For a friend

Discussion in 'Prayer requests' started by Christy Beth, Oct 13, 2021.

1. Christy Beth

Christy Beth Archangels

I have a friend, David, who I've known for many years. We've disagreed plenty over the years, but are still friends. Even though we've never met in person, we are used to talking or emailing each other on a almost daily basis. Well, he was so against me getting the covid shots, which he wouldn't have gotten in any circumstance. Well, he now has Covid. He hasn't been hospitalized because of it, but is still laid rather low. He was always touting the benefits of Ivermectin, and said he would insist on taking it f he got sick. Well, he's sick and not getting the Ivermectin. I guess he's willing to go by what his doctor says. Anyway, could he gets some prayers to stay out of the hospital and to get better quickly?

2. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

Praying for David.

Beth B and Christy Beth like this.
  3. Of course (y)

Last edited: Oct 13, 2021
    Beth B likes this.
  4. Byron

Byron Powers

Prayers going up!

Beth B likes this.
  5. Mary's child

Mary's child Powers

Praying for David.

Beth B likes this.
  6. Ananchal

Ananchal Vigilans

Will include David in my prayers!

I also found out today that a friends hubby who did get the vaccine is in the hospital with COVID - he’s 46 and has 4 young children - he is on a ventilator and is not doing well :(

I hope and pray all Of those that suffer from illnesses receive Gods grace and mercy!

Beth B likes this.
  7. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

Yes Christy…I’ll offer a prayer for him tonight. Poor fellow….but he has you looking out for him! Praying is the medicine we can all recommend.
    Let us know how David’s doing…

8. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

Oh four children and he’s only 46…on a ventilator…..praying hard. It’s a very bad situation…

Jason Fernando and Ananchal like this.
  9. Christy Beth

Christy Beth Archangels

I guess we can pray for everyone who has covid. Not long ago a cousin of mine died from Covid, and he was 53. As much as some people are downplaying this stuff, it's still going strong.

10. padraig

padraig Powers

Prayers to Our Lady of Fatima, for David and for all suffering.

HeavenlyHosts, Indy, Mary P and 2 others like this.
  11. DesertStar7

DesertStar7 To Jesus + through Mary @-}---

12. Luiflower

Luiflower Principalities

Praying for David everyone affected by Covid, in Jesus Merciful Name.

The Lisbon Plaque of 1432 was defeated with the holy name of Jesus;

The venerable bishop, Monsignor Andre Dias, saw the plague grow every day in intensity, he urged the people to call on the Holy Name of Jesus. He was seen wherever the disease was fiercest, urging the sick and the dying, as well as those who were not yet stricken down, to repeat, “Jesus, Jesus.”
    “Write it on cards,” the Bishop said, “and keep those cards on your persons; place them at night under your pillows; place them on your doors; but above all, constantly invoke with your lips and in your hearts this most powerful Name.”

Then summoning them to the great Church of St. Dominic, he once more spoke to them of the power of the Name of Jesus and blessed water in the same Holy Name, ordering all the people to sprinkle themselves with it and sprinkle it on the faces of the sick and the dying. Wonder of wonders! The sick got well, the dying arose from their agonies, the plague ceased and the city was delivered in a few days from the most awful scourge that had ever visited it.
    The news spread to the whole country and all began, with one accord, to call on the Name of Jesus. In an incredibly short time all Portugal was freed from the dread sickness.

The Wonders of the Holy Name (olrl.org)

Free Traditional Catholic Books - Catholic Tradition - Traditional Catholic Reading | Traditional Catholic

Mary's child and HeavenlyHosts like this.
  13. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

Thank you so very much.

14. ellen

ellen Ellen

Christy Beth... Will pray for David!

15. ellen

ellen Ellen

Will pray for this young man and all whose suffering from Covid!!

Ananchal, AED and HeavenlyHosts like this.
  16. Christy Beth

Christy Beth Archangels

Just an update. His fever is gone, but he is coughing up some stuff. He was suppose to go back to work today, but will talk to his doctor first. He still wears out real easy, so our chats are as long as they used to be. I pray that he doesn't end up in the hospital.

Ananchal, AED and DesertStar7 like this.