Falling for Lent

Discussion in 'Prayer requests' started by BrianK, Mar 27, 2021.

1. BrianK

BrianK Guest

Prayer request:

I have fallen dozens of times since my strokes, but fortunately I hadn’t had any hard falls for a year and a half now. I used to be 80 pounds heavier so I have good solid bone stock and don’t break bones easily.

Yesterday I was walking from the woods where I live out into the neighboring field to spread corn for the deer. My weak left foot got caught on a big branch and I went down hard, with the right side of my face hitting another big branch on the ground. My eyeglasses gashed my right eyebrow bad enough that I had to put two Steri Strips on it to hold the would together. Plus I’ve got a partial black eye and a painful bruise on the bridge of my nose.

I was able to bend my eyeglasses back into shape and they didn’t break yesterday, a real blessing because I was just trying to make an appointment with an eye doctor this week and the earliest I could get was July.

Today I was moving a heavy weight bench in the garage, pulling with all my might, and the part I was pulling on came loose. I went down hard on my back and rear end. Fortunately the back of my head only bounced a little off the concrete.

Needless to say, I’m pretty banged up this evening.

I’m not sure what the Lord is trying to tell me, and I constantly pray to my guardian angel for protection against such falls and accidents. Thankfully I’ve had no serious injuries from any of my recent falls, although I did chip a bone in my wrist in a fall three years ago.

Some prayers would be appreciated, not so much for healing, because this too shall pass, but that this kind of event doesn’t happen again and I have no more serious injuries.

2. Donna259

Donna259 Powers

prayers for you Brian.....

Jo M, Booklady, Beth B and 2 others like this.
  3. Byron

Byron Powers

Praying. Take it easy Brian. Rest.

Jo M, Booklady, Beth B and 2 others like this.
  4. Sam

Sam Powers

Jo M, Booklady, Beth B and 1 other person like this.
  5. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

Ice down the worst of the sore spots. I’m sorry this happened. Praying.

Jo M, Booklady, Beth B and 1 other person like this.
  6. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

Awww Brian...I’m so sorry to read this. I’m glad that although they were really nasty falls, you didn’t break anything! You mess your back up and that could haunt you forever.

I’ve had a few falls recently too and I pray about every time I descend stairs anymore! This aging stuff creeps up fast. May our dear guardian angels protect us all. Praying as I sit here this evening with a cast on my wrist!:p:D:eek::notworthy::ROFLMAO:

Jo M, HeavenlyHosts, Sam and 4 others like this.
  7. Booklady

Booklady La Dolorosa

I will add you to my prayer intentions today, Brian. Blessings

Jo M and HeavenlyHosts like this.
  8. Mary's child

Mary's child Powers

Prayers for you Brian as I sit here with a boot from falling in January. :p:ROFLMAO:

Donna259, Jo M, HeavenlyHosts and 3 others like this.
  9. RosaryWielder

RosaryWielder Founder of Claritas

Will keep you in my prayers.

10. BrianK

BrianK Guest

Ack!! At least I haven’t broken anything lately! Prayers for you both!!

RosaryWielder, AED, Jo M and 4 others like this.
  11. Mario

Mario Powers

Time for St. Joseph to come to the rescue. Between him and your guardian angel, this should help! I know you are determined to live normally as long as possible; maybe letting up on the gas is a possible response?

Safe in the Father's Arms!

AED, Jo M, Beth B and 3 others like this.
  12. BrianK

BrianK Guest

Yeah, I let up on the gas, went and took a long nap. Felt so good, I went back out to the garage. I’m building a mount for my post leg vise, a big heavy blacksmithing vise. I need the vise operable so I can build my next set of tongs, which we need to hold railroad spikes in the forge.

So I cut six 30 inch long pieces of 2x12 lumber, and stacked them side by side, put wood glue between them, put pipe clamps on the stack and 8 inch lag screws to help hold them together.

I’ll stand up this heavy pine “log” and lag screw the post leg vise into it. Then I can complete my next set of blacksmith tongs.

After I modify the air intake on my wood forge...

Jo M, Mario and HeavenlyHosts like this.
  13. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

Brian, I fall, too. My son says I shuffle. He keeps telling me to pick up my feet. I have a bad back so that is hard for me. I find that I have to be very deliberate, slow down, and watch like a hawk where I’m putting my feet. Making progress but not perfection.

Sam, DesertStar7, Donna259 and 4 others like this.
  14. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

Um, huh?

Beth B likes this.
  15. BrianK

BrianK Guest

CSS

“Can’t Sit Still”

If I do whole days pass by without accomplishing anything. And the list of what I want to accomplish this spring is always growing.

AED, Jo M, Beth B and 2 others like this.
  16. BrianK

BrianK Guest

I have some residual left foot drop from the strokes. I have a full articulated AFO (ankle foot orthoses) for my left lower leg, which has a rubber joint that helps pick up my toes so I don’t trip as easily with my left foot. Plus I roll over that ankle very easily to the outside, so I always need to be wearing that AFO or an athletic ankle support.

I try to go with just the ankle support because my muscles on that side just get weaker if I always wear the AFO. I wasn’t wearing the AFO yesterday when I fell, and that probably contributed to the fall.

Today I was wearing the AFO, but it couldn’t overcome me just being stupid and stubborn.

AED, Jo M, Mary's child and 1 other person like this.
  17. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

Well, we do the best we can. No one is perfect.

AED, Jo M, Mary's child and 2 others like this.
  18. Jo M

Jo M Powers

Sorry to hear about your falls, thank goodness your injuries weren't worse. You are in my prayers.

AED and BrianK like this.
  19. AED

AED Powers

I am so sorry to hear this Brian. Thank God there's no broken bones. Prayers going up.

BrianK and Jo M like this.
  20. AED

AED Powers

Oh I am sorry to hear this. I thought you were probably all healed up by now. Are you back to work yet? Putting you with Brian in my prayers!!

BrianK, Mary's child and Jo M like this.