First Saturday (and First Friday)

Discussion in 'Marian Apparitions' started by lynnfiat, Aug 1, 2017.

1. RoryRory

RoryRory Perseverance

Our masses have been cancelled. And adoration. So sad

Sam likes this.
  2. RoryRory

RoryRory Perseverance

Only 2 more allowed in our house, that will be 2 little grandchildren 8 and6

Sam, Xavier, sparrow and 1 other person like this.
  3. PurpleFlower

PurpleFlower Powers

I'm so sorry :(

Xavier, sparrow and RosaryWielder like this.
  4. AED

AED Powers

:(:(:(

Xavier likes this.
  5. sparrow

sparrow Exitus ~ Reditus

Ous Churches are closed as well. I have been watching the wonderful Masses and First Fridays and Saturdays with the Marians of the Immaculate Conception online. They are beautiful, reverent Masses at 9 am every day, and they also do the Chaplet of Divine Mercy at 3 every day and the rosary at 5 every day. They have a whole program on First Fridays and First Saturdays as well. Yesterday they had a beautiful celebration at 3 for First Saturday, St. Joseph the Worker feast day with consecration and also the month of Mary! You can find them at https://www.thedivinemercy.org/

6. lynnfiat

lynnfiat Fiat Voluntas Tua

First Saturday meditation:

Meditation on the prophecy of Simeon:

Heavenly Mother, I enter into Your sorrow at the prophecy of Simeon when you presented with St. Joseph the child Jesus in the Temple. The joy you felt upon presenting Jesus to the Father was taken away by the words spoken by Simeon, “…and your heart will be pierced also…(Luke 2:34) Oh, my sorrowful Mother, in these words was the knowledge given to you how many would reject your Motherly embrace and in rejecting you, would also be rejecting your Jesus. How many souls were contained in your Hearts that would reject the many Graces that you wanted to offer them. My sweet Mother, to make reparation to you for all the rejection you suffered upon seeing those souls that would not only reject your Jesus, but would also reject you, I bring you the love of all the faithful throughout the ages. I bring you the love of Jesus, your Son; of the Holy Spirit, your spouse; and Our Heavenly Father, to comfort and console you in this great sorrow. I will remain always with you upon your lap begging together with you that the Kingdom come on earth, as it is in Heaven.

7. andree

andree Powers

First Friday & Saturday (Aug 6-7) is coming up next week. Praise be to God for still allowing us to show our love and repair through this devotion in these times.

Sam, sparrow, HeavenlyHosts and 6 others like this.
  8. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

Thank you!

josephite, HeavenlyHosts and AED like this.
  9. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

Thanks, Andree.

josephite and AED like this.
  10. Mario

Mario Powers

What a First Friday it will be! The Feast of the Transfiguration (and Geralyn's and my wedding anniversary). And the 7th will be 73 years since my parents, John and Christine, were married! :ROFLMAO:

Eternal rest grant to them, O Lord!

miker, Beth B, andree and 6 others like this.
  11. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

What a day!:)

Beth B and josephite like this.
  12. Mario

Mario Powers

Did you know the body of Simeon is reserved in the city of Zadar in Croatia, in the Church named in his honor.

13. josephite

josephite Powers

Promises of the Sacred Heart made to Margaret Mary Alacoque
    Margaret Mary Alacoque said that in her apparitions Jesus promised these blessings to those who practice devotion to his Sacred Heart.

1. I will give them all the graces necessary for their state of life.
    2. I will give peace in their families.
    3. I will console them in all their troubles.
    4. I will be their refuge in life and especially in death.
    5. I will abundantly bless all their undertakings.
    6. Sinners shall find in my Heart the source and infinite ocean of mercy.
    7. Tepid souls shall become fervent.
    8. Fervent souls shall rise speedily to great perfection.
    9. I will bless those places wherein the image of My Sacred Heart shall be exposed and venerated.
    10. I will give to priests the power to touch the most hardened hearts.
    11. Persons who propagate this devotion shall have their names eternally written in my Heart.
    12. In the excess of the mercy of my Heart, I promise you that my all powerful love will grant to all those who will receive Communion on the First Fridays, for nine consecutive months, the grace of final repentance: they will not die in my displeasure, nor without receiving the sacraments; and my Heart will be their secure refuge in that last hour.
    A simple acrostic as a guide to prayer: A.C.T.S. Each of the letters in this acrostic stands for one of the key elements of prayer:

(A) Adoration

(C) Confession

(T) Thanksgiving

(S) Supplication

But not only does this acrostic remind us of the elements of prayer, it shows us the priority we ought to give to each.

The first element of prayer should be adoration, or praise.

Second, prayer should include confession of our sin; as we remember who we are when we come into God’s presence, we see that we have come short of His holiness and have need of His forgiveness.

Third, when we pray, we should always give thanks, remembering the grace and mercy God has shown toward us.

Fourth, prayer rightly includes supplication or petition, bringing our requests for the needs of others and ourselves to God.

The Lord’s Prayer

When we look at the Lord’s Prayer, we see Adoration and Thanksgiving at the beginning of the prayer, for we are taught to Call God Our Father our Daddy, and “Hallowed be Your name.”

We see confession in the petition “Forgive us our trespassers .” And supplications where we ask for our daily bread and Gods protection from temptation and evil.

In the below talk we hear the beautiful promises of our Lord to those devoted to His Most Sacred Heart and we also hear the above sequencing of our prayers. It is a beautiful talk.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2021
    Sam, Beth B, sparrow and 1 other person like this.
  14. andree

andree Powers

Bumping this up as a reminder! Tomorrow is First Friday and the Transfiguration.

And Mario's (Terry?) wedding anniversary. Blessings to you both :)

Ananchal and lynnfiat like this.
  15. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

Thank you!

16. sparrow

sparrow Exitus ~ Reditus

Tomorrow is Thursday

17. jackzokay

jackzokay Archangels

Yesterday was Tuesday, and I thought it Monday.
    I think it must be the holidays. The days are easily lost track of.
    Kind of reminds me of those lazy summer days we had as children. Carefree. Innocent.
    You had to ask someone what day it was, and often they'd have to check with someone else!

Will this be our last summer like this? It wouldn't surprise me one bit. God, I hope I'm wrong..

18. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

Yes, my husband and I have lost track of time some weeks. :LOL::rolleyes:

sparrow likes this.
  19. sparrow

sparrow Exitus ~ Reditus

Time has sped up so much that it is hard to keep track of what day it is for sure! They all run together. Every time I stop and think about it, another week has gone by. Seems we're racing into 'something'...

HeavenlyHosts and jackzokay like this.
  20. andree

andree Powers

Well I should have checked this thread last night before going to bed;). I went to the wrong church this morning thinking it was Friday!

I have one more day to prepare properly:rolleyes:

HeavenlyHosts, Sam and sparrow like this.