Equality Act

Discussion in 'Prayer requests' started by Ananchal, Feb 25, 2021.

1. Ananchal

Ananchal Vigilans

Just read the Equality Act passed the house

2. Christy Beth

Christy Beth Archangels

Lord have mercy on all of us. If this becomes law, how many churches will have to shut down?

Ananchal likes this.
  3. Ananchal

Ananchal Vigilans

I was sitting down for dinner and had to push my meal away - I don’t have the stomach to eat right now

4. Mary's child

Mary's child Powers

:( Definitely a formal minor chastisement in the near future.
    May Our Lord have mercy on us all.

Booklady likes this.
  5. DesertStar7

DesertStar7 To Jesus + through Mary @-}--

So I (female) can walk into a Mosque and recite some Islamic versus to the men there.

Right?

Carmel333 likes this.
  6. Ananchal

Ananchal Vigilans

Well — I’m not going to try that but good luck to you :)

Carmel333 and DesertStar7 like this.
  7. padraig

padraig New Member

Sanctus likes this.
  8. Christy Beth

Christy Beth Archangels

This is so sick. How can Biden still call himself Catholic, or male, and say this is ok? Would he allow women who see themselves as male into male locker rooms and the like? Would the men be ok with that? Where is the uprising over this? Why aren't more people complaining? Is our congress so out of touch that they let these special interest groups to hold trump cards against the people who voted them into office? Ok, where's my senator. I want to give him a piece of my mind. This is absurd to put it mildly. If they think they can silence me over this, they don't know me very well.

9. Mario

Mario Powers

Both my senators are as blue as blue gets. But I'll still give them a piece of my mind.:mad:

Turn back the onslaught, Lord!

Last edited: Feb 28, 2021
    Ananchal and Mary's child like this.
  10. Booklady

Booklady Powers

I doubt it will pass the Senate without some major changes.:eek::cautious::censored::mad:

I can't imagine that this obscenity was drafted and passed by a Catholic, and a Catholic president is eager to sign this. :cry:

11. Carmel333

Carmel333 Archangels

Was listening to Relevant Radio the other day discussion on this, and the poor misled souls calling in not understanding how it is hurting anyone to let them have their rights....they were saying we were really dumb to worry about stupid "pee issues" (bathroom) that it won't be a big deal... the devil has gotten to allot of supposed christians too! They have no concept of what this would do to Truth of any kind. Some things that came to mind that are ridiculous: How will the medical field refer to reproductive organs and their issues? If a trans-gen-les-gay-bian insists they are a female and want to be fixed so they can have a baby, what kind of money and medical insurance will it take to placate them? If a teacher accidently uses a boy or girl word like " Jimmy, would you help Sara with HER coat zipper?" can the teacher be arrested? It just can go on and on. Not to mention the bathroom issues....

Sam and Mary's child like this.
  12. Christy Beth

Christy Beth Archangels

I'd like to see the reaction of men if women started using the men's room. I mean, seriously? Maybe one of these days when I'm out in public, I'll make sure the bathroom is full of men, and I'll just waltz in and use it. Then maybe they'll get the picture. Of course, those in power probably won't see that as an issue. If they do, maybe they will insist on having someone "directing" people to the "correct" bathroom. Just wait until a transgender person is in congress and insists on their rights there. But by then, they may be so far gone it won't matter. Oh, well, I guess I'll "protest" when the time comes. I just wish more people were here to join me in this. Not that anyone here wouldn't join me, but I doubt anyone is near enough for us to make much of a protest.

13. DesertStar7

That crossed my mind the other day: To walk into a men's room and announce "I'm a man!" and walk into a stall. And if there's a hurried, flustered zipping-up at the urinal -- OH WELL!

14. DesertStar7

Ian Miles Cheong
    @stillgray

·
    7h

"If your college tries to kick you out for saying there are only two genders just tell them you’re Muslim and accuse them of Islamophobia."

15. Carmel333

Carmel333 Archangels

Watched ABC news this morn for the weather. They are all fighting with each other about Golden Globes and now they have kicked Chris Harrison off the Bachelor Show for offending them somehow. Hung and slaughtered like Roseanne. I think it's a riot. They are so offended by everything they will have no one left to worship in their world... LOL

Mary's child, Jo M and DesertStar7 like this.
  16. DesertStar7

And their world is SO unforgiving.

Christy Beth:

Coming back to this.

I continue doing what I can, and having no children cannot fathom parents' fears (nor of women in brick & mortar employment likely having to deal with "sharing a bathroom").

Which brings to mind a certain in-law (could be my own sister; not merely picking on an in-law) who for years WAS sober, prayerful, humble, raised her two children as best she could (her ex-husband cheated on her) ... she often raised the alarm on "the culture wars" from 2008 to 2013 ... then for some reason SHE went off the deep-end with Me Me Me "Christianity" and by 2017 life revolves around her Bucket List. o_O And during the birth of her 1st grandchild.

I can never understand this about her.

Sorry to say it, and I'm not implying it's anyone HERE, but some Christians are reaping the consequences of being selfish and/or stupid.

Mary's child and Carmel333 like this.
  17. Jo M

Jo M Powers

Golden Globes, Academy Awards, etc.,are nothing more than gatherings for Hollywood's elite who comply with whatever narrative they are promoting at the moment. In the past few years their ratings have fallen dramatically. What used to be a night of entertainment, has sadly become a platform for political, and social agendas, and to fling insults at anyone who disagrees with them. Hollywood will absolutely not back anyone with an original idea who strays away from their narrative, this is exactly why films, and TV shows are nothing more than rinse and repeat. Unless an independent filmmaker has private financial backers to get their film produced, they do not stand a chance of succeeding in the business. Roseanne's castmates wasted no time distancing themselves from her, and throwing her under the bus to protect their careers. That's how they roll. Fake.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2021
  18. DesertStar7

I saw a clip from the show after they booted her (I'm not a fan before either): Apparently the characters (Dan and eldest daughter) were mourning Roseanne, the character's, death.

And I thought wow ... how ghoulish to rub it in like that.

Can you imagine being Roseanne, having a hand in making them all famous (or more famous), all the memories during filming ... only to get that sort of treatment?

What Roseanne Tweeted was terrible, but to absolutely destroy her was also wrong.

Jo M and Carmel333 like this.