EWTN

Discussion in 'Ireland' started by Bonaventure, Feb 24, 2015.

1. Bonaventure

Bonaventure Guest

Hi my Irish friends and family.....

do you get EWTN in Ireland? Just wondering....by the way....I had my DNA sample done and found I am 99.1 percent Northern European and 96% Celtic....so you really are my family :)

Joe Crozier and Beth B like this.
  2. Indy

Indy Praying

Dia dhuit, fellow celt. we do get it here, its on one of the cable channels the only good cable channel at that, last time I checked anyway, which was over a year ago. I was at a lecture last year on some Celtic tribes, some of them came into Ireland over 25oo years ago, some amazing history. They used chariots to travel and some had very royal linage particularly those of the red branch nights and Kings of Ulster. Anyway, its nice to hear you are happy about your results.

Bonaventure likes this.
  3. Heidi

Heidi Archangels

My brother just got his done......I am sure mine would be very similar......no Celtic here, but it did say 18% British/Irish. Surprisingly, it said a small amount of Jewish ancestry.......and also that I am distantly related to St. Luke.

Beth B and Bonaventure like this.
  4. padraig

padraig New Member

I remember reading somewhere that Celtic DNA marking in the blood are the strongest of all, even stronger than say, Jewish or Negro.

I remember being in Chicago one time and being touched and surprised by how many African Americans told me they were Irish.:)

Bonaventure likes this.
  5. Bonaventure

Bonaventure Guest

I used the 23 and me DNA sampling here in the US to test for a vit b deficiency. It is cheaper at 99.00 to get health info then it is to pay for a 500.00 test out of pocket. As a result I got all my DNA answers. Breast cancer gene, Alzheimer's gene and some metabolic and gluten genes....that's why I did it but I did get some ancestry info that was wonderful! It ties you to 3rd and 4th cousins if you want to contact them to figure your family tree. I have NOT....but it's interesting that most of them go back to Ireland in 2 generations

6. Bonaventure

Bonaventure Guest

One more thing....can anyone recommend a good Irish genealogy search engine? My grandmother's grandparents came over on the St Mark in the mid 1800's and I can't trace them in Ireland....I only have the census info of them in the NYC Irish tenements. I can't figure where they came from in Ireland and of course they have the most common of names....Anne Garvey and Patrick Mitchell....when I look up records there are about at least 5 or 6 of them in Ireland married that year before they left for NYC.....I would love to know where they came from. My grandmom said Mayo but that could have been her dad Robert Logan....

7. Bonaventure

Bonaventure Guest

thank you Indy....very interesting info. I am glad you guys get EWTN over there as it is such a beautiful channel and it would be a shame if you couldn't enjoy it with us.....Dia dhuit!

Beth B likes this.
  8. Infant Jesus of Prague

Infant Jesus of Prague The More you Honor Me The More I will Bless Thee

Awesome....a Must see

on EWTN

[​IMG]

Booklady and Bonaventure like this.
  9. Bonaventure

Bonaventure Guest

I watched it last night....

10. padraig

padraig New Member

http://www.irishgenealogy.ie/en/

11. Bonaventure

Bonaventure Guest

thanks Padraig!

12. Infant Jesus of Prague

13. Infant Jesus of Prague

14. Infant Jesus of Prague

Last edited: Mar 9, 2015
    Booklady and Beth B like this.
  15. Infant Jesus of Prague

16. Infant Jesus of Prague

Last edited: Mar 23, 2015
    Beth B and hope like this.
  17. Infant Jesus of Prague

hope likes this.
  18. Infant Jesus of Prague

NIGHT OF THE PROPHET [​IMG]

03/28 at 8:00 PM ET

Through the eyes of a Roman journalist, a dramatization of Padre Pio, who is unveiled as a man of purity and Christian charity.

Beth B likes this.
  19. Infant Jesus of Prague

jnice :), Jeanne and hope like this.
  20. hope

hope Guest

Women of grace is doing a wonderful series on the Shroud Of Turin this week, at 11 A.M. and at 11:30 P.M. Fascinating!