Father of Amazon.com founder (Bezos) gives gift of $12 million to Catholic school

Discussion in 'The Signs of the Times' started by TinNM, Jun 29, 2021.

1. TinNM

TinNM Archangels

Story: Father of Amazon.com founder gives gift of $12 million to Catholic school. Published 6/22/2021. Nation. (thebostonpilot.com)

Father of Amazon.com founder gives gift of $12 million to Catholic school
    WASHINGTON (CNS) -- Miguel Bezos, the immigrant father of Amazon.com founder Jeff Bezos, has donated $12 million to a Catholic school in Delaware that housed and educated him when he arrived as an unaccompanied minor from Cuba in the early 1960s.

The senior Bezos attended Salesianum School in Wilmington, Delaware, after fleeing post-Revolution Cuba, along with over 14,000 other minors brought to the U.S. through Operation Pedro Pan, a program organized by the Catholic Church with the help of the U.S. government.

Because Catholic social services agencies in Miami receiving the Cuban minors were overwhelmed, dioceses throughout the country began sending children to Catholic facilities and foster families throughout the country. Bezos ended up at a home for boys in Wilmington.

Back then, Father James P. Byrne, of the Oblates of St. Francis de Sales, was put in charge of Casa de Sales, where Bezos was welcomed with other Cuban boys.
    This is a great story. Whether it matters or not, apparently this is from Bezos "adoptive" father.

I am no fan of Jeff Bezos, he seems globalist and dare I say, seems like a leftist to me but one has to admit, this seems like a very good thing his father has done.

More reading here: Jeff Bezo’s adoptive Cuban-American father Miguel Bezos donates $12 million to Delaware Catholic school | Babalú Blog (babalublog.com)

Dare I say, not to be judgmental but maybe I'll say a little prayer for Jeff Bezos to return to his Catholic roots if he has them.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2021