fan the flame

Discussion in 'Coffee House' started by darrell, Apr 7, 2008.

1. darrell

darrell New Member

Padraig, interestig that today you should post the image of the hands holding a flame. I have a little bronze statue of St. Timothy sitting on the cornerstone holding a flame in his hands. It is a replica of a carving by one of our parish priests, Father Gerry.

For this reason, I remind you to stir into flame the gift of God that you have through the imposition of my hands.
    2 Timothy 1: 6

Today my little son Dustin Augustus was Confirmed and made his first Holy Communion. I was filled with joy to see his excitement. Tonight, I asked him his thoughts. He said, "I felt good. I felt like God was very close to me."

A good day, thanks be to God!
    St. Timothy, pray for us!

Darrell

2. padraig

padraig New Member

I wasn't sure what the hands meant, Darrell, to be honest I just liked the flame moving. Congratulations on Dustin's confirmation. It great that he'll have those great graces moving forward inot adulthood!! :)

3. Mario

Mario Powers

Darrell,

Super Duper! Congratulate Dustin for me and ask him to pray for my son, Daniel, if you will. It had been almost 2 years since Danny had received Holy Communion; however, he finally overcame his fear of gagging and received again this past Sunday. It's been a long haul; I wept for joy. Perhaps Dustin could pray or offer up a Communion so that Danny will no longer have any problems or hesitations due to fear.

Safe in the Hearts of Jesus and Mary!