has not shown his face. It's just weird and I wonder why.

At any rate, I pray that when our immaculate mother triumphs with her priests, as she told us she will do, I pray Fr. Corapi is one of the priests she is talking about!

16. MomsCalling

Potatosack, I hope so too. But, I am thinking as this goes on shrouded as it is...that perhaps he is going for, dare I say it...publicity. The theatrics and mystery, the alias, the "wanting to know more", and the "leaving us hanging" will ensure him a very large, global audience when he does finally "appear". Which, by his last message, is exactly what he wants. Not that it is bad, if his message is the same as it was before, of course. AND since he is standing up against some of the Church's protocol, he will get a large non-catholic and even non-christian audience as well. So the question still is, "did the devil make him do it?" or did Mary just send him on the biggest quest to convert unbelievers in this screwed up world than has ever been attempted before? Personally, I am still worried about him, but drastic times call for drastic measures, so we need to wait like everybody else, I guess. And continue to pray for him.

17. PotatoSack

PotatoSack Powers

Great question. Perhaps this is the division in the church that has been predicted? I'm sure there is division within the church, but we can't physically see it like we do here. When we do have the pope who will be forced to flee Rome, what will we be saying about him? That he should have stayed in Rome no matter the circumstances (of course we don't know the circumstances, it may be to avoid physical harm from an external threat or it may be due to threats internally ), but I'm just throwing that out there.

18. PotatoSack

PotatoSack Powers

The message from Akita is interesting to consider relating to this situation:

I added the underline in there. Just something to think about.

19. padraig

padraig Powers

I was thinking of Fr Corapi and my thoughts turned to the part of the 'Our Father' were we say, very prominently ,

'Lead us not into temptation'.

...and also of course the part of the 'Our Lady' were we say ,

'Pray for us sinners'.

When we do so I think we are praying not only for the ordinary day to day everyday temptations, I think, but the biggies, the really, really biggies that come along a few times in our lives and that can really knock us right of the wall. Yes knock us right of the wall even though we attend the sacraments frequently and pray constantly. Who knows when this hour of trial will come. So we build up a 'bank account' of prayer in preparing for the great times of testing that come on us all at some points in our lives, for instance on our death beds when Satan gets his last big go. I have faced these temptaions at some points in my life and from time to time have failed them , even completely loosing my faith for some years. Jesus faced them in the desert. When Satan appeared to hm in the desert and presented him with three real biggies right in a row! Jesus could have chased Satan right off as soon as he showed his ugly snout, but didn't; showing us an example that we have to sometimes get right down there in the gutter with Satan and go toe to toe with him. Its times like these we are glad we said all those thousands of Hail Mary's and Our Fathers down the years , praying for strngth for when we do will have to hit the desert and hear Satan's propposals for a happier life style. :shock:

[​IMG]

For no temptation (no trial regarded as enticing to sin), [no matter how it comes or where it leads] has overtaken you and laid hold on you that is not common to man [that is, no temptation or trial has come to you that is beyond human resistance and that is not adjusted and adapted and belonging to human experience, and such as man can bear]. But God is faithful [to His Word and to His compassionate nature], and He [can be trusted] not to let you be tempted and tried and assayed beyond your ability and strength of resistance and power to endure, but with the temptation He will [always] also provide the way out (the means of escape to a landing place), that you may be capable and strong and powerful to bear up under it patiently.

1 Corinthians 10 : 13

But you know if we didn't face the fires of great temptations what good would our claimed faith be? For it would never have been tested.

I have a feeling that this is what passed with this poor priest. I have some sympathy for him , having failed several times myself and taking the longest time to recover from them and get right back to base again, sometimes several years. Some folks just never get over them and go to pot, sometimes to complete pot.

Pray that Fr Corapi may get right back in there batting again. As one very holy nun said to me,

'Padraig its not the falling down that's important; its the getting back up again that does it'

...and when you do get up, bloodied but undefeated you are like some old war veteran battered, bloodied and bruised but much the better wiser person for it; tried and stronger in the trials of tribulation.

But we CAN'T STAY DOWN ON THE DECK.

WE HAVE TO GET RIGHT BACK UP AGAIN.

However hard it is, however long it takes, we have to climb right back into that ring again.

Timothy 1

18This charge I commit unto thee, son Timothy, according to the prophecies which went before on thee, that thou by them mightest war a good warfare;

19Holding faith, and a good conscience; which some having put away concerning faith have made shipwreck:

[​IMG]

20. garabandal

garabandal Powers

We are living in times of great darkness and spiritual deception.

Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.

We need to pray as never before, avail of the sacraments and sacramentals of the Church at all times and not lose our spiritual focus. We cannot do it alone. We must beg for the alms of grace. And he who is faithful will not give us a viper to eat when we ask for bread.

Are you ready? Are you ready for martyrdom [white first, red second]. Are you preparing spiritually and mentally for martyrdom? Are you asking God for the graces needed to survive these times? We still live in preparation times as our Lady continues to tell us to convert 'while there is still time', she tells us that this is still a time of mercy and a 'time of grace'. So let us ask for the grace of martyrdom, first a complete death to self to the fleshly man and then for the grace to have the strength to die for Christ for some of us will be called to that vocation. How will we know when we are ready for martyrdom? When we are fully converted. That is when the fleshly man has died and we have no 'attachments' to earthly things. He is asking us to go out into the deep - are you prepared like Peter to walk out into the water of the stormy seas? We are in the midst of the greatest spiritual tsunami the world has ever witnessed, a tsunami worse than the times of the biblical flood. Therefore this civilization will be destroyed not by water but by fire.

We are being tested as never before. This is a special period of world history a clash of civilizations - between darkness and light; between sacrifice and comfort; between the culture of life and the culture of death; between good and evil; between truth and deceit; between love and hate; between the gospel and the anti-gospel; between God and satan; between christian values and anti-christ. All around us there is demonic warfare on a huge scale, we are in the midst of the greatest of battles between the forces of Christ and the forces of anti-Christ and there will be casualties like Father Corapi. God bless him and save him and grant him the gift of humility and the eyes of faith.

We have Divine Mercy to rely upon to help us walk the straight path; we have the Lady clothed with the Sun and the moon at her feet and her heal will crush the head of the serpent therefore let us consecrate ourselves anew to living in her presence for
    she who is full of grace is the most gentle of all mothers. She prays & intercedes to her Son for each of us in a personal way for she knows each of us by name and has our names on her lips before the throne of grace in heaven. Heaven is the reality and the centre of all existence, not earth - earth is merely the stage where the drama of life is performed but heaven has a special window to the earthly drama so the saints and church triumphant intercede constantly for us including all of our loved ones who have crossed into heavenly reward.

We are the Church militant and war is raging but many are asleep decieved by the times. Dearest friends - you are a soldier of Christ, you are in the Legion of Mary, you are on the winning side so do not despair even though it looks like the enemy is winning. But we must prepare as never before, we must put on the full armour of God for protection for the enemy knows our weak spots!

Put on the full armour of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Therefore put on the full armour of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled round your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.